Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 am

Apparently the Superbowl footage on Sunday will be 90 seconds long, not sure if it's a full trailer together or different spots adding up to 90 seconds?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/solo-a-star-wars-story-kickoff-marketing-super-bowl-1080683
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:05 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Does anyone else remember that leaked look of the indominus rex before the film came out? It was a low res picture of some kind of page that had the indominus rex printed on it? I wonder if the same will happen with the indoraptor?
oh yea i remember the image was like on a birthday party plate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:08 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Does anyone else remember that leaked look of the indominus rex before the film came out? It was a low res picture of some kind of page that had the indominus rex printed on it? I wonder if the same will happen with the indoraptor?

I mean this one:
https://orig00.deviantart.net/2ecb/f/2015/008/b/8/the_indominus_rex___by_sonichedgehog2-d87wdn2.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I mean this one:
https://orig00.deviantart.net/2ecb/f/2015/008/b/8/the_indominus_rex___by_sonichedgehog2-d87wdn2.jpg
oh ok. yea I remember that one. We already got a peek at the indoraptor toy so i wouldn't be surprised to see something like that image happen again but with indoraptor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:39 pm

At this point they might reveal Indoraptor in full in one of the spots. It's not its look is soooo surprising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 pm

So yeah...not linking it here but Uni just mis-stepped by a lot by putting a huge scene for fallen kingdom on a back to school folder somewhere in south america.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 pm

^^^^

Just got shared this on Twitter. I feel like I’m in a time machine and have seen the movie.

Another thing.

I’m not gonna lie, my hype for this film over all has kinda decreased. I’m wondering if it’s really “Bayona’s film” like we’ve been led so strongly to believe or still more of your average summer blockbuster.  The only thing that’s really made me WOW was the baby raptor and the BTS. I feel kind of depressed about it.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Edited. Never mind.

Last edited by Robotpo on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Had to edit Sickle's post about that misstep...let's not talk about it further.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:

I will take my quote away from his post. It says what you deleted XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

I will take my quote away from his post. It says what you deleted XD

Can you PM me about that?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 pm

I didn't think they'd do that. A bit much I reckon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:23 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

It makes you wonder if Universal has bad leak prevention or if the marketing department simply screwed up. I'm saying bad leak prevention because of all the leaks that's been pouring out from Universal. Even more so considering what happened last May.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

It makes you wonder if Universal has bad leak prevention or if the marketing department simply screwed up. I'm saying bad leak prevention because of all the leaks that's been pouring out from Universal. Even more so considering what happened last May.

Yeah. The leak isn't bothering me so much, it's what the leak is about that's really bugging me. I thought they'd strive to make this more grounded. I'm super excited, but I can already see the uproar from fans and critics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm

I mean no disrespect but why can't we discuss it?
It's from the official merch and it's not something that leaked, it's on sale in some country (Argentina, I think) and probably will hit the shelves worldwide pretty soon.
It's spoilerish but it's already on the stores so I think it should be ok to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah. The leak isn't bothering me so much, it's what the leak is about that's really bugging me. I thought they'd strive to make this more grounded. I'm super excited, but I can already see the uproar from fans and critics.

Personally, I still think that we as JP fans would have been better off with a movie that took place between JP3 and JW to fill in most, if not all of the plot holes and connected the OT with this new one, this year and that this movie, with some changes of course, would have been the final one in this new trilogy. I'm still going in with an open mind, but all things considered...my excitement has imploded since the first trailer and the behind the scene look came out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 pm

@brunofernando wrote:
It's from the official merch and it's not something that leaked, it's on sale in some country (Argentina, I think) and probably will hit the shelves worldwide pretty soon.
It's spoilerish but it's already on the stores so I think it should be ok to talk about it.

Might work if someone made a post about it so no spoilers get shown to people who don't want to see it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Personally, I still think that we as JP fans would have been better off with a movie that took place between JP3 and JW to fill in most, if not all of the plot holes and connected the OT with this new one, this year and that this movie, with some changes of course, would have been the final one in this new trilogy. I'm still going in with an open mind, but all things considered...my excitement has imploded since the first trailer and the behind the scene look came out.

I'd like a film like that, but I hate prequels in general. It's never fun when you already know the outcome. The film could still be really amazing. As long as what happens in this leak is done well, it'll be fine. Remember, this is JA Bayona. ALL his past films have been extremely good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
^^^^

Just got shared this on Twitter. I feel like I’m in a time machine and have seen the movie.

Another thing.

I’m not gonna lie, my hype for this film over all has kinda decreased. I’m wondering if it’s really “Bayona’s film” like we’ve been led so strongly to believe or still more of your average summer blockbuster.  The only thing that’s really made me WOW was the baby raptor and the BTS. I feel kind of depressed about it.
well bayonna did say the second half of the film is more up his alley so i wouldnt worry till we see more of how the second half looks in action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:56 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I'd like a film like that, but I hate prequels in general. It's never fun when you already know the outcome. The film could still be really amazing. As long as what happens in this leak is done well, it'll be fine. Remember, this is JA Bayona. ALL his past films have been extremely good.

I haven't seen any of his past movies so J.A. Bayona is a fresh slate for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:59 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I'll say this, don't go into The Orphanage expecting it to scare the living shit out of you, haha. It's a really good, surprisingly emotional film, but it doesn't have tonnes of scares, it's much different than I expected. A Monster Calls is hard to watch, but extremely well-made and The Impossible is amazing. I'd suggest starting with The Impossible if you do watch any of them. I can definitely see the style that carries over from The Impossible Tsunami scene in the stampede scene in FK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 pm

@brunofernando wrote:

So we can discuss it, as long as we're not being too incredibly specific about it.

No hosting of the image whatsoever though. We do kinda have to tread lightly for the time being.

My thoughts on it? Kinda seems like a retread of what we already got, only on a less impressive scale. I'm able to forgive JW for diving headfirst into nostalgia and dino battles simply because it was the first JP film in 14 years and had that "It's finally happening!" vibe going for it. But at this point, after the criticisms that JW faced, I was really hoping for something a little more original and grounded. I echo Rhedo and Troyal's sentiments in saying that my hype isn't exactly at a fever pitch right now, and considering that we're only days away from getting a glut of new footage, that doesn't exactly bode well.

Hopefully my fears turn out to be unjustified.

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:17 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@brunofernando wrote:

So we can discuss it, as long as we're not being too incredibly specific about it.

No hosting of the image whatsoever though. We do kinda have to tread lightly for the time being.

Thanks for making it clear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 pm

It seems the Indoraptor can walk on all fours like the Indominus...and it's seemingly more a small therapod rather than a normal raptor (though he could tell that from the BTS cage thing).

Last edited by Robotpo on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:22 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I'll say this, don't go into The Orphanage expecting it to scare the living shit out of you, haha. It's a really good, surprisingly emotional film, but it doesn't have tonnes of scares, it's much different than I expected. A Monster Calls is hard to watch, but extremely well-made and The Impossible is amazing. I'd suggest starting with The Impossible if you do watch any of them. I can definitely see the style that carries over from The Impossible Tsunami scene in the stampede scene in FK.

A Monster Calls is the only other movie of his I know of. I have to check it out. Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
^^^^

Another thing.

well bayonna did say the second half of the film is more up his alley so i wouldnt worry till we see more of how the second half looks in action.

For me that’s where the movie will either sink or swim. Personally I was more excited about being on the island one more time. But I feel the way they have done it feels so wrong. It looks over the top and bombastic. I was hoping for a little more atmosphere and subtlety than running from a volcano While Rexy comes out to save the day again as a volcano explodes in the background.

Also I think Justice screaming looks mega cringe worthy and terrible.
And from what I know the final act of the film seems like it’s gonna be something pretty familiar.

I’m sorry to be so negative but it’s how I feel. I thought the whole film was gonna be more restrained and intimate. Even on the island. I understand the volcano set piece being big and loud but it looks like they went too far imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
^^^^

Another thing.

For me that’s where the movie will either sink or swim. Personally I was more excited about being on the island one more time. But I feel the way they have done it feels so wrong. It looks over the top and bombastic. I was hoping for a little more atmosphere and subtlety than running from a volcano While Rexy comes out to save the day again as a volcano explodes in the background.

And from what I know the final act of the film seems like it’s gonna be something pretty familiar.

I’m sorry to be so negative but it’s how I feel. I thought the whole film was gonna be more restrained and intimate. Even on the island. I understand the volcano set piece being big and loud but it looks like they went too far imo.
before any of the footage was released, i was excited for the island stuff but after that bts vid im looking foward to the second half more. Im ok with the fight at the end if its just one component of much larger sequence, judging from the bts scene, it looks like a lot will happen at that mansion. Anyone else see that other spoilery merchandise artwork? looks like the rumored water prologue is true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 pm

To me Justice's scream is funny. No regrets.

Being over the top and bombastic are what made Jurassic World super successful. No one expected it to be great as Jurassic Park so the general audience and critics generally liked that it didn't try to be that great. Just dumb fun entertainment.

Do I want more than that? Sure but I've accepted that most films these days are not like in the 1990s or early 2000s.

I do think Fallen Kingdom's second half will be better than the first but I'm still excited to see the first half. Will it just be over the top and bombastic? Probably but for me that won't ruin the film.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:30 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
^^^^

Another thing.

before any of the footage was released, i was excited for the island stuff but after that bts vid im looking foward to the second half more. Im ok with the fight at the end if its just one component of much larger sequence, judging from the bts scene, it looks like a lot will happen at that mansion. Anyone else see that other spoilery merchandise artwork? looks like the rumored water prologue is true.

Can you pm that to me please.

Edit: I’d still like you to show me what you saw if possible. But I just found two images on Twitter.... beware folks, huge spoilers coming from all directions.

Also if anyone is wondering, the reason i retweet spoilers on twitter isn’t to ruin anyone who follows me. It’s a way for me to save the image and go back to the page to check if they get new stuff. I wish Twitter had a spoiler tag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:

Edit: I’d still like you to show me what you saw if possible. But I just found two images on Twitter.... beware folks, huge spoilers coming from all directions.

I've just seen them too and oh boy you aren't kidding.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next