Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trevorrow vs Johnston

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Trevorrow vs Johnston for Jurassic World 3?
Colin Trevorrow
73%
 73% [ 8 ]
Joe Johnston
27%
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:04 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
For all its faults, I have to give JP/// one major credit and that's that it atmospherically was very much a JP film. It's writing was shit, it's pacing was way too fast, it's music was run of the mill, and the acting was mediocre, but the sets were still pretty good and the atmosphere they created still felt like a JP movie. This is something I sadly cannot say of JW. The sets were sterile and the on location jungle just felt... off. Despite filming only an island away, you can tell it's Oahu and not Kauai. Something about it just doesn't feel like Kauai. The jungle genuinely does not feel like Kauai's. It doesn't effect JP because they didn't film any jungle scenes on Oahu, just the Gallimimus stampede in a very open valley. The rest of the movie's on location was Kauai, and you can tell. It's just somehow different from Oahu. Johnston, either because he wanted to keep that continuity, or just because he thought it would be a good idea, understood this and knew what it took to visually make a JP movie, even if he didn't understand how to direct one.

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I still don't understand why Jurassic Park 3's Isla Sorna looks so different. It felt like it was on Nublar rather than Sorna.
That's because most of the on location work was done on Kauai, where they filmed on location for the first movie. Honestly, it's not THAT different. TLW is pretty much 50/50 classic jungle and redwood, and the closer the survivors move into the island interior, the more classic jungle we see. It just SEEMS like a stark difference because there's no redwoods in JP///. However, Cathy's Beach, the ending shot, some parts of the trek were all filmed on Kauai, and the Hunter's Camp, the camp on the ridge, the jungle at the edge of the long grass, and the Worker Village all have classic jungle foliage.

And that’s why I like JP3. It’s such a minor thing that makes a huge difference in my eyes. The atmosphere, the animatronics and Dr Grant make me film at home in a Jurassic Park film. I think the movie has a magic to it that still wasn’t lost on Johnston because of the things he included. Even though the story is basically a complete afterthought.

I like some of his other work for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:39 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@CT-1138 wrote:
For all its faults, I have to give JP/// one major credit and that's that it atmospherically was very much a JP film. It's writing was shit, it's pacing was way too fast, it's music was run of the mill, and the acting was mediocre, but the sets were still pretty good and the atmosphere they created still felt like a JP movie. This is something I sadly cannot say of JW. The sets were sterile and the on location jungle just felt... off. Despite filming only an island away, you can tell it's Oahu and not Kauai. Something about it just doesn't feel like Kauai. The jungle genuinely does not feel like Kauai's. It doesn't effect JP because they didn't film any jungle scenes on Oahu, just the Gallimimus stampede in a very open valley. The rest of the movie's on location was Kauai, and you can tell. It's just somehow different from Oahu. Johnston, either because he wanted to keep that continuity, or just because he thought it would be a good idea, understood this and knew what it took to visually make a JP movie, even if he didn't understand how to direct one.

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I still don't understand why Jurassic Park 3's Isla Sorna looks so different. It felt like it was on Nublar rather than Sorna.
That's because most of the on location work was done on Kauai, where they filmed on location for the first movie. Honestly, it's not THAT different. TLW is pretty much 50/50 classic jungle and redwood, and the closer the survivors move into the island interior, the more classic jungle we see. It just SEEMS like a stark difference because there's no redwoods in JP///. However, Cathy's Beach, the ending shot, some parts of the trek were all filmed on Kauai, and the Hunter's Camp, the camp on the ridge, the jungle at the edge of the long grass, and the Worker Village all have classic jungle foliage.

And that’s why I like JP3. It’s such a minor thing that makes a huge difference in my eyes. The atmosphere, the animatronics and Dr Grant make me film at home in a Jurassic Park film. I think the movie has a magic to it that still wasn’t lost on Johnston because of the things he included. Even though the story is basically a complete afterthought.

I like some of his other work for the same reasons.

Between reading about the good things JP3 did and watching this You Tube vid, I'm only more mad that JP3 was a piece of crap that was made for the sake of Universal getting a JP trilogy. The higher ups only cared about that and not about making JP3 good, or at least respectable.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 am

My Choice? Colin. At least he seems to somewhat pay attention to what the fans want.

While Joe did many things that he was fully aware that fans could hate and he stilll did them while giving this vibe that he was nonchalant about it.

(The Alan Ellie breakup wich cancels the end of JP, the I know T Rex is the icon but let's try as hard as we can to make it look bad and the jabs at a fan favorite character like Malcolm.)

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:48 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
My Choice? Colin. At least he seems to  somewhat pay attention to what the fans want.

While Joe did many things that he was fully aware that fans could hate and he stilll did them while  giving this vibe that he was nonchalant about it.

(The Alan Ellie breakup wich cancels the end of JP, the I know T Rex is the icon but let's try as hard as we can to make it look bad and the jabs at a fan favorite character like Malcolm.)

I swear to god this is a sincere question and is not meant to troll you.

What if Colin says there will be no rematch. But Joe says there will be one if he is the director, and that the Rex will win.

Would that influence you enough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Have you seen The Book of Henry?

Not yet, since here in Italy it comes out in November. I've heard both good and bad words about it.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Have you seen The Book of Henry?

Not yet, since here in Italy it comes out in November. I've heard both good and bad words about it.

That film shows a distinctive style from Trevorrow, imo. The camera work and shot choices as well as the editing. Pretty good in that regard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trevorrow vs Johnston   

Back to top Go down

Trevorrow vs Johnston
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2