Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 am

That would be awesome if that'd somehow be the case, it'd be a sweet name-drop. But that'd also be tricky to try and explain in-lore why Crichtonsaurus is named, otherwise it could suggest that Michael Crichton does exist in this universe and he wrote his books based on the events in the movies!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
That would be awesome if that'd somehow be the case, it'd be a sweet name-drop. But that'd also be tricky to try and explain in-lore why Crichtonsaurus is named, otherwise it could suggest that Michael Crichton does exist in this universe and he wrote his books based on the events in the movies!

"but many of the principal figures in the “InGen incident” are not signatories, and were willing to discuss the remarkable events leading up to those final two days in August 1989 on a remote island off the west coast of Costa Rica."
Maybe....August 1989-> June 1993

View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Chris Pugh (Chrislikesdinos) announced on Twitter that Carnotaurus will be in Fallen Kingdom, guess that means we can also expect Baryonyx & Dilophosaurus since they were on the list of Dinosaurs rumoured on the Reddit list that leaked in April which is now looking 100% accurate given Stygimoloch was confirmed shortly after as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
Chris Pugh (Chrislikesdinos) announced on Twitter that Carnotaurus will be in Fallen Kingdom, guess that means we can also expect Baryonyx & Dilophosaurus since they were on the list of Dinosaurs rumoured on the Reddit list that leaked in April which is now looking 100% accurate given Stygimoloch was confirmed shortly after as well.

It makes you wonder if Stygimoloch will be its own dinosaur or be portrayed as an juvenile Pachycephalosaurus like Horner thought it did. Although, considering how wrong Horner was on T. rex, Spinosaurus, how boneheads not being able to butt head (which they could) and how Torosaurus was full grown Triceratops/full grown male Triceratops, I have doubt if they will go that angle. Even more so considering how much of the JP fanbase and dino-nerds don't trust him.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 am

The Stygimoloch, Dracorex and Pachycephalosaurus ontogenetic series theory is pretty much undisputed now. People have tried to argue against it but no reasonable countertheories have been brought forward, mostly people trying to uphold "traditional" taxonomic values.

I'm interested to see how some of the new dinosaurs are portrayed, as I'd assume they've based them on Julius Csotonyi's work for the JW Website, which were very good designs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:02 pm

@dance2nite wrote:

I’m still betting the Dilo will only be the statue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:50 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

Hope not, really want to have at least one scene with one in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:30 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

Same. But after getting teased and trolled all my life I’m simply not giving in to the hype until I see the movie or the director says “it’s in”.

I got burnt real bad by a guy who had seen the movie and said Dilo is in. He forgot to mention that it wasn’t a badass scene out in the wilderness but a hologram. I had a meltdown lol. Almost got banned from JPL over that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

Same. But after getting teased and trolled all my life I’m simply not giving in to the hype until I see the movie or the director says “it’s in”.

I got burnt real bad by a guy who had seen the movie and said Dilo is in. He forgot to mention that it wasn’t a badass scene out in the wilderness but a hologram. I had a meltdown lol. Almost got banned from JPL over that one.

Same here but hoping this Reddit guy who leaked the Dinosaur list back in April which seems to becoming more & more legit every day is right as he mentioned the Spitter returning in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/917511566383308800

CHASMOSAURUS SKULL!

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:30 am

@Sickle_Claw wrote:

CHASMOSAURUS SKULL!

I'm not gonna leap up and down just yet; it could be a museum piece like the teaser image with the Triceratops skull and all the skeletons.

As for other Ceratopsians, would they really go above showing two at a time?? Triceratops getting more screen time is a no brainer but Pachyrhinosaurus would be more visually unique and something we hadn't seen before.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:

CHASMOSAURUS SKULL!

I'm not gonna leap up and down just yet; it could be a museum piece like the teaser image with the Triceratops skull and all the skeletons.

As for other Ceratopsians, would they really go above showing two at a time?? Triceratops getting more screen time is a no brainer but Pachyrhinosaurus would be more visually unique and something we hadn't seen before.

I'm not against adding another Ceratopian per se, but with so little screen time Triceratops has had in the franchise, I think that it should be the sole ceratopian until JP6/JW3 with it getting much more screentime in this movie.

@Lythronax wrote:
The Stygimoloch, Dracorex and Pachycephalosaurus ontogenetic series theory is pretty much undisputed now. People have tried to argue against it but no reasonable countertheories have been brought forward, mostly people trying to uphold "traditional" taxonomic values.

I'm interested to see how some of the new dinosaurs are portrayed, as I'd assume they've based them on Julius Csotonyi's work for the JW Website, which were very good designs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bonehead dinosaurs very rare, let alone fairly complete skeletons? I find that conclusion hard to believe based on so few remains. I just see this as the same as how some thought that Torosaurus was the full grown form of Triceratops, or at least full grown form of male/bull Triceratops.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Updated a the list with a few pictures and new rumored species. The ankylosaurus link is still broken but I assure you there was a photo of an one under a tarp on set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Baryonyx seems to be confirmed for an appearance now.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Jurassic Mainframe's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Review!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassicmainframe.com
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 pm

@Pokesaurus wrote:
Woah now. The plot thickens. I remember a while ago a a list of potential dinosaurs leaking but I guess this plus the set photos of the stygi prove that leaked list might be true. I'm still pretty skeptical tho but man this is some heavy evidence for baryonyx being in the movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 pm

@Pokesaurus wrote:

Now if they can just give me a Dilo in the flesh I would be so happy.

Nonetheless this is extremely exciting. The fans have wanted to see this animal for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Sweet. Love to see what they can do with a Baryonyx!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

@Pokesaurus wrote:

I really like this. I honestly think they will do it justice. Even more so considering how they so royally botched it's 'big brother' in JP3.

The only questions are where was it during JW and is it a Sorna animal?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Pokesaurus wrote:

I really like this. I honestly think they will do it justice. Even more so considering how they so royally botched it's 'big brother' in JP3.

Believe it or not, the Baryonyx was one of the animals featured on the rowboating cruise. So I have two theories as to why they'd be a threat in Fallen Kingdom when they were so docile in JW. I guess they had implants that jolted them if they got too close to people, which would now be defunct. Or maybe they just never went after other dinos because InGen produced a steady supply of fish that has dried up since JW's closure. Hence they're now hungry for red meat! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 pm

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Pokesaurus wrote:

Believe it or not, the Baryonyx was one of the animals featured on the rowboating cruise. So I have two theories as to why they'd be a threat in Fallen Kingdom when they were so docile in JW. I guess they had implants that jolted them if they got too close to people, which would now be defunct. Or maybe they just never went after other dinos because InGen produced a steady supply of fish that has dried up since JW's closure. Hence they're now hungry for red meat! Twisted Evil

So they're basically feral since JW shut down? Cool! And given how Baryonyx was capable of taking down small, fairly small (10-20f t long) dinosaurs, it is more then capable of killing a human. And it wouldn't need it's mouth. One swipe of it's super hand claws would easily disembowel/decapitate a human.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 pm

The only thing I'm concerned with is that the sheer number of new species plus all the old ones might make it to where no dinosaur is present throughout the movie (T.rex in JP and TLW) (Spino and Raptors in JP3) (Indominus and Raptors in JW). Not that it's a bad thing per say, but I like it when one or two dinosaurs are present across the film. But I can say I am excited for all the confirmed new dinos. How many do we even have at this point? It's quite a bit I know that much, but any hard numbers?

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 pm

With Baryonyx confirmed (YES!!! cheers ), this Reddit list from April looks more & more likely to be real, since Stygimoloch got confirmed shortly after (same colour & all), so we can also expect our first film version of the Carnotaurus & the return of the Dilophosaurus in the flesh also :

https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/65hlgr/jurassic_world_2_new_dinosaurs_leak/

So looks like our Dino list is as follows :

T-Rex
Raptor
Indoraptor
Stegosaurus
Apotosaurus
Triceratops
Stygimoloch
Baryonyx
Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Mosasaurus

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 am

@dance2nite wrote:
With Baryonyx confirmed (YES!!! cheers ), this Reddit list from April looks more & more likely to be real, since Stygimoloch got confirmed shortly after (same colour & all), so we can also expect our first film version of the Carnotaurus & the return of the Dilophosaurus in the flesh also :

https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/65hlgr/jurassic_world_2_new_dinosaurs_leak/

T-Rex
Raptor
Indoraptor
Stegosaurus
Apotosaurus
Triceratops
Stygimoloch
Baryonyx
Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Mosasaurus

But according to Neomorph, the guy who leaked the plot synopsis, the Dilophosaurus won't be in the movie since Universal has a bias against it.

Also, if the Carnotaurus is going to be in the movie, then will it be a Sorna animal? Because it has to be since it wasn't on Nublar in JW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:09 am

@Saurillian wrote:
The only thing I'm concerned with is that the sheer number of new species plus all the old ones might make it to where no dinosaur is present throughout the movie (T.rex in JP and TLW) (Spino and Raptors in JP3) (Indominus and Raptors in JW). Not that it's a bad thing per say, but I like it when one or two dinosaurs are present across the film. But I can say I am excited for all the confirmed new dinos. How many do we even have at this point? It's quite a bit I know that much, but any hard numbers?

Well I can't answer your second question but to address the first, I think your concern will come true. FK has a volcano as the driving antagonist and point of urgency, at least until the second half, where the antagonist role will switch over to the humans and Indoraptor(s). Honestly, I like this change of pace, although hopefully Rexy or Blue will be a constant thorn in the side for our characters, even if they aren't the main threat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am

@Saurillian wrote:

Theres two ways they can do this, both of which i think will get explored in the movie

1. Roundup scene ala TLW where you can see the team capturing a lot of different species
2. The auction, you can see a lot of dinosaurs in cages.

Theres your quick and dirty way to see a lot of dinos at once.

dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

T-Rex
Raptor
Indoraptor
Stegosaurus
Apotosaurus
Triceratops
Stygimoloch
Baryonyx
Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Mosasaurus

But according to Neomorph, the guy who leaked the plot synopsis, the Dilophosaurus won't be in the movie since Universal has a bias against it.

Also, if the Carnotaurus is going to be in the movie, then will it be a Sorna animal? Because it has to be since it wasn't on Nublar in JW.

Neomorph told me back in May that it has a statue in Lockwood's manor (which we all know) & that he wasn't sure if it appears in the flesh but since this guys Reddit list I posted is becoming more & more likely to be 100% true I now believe it may make an appearance in the flesh.

Also Jurassic Outpost confirmed Carnotaurus a few months ago to me on Twitter, Jack Horner let it slip to them that it makes an appearance in FK. Not sure whether we will see it on Nublar or Lockwood's Manor though? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 am

@dance2nite wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

T-Rex
Raptor
Indoraptor
Stegosaurus
Apotosaurus
Triceratops
Stygimoloch
Baryonyx
Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Mosasaurus

Neomorph told me back in May that it has a statue in Lockwood's manor (which we all know) & that he wasn't sure if it appears in the flesh but since this guys Reddit list I posted is becoming more & more likely to be 100% true I now believe it may make an appearance in the flesh.

Also Jurassic Outpost confirmed Carnotaurus a few months ago to me on Twitter, Jack Horner let it slip to them that it makes an appearance in FK. Not sure whether we will see it on Nublar or Lockwood's Manor though? scratch

That's the big question about the Carnotaurus. The only place that would make sense is that it would be on Sorna since it wasn't at Nublar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:01 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:

T-Rex
Raptor
Indoraptor
Stegosaurus
Apotosaurus
Triceratops
Stygimoloch
Baryonyx
Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Mosasaurus

That's the big question about the Carnotaurus. The only place that would make sense is that it would be on Sorna since it wasn't at Nublar.

Maybe Wu has created his own Dinosarus at Lockwood's Manor for the auction, since we know he has done so with the Indoraptor, so maybe for the Carnotaurus also?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 am

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Pokesaurus wrote:

Yep

According to the website Metriacanthosaurus was also in the same attraction.

I doubt we’ll see it as well unfortunately.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 am

Maybe we will get quick glimpses of all these animals but then they will have more of a presence in the third film (if they do a mainland plot)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List   

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next