Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 am

The name says it all. Here's my list.

1. The JP3 Spinosaurus getting ret-conned as a Spinosaurus/T. rex hybrid. Doing this would do the following.

A. Explain why it looks so different from the 'modern' Spinosaurus. Unlike all the other JP animals which maintain the basic shape of their real life counterparts, the JP3 Spinosaurus looks too different from the modern/new version.

B. Interconnect the trilogies better. While JW:FK is supposed to ensure that the first 2 sequels are still hard canon, a lot of people still think that it's not the case, or at least being up in the air. By making the JP3 Spino that original super-hybrid, it can be what inspiried Wu/Hoskins to make I. rex and Indoraptor.

C. Explain that one fight. Given how the Moroccan neotype showed that the largest animals Spinosaurus could attack were medium sized dinosaurs (20-30 ft long and 2-3 tons) due to it's being so adapted to aquatic life, ret-conning the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid would solve a lot of this infighting.

D. It would allow modern Spinos. Let's face it. Even without the one fight, the JP3 Spino was still shoved down the throats of the fans and the GA to the point where it wasn't liked by the majority. This ret-con would allow the real Spinos to finally be in the movie.

Here's how I'd do it. I'd have it where the JP3 Spino was made as T. rex/Spino hybrid as the alpha male of the Spinosaurus herd. It was starting to be wiped out by the T. rex population but since it (JP3 Spino) was introduced, it has been recovering. Have a female scientist make it and when Wu finds out, he keeps it to himself and gets the idea for I. rex.


2. The JP3 Raptors. I like the design, but we never got an explanation for why they looked so different. Explain them away as a new batch that was made in case the old ones couldn't live as well.

3. What happened to Lex and Tim after Hammond died. We still don't know what happened after TLW.

4. How much the Bull T. rex's rampage in San Diego cost Ingen. That alone must have cost Ingen hundreds of millions, if not a billion in damages. But we don't know how much.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1230
Points : 2808
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm with you on the JP3 Spino being ret-conned as a Rex/Spino hybrid. It explains why that version was so drastically different from its real life counterpart, and opens the door for a more scientifically accurate version to make an appearance.

I would also like to see the whole "T. rex vision is based on movement" idea ret-conned/explained. It seems to be pretty much ret-conned anyways, but an explanation would be nice.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:03 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm with you on the JP3 Spino being ret-conned as a Rex/Spino hybrid. It explains why that version was so drastically different from its real life counterpart, and opens the door for a more scientifically accurate version to make an appearance.

I would also like to see the whole "T. rex vision is based on movement" idea ret-conned/explained. It seems to be pretty much ret-conned anyways, but an explanation would be nice.

Back in JPL, Dilly said that it already was in JP3, although one could argue that TLW did so to a lesser degree. I'd have that explained as Rexy having a temporary eye disorder or something as a result of her growing so big, so fast.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 63
Points : 1000
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 pm

My headcanon is that the T. rex vision thing was a common scientific viewpoint in the Jurassic Park universe, and hopefully eventually faded out of favour. The fact that Rexy indeed had frog-like vision was just a convenient coincidence.

The everybody dying on the ship part of TLW needs to be explained. I still don't understand how that happened. If it was raptors, where'd they go? If it was the T. rex.... I can't see how that would work.

_______________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3679
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm with you on the JP3 Spino being ret-conned as a Rex/Spino hybrid. It explains why that version was so drastically different from its real life counterpart, and opens the door for a more scientifically accurate version to make an appearance.

I would also like to see the whole "T. rex vision is based on movement" idea ret-conned/explained. It seems to be pretty much ret-conned anyways, but an explanation would be nice.

Back in JPL, Dilly said that it already was in JP3, although one could argue that TLW did so to a lesser degree. I'd have that explained as Rexy having a temporary eye disorder or something as a result of her growing so big, so fast.
And I always argued against the idea of it being retconned. Razz


Ahhhh, them were the days.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm

@TyrannoFan wrote:
The everybody dying on the ship part of TLW needs to be explained. I still don't understand how that happened. If it was raptors, where'd they go? If it was the T. rex.... I can't see how that would work.

Either Spielberg or Koepp said that it was the Bull T. rex in an interview sometime after TLW came out. That being said, I do wish that it was explained better.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3679
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:52 pm

It was in an interview with Koepp, who said it was and always had been the Raptors. Personally, I blame the ending to PC version of the TLW game for starting that rumor, because of the Raptors spotted near the Isla Sorna dock where the SS Venture is.


Things I want explained:
-A blatant confirmation of version numbers.
-A blatant statement that the JP Raptors are genetically modified Deinonychus, not Velociraptor mongoliensis.
-Why Masrani chose Isla Nublar of all places to build Jurassic World.
-What Masrani meant by Hammond entrusting him with his dying wish.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:06 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
It was in an interview with Koepp, who said it was and always had been the Raptors. Personally, I blame the ending to PC version of the TLW game for starting that rumor, because of the Raptors spotted near the Isla Sorna dock where the SS Venture is.


Things I want explained:
-A blatant confirmation of version numbers.
-A blatant statement that the JP Raptors are genetically modified Deinonychus, not Velociraptor mongoliensis.
-Why Masrani chose Isla Nublar of all places to build Jurassic World.
-What Masrani meant by Hammond entrusting him with his dying wish.

I remember Ty saying that it was the Bull T. rex.

I'd rather see the JP raptors ret-conned as Dakotaraptors. After all, the holotype came from the Hell Creek formation, the same that so many T. rex fossils have been found. Not only that, but having the one skeleton being found in Montana, and it would be perfect.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3679
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Oh, sorry, I slipped. Meant to type out Rex.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1537
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm

I want them to announce officially which Raptors died at which point in Jurassic World. I'm convinced Delta got thrown into the fire, Charlie got blown up and Echo got chomped, but I haven't seen an official statement. Everyone seems to argue about it, so it'd be cool if it was cleared up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 32
Points : 959
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Hilliard, OH

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Delta got chomped, Charlie got blown up, and aEcho got the fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 38
Points : 605
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : New South Wales, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 pm

One thing I've always wanted explained was prior to the events of the first film, Why did the costa rican government not get suspicious over Hammond wanting two islands, not just one. We find out Hammond actually has two islands and Site B is where he's actually manufacturing the dinosaurs there and then moving them over to the other island.

Why was no suspicion ever raised about what Hammond was doing. they never questioned him over You've told us your setting up a resort so why do you need two islands?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 pm

@FoxHound4690 wrote:
One thing I've always wanted explained was prior to the events of the first film, Why did the costa rican government not get suspicious over Hammond wanting two islands, not just one. We find out Hammond actually has two islands and Site B is where he's actually manufacturing the dinosaurs there and then moving them over to the other island.

Why was no suspicion ever raised about what Hammond was doing. they never questioned him over You've told us your setting up a resort so why do you need two islands?

That is a little odd. Unlike so many Central American/South American countries, Costa Rica has been a pretty stable country when it comes to politics. It's no 3rd world banana republic. Perhaps Costa Rica just didn't see the need for having any of those islands.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2675
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 pm

One thing I want explained is that raptors were on that boat in TLW.

Maybe this a massive, Massive stretch. But I think it would be cool to learn if they got found in the cleanup effort and were sent back to Sorna. I have no idea how they would explain this and it would probably feel forced in conversation.

Maybe they could refer to the San Diego incident as a "raptors and Rex attack " and when Owen asks about raptors they explain to him raptors were also involved. IDK it's bugged me since a kid.

I also want absolute confirmation. Are there Dilos still alive on Nublar or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:47 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
One thing I want explained is that raptors were on that boat in TLW.

Maybe this a massive, Massive stretch. But I think it would be cool to learn if they got found in the cleanup effort and were sent back to Sorna. I have no idea how they would explain this and it would probably feel forced in conversation.

Maybe they could refer to the San Diego incident as a "raptors and Rex attack " and when Owen asks about raptors they explain to him raptors were also involved. IDK it's bugged me since a kid.

I also want absolute confirmation. Are there Dilos still alive on Nublar or not?

Actually, Spielberg and Koepp both confirmed that it was the Bull T. rex that did them all in. Adding raptors would simply be too much of a stretch. As for Dilos. As far as we know, that one Dilo that whacked Nedry was the only one. But it most likely died off since other then the Gallimimus, their was little else for it to catch and eat. That Rexy may have eaten it as well.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 38
Points : 605
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : New South Wales, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@FoxHound4690 wrote:
One thing I've always wanted explained was prior to the events of the first film, Why did the costa rican government not get suspicious over Hammond wanting two islands, not just one. We find out Hammond actually has two islands and Site B is where he's actually manufacturing the dinosaurs there and then moving them over to the other island.

Why was no suspicion ever raised about what Hammond was doing. they never questioned him over You've told us your setting up a resort so why do you need two islands?

That is a little odd. Unlike so many Central American/South American countries, Costa Rica has been a pretty stable country when it comes to politics. It's no 3rd world banana republic. Perhaps Costa Rica just didn't see the need for having any of those islands.

Yeah I live in Australia so I really don't know anything whatsoever about Costa Rica. but I think Hammond has probably somehow completely pulled the wall over the governments eyes at some point. He might not have even told the government about him wanting two islands he was just a sneak and had his operation setup on site B without them ever knowing. he obviously saw that one island wasn't enough and realised he needed two but he knew the government would get suspicious if he suddenly comes out and says sorry guys i actually need two islands not just one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 38
Points : 605
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : New South Wales, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:07 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I want them to announce officially which Raptors died at which point in Jurassic World. I'm convinced Delta got thrown into the fire, Charlie got blown up and Echo got chomped, but I haven't seen an official statement. Everyone seems to argue about it, so it'd be cool if it was cleared up.


From what I can see, all the raptors die except for Blue. one gets blown up from the military's rocket attack, one gets knocked into a kitchen where an oven explodes or something which kills it, and at the end of the film after the Indominous gets eaten by the giant fish Blue is the only one left standing there and goes running off. so im pretty certain Blue is the only surviving raptor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 am

@FoxHound4690 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@FoxHound4690 wrote:
One thing I've always wanted explained was prior to the events of the first film, Why did the costa rican government not get suspicious over Hammond wanting two islands, not just one. We find out Hammond actually has two islands and Site B is where he's actually manufacturing the dinosaurs there and then moving them over to the other island.

Why was no suspicion ever raised about what Hammond was doing. they never questioned him over You've told us your setting up a resort so why do you need two islands?

That is a little odd. Unlike so many Central American/South American countries, Costa Rica has been a pretty stable country when it comes to politics. It's no 3rd world banana republic. Perhaps Costa Rica just didn't see the need for having any of those islands.

Yeah I live in Australia so I really don't know anything whatsoever about Costa Rica. but I think Hammond has probably somehow completely pulled the wall over the governments eyes at some point. He might not have even told the government about him wanting two islands he was just a sneak and had his operation setup on site B without them ever knowing. he obviously saw that one island wasn't enough and realised he needed two but he knew the government would get suspicious if he suddenly comes out and says sorry guys i actually need two islands not just one.


Except, as I said, the Costa Rican government has always been far more stable so I don't think Hammond could get away with pulling a con. Besides, it would go against his personality in the first two movies.


@FoxHound4690 wrote:
From what I can see, all the raptors die except for Blue. one gets blown up from the military's rocket attack, one gets knocked into a kitchen where an oven explodes or something which kills it, and at the end of the film after the Indominous gets eaten by the giant fish Blue is the only one left standing there and goes running off. so im pretty certain Blue is the only surviving raptor.

Mosasaurus is a reptile closely related to Komodo Dragons and other monitor lizards.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 32
Points : 959
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Hilliard, OH

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:35 pm

In the book, Isla Sornq was the property of a German mining company. It's possible that plot carried over into the films and wasn't brought up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus


Posts : 114
Points : 734
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:31 am

1. I think SS Venture crew dying is actually explained, however guy in the steering wheel room is still one plothole away from being explained fully
2. Explain the JP3 plotholes:
- where did the Spinosaur come from?
- why raptors are different?
- Pteranodons - different than in TLW and locked
- what killed the boatcrew at the beginning? I assume Pteranodons, but explanation would be nice
3. Lots of backstory from Jurassic World was simply put on the viral website. I want to see some real inter-movie connections briefed in the films. Hoskins capturing JP3 pterosaurs? Sure, why not - but say that in the effin' movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 135
Points : 833
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-01-26
Location : MEXICO

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:02 am

What exactly happened to the Brachiosaurus population on Nublar.

_______________
"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:48 pm

@K_Ozz92 wrote:
What exactly happened to the Brachiosaurus population on Nublar.

Hopefully, the second movie should answer if they're still on Nublar or not. Not a perfect answer, but at least it will be a step in the right direction.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 135
Points : 833
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-01-26
Location : MEXICO

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:32 am

How Hoskins and his men re-captured Rexy and how they handled the escape of the 3 fugitive Pteranodon from Sorna.

_______________
"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1537
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:56 am

@K_Ozz92 wrote:
How Hoskins and his men re-captured Rexy and how they handled the escape of the 3 fugitive Pteranodon from Sorna.

I want a prequel solely based on how inGen recaptured all the dinosaurs and rebuilt the park, no matter how unnecessary it is. Would be so cool..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 40
Points : 630
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-08
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:10 pm

I think a novel explaining all of those things would be nice. I don't think they will explore these subjects in the movies at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 1036
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 am

The one big thing that i would like ret-conned is to replace sorna to a different island in jp3. I love how sorna and the dinos looked in the lost world and everything seemed so different in jp 3. So a quick fix is to just make it another island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
The one big thing that i would like ret-conned is to replace sorna to a different island in jp3. I love how sorna and the dinos looked in the lost world and everything seemed so different in jp 3. So a quick fix is to just make it another island.

I'm not against it, but the word Sorna was mentioned quite a few times, so just ret-conning it to be another island would not be that easy.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 1036
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
The one big thing that i would like ret-conned is to replace sorna to a different island in jp3. I love how sorna and the dinos looked in the lost world and everything seemed so different in jp 3. So a quick fix is to just make it another island.

I'm not against it, but the word Sorna was mentioned quite a few times, so just ret-conning it to be another island would not be that easy.
yea it wouldn't make sense but its just a little thing that i wished was changed. They just feel like two different islands in the lost world and jp3. Atleast nublar seems consistent in jw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1230
Points : 2808
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
The one big thing that i would like ret-conned is to replace sorna to a different island in jp3. I love how sorna and the dinos looked in the lost world and everything seemed so different in jp 3. So a quick fix is to just make it another island.

I'm not against it, but the word Sorna was mentioned quite a few times, so just ret-conning it to be another island would not be that easy.
yea it wouldn't make sense but its just a little thing that i wished was changed. They just feel like two different islands in the lost world and jp3. Atleast nublar seems consistent in jw

I think the differences in some of the dinosaurs could be explained away through different types of breeding, including some minor hybridization. It wouldn't shock me at all if Ingen were experimenting with giving some of the dinosaurs different color schemes and whatnot in trying to look for the most marketable designs. And it would make sense that the dinosaurs (including the raptors) of the same design/color scheme branched off into different groups on Sorna.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4459
Points : 5572
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
The one big thing that i would like ret-conned is to replace sorna to a different island in jp3. I love how sorna and the dinos looked in the lost world and everything seemed so different in jp 3. So a quick fix is to just make it another island.

I'm not against it, but the word Sorna was mentioned quite a few times, so just ret-conning it to be another island would not be that easy.
yea it wouldn't make sense but its just a little thing that i wished was changed. They just feel like two different islands in the lost world and jp3. Atleast nublar seems consistent in jw

I think the differences in some of the dinosaurs could be explained away through different types of breeding, including some minor hybridization. It wouldn't shock me at all if Ingen were experimenting with giving some of the dinosaurs different color schemes and whatnot in trying to look for the most marketable designs. And it would make sense that the dinosaurs (including the raptors) of the same design/color scheme branched off into different groups on Sorna.

On of the guys who managed that practical effects said that the JP3 raptors were evolved versions, but nobody knows if that's truly canon or not. I'd love for them to be explained as a new version, myself.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   

Back to top Go down
 
Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic Park (The Novel)
» Best Weird Al Song Tournament! Day 20: Why Does This Always Happen To Me? vs Jurassic Park
» Zax's Jurassic Park Jeep Build. (RC4WD TF2 SWB)
» Things to Do Besides Eat:
» Aishwarya Rai: New Movie

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: