Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie.
Spoiler:
 

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Comparing it to Transformers is insane. They are completely different in quality.

Not really.

It is.

Transformers:
- Bad acting
- Bad cinematography
- Story that doesn't even progress
- No character development at all
- No consistency in the lore
- apect ratio changes mid-scene
- poorly filmed
- No real themes that get resolved
- no proper structure

Fallen Kingdom
- top-notch set-pieces
- great cinematography
- creative directing
- story actually has structure and themes rather than exposition/action
- actually has a level of suspense

To call Fallen Kingdom a bad film is one thing, but to completely disregard it's positives and put it on the same level as Transformers is just wrong. A film isn't just one single aspect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 68
Points : 454
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-11-26
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 pm

The opening alone is better than anything in the Transformers movie. Directing, cinematography, CGI, sound, camera movement, set-piece design, everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie.
Spoiler:
 

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Comparing it to Transformers is insane. They are completely different in quality.

Not really.

It is.

Transformers:
- Bad acting
- Bad cinematography
- Story that doesn't even progress
- No character development at all
- No consistency in the lore
- apect ratio changes mid-scene
- poorly filmed
- No real themes that get resolved
- no proper structure

Fallen Kingdom
- top-notch set-pieces
- great cinematography
- creative directing
- story actually has structure and themes rather than exposition/action
- actually has a level of suspense

To call Fallen Kingdom a bad film is one thing, but to completely disregard it's positives and put it on the same level as Transformers is just wrong. A film isn't just one single aspect.

I didn't mean Transformers as a whole, i enjoy the first film a lot but yeah with the sequels the quality dropped significantly and the lore makes no sense. But frankly that is a problem that FK has too, it's confusing for viewers that there is still no explanantion as for what has happened to Sorna, having to dig through the info on the internet does not cut it and is just weak storytelling.
And sorry but the acting was also bad in some scenes, again expecially the sidecharacters, I really couldn't stand them. Bryce Dallas Howard is also not exactly the most gifted actress.
Great set-pieces yeah but with the volcano there was quite a bit of CGI overload which made the sceness feel a bit too artificial. Which brings me to the next point. The CGI seems to vary between the dinosaur species, while the Indoraptor was very good, the T-rex seems to have no weight when Spoiler
Spoiler:
 
,the Baryonyx animation was also subpar. I don't get how the CGI quality can be so inconsistent. Transformers did this better at least.
I can't help it but FK just felt kinda tired, badly paced, had not needed comedy (which does not match with the more horror like scenes at all) and like rather needed way better writers. The director is pretty good but when the script is basically monster trash there is not much he can do. I'm not saying the movie is a total failure, it has some amazing shots lik the opening which is far and away the best scene or most of the stuff with the Indoraptor but the bad scenes were just REALLY bad and dragged it all the way down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie.
Spoiler:
 

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Comparing it to Transformers is insane. They are completely different in quality.

Not really.

It is.

Transformers:
- Bad acting
- Bad cinematography
- Story that doesn't even progress
- No character development at all
- No consistency in the lore
- apect ratio changes mid-scene
- poorly filmed
- No real themes that get resolved
- no proper structure

Fallen Kingdom
- top-notch set-pieces
- great cinematography
- creative directing
- story actually has structure and themes rather than exposition/action
- actually has a level of suspense

To call Fallen Kingdom a bad film is one thing, but to completely disregard it's positives and put it on the same level as Transformers is just wrong. A film isn't just one single aspect.

I didn't mean Transformers as a whole, i enjoy the first film a lot but yeah with the sequels the quality dropped significantly and the lore makes no sense. But frankly that is a problem that FK has too, it's confusing for viewers that there is still no explanantion as for what has happened to Sorna, having to dig through the info on the internet does not cut it and is just weak storytelling.
And sorry but the acting was also bad in some scenes, again expecially the sidecharacters, I really couldn't stand them. Bryce Dallas Howard is also not exactly the most gifted actress.
Great set-pieces yeah but with the volcano there was quite a bit of CGI overload which made the sceness feel a bit too artificial. Which brings me to the next point. The CGI seems to vary between the dinosaur species, while the Indoraptor was very good, the T-rex seems to have no weight when Spoiler
Spoiler:
 
,the Baryonyx animation was also subpar. I don't get how the CGI quality can be so inconsistent. Transformers did this better at least.
I can't help it but FK just felt kinda tired, badly paced, had not needed comedy (which does not match with the more horror like scenes at all) and like rather needed way better writers. The director is pretty good but when the script is basically monster trash there is not much he can do. I'm not saying the movie is a total failure, it has some amazing shots lik the opening which is far and away the best scene or most of the stuff with the Indoraptor but the bad scenes were just REALLY bad and dragged it all the way down.

Words can't possibly describe how much I disagree. But I'm not gonna try change your opinion. I really can't even put Fallen Kingdom anywhere near the same planet as Transformers, it's just leagues better in every way. Hell, I think Transformers is bad and I wouldn't even put that in the same league as the latest Resident Evil movie because I can actually see the difference. There's a significant difference in quality that I'm surprised some people just neglect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:11 pm

@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Are you really that surprised? It's simply not a very good film (unlike TLW). Sorry but that's how I see it.

I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant
Spoiler:
 

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:25 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:


I see some fans hate it but most that are watching it give solids reviews and loved it so...The problem is the critics, yeah. JW FK is not a bad movie, has some flaws yeah, but overall it's good IMO.

Critics only suck balls of Super Hero movies. I've been saying that for a while.


Maybe next time let's make Blue and Owen with super powers maybe the critics will be better.

That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant explosion? At the end of the original the Rex got distracted from the attacking velociraptor and the survivors used that moment to leave the building.

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:


That's actually one of the problems that I have with the movie. Blue basically has superpowers, I mean the bloodtransfusion from another species is really nonsense and she recovered pretty quickly from the gunshot.

And Owen does not suffocate in an ashcloud and has zero injuries from jumping off a huge cliff.

You're making excuses, the problem isn't the critics but rather the ridiculous screenplay. It only seems like the hardcore fans love it. The IMDB score is also dropping so it's not just the critics.

Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant explosion? At the end of the original the Rex got distracted from the attacking velociraptor and the survivors used that moment to leave the building.

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.

Spoiler:
 

It's not the same thing. First off the
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:38 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:


Lol you let such things influence for if you like a movie?

It's a summer blockbuster... Who cares about such trivial details. Imdb rating lol, the top 200 is full with mediocre movies

Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant explosion? At the end of the original the Rex got distracted from the attacking velociraptor and the survivors used that moment to leave the building.

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.

Spoiler:
 

It's not the same thing. First off the
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:


Well the laws of physics are still valid aren't they? And when things become too outlandish and nonsensical then yes it takes you out of the movie. It being a summer blockbuster is a very bad argument considering that the original was also a blockbuster but didn't have such a terrible script. The level of the Transformers sequels is pretty close with this new entry.

Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant explosion? At the end of the original the Rex got distracted from the attacking velociraptor and the survivors used that moment to leave the building.

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.

Spoiler:
 

It's not the same thing. First off the
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:51 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:


Then you will have problems with a lot of movies. Uhm you should put off your nostalgia goggles, the first movie was not all that special if you take away that it was the first movie with such great effects. Besides, even without comparing, JWFK has a fine script. Can't actually believe you call it terrible.... Did we watch the same movie?

You don't need to be a genius to see that the script has glaring flaws, apparently you have very low standards of you think that this is a fine script. I mean
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

The dialogue in that scene is childish, and to say that Sorna is not relevant is complete nonsense. For most viewers there is another island full of dinosaurs so the whole we have to save the dinos from Nublar and no that new island that Lockwood proposed is not Sorna is again simply bad writing, script class 101

You can't grasp why it's weird that the dinsosaurs show up out of nowhere? Not because it makes sense but rather because the screenplay calls for a repetitive moneyhot that has already been used in the other films. How did Owen not see the Rex coming, it was in the open field.Also why would the dinos try to attack with an exploding and erupting volcano near by, the rex had no reason to go after the Carno and then instad of attacking the humans she just walks away, because the script said she had to basically save them, it just makes no sense.

Spoiler:
 

What giant explosion? At the end of the original the Rex got distracted from the attacking velociraptor and the survivors used that moment to leave the building.

Also using this whole trope in the first film to surprise the audience is one thing but having it again twice here is just lame.

Spoiler:
 

It's not the same thing. First off the
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Yeah and somehow
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

People cherry pick films. You could do the same for JP or even TLW because no film is perfect. Even right now, the heels from JW are still being talked about haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

People cherry pick films. You could do the same for JP or even TLW because no film is perfect. Even right now, the heels from JW are still being talked about haha

Which is a shame, like... really? There are 124 minutes of film and all they can talk about is the heels, and due to that scene the whole film sucks lol

Again, I'm not saying one can't talk about these details. I'm just saying that people use to stick with those details too much and judge an entire movie from that.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times, inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:06 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:07 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

That's fine, I just think that the whole long discussion about that one scene was a bit too much lol

How many times have you seen it?
I personally enjoyed A LOT more the second time around.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:08 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:13 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.

Um even a lot of people that kinda liked FK are pointing out that the writing is lame and that the story is bollocks and makes no sense.
And I have also pointed out more than one reason for why I think FK is only mediocre.
So it's really not that far off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:15 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.

Um even a lot of people that kinda liked FK are pointing out that the writing is lame and that the story is bollocks and makes no sense.
And I have also pointed out more than one reason for why I think FK is only mediocre.
So it's really not that far off.

I never once said the movie didn't have flaws. I said it is in nowhere near the same level as Transformers. Which it isn't. All you need to do is watch the trailers and see that. Bayona's directing alone puts it leagues ahead.

The nitpicks you mentioned don't break the narrative so of course the movie makes sense.


Last edited by Six-Foot Turkey on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

That's fine, I just think that the whole long discussion about that one scene was a bit too much lol

How many times have you seen it?
I personally enjoyed A LOT more the second time around.

I only saw it once and tbh I enjoyed JW more upon second viewing, but with FK I have less desire to see it again that soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm

I think there are flaws, but the good things really overshadow them. And it's not only Bayona. Despite being flawed, some script moments were brilliant (Maisie to me was the most original character since the first JP).

But I think even more that it all depends on how we approach to the movie.
I think for example that if I watched FK without having seen JW, I would have been a bit more disappointed (although still enjoyed it). That's because JW and JP are really different beasts. One shouldn't go expecting a JP sort of film. One should go expecting a JP+JW hybrid, with all the pros and cons of them both, all the style, cliches and kind of characters that we already saw.

Once you know that and you get in the right mood, you will enjoy the hell out of it.

But I think in general anyway it's a fantastic movie. Pity that some can't get the beauty I saw in this movie. But well, people have different opinions.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:25 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

That's fine, I just think that the whole long discussion about that one scene was a bit too much lol

How many times have you seen it?
I personally enjoyed A LOT more the second time around.

I only saw it once and tbh I enjoyed JW more upon second viewing, but with FK I have less desire to see it again that soon.

Please, give it another chance. You will probably like it more. A friend of mine on Twitter wasn't enthusiastic about it, but the second time he liked it much more. Maybe you won't love it, but you will maybe see more good in it.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1533
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

That's fine, I just think that the whole long discussion about that one scene was a bit too much lol

How many times have you seen it?
I personally enjoyed A LOT more the second time around.

I only saw it once and tbh I enjoyed JW more upon second viewing, but with FK I have less desire to see it again that soon.

Please, give it another chance. You will probably like it more. A friend of mine on Twitter wasn't enthusiastic about it, but the second time he liked it much more. Maybe you won't love it, but you will maybe see more good in it.

On my first viewing, the pacing felt lightning fast. Second time it did get better. It's still the biggest issue for me, but second viewing really helped. Like you said, the good outweigh the bad IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:39 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

That's fine, I just think that the whole long discussion about that one scene was a bit too much lol

How many times have you seen it?
I personally enjoyed A LOT more the second time around.

I only saw it once and tbh I enjoyed JW more upon second viewing, but with FK I have less desire to see it again that soon.

Please, give it another chance. You will probably like it more. A friend of mine on Twitter wasn't enthusiastic about it, but the second time he liked it much more. Maybe you won't love it, but you will maybe see more good in it.

On my first viewing, the pacing felt lightning fast. Second time it did get better. It's still the biggest issue for me, but second viewing really helped. Like you said, the good outweigh the bad IMO

I can only hope that it improves. But at his point I'm just bitter about the fact that Colin Trevorrow was actually the wrong guy to renergize the Jurassic franchise. Like I said I actually enjoy JW for the most part but he only overworked the script for it if I'm correct (it was originally written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver who both have writing credits on the new Plant of the Apes films (which were all praised for their technical aspects as well as their scripts, when speaking about blockbusters at least. You would expect that type of quality from something that has Jurassic in the title as well)). He cowrote the script for FK with Derek Connolly who also wrote Kong Skull Island (which is really just stupid b-movie monster shlock) and maybe even worse Monster Trucks (!). These guys shouldn't be attached to this franchise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 806
Points : 1846
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I personally loved the concepts that Colin Trevorrow is bringing to the franchise. I think he's the right guy, and the more I see about this new trilogy, the more I'm like "There could have been no other way to continue this saga".
But yes, maybe Colin should just stick to the main storyline and concepts, while someone like Jaffa and Silver should actually write the script based on that. That would be the perfect combination.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 66
Points : 252
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Can't post links since I'm new but if you check denofgeek (the UK site) then you'll find a very interesting new article. It seems like Colin is taking storybeats from that weird old script where everyone was hoping that they would not use it for a potential JP4.

I'm not sure I really like where this is going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Back to top 
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Quick/Debris[Junk-Doppel]Dandy-Draw
» Koa'ki Meiru Guardian Ruling Against Jinzo
» Deformer Deck (Help)
» Koa'Ki Meiru Deck (Need Help With)
» Dragon Ravine and MST

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: