Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 891
Points : 1528
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am

As a big film music fan, I love all four scores that have been made for the Jurassic Films. Williams obviously being the most iconic. I was also lucky to go see my favourite composer Michael Giacchino in London a few days ago and he played the Jurassic World suite, which is amazing in my opinion. It got me thinking, who else would produce a great Jurassic Park score?

Jurassic Park (John Willliams)
- Great score, iconic, lots of variety.

The Lost World (John Williams)
- Another great score, much different from the first and nice callbacks.

Jurassic Park 3 (Don Davis) - My least favourite, but still great. Some of the themes such as Tree People are really nice and I like the callback to Journey to the Island with "A Walk in the Park". I also think Don Davis nailed the John Williams sound.

Jurassic World (Michael Giacchino) - Probably one of my favourite recent scores. It sounds nostalgic without repeating old themes and has some great memorable themes that recur throughout the movie.

If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on? Who do you think would nail the Jurassic sound?
Personally, one of my picks would be Bear McCreary. He makes some really good thrilling soundtracks such as 10 Cloverfield Lane and a lot of it reminds me of Williams music if it was modernized.
Another composer who I think would make a pretty good memorable score for Jurassic Park would be Roque Banos (Evil Dead), that score had everything, from emotion, memorable themes, exciting action cues, it's great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2669
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Quote :
If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on?

John Williams!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 891
Points : 1528
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Quote :
If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on?

John Williams!!! Very Happy

I think he's tied up with Star Wars at the moment haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2669
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Quote :
If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on?

John Williams!!! Very Happy

I think he's tied up with Star Wars at the moment haha

I know haha, but you did ask who you’d pick Wink

I’ll sleep on it and give a more reasonable answer.

I’ll throw one out right now. I’m not sure he’d be good for JW but I think Alexandre Desplat could be a solid contender.

The only things off the top of my head I know he did was Godzilla and deathly hallows(both parts). But I know he’s done much more.

I know this is impossible because he’s dead. But I’d love to hear a James Horner score for a Jurassic film. He did an incredible job in ‘The Land before time’. I think he captured some beautiful emotions of wonder and sadness in that score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 801
Points : 1837
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 pm

James Newton Howard would be a nice pick. He made the score for two movies with dinosaurs in it already (Disney's Dinosaur and King Kong), and he also knows how to create the Williams sound, as he showed with Fantastic Beasts

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 891
Points : 1528
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:06 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Quote :
If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on?

John Williams!!! Very Happy

I think he's tied up with Star Wars at the moment haha

I know haha, but you did ask who you’d pick Wink

I’ll sleep on it and give a more reasonable answer.

I’ll throw one out right now. I’m not sure he’d be good for JW but I think Alexandre Desplat could be a solid contender.

The only things off the top of my head I know he did was Godzilla and deathly hallows(both parts). But I know he’s done much more.

I know this is impossible because he’s dead. But I’d love to hear a James Horner score for a Jurassic film. He did an incredible job in ‘The Land before time’. I think he captured some beautiful emotions of wonder and sadness in that score.

Desplat would be cool. Totally agree on Horner. Such a shame he died.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 891
Points : 1528
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:06 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
James Newton Howard would be a nice pick. He made the score for two movies with dinosaurs in it already (Disney's Dinosaur and King Kong), and he also knows how to create the Williams sound, as he showed with Fantastic Beasts

James Newton Howard would be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2669
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:43 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Quote :
If Michael Giacchino was for some reason too busy to score Jurassic world 3, who would you pick to carry it on?

John Williams!!! Very Happy

I think he's tied up with Star Wars at the moment haha

I know haha, but you did ask who you’d pick Wink

I’ll sleep on it and give a more reasonable answer.

I’ll throw one out right now. I’m not sure he’d be good for JW but I think Alexandre Desplat could be a solid contender.

The only things off the top of my head I know he did was Godzilla and deathly hallows(both parts). But I know he’s done much more.

I know this is impossible because he’s dead. But I’d love to hear a James Horner score for a Jurassic film. He did an incredible job in ‘The Land before time’. I think he captured some beautiful emotions of wonder and sadness in that score.

Desplat would be cool. Totally agree on Horner. Such a shame he died.

Thanks man. First celebrity I genuinely cried when I heard died. I’m still trying to think of more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2669
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:45 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
James Newton Howard would be a nice pick. He made the score for two movies with dinosaurs in it already (Disney's Dinosaur and King Kong), and he also knows how to create the Williams sound, as he showed with Fantastic Beasts

James Newton Howard would be great!

I second this. Although I confess I didn’t care for his Fantastic beasts score. The best track was lifted right from Danny Elfman IMO.

Also that’s another person I might like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 891
Points : 1528
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:05 pm

I don't know if you guys watch Family Guy, but the two composers for that show are really good. Walter Murphy and Ron Jones. They sound very Williams. I'm pretty sure they also worked on other Seth MacFarlane productions, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films   

Back to top Go down
 
Composer Alternatives For Jurassic Films
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here!
» Audrey Hepburn films! ♥♥♥
» Jurassic Park (The Novel)
» Genuinely Disturbing Films
» Geoworld Jurassic Hunters: New Prehistoric mammals are on the way to see the light

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: