Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 807
Points : 1881
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:29 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
After 3 views, I’d say the new stuff was really good, including the remixes old themes. What I wasn’t a fan of was where previous JW music was used, like Mills death flat out reusing the queues for Claire opening Paddock 9 in the previous film. It didn’t quite fit there.
It's the same cue, but there's  an added Organ

I honestly can't wait for a Complete Recordings release. We had to wait maybe a year or so for the Jurassic World one... I'd love to listen to especially the Submarine music, the Claire and Mills talk in Mills' office at the beginning and the part when the dinosaurs break free over Mills' car.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1567
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:29 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
After 3 views, I’d say the new stuff was really good, including the remixes old themes. What I wasn’t a fan of was where previous JW music was used, like Mills death flat out reusing the queues for Claire opening Paddock 9 in the previous film. It didn’t quite fit there.
It's the same cue, but there's  an added Organ

I honestly can't wait for a Complete Recordings release. We had to wait maybe a year or so for the Jurassic World one... I'd love to listen to especially the Submarine music, the Claire and Mills talk in Mills' office at the beginning and the part when the dinosaurs break free over Mills' car.

Same! I really like the swell of music right before the Mosasaurs Silhouette flashes above the submarine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1249
Points : 2857
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 pm

There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 807
Points : 1881
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

These are actually the names of the missing tracks (although I think there might be other ones yet that haven't leaked):

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
CHRIS PRATT IMPROV {not by Giacchino; Composer & Author listed as PRATT, CHRISTOPHER M}
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
DON'T OVERSOLL THE MERCHANDISE
THE REXING CREW
A SIGHT FOR TYRANNOSAUR EYES
THE T-REX TUSSLE
THE GREAT MYTHTAKE {additional Composer listed: WILLIAMS, JOHN T}
EAT YOUR WHEATLEYS AKA A FAREWELL TO ARM
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 1
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 2
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
DARK, THE HERALD FRANKLIN REBOOTS
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS
FALLEN KINGDOM SUITE {Alternate title: END TITLE THEME}

Taken from JWfans (John Williams Fans) forum, which is always reliable for this kind of things.

Of course we only have the titles, not the actual music. Hopefully we'll get them soon.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1567
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

These are actually the names of the missing tracks (although I think there might be other ones yet that haven't leaked):

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
CHRIS PRATT IMPROV {not by Giacchino; Composer & Author listed as PRATT, CHRISTOPHER M}
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
DON'T OVERSOLL THE MERCHANDISE
THE REXING CREW
A SIGHT FOR TYRANNOSAUR EYES
THE T-REX TUSSLE
THE GREAT MYTHTAKE {additional Composer listed: WILLIAMS, JOHN T}
EAT YOUR WHEATLEYS AKA A FAREWELL TO ARM
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 1
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 2
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
DARK, THE HERALD FRANKLIN REBOOTS
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS
FALLEN KINGDOM SUITE {Alternate title: END TITLE THEME}

Taken from JWfans (John Williams Fans) forum, which is always reliable for this kind of things.

Of course we only have the titles, not the actual music. Hopefully we'll get them soon.


Sweet. Who is it that usually releases this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 807
Points : 1881
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:48 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

These are actually the names of the missing tracks (although I think there might be other ones yet that haven't leaked):

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
CHRIS PRATT IMPROV {not by Giacchino; Composer & Author listed as PRATT, CHRISTOPHER M}
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
DON'T OVERSOLL THE MERCHANDISE
THE REXING CREW
A SIGHT FOR TYRANNOSAUR EYES
THE T-REX TUSSLE
THE GREAT MYTHTAKE {additional Composer listed: WILLIAMS, JOHN T}
EAT YOUR WHEATLEYS AKA A FAREWELL TO ARM
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 1
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 2
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
DARK, THE HERALD FRANKLIN REBOOTS
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS
FALLEN KINGDOM SUITE {Alternate title: END TITLE THEME}

Taken from JWfans (John Williams Fans) forum, which is always reliable for this kind of things.

Of course we only have the titles, not the actual music. Hopefully we'll get them soon.


Sweet. Who is it that usually releases this stuff?

I actually don't know, I just see them leaked on that forum, I don't know how they actually get released, sorry.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 667
Points : 1655
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm

I love the score in this film. IMO, it's better than the scores in TLW and JP3. Maybe even JW. Point is, I love the music. The subtle uses of the familiar tunes from JP are utilized perfectly here and really adds to the moment they're playing over. GG Giacchino, GG.

_______________
Have nothing to do with the deeds of darkness
[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1567
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 am

So, I've just seen that Jeremiah Pena's soundtrack for Jurassic World Evolution has been released. I love it! I'm planning on buying it soon. I haven't even played the game, but the soundtrack brings back a really nostalgic feel whilst sounding new and using brand new themes.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 807
Points : 1881
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
So, I've just seen that Jeremiah Pena's soundtrack for Jurassic World Evolution has been released. I love it! I'm planning on buying it soon. I haven't even played the game, but the soundtrack brings back a really nostalgic feel whilst sounding new and using brand new themes.

What do you guys think?

Listening right now to it, sounds really lovely! I just posted a thread about it on the JWEvolution section Smile

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 1567
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:30 pm

I just listened to Fallen Kingdom again during a journey home. I genuinely think this score has been snubbed by many people. Comparing it to all the oscar nominations, Fallen Kingdom is leagues ahead. The mix of the score is incredible. Seriously, Blade Runner got a nomination? Unbelievable. And I know people like to rave about Solo: A Star Wars Story by John Powell, but it's nowhere near as fun to listen to as Fallen Kingdom. Every track in Fallen Kingdom had it's own identity almost. I can immediately recognize a specific track, whereas Solo sort of just all blends together. (I do like Solo btw) I just find John Powell's music a little overhyped.

I mean, have you heard anybody talk about this score since the movie release? I feel like the movies bad rep harmed the scores rep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1249
Points : 2857
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:05 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I mean, have you heard anybody talk about this score since the movie release? I feel like the movies bad rep harmed the scores rep.

I think that happens with a lot of films. You look at the scores that are remembered fondly over time, and pretty much every film that said score is attached to is a classic. That isn't to say that a memorable film can't or shouldn't enhance a score, but considering that the score is an entirely separate entity to the film, it's way too much of a coincidence. Fact is that there are countless phenomenal scores out there that never got the credit they deserved because they happened to be attached to films that didn't stand the test of time.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 807
Points : 1881
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 am

I think we'll never know the choir lyrics during the Fallen Kingdom main/Indorapor theme Laughing

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/1074141202981797889

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1249
Points : 2857
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Yesterday at 10:16 pm

Just listening to the score again right. Even though my opinion of the film isn't overly high, the score is phenomenal.


_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME?
» Joe said "Let's post cheerful thoughts and images."
» Michael and Betty Block Kerikeri
» Achieving my Dream-Meeting Michael Crawford
» Original Michael Crawford mask

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: