Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

"So where are they?" Sorkin asked as she drove.
"In my office in the visitor center," Wu told her.
"Excellent."
They drove on until they reached the center. Sorkin and Wu clambered out. Sorkin kept her pistol trained on the back of Wu's head as they walked up the marble steps and pushed open the huge front doors.
Gerry and Jess were in the lobby. Gerry raised his rifle and pointed it at Sorkin. "Let him go Laura."
"Not so fast," Sorkin warned. "One false move and I'll put a bullet in his brain. Step aside; we're just going for a little walk."
"Why are you dong this Laura? What's the point? Even if you make it off this island in one piece, you'll be arrested. And then what will all of this have been for?"
"I said move!" Sorkin snapped. "I will shoot him. Don't think I won't."
Something about the crazed look on her face told Gerry that she would. Slowly, he lowered his rifle.
"Good. Now, drop it."
Scowling, Gerry dropped his gun.
"Now kick it to me."
Gerry gave it a good hearty kick. It slid across the floor toward Sorkin's feet. She picked it up.
"Good. Now don't try anything. If Wu cooperates with me, I'll tell you where Grant and the kids are."
Sorkin and Wu strode past the fuming veterinarian and his daughter. They ascended up the spiraling staircase and headed down a hallway.
They came to the end of the hall. There was a door. Wu swiped his keycard through it. They went inside, and the door closed.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Neither of them noticed an opened air vent that they walked by.

Wu stopped in front of a small wall safe.

"Open it," Sorkin ordered, gesturing with his gun.

Wu nodded weakly and entered the combination. The wall safe popped open, revealing it was full of embryos and journals.

"There," Wu said, stepping aside. "All the proof you need to ruin my reputation and my career."

Sorkin grinned and flipped through one of the journals, which was labeled "INDOMINUS".

"Now where are the hostages?" Wu asked, feeling defeated as Sorkin looked through the contents of the wall safe.

"Oh, they're chilling out in the walk-in freezer in the kitchen," Sorkin answered. "I got what I wanted."

Then, in the darkness of the office, was a clicking sound. Recognizing it, Sorkin spun around and saw a pair of glowing eyes looking back at her. More pairs of eyes appeared in the shadows.

"Oh shit," Wu swore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Sorkin fired her gun in rapid succession. The eyes disappeared for a moment, but came back a second later. A long, terrifying hiss emanated from the darkness.
Sorkin started shoving as much of the contents of Wu's safe into her knapsack as she could. Realizing he had an opening, Wu bolted for the door. With fumbling hands, he unlocked the door and ran out. He looked back. The eyes in the darkness grew brighter and the clicking intensified. Sorkin was running to the door.
Wu's hand hovered over the "close" button. His face was stony as he pressed the button. The door slammed shut. He heard Sorkin shouting, cursing his name. Then the screaming began.
It was horrifying. Covering his ears, Wu ran back down the hall, away from the office. As he rounded the corner, he collided with Harding.
"Henry!" Harding exclaimed. "Are you alright? Where's Sorkin?"
Wu pointed back the way he had come. The screams had died down now.
"Is she dead?" Harding asked.
Wu nodded. "Yes."
Harding's face was grim. "Did she tell you where the kids are?"
Wu nodded again. "In the walk-in freezer."
Harding turned around and dashed down the stairs. Wu followed him more slowly, recollecting upon what he had done.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Grant's breathing was getting slower. He felt like he wanted to sleep, but he knew he couldn't. He needed to protect Tim and Lex. He couldn't fail them.

The kids cuddled with him and Trey for warmth, but it wasn't enough, especially in their current clothes which were meant for humid Costa Rican jungles.

"Someone has to find us, right?" Grant heard Tim ask.

"We'll make it," Grant promised. "We've come this far."

"Dr. Grant, thank you," Lex said weakly, shivering. "For going out of your way to take care of us."

"Stay with me, kids," Grant begged, trying to keep the kids optimistic. "Please..."

Suddenly, the door to the freezer opened up. Grant recognized Dr. Harding, his daughter, Mr. Arnold, Dr. Wu, and...

"Alan!"

Grant smiled. "Ellie..."

The four frozen former hostages were helped out of the freezer. Blankets were wrapped around them to help raise their body temperatures and thaw out.

Wu was using a radio to talk with Hammond and relay the news that his grandchildren were safe and the woman named Sorkin was taken care of.

Harding checked on the baby raptor, which was recovering her strength.

"Are we really taking the baby raptor with us?" Arnold asked.

"It'll die by itself," Harding answered. "Hammond won't mind, since his grandchildren seem to like her."

"When will the helicopters get here?" Grant asked, drinking some hot water that had been given to him, Trey, and the kids.

"Thirty minutes," Harding said, checking his watch. "We just need to pick up Malcolm and Hammond and drive to the landing pad."

Grant gave a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, he jinxed it. Somewhere else in the visitor center, a raptor called out and was answered by several similar calls. Everyone froze in horror, realizing they needed to get out of there fast.

(I'm thinking of a fight between the raptor pack and the Troodon pack)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 pm

The group ran out of the kitchen and to the dining hall.
Suddenly, a snarling velociraptor leapt out from behind the curtains.
"Go back!" Grant shouted and everyone ran back into the kitchen. Arnold closed the door as the raptor leapt, slamming itself into it.
Harding led them to the other side of the kitchen, to another door. He opened it and peeked out. "Coast clear!" He ushered everyone through.
They ran down a long hallway, hearing the snarls of the raptors and the clicking of the Troodon pack echoing around them.
Three Troodon materialized at the end of the hall. Grant opened the nearest door which happened to lead to the basement. Everyone went inside. Wu shut the door.
"Does anyone have a flashlight?" Ellie asked.
Trey produced one from his belt. He flicked it on and scanned the stairwell.
"This is a bad idea," Ellie said. "Those things are attracted to the dark, remember?"
"That's right. But now we have an advantage," Arnold said.
"What?"
Arnold flicked the switch on the wall. The stairwell flooded with light.
The group started making their way down the stairs. "Where are we going?" Tim asked.
"I know these tunnels," Trey said. "I can get us out of here. I can lead us right to the beach."
"Sounds good to me," Wu said.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:57 pm

At the bottom of the stairs, the group walked out of the tunnel and found themselves standing on the beach, looking at the Pacific Ocean.

"Look!" Jess shouted, pointing at a group of animals scampering and kicking in the sand.

"Raptors," Tim realized, remembering what he had seen the previous night, before the Tyrannosaurus had torn through the fence.

The young raptors, who must have been born in the wild, moved back into the shade of the palm trees at the edge of the mangrove swamp, and there they stood, lined up in their peculiar fashion, watching the ocean. They stared fixedly to the south, ignoring the humans.

Then they heard the throb of marine diesels, and through the mist they saw a ship appearing in the south. A large freighter, it slowly moved north. As the freighter passed, all the animals watched it, standing silent except for the occasional chirp or squeak.

Grant stared at the raptors, ranged along the beach in a rigid formation, silently watching the boat. And he suddenly understood what he was looking at.

"Those animals must be desperate to escape from here," Wu said, shaking his head.

"No," Grant said. "They don't want to escape at all."

"They don't?"

"No," Grant said. "They want to migrate."

Suddenly, helicopters burst through the fog, thundering and wheeling over the landscape. The raptors scattered in alarm.

"About time," Trey said, visibly relieved.

"Come on," Grant told the others. "Let's go home."

"I think we should let Clarence go," Lex said, referring to the baby raptor in her arms.

"Clarence?" Wu asked, puzzled.

"I named her," Lex beamed.

"You named her Clarence?"

"Those raptors, they'll adopt her right?" Lex asked. "She'll be much happier free with her own kind than being taken back to the mainland."

"You're right," Grant nodded. "It's time to let her go."

Lex gave the baby raptor a final pat on the head, and released her.

The animal wouldn't leave.

"Go on, shoo!" Lex said. "Go home!"

The raptor turned, and ran off into the foliage. They briefly saw the shadow of an older raptor appear, sniff the baby, and accept her. Them they both vanished.

-

A while later, Malcolm was being carried on a stretcher into a helicopter while the other survivors got on board.

Grant and Hammond walked together, toward the helicopter.

“Dr. Grant, don’t abandon this beautiful place,” Hammond begged. “I need a man just like you to help me get my park back on its feet again. And it will be on its feet again.”

“We have to leave now,” Grant insisted.

Hammond stopped. “Oh you don’t know. There are wonderful plans in the works, sites already purchased for Euro-Jurassic and Jurassic Japan.”

Grant was unimpressed. He held a hand out to Hammond.

“Don’t you see I’ve exalted human potential here?” Hammond asked, trying a new approach. “You must see it. You must feel it. I called back a life form. Listen, Dr. Grant, don’t go. Be a part of this. I’m inviting you to do just that - let the others go, if they want.”

“You interrupted natural law,” Grant told him. “There are regulations, rules that nature follows that make her knowable.”

“You mean there are rules that nature follows that create barriers to our knowledge,” Hammond argued.

“Barriers? Like the seasons? The earth spinning, orbiting the sun? The entire solar system in interlocking motion. Our own beings in biological step with it all. Mr. Hammond, you’ve disrupted the pattern and look what it’s done!”

“I know what it's done,” Hammond acknowledged. “I’ve made Triceratops and Gallimimus and T-Rex. I’ve got a batch of Iguanadons being born on Tuesday. What do you say to that?”

Grant shook his head. “Don’t count on it. Now get in.”

He jumped in the helicopter, holding out a hand to Hammond.

“You created mutant forms that you further mutated to create amusement attractions,” he explained.

“I created genetic miracles!” Hammond insisted.

“You created a park to generate a profit-making merchandising operation,” Grant corrected.

“The merchandise is just a by-product,” Hammond defended. “Souvenirs for people to reflect on the wonder. You fainted when you saw the Apatosaurus. Dr. Grant, look, let’s not argue. The problem is that my employees were not up to par with my dream. Nedry, Sorkin, Wu, Arnold, Muldoon, Regis. They failed me. The park, I promise you, is safe. It really is.”

Grant grabbed Hammond’s arm, started to tug.

“You park is doomed,” he told him. “Now come with me.”

“It is not!” Hammond snapped. “It’s blooming! In the throes of labor! You are just like Malcolm, one more more negative voice in a universe of negativity. You’ll amount to nothing. You’ll be a bone-brusher all your life. I pity you.”

Hammond pulled his arm away and strode away from the helicopter just as the rotors started up. Hammond’s suit whipped in the wind.

“Come back, Mr. Hammond!” Grant called to him, reaching out his arm. “It’s over!”

Hammond kept walking. He disappeared over a grassy knoll.

Grant’s outstretched hand dropped to his side when the attack came.

With a huge bellow, the T-Rex came charging at the helicopter. The pilot screamed for all to board as he started to lift off.

The Rex bit onto the copter skid as the copter tried to escape. The copter angled dangerously as the Rex held on.

Ellie fired a fire-extinguisher into the furious face of the Rex and her jaws relaxed. The copter escaped and started to climb high into the sky. The Rex pawed after it, then drops down to four legs and gave the copter a final swipe with her tail.

The tail swished through the air and cracked against the plexiglass windshield which fissured and popped. The pilot struggled to maintain altitude and manages to keep the craft in the air.

With a roar of its own, the copter broke into the blue sky and soared away, leaving an angry T-Rex alone. Unnoticed by the frustrated Rex, Hammond slipped away and walked into the jungle.

-

Hammond slowly climbed a steep hill covered with creeping growth. He almost reaches the top when he slipped. He fell to the soft ground and rolled. He tumbled helplessly, rolling and spinning down the sharp drop, finally coming to a complete stop at the foot of the hill. His face splashed into shallow tepid water, which gurgled around him and ran up his nose. He was lying face down in a little stream.

As he got to his feet, he felt a sharp pain in his right ankle that brought tears to his eyes. He tested it gingerly: it might be broken. He forced himself to put his full weight on it, gritting his teeth. Yes. Almost certainly broken.

He heard a squeaking, then a chattering sound. Some kind of small birds, hopping in the undergrowth. He'd been hearing small animals all afternoon. There were all kinds of things out here: rats, possums, snakes.

The squeaking got louder, and small bits of earth rolled down the hillside past him. Something was coming. Then he saw a dark green animal hopping down the hill toward him - and another and another.

Compys, he thought with a chill. Scavengers.

The compys didn’t look dangerous. They were about as big as chickens, and they moved up and down with little nervous jerks, like chickens. But he knew they were venomous. Their bites had a slow-acting poison that they used to kill crippled animals.

Crippled animals, he thought, frowning.

The first of the compys perched on the hillside, staring at him. She stayed about five feet away, beyond his reach, and just watched him. Others came down soon after, and they stood in a row. Watching. They hopped up and down and chittered and waved their little clawed hands.

“Shoo! Get away!” he said, and threw a rock.

The compys backed away, but only a foot or two. They weren’t afraid. They seemed to know he couldn’t hurt them.

Hammond tore a branch from a tree and swiped at them with it. The compys dodged, nipped at the leaves, squeaked happily. They seemed to think he was playing a game. He thought again about the venom. He remembered that one of the animal handlers had been bitten by a compy in a cage. The handler had said the poison was like a narcotic-peaceful, dreamy. No pain. You just wanted to go to sleep.

The hell with that. Hammond picked up a rock, aimed carefully, and threw it, striking one compy flat in the chest. The little animal shrieked in alarm as she was knocked backward, and rolled over her tail. The other animals immediately backed away.

Hammond turned away and started to climb the hill. Holding branches in both hands, he hopped on his left leg, feeling the ache in his thigh. He had not gone more than ten feet when one of the compys jumped onto his back. He flung his arms wildly, knocking the animal away, but lost his balance and slid back down the hillside. As he came to a stop, a second compy sprang forward, and took a tiny nip from his hand. He looked with horror, seeing the blood flow over his fingers. He turned and began to scramble up the hillside again.

Another compy lumped onto his shoulder, and he felt a brief pain as she bit the back of his neck. He shrieked and smacked the animal away. He turned to face the animals, breathing hard, and they stood all around him, hopping up and down and cocking their heads, watching him. From the bite on his neck, he felt warmth flow through his shoulders, down his spine.

Lying on his back on the hillside, he began to feel strangely relaxed, detached from himself. Hammond lay very still, as still as a child in its crib, and he felt wonderfully peaceful. When the next compy came up and bit his ankle, he made only a halfhearted effort to kick her away. The little animals edged closer. Soon they were chattering all around him, like excited birds. He raised his head as another compy jumped onto his chest, the animal surprisingly light and delicate. Hammond felt only a slight pain, very slight, as the compy bent to chew his neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Grant sat down next to Wu.
"Hammond stayed?" Wu asked.
Grant nodded his head.
"A pity. I know this island had potential. A few careless mistakes brought it to its knees. At the end of the day though, it wasn't a bad idea. Just could have been executed better."
Grant eyed the geneticist carefully. "You sound like this isn't over."
"Oh, doctor Grant," Wu said. "I imagine it isn't."
The chopper flew away into the rolling clouds...

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Grant looked out the window and glimpsed cearadactyls flying low over the water and soaring into the air with freshly caught fish in their jaws.

He felt somebody hold his hand. Turning away from the window, he saw Ellie smiling at him. He returned the smile.

With the island behind them, it was time to move forward. It was time to go home.

-

The boat that Nima Cruz and Miles Chadwick had been on was later found abandoned on the Costa Rican mainland, having drifted away from Isla Nublar and washed ashore. No signs of life were found on the boat, but three-toed tracks were discovered leading into the nearby jungles.

If there's one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained.

Something very strange then began to happen in the rural regions. Unknown creatures began eating crops like agama beans and soy, foods that were rich in lysine.

Life breaks free. It expands to new territories.

These creatures could not be found. Of course, it would be difficult to search for them in the jungle. A search party could spend years in the Ismaloya mountains, with nothing to show for it.

It crashes through barriers. Painfully, maybe even... dangerously.

Then people began to disappear without a trace during the night. Others reported a strange clicking sound that they could not recognize in the dark... and eyes that glowed in the shadows.

I'm simply saying that life finds a way.

THE END...

Casualties:

David Blanks, killed by Troodon on June 11th
Dennis Nedry, killed by Dilophosaurus on June 11th
Bob, killed by Troodon on June 11th
Miles Chadwick, killed by Troodon on June 11th
Thomas Albert, killed by Velociraptor on June 11th
Nima Cruz, killed by Velociraptor on June 12th
John Harris, killed by Velociraptor on June 12th
Ed Regis, killed by Velociraptor on June 12th
Robert Muldoon, mercy killed by Ellie Sattler on June 12th
Donald Gennaro, killed by Velociraptor on June 12th
Dr. Laura Sorkin, killed by Troodon on June 12th
John Hammond, killed by Compsognathus on June 12th

Survivors:

Alexis “Lex” Murphy
Dr. Alan Grant
Dr. Ellie Sattler
Dr. Gerald “Gerry” Harding
Dr. Henry Wu
Dr. Ian Malcolm
Dr. Lewis Dodgson
Jessica “Jess” Harding
John “Ray” Arnold
Timothy “Tim” Murphy
Trey Roland

Species Encountered:

Apatosaurus excelsus
Baryonyx walkeri
Cearadactylus atrox
Compsognathus triassicus
Dilophosaurus venenifer
Euoplocephalus tutus
Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
Parasaurolophus walkeri
Stegosaurus stenops
Triceratops horridus
Troodon pectinodon
Tyrannosaurus rex
Velociraptor antirrhopus

(So ends our first game! I'll have the sequel out soon!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Can't wait Wink This was good fun. Nice that Arnold got to live for once lol

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Yep. And the Troodon were terrifying in this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:26 pm

The Survivors

Alexis “Lex” Murphy
Dr. Alan Grant
Dr. Ellie Sattler
Dr. Gerald “Gerry” Harding
Dr. Henry Wu
Dr. Ian Malcolm
Dr. Lewis Dodgson
Jessica “Jess” Harding
John “Ray” Arnold
Timothy “Tim” Murphy
Trey Roland

The Newcomers

Biosyn: George Lawala, Raul Lopez, Sonya Durant

Costa Rican Mainland: Atlanta Cruz, Martin “Marty” Gutierrez, Roberta “Bobbie” Carter

InGen: Daniel “D-Caf” Cafaro, Edgar Prather, Garza, Linares, Michael Wolfskin, Oscar Morales, Vargas, William “Billy” Yoder

Other: Sarah Harding

InGen's List

Apatosaurus excelsus
Baryonyx walkeri
Brachiosaurus brancai
Cearadactylus atrox
Ceratosaurus nasicornis
Coelophysis bauri
Compsognathus triassicus
Dilophosaurus venenifer
Dimetrodon grandis
Euoplocephalus tutus
Gallimimus bullatus
Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
Hypsilophodon foxii
Iguanodon bernissartensis
Othnielia rex
Parasaurolophus walkeri
Plesiosaurus dolichodeirus
Pteranodon longiceps
Stegosaurus stenops
Triceratops horridus
Troodon pectinodon
Tylosaurus proriger
Tyrannosaurus rex
Velociraptor antirrhopus

The Return to Isla Nublar: The Chaos Continues

Synopsis: The aftermath of the Isla Nublar Incident. The survivors are being held in Costa Rica for the time being, getting much needed medical treatment and relaxation while their fates are decided. With the death of InGen's CEO John Hammond, the company is vulnerable. Their rivals Biosyn plans on taking advantage of the situation, but InGen won't let them have the island without a fight. Meanwhile, dinosaurs are appearing on the Costa Rican mainland. And while Gerry Harding tries to keep a promise he made, Dr. Henry Wu intends to recover the research he left behind. It's time to return to Isla Nublar...

The tropical rain fell in great drenching sheets, hammering the corrugated roof of the clinic in Bahia Anasco. It was nearly midnight; power had been lost in the storm, and the midwife Elena Morales was working by flashlight when she heard a squeaking, chirping sound. Thinking that it was a rat, she quickly put a compress on the forehead of the mother and went into the next room to check on the newborn baby. As her hand touched the doorknob, she heard the chirping again, and she relaxed. Evidently it was just a bird, flying in the window to get out of the rain. Costa Ricans said that when a bird came to visit a newborn child, it brought good luck.

Elena opened the door. The infant lay in a wicker bassinet, swaddled in a light blanket, only its face exposed. Around the rim of the bassinet, three dark-green lizards crouched like gargoyles.When they saw Elena, they cocked their heads and stared curiously at her, but did not flee. In the light of her flashlight Elena saw the blood dripping from their snouts. Softly chirping, one lizard bent down and, with a quick shake of its head, tore a ragged chunk of flesh from the baby. Elena rushed forward, screaming, and the lizards fled into the darkness. But long before she reached the bassinet, she could see what had happened to the infant's face, and she knew the child must be dead. The lizards scattered into the rainy night, chirping and squealing, leaving behind only bloody three-toed tracks, like birds.

-

The African savannah appeared in shades of fluorescent green, seen through night-vision goggles. An animal yelp came from the left and the green vista swept abruptly toward it. The world blurred momentarily, then came into focus on a field of long grass.

The grass rippled in a complex pattern as animals moved stealthily through it. One animal head popped up above the grass for a split-second, teeth bared, a white stripe between its eyes. Sarah Harding pulled the goggles away from her face.

“Hyenas. Ace Face is the striped snout.”

Sarah is thirty, with a compact, athletic body built for the outdoors. She looked through the goggles again, sweeping ahead of the hyenas to their prey.

It’s a herd of African buffalo, standing belly-deep in the grass, agitated, bellowing and stamping their feet.

Sarah turned to Makena, her African assistant.

“They’ll try to take down a calf. Come on.”

Sarah scurried up and over a rock face. Makena followed. Closer now, they watch as the hyenas rush the herd, running through it, trying to break it up.

“F1 headed south, F2 and F5 flanking, twenty yards,” Sarah said into her pocket recorder. “F3 center. F6 circling wide east. Can’t see F7.”

While she talked, breathless, fascinated by the drama before her, Sarah continued to creep closer and closer to the action. Makena followed, with growing unease.

“F8 circling north. F1 straight through, disrupting. Herd moving, stamping. There’s F7. Straight through. F8 angling through from the north.”

Makena had a hold of Sarah's sweatshirt and tugged her back, at least trying to slow down her progress as Sarah, wide-eyed with fascination, creeped even closer.

Suddenly there was a tremendous bellowing and the grass right in front of them ripped apart, trampled under the feet of the hyenas as they clustered around a fallen buffalo calf. They yelped and jumped, their muzzles bloody.

The adults moved aside, making room as the hyena pups came forward, squealing to get at the kill. Sarah’s eyes shined with excitement and she moved even closer, whispering into the tape recorder.

“Brooding behavior in evidence at the kill site, pups are ushered forward and adults help them eat, pulling flesh away from the carcass and-”

A telephone rang.

Sarah stopped in mid-sentence, unsure if she heard what she thought she heard. It rang again, the unmistakable chirping of a cellular phone. Sarah and Makena both moved at once, pawing at a backpack.

“I thought you turned it off!” Sarah frantically whispered.

Two hyenas looked inquisitively in the direction of the phone. Sarah came up with it and jabbed at a button in irritation.

“Yes?!”

Someone spoke on the other end. Sarah rolled her eyes.

“Dad. This better be important.”

Sarah didn’t say anything for a long moment, just listened as the voice on the other end talked. And talked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Sarah had gotten on the first available flight to Costa Rica.
Arriving at the hospital, she told one of the nurses who she was looking for. The nurse only spoke some English words, but eventually Sarah was able to make her understand.
Sarah followed the nurse down a corridor. The nurse stopped and opened and door. Sarah went in. Her father Gerry Harding was asleep on the bed. Cautiously, Sarah approached his bedside, tears springing into her eyes.
She sat down and carefully took his hand. His eyes opened, and fixed on her. He smiled. Sarah knew she was smiling back.

[...]
Alan Grant woke up in a cold sweat, panting hard. He looked at his surroundings, momentarily confused. He was in a small, white, dark room. Through the window, he could see it was night. He was back in civilization.
He sighed and sank back into his pillow, telling himself he was safe. No more dinosaurs. Yet the ones in his dream had seemed so real...

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:30 pm

"Sarah!" Jess said happily, hugging her older sister.

"It's great to see you," Sarah smiled, hugging back. "I came here as fast as I could. Are you okay?"

Jess nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine... others weren't so lucky." Her smile vanished for a moment, but then quickly returned. "Come on, there's somebody I want you to meet."

Grabbing Sarah's hand, Jess began leading her through the hospital.

-

Ian Malcolm was speaking with somebody on the phone.

"Karen, it's Ian. Can you put Kelly on the phone?"

After a moment of silence, he heard a familiar voice that he missed so much. "Dad?"

Malcolm smiled. "Hey, sweetie. I'm sorry, but it looks like I might be in Costa Rica longer than I thought."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, there was an accident. Luckily, they have great doctors here and I'll try making it home as soon as possible."

"What about gymnastics tryouts?"

"I know I gave you my word that I'd be there and I want to, but-"

"It's okay. You never keep your word anyway."

Malcolm froze, hurt. "I'll make it up to you when I get home. You're going to have to stay with Karen a bit longer, but you're going to have lots of fun. Karen is fantastic. She'll take you horseback riding and to the movies. It'll be a fantastic time."

"Stop saying fantastic. Can't I fly over and visit you?"

Malcolm thought of the governments and companies keeping him here. "Uh, no. That's a bad idea. Now is not a good time. Besides, you have school. I don't want you missing out because of me." Somebody knocked on the door. "Don't worry, things will get better. I have to go now, but I'll call you later. I love you."

"I love you too, Dad. Bye."

The call ended and Malcolm turned to the door. "Come in."

To his surprise, Jess came in with an older, attractive woman.

"Hi, Dr. Malcolm!" Jess greeted cheerfully.

Malcolm smiled. "Jess! What a delightful change from the doctors insisting that I take my pain medication! And who's that?" He pointed to Sarah.

"Dr. Malcolm, this is my sister. Sarah Harding. Sarah, this is Dr. Ian Malcolm."

Malcolm offered his hand and Sarah shook it. "A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Harding. Jess told me a lot about you."

-

Gerry sat up in his hospital bed. He had a visitor that he had personally requested. A Costa Rican girl his daughter's age.

"You must be Atlanta, right?"

The girl nodded. "How do you know my name? Is it about my mother?"

"Yes. I didn't know her for very long, but she told me about you..."

"Where is she?"

Gerry frowned. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 pm

In a bar not far from the hospital, Lewis Dodgson, still recovering from his own injuries, was hunched over a table, talking shrewdly with the local man sat across from him.
"Do you understand everything I've said, Diego?" Dodgson asked.
The Costa Rican gave him a nod.
"Good." Dodgson reached into his pocket. Looking left and right to make sure no one was watching, he pulled a gun out of his pocket and gave it to Diego under the table. Diego took it and quickly concealed it in his own pocket.
"Remember: the Asian guy. Don't screw up. I'll make you rich for life if you pull this off," Dodgson promised.
Diego grunted and stood up from the table. Tipping the brim of his hat over his eyes, he stalked out of the bar.
Dodgson grasped his side, wincing. The pain was still pretty bad. But he couldn't afford to go to the hospital. He didn't want anyone thinking he was involved in what he'd just hired Diego to do...

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 pm

"A pity. I know this island had potential. A few careless mistakes brought it to its knees. At the end of the day though, it wasn't a bad idea. Just could have been executed better."

"You sound like this isn't over."

"Oh, Dr. Grant. I imagine it isn't."

"What's on your mind?" Ellie asked Grant, watching Tim and Lex splash in the swimming pool.

"Huh?"

"You're frowning. Come on, what's wrong?"

"Oh, I just have this feeling," Grant told her.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think this is over. We already got more than we bargained for, but our troubles didn't end when we left the island. Why do you think they're keeping us here?"

"Well, they can't keep us here forever, right?" Ellie pointed out. "Remember that young man from the American Embassy. He explained that Washington was doing everything it could to hasten our departure. But the plain fact is that many people had died in a territorial possession of Costa Rica and that an ecological disaster had been narrowly averted. The government of Costa Rica feels like it had been misled and deceived by John Hammond and his plans for the island. And the fate of the island itself still has to be decided."

Grant nodded. "We already told them everything we know. Do you think they believe that we're keeping something from them?"

Ellie shrugged. "Hopefully we'll be able to go home before winter sets in."

Grant stood up from his chair.

"Where are you going?" Ellie asked.

"To find Wu," Grant answered. "I need to talk to him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Diego stamped up to a nurse. He introduced himself and said he wanted to visit his friend.
The nurse asked him what his friend's name was.
"Henry Wu," he replied.
She led him down the hallway to Henry Wu's room. Diego put his hand in his pocket, grasped the metal hilt of the revolver.
The nurse stopped at a door and knocked. "Who is it?" came a gruff voice from inside.
"A friend to see you," the nurse replied in broken English.
The door opened and Diego froze in surprise. This wasn't the right man. This man was American. He had short black hair and a long-brimmed hat. Diego turned to the nurse, to explain that this was the wrong room, when he caught sight of another man in the back of the room, sitting on the bed. There he was. There was Henry Wu.
"Who are you?" Henry asked, clearly confused.
Diego panicked. He muttered that he’d made a mistake and hurried off. Ducking his head, he hurried out of the hospital.
That hadn’t gone well at all. Diego crossed the street. He’d have to explain to Dodgson what had happened. Dodgson was impatient, shrewd; he wasn’t going to like what Diego would tell him. But what else could he have done? He couldn’t possibly have killed Henry Wu with that other man in the room.
He shook his head. Hopefully, another chance would come soon. To finish the job.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 pm

InGen Headquarters, San Diego

Peter Ludlow sat at his desk, looking through some papers. The board was in chaos and he knew it was only a matter before the lawsuits started heading InGen’s way. Since Hammond, his uncle and the CEO, was MIA, a power grab to fill the vacuum was inevitable. This in-fighting would leave the company vulnerable to InGen’s enemies and ultimately bankruptcy. Not if Ludlow had anything to say about it. He had to act fast, but he if he played his cards right this disaster might not be a total loss.

Somebody knocked on the door.

“Please, come in.”

A man stepped in and sat down in front of Ludlow’s desk. He was an elite InGen commando, a dangerous individual who did the dirty work for the Hammond family. His name was Edgar Prather.

“Thank you for meeting with me, Edgar,” Ludlow nodded. “But let’s get right down to business. We both know what went down on Isla Nublar. Luckily, the survivors were evacuated. Unfortunately, a lot was left behind. Sensitive data, company secrets, valuable technology. It would be a shame to lose it and even a bigger shame if it fell into the hands of our competitors.”

“I get it. We send in a recovery team.”

“Exactly. We need to do this as soon as possible while the opportunity is available. We don’t know what the Costa Rican government will decide to do with the island, so the time for decisive action is now. I already put together a team of mercenaries and veterans.” He handed the papers to Edgar. “I need you to lead them.”

“What about the survivors in Costa Rica?”

“I’ll give Wu a call. He would be an important asset to the operation. I know he would hate to lose the research that he couldn’t take with him.”

“Should I expect any trouble?”

“We still don’t know who Nedry was working for. We have theories, but no proof. But whoever they are, it’s unlikely that they’ve given up and they might try to interfere. If you encounter opposition, do what you do best.”

“And the rest of the board?”

“Too scared to do anything, which is why the company’s fate is in our hands. I trust you to complete the mission, Edgar.”

“And your trust will be rewarded.”

Edgar left and Ludlow went back to work, planning the future of what would soon be his company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 pm

"Who was that?" Grant asked Wu as he closed the door.
"No idea," Wu said, puzzled. "Didn't recognize him at all. 'My friend?' Unlikely."
"Wonder what he was doing here," Grant murmured.
"I can guess." Henry Wu rubbed his chin. "For years, we - and by that I mean InGen - have had a bitter rivalry with another genetics company called BioSyn. You recognize the name Lewis Dodgson?"
Grant shook his head.
"He has something of a bad rep among us geneticists," Wu said. "Mostly due to his menial and sometimes inhumane experiments. There was one time-"
"Yeah, so what's the point?" Grant asked impatiently.
"The point is, InGen is vulnerable. This is BioSyn's chance to jump in and take the spot as the leading genetic company in America. It's even possible ol' Lew might intend to take advantage of recent circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if right now he's concocting some scheme to get ahold of my research."
"And if he does?"
Wu frowned. "We - and by that I mean mostly Hammond - may have made some poor choices. But we weren't stupid. We knew that the cosmic power we possessed had the potential for great destruction. Lewis Dodgson doesn't have that same moral compass. Lewis Dodgson is a dangerous man. I fear what he might do with that power, should he obtain it. It's a fear Hammond harbored for a long time, as well."
"Then what will you do?"
"What can I do?"
Grant suddenly looked upset. "You're not going to do anything?"
"What are you proposing? What is it you want me to do?"
"I don't know. Take responsibility. Stop Dodgson from obtaining your research."
"And how could I possibly-"
At that moment, the phone rang. Wu picked it up.
"Yes?"
Wu's eyes widened.
"Edgar? Why, yes... No, you can come. No, not at all."
He hung up and stared into space for a moment.
"Who was that?" Grant asked.
Wu looked up. "Edgar Prather. InGen op. Worked for Hammond. And he's on his way here."

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 pm

“S-she’s dead?” Atlanta asked in disbelief.

Harding nodded. “I’m so sorry, Atlanta.”

Tears ran down Atlanta’s face. “It’s all my fault…”

“Don’t blame yourself, Atlanta. Of course it’s not yo-”

“Yes it is! She’s dead because of me! She cared more about supporting me than her own damn life and it got her killed! I’m the reason she was on the island! She would still be alive if she didn’t feel obligated to give me a better life!”

“Atlanta, I promise to help you. You don’t have to be alone.”

“I’m sorry. I’m sure you’re a nice guy. But I’m not worth it. Worry about yourself.”

“I can’t do that, Atlanta. I won’t turn my back on you. I understand that you’re hurting. If you need space, that’s okay. But know that I’m here for you.”

Atlanta nodded, wiping away her tears. She smiled weakly. “Thank you.” She then left and Harding sighed.

“I’m not going to give up on you, Atlanta…”

To his surprise, Wu and Grant entered his room.

“Gerry, something just came up,” Wu told him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Wu told him everything he'd just told Grant.
"I think you're right," Harding said when he was finished. "I think Dodgson will try something. What, though... I'm not sure."
"I think it's obvious," Wu said. "If you ask me, he's going to try to get on that island and get my life's work. Then he'll probably repackage it and sell it as his own. That's what he's best at." He muttered the last part with obvious disgust.
"So he has a history with this sort of thing?" Grant asked.
Wu nodded. "He's stolen countless scientists’ work over the years."
"I think we have bigger problems here than stolen research," Harding said. "If Dodgson gets his hands on your data, he could create his own dinosaurs."
"And that would just be scratching the surface," Wu said.
"So, we have to stop him. What should we do?"
Wu grimaced. "You're not going to like it."
Harding frowned at him. "What?"
"I just got a call from Edgar Prather. You remember him? I think you might have met once. Anyway, he's an InGen commando. He's bringing a team and they're going to try to get my research before Dodgson does. I'll probably go with them. They'll need my expertise."
"'Your expertise.' Right," Grant muttered rolling his eyes.
Wu ignored him. "Harding. I want you to come with me."
Harding sat upright in bed. "You're out of your mind. I just got out of that place!”
"I know. But this is important. Just imagine what horrors Dodgson will unleash if he gets his hands on my work!"
"But why do you need me?" Harding demanded.
"You have the most experience with the dinosaurs. You know their behaviors."
"So do you. You made them, for crying out loud."
"Yes, but you've been up close and personal with them. No amount of study can beat that."
"I don't care what you say." Harding was shouting now. "I'm never going back to that island. Not in a million years."
Wu turned sorrowfully to Grant. "I don't suppose you'd be willing...?"
Grant didn't even answer him. He simply left the room.
Wu tried a different angle. "You're under legal obligation to the company-"
"Henry," Harding said, his voice low and ominous. "No. Now get out of here. You go to that island if you want. I'm staying right here."

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:35 pm

"Fine," Wu told Harding. "Perhaps I'll convince your daughter Sarah then, since she's already in the country. I'm sure that she'll love the opportunity and given her expertise in the behavior of predators she would prove very useful."

Harding glared at Wu. "Keep Sarah out of this."

"Your choice, Gerry. Do your job and help the company or relax in a Costa Rican hospital while your daughter stands in for you."

Harding sighed. "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this, but fine... I'll go. On the condition that you leave Sarah alone."

"It's a deal."

The two shake on it.

-

Grant was telling Ellie what Wu had told him.

"We have to go back then!" Ellie told Grant.

"Ellie, are you crazy?" Grant asked her. "I thought you wanted to go back home, to Montana, where the fossils don't try to kill you."

"I do, but we could help," Ellie insisted. "This Dodgson guy needs to be stopped. You saw what happened when Hammond had his hands on the technology to recreate dinosaurs. He wasn't perfect, but he had good intentions. But what if that knowledge comes into the possession of a dangerous man without the good intentions or a moral compass? Think of the destructive power that could be unleashed if we stand by and do nothing. I hate to say it Grant, but I could never live with myself if people get hury because of Hammond's research falling into the wrong hands and I don't want to take that chance. After everything we've been through, I feel like this is our responsibility. And you know Wu could use our help."

Grant sighed. "You're right, Ellie. Let's go tell Wu that we'll be coming along."

Ellie kissed him. "Don't worry, we'll have each other's backs. No seperating this time, okay?"

Grant nodded. "Hopefully this'll be a quick visit to the island if things go our way. In and out."

"Ian would probably disagree with you and rant about unpredictable outcomes."

"Luckily, he's too hurt to come with us."

"Ouch." They both laughed and went to tell Wu their decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Wu was beside himself with gladness.
"Having more big names attached to his operation will help us significantly," he jabbered. "Just imagine. The heroic doctor Grant and doctor Sattler facing the dangers all over again, just to keep the research from falling into the wrong hands. Dodgson doesn't stand a chance."
Grant rolled his eyes. So that was all he cared about. Beating Dodgson at his game, not preventing the man from unleashing nightmares he didn't even want to think of.
"Edgar should be here right away," Wu continued. "We better eat something and then get to the airport."
They ate a quick meal and then jumped in a car and drove to the airport. As they were arriving, Edgar's jet was just pulling up.
They approached the sleek airplane. The door opened and a tall, gray-haired man with a scar running down his cheek peered out. "Ah, you brought some friends. Good."
"Let me introduce you to Edgar Prather," Wu said to Grant and the others. "Old friend of John's."
"Yes. Poor John. I was sorry to hear what happened to him," Edgar said. "Well, get on board. We have a long flight ahead of us."
Grant, Ellie, Harding, and Wu all took their seats. Wu immediately started conversing with Edgar and the other crew. To Grant, they looked like mercenaries.
Grant looked over at Harding. The older man was sweating and looked very unhinged. "I can't believe I'm doing this," he warbled. "I can't believe it... This is insane. What if I never see my daughters again..."
Grant reached out and clutched Ellie's hand. At least he had his loved one here with him. That was both a comfort and a curse.
"Strap yourselves in," Edgar said. "We're leaving."
The jet took off. Edgar, despite his orders to buckle up, hadn't done so himself. He came over and sat next to Harding.
"You're looking a little pale. Don't worry. We'll be in and out in flash. Nothing's gonna happen, I promise." He smiled encouragingly.
"I know what Malcolm would say if he were here," Harding muttered.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 am

“Are they out of their minds?!” Malcolm snapped when he learned where Harding, Grant, and Sattler had gone. “Who would have predicted that the previously sane Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler would decide to go back to Isla Nublar after everything that’s happened there.” He laughed. “That’s chaos theory.”

“I can’t believe he left me again,” Jess said sadly, having been the bearer of bad news. “I thought we could finally spend some time together, but things never seem to work out.” She sighed. “What if he doesn’t come back this time?”

Malcolm suddenly calmed down, remembering his conversation with Kelly and being reminded of it by Jess. “Don’t worry,” Malcolm reassured her. “Your dad’s tough. And smart. He’ll be back in no time. But until then, you get to hang out with your big sister Sarah. You got Tim and Lex to keep you company. And me too.”

Jess smiled. “Thanks, Dr. Malcolm. And maybe when all this is over my dad can come back with us to San Diego.”

“I bet he will. When I’m better I got a lot of lost time to make up for with my daughter Kelly.”

Jess suddenly frowned.

“What is it?” Malcolm asked, frowning.

“My dad told me about a girl who lost her mother on Nublar,” Jess recalled. “Her name was Atlanta. She has it much worse than me. Oh, I hope she’s doing okay. I feel sorry for her.”

-

Diego had failed Dodgson and now the opportunity to take Wu out had passed, since his sources told him that the scientist was now on the move.

But Dodgson didn’t have the time to stay mad about this. He had other plans that needed his involvement at the moment.

Dodgson looked at the files of the mercenaries Howard had hired earlier to get him off of Nublar. They looked like an effective group.

George Lawala, a hunter-for-hire.

Raul Lopez, a paleontologist with radical theories.

Sonya Durant, the only female guide west of Tanganyika.

Dodgson had to give Howard credit for putting together a good team in such a small period of time. And he was confident that they could successfully sneak onto Isla Nublar and get off without being noticed. And if they were found, he knew that they would take the appropriate actions to clean their tracks and leave nothing to associate themselves with Biosyn.

He could no longer afford to worry about Wu. This infiltration mission was the priority. This time he wasn’t going to lose. This time, when InGen is at its weakest, Biosyn will come out on top. The time for action was now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:54 am

The plane flew low over the shimmering surface of the ocean.
"My sources indicate that we have at least a five hour head start on Dodgson," Edgar commented.
"Wonderful," Wu said. "That's more than enough time to get on the island, get my research, and get out. By the time we're gone, Dodgson won't even have arrived yet." He chuckled gleefully to himself.
Grant didn't care if they got the research before Dodgson. Well, he did a little bit. But he cared much more about just getting off this island alive.
"We'll be landing in fifteen minutes," the pilot announced.
"Excellent," Edgar said. "Yoder, Morales. You guys ready to rumble?"
The two men he'd indicated looked up attentively. The younger one, Yoder, was a handsome lad in this thirties with a buzz cut. The older one, Morales, was a buff, beefy, bearded guy with tattoos crisscrossing his burly arms.  
"You bet we are," Yoder said with a wild grin. "Oscar here especially. The guy rumbles just walking down the street." He laughed.
Oscar remained impassive.
"They're experts," Edgar said to Grant, Ellie and Harding. "Best of the bunch. Like Hammond always says, we spared no expense."
"Used to say," Harding reminded him. "He died, remember? On the very same island we're now flying towards?"
Edgar had no reply.
Fifteen minutes later, the plane settled down in a foggy clearing. The mercenaries and Edgar jumped out and immediately began setting up a perimeter. Grant, Ellie, Harding, and Wu looked nervously around.
"We would have landed closer to the visitor center, but there's no room there to," Wu said.
"Great. So we get to trek around in this dense fog?" Grant muttered.
Edgar handed him, Harding, Ellie and Wu some M4s and ammo. "You shouldn't have to use those, but it's better to be safe than sorry," he smiled.
"Hey boss!" Yoder called from across the clearing. "I think we're good to go!"
"Then let's move," Edgar said.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 am

There was a commotion in the hospital. A new patient was being rushed into the emergency room on a stretcher. The patient had a nasty-looking bite on his arm. He was shaking and was screaming in Spanish about creatures with glowing eyes. Dr. Roberta "Bobbie" Carter had never seen anything like it.

-

Sarah Harding was in a local bar, getting a drink. She caught part of a conversation as she passed two men and she heard the mention of Isla Nublar.

"Excuse me, did you say Isla Nublar?" Sarah asked the two men, curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:23 am

"That's right," the first man said. He was a tall, balding man with a hawk nose. His arms were bandaged, and he had another bandage on his cheek. The man he was with was younger, by maybe five years. Handsome, regal.
"We're planning a little expedition to the island," the first man continued.
"But isn't it on lock down by the Costa Rican government?" Sarah asked.
The two men exchanged a glance. "Well, technically speaking, yes. But we think we can get there," the second man said.
"You mean you're going to sneak on?"
"Oh no," the first man said, aghast. "You see, we've been afforded a special privilege. Some very prominent individuals in the government want some firsthand accounts of what exactly happened on the island. You see, we're researchers. We've been following Hammond's work for quite some time now. Now that the park has failed, it would be shame if all that wasted time and effort amounted to nothing. The people of the world deserve to know what happened on that island, don't you think?"
She did think that. "Actually, my father's on his way there right now."
The man widened his eyes. "Is that so? Well, that's quite the coincidence. What is he doing there, if I may ask?"
"I'm not sure. He didn't tell me."
"Just kind of took off, eh? I get that." He chuckled. "So what's your name?"
"Sarah. Yours?"
"Lewis. Lewis... Johnson. And this is my assistance, Howard... uh... Howard Ryan. So what do you do for a living, Sarah?"
"I'm a field biologist. I specialize in African wildlife."
"Oh, so you're like a field researcher? Interesting. Say..." he said, as if the idea had just occurred to him, "you wouldn't be interested in accompanying us to the island, would you? We could really use some professional assistance. As much as we can get."
"Oh... thank you. But I don't think I'm qualified..."
"Not qualified? Nonsense. I'll bet you have more knowledge of wildlife than anyone else in this room. Besides, I'm sure your father would be glad to see you there."
"Actually, I think he would freak."
Lewis guffawed merrily. "Well, I'm sure you know how to handle yourself. So, what do you say, Sarah? Are you in?"

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:39 am

"Why the hell not?" Sarah shrugged, knowing that she couldn't say no to an opportunity like this. "I would love to come along if it's not too much trouble."

"Of course it's not too much trouble," Lewis insisted. He raised his drink. "A toast."

The three put their drinks together.

"When do you leave?" Sarah asked.

"Does now work for you?"

"Uh, sure. Could I just get some of my equipment? It could help document your expedition."

"Great idea," Lewis commented. "We'll meet you at the docks. We'll tell the rest of the team to expect you."

Sarah nodded and ran out of the bar so she wouldn't waste any time.

"Come on, King," Dodgson told his partner once they were alone. "You heard her. Since her father is already heading to the island, our time table has been sped up. We need to leave now."

"But what will we do about Sarah?" King asked.

"I'll take care of it when the time comes," Dodgson promised. "Wasting time is something we can't afford, so let's go."

King nodded and the two left the bar to make the necessary preparations. Hopefully, Diego would have his boat ready soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 am

Grant, Ellie, Harding, Wu, and the mercenaries trekked their way through the dense fog. It was so thick, Grant couldn't see ten feet in front of him.
"How much longer to the visitor center?" Wu asked anxiously.
"About ten minutes," Edgar replied. Edgar's eyes were constantly on the move, trying in vain to take everything in at once.
In the distance, they heard a mournful cry.
"What was that?" Yoder barked.
Grant recognized the cry. He'd heard it just two days ago. Now, what was it...
"Cearadactylus!" he remembered. "They're pterosaurs. Be careful; if one of them dive-bombs you, they can do serious damage."
"Okay. But what's a pterosaur?" Yoder wondered.
"One of the flying ones," Oscar told him. "Didn't you do any research, Billy?"
"Hey, you know me. I'm not the research kind of guy."
"In this case, research can mean the difference between life and death," Ellie told him brusquely. "Actually, apply that to everyday life. You won't regret it."
"Thanks for the tips doc."
They marched onward, keeping their eyes and ears open.
They came to cement. Grant realized they were at the helipad. He had a sudden sense of deja-vu... Had it really only been two days ago when he was last here?...
"Just down this road and we should be at the visitor center," Wu announced.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:06 am

Following the road, they arrived soon at their destination. The visitor center. The doors had been smashed off their hinges, as if something huge had broken through. Walking inside, they were greeted by an eerie silence. The rotunda was a mess, the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner hanging overhead. Grant recognized what looked like dried blood stains on the floor. The skeletons that once towered overhead seemed like they had fallen apart, their parts scattered around the area.

"Remember to stick together," Harding reminded. "And stay away from the dark. Where to first, Wu?"

"My office," Wu explained. "My most sensitive data would be kept there."

He lead them up a staircase and he used his keycard to unlock the door. The group noticed a bloody handprint on the window. Looking around the office, Ellie soon found something that encouraged a horrified gasp from her.

She had found Laura Sorkin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 am

The geneticist had looked better.
She was sitting in a heap on the floor, her back leaned up against the wall. She had bloodied scratch marks all over her body: her face, her arms, her legs, her stomach. Beside her, sat an open medical kit, the contents of which strewn all around the unconscious woman.
"Everyone," Ellie said. "Come look at this."
Everyone came over. Wu let out a feverish gasp.
"Is she alive?" Edgar asked.
Oscar walked over and put his hand to her neck. "There's a pulse," he reported.
Grant leaned in closer. "I don't believe it," he said.
"What?"
"She survived. She fought those things off," he said.
"What things?" Edgar asked.
"Troodon," Wu said. "Like raptors, but smaller and more deadly."
"They have a nasty habit of laying their eggs in the body's of their still-alive victims," Harding murmured.
Yoder, Edgar and Oscar looked at him in shock. "That wasn't in the field guide," Oscar said.
"No. They weren't even supposed to exit. But she kept them alive," Wu said, gesturing to Sorkin.
"What did you mean, she fought them off?" Edgar asked Grant.
"Well, obviously she did. Otherwise she'd be buried in a nest somewhere with eggs in her stomach. It's amazing. I don't think anyone has survived that. Not even Robert Muldoon."
"How'd she do it?"
Grant shrugged. "Wish I knew." He picked up an empty syringe which was lying next to her. "She pumped herself full of morphine. That's why she's asleep. She was able to hold them off long enough and then used the morphine to dull the pain."
"She's losing a lot of blood," Edgar noted. "I doubt she'll live through this."
"Well, we can at least try to save her," Ellie said.
Suddenly, Harding began shouting. "You said she was dead." He was glaring at Wu. Wu appeared stunned.
"I thought-"
"Right, you 'thought.' But you didn't know for sure. You know, something's been puzzling me about what you told me. You managed to escape, but somehow she didn't? How exactly did that happen? Huh?"
"I just... they came out of nowhere and jumped all over her... What was I supposed to do?" Wu asked.
"You sure you didn't just lock her in here?" Harding demanded.
"What? Of course not!"
There was a short pause. Harding's chest was rising and falling. He looked like a bull about to charge. Suddenly, he deflated and sank against the wall.
"I'm sorry," he said, running his hand over his face. "It's the stress... of being back here. Coming in and seeing... this." He motioned to Sorkin's unmoving body.
"It's okay, Gerry," Ellie said. "We're all afraid. It's alright. We'll be out of here in no time." She turned to Wu. "Better get your stuff."
Edgar nodded. "I'll help doctor Sattler patch this girl up. Maybe there's a chance she'll survive. The rest of you, help doctor Wu."

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   

Back to top Go down

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next