Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Empty
PostSubject: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Having already gone once, I'm planning a second trip to the Redwoods for after I graduate college, and I'm thinking of camping this time. There's plenty of camping in the area, so it wouldn't be a problem, but I want to try to find some of the TLW spots I failed to get to the first time, sites such as the Stego encounter location and Big Tree Wayside. Also I just because I freaking love that place so much. I'm also considering driving there, because driving out west to the coast is something I've always thought would be fun to do. I put this map together really quick. It's not zoomable, but it shows the TLW redwoods filming locations in relation to Eureka.
Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods V47xLXw

This time, I want to visit more locations, take better photos (last time I went, I only had my phone, but now I own a DSLR), and all around have a much bigger experience. I had so much fun last time, but I felt like I did too many touristy things, and I went with my parents who unfortunately just can't keep up with me. I just want to go for a week of hiking, and photography. I'm also interested in maybe hearing what you guys might want to see out of this trip. I'm planning on taking tons of photos, so don't hold back any suggestions!

View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm particularly interesting in seeing the game trail from the round-up sequence and how it's aged, but it's your trip - do what you want! Very Happy

Also, planning on any Endor locations? Should be fun regardless!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 5:13 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
I'm particularly interesting in seeing the game trail from the round-up sequence and how it's aged, but it's your trip - do what you want! Very Happy

Also, planning on any Endor locations? Should be fun regardless!
Thanks! I know the Patrick's Point part of the Game Trail looks relatively the same, but I'd like to be able to hunt down the Fieldbrook ranch where the rest of it was filmed. Even if they don't let me on the property, I'm aware that you can still see some of it from the street, and the location is still recognizable.

I have no Endor locations planned. I know some of it was supposedly filmed in the Jedediah Grove, but I'm not sure where, and speeder bike chase is believed to have been filmed a bit further south from where I'll be.

Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Sounds like a good time!

Fun fact: Spielberg was recently in Danville CA (also northern part of the state), apparently doing research on the town's history, especially from a kids' perspective, for an announced project (back in December it was mentioned Amblin TV was working on an original fantasy series from an idea by Spielberg, might be connected to that)?

https://www.godanriver.com/news/local/no-lights-or-cameras-and-the-only-action-was-of/article_b55c2780-6c62-11e9-bf2c-eb040d4537b4.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:41 am

That's really cool! Very Happy I wish you luck to find the other spots, you couldn't find the first time.
The redwoods are my personal favorite location on all those films!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm

@NikoRex wrote:
That's really cool! Very Happy I wish you luck to find the other spots, you couldn't find the first time.
The redwoods are my personal favorite location on all those films!

Thanks! I'm looking through some old threads on the JPtoys forum where somebody found some of the spots, and it's giving me a lot of clues. So that should be helpful!

The Redwoods are my absolute favorite location in the movies too.

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 4:40 pm

I'm back, and something BIG is coming...

Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods CbOcjI2

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 4:32 am

A full TLW fanatic's guide to the Redwoods!

http://jurassic-pedia.com/finding-the-lost-world-a-film-location-showcase/

Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Amazing! You certainly put a lot of effort into this - well done! Very Happy

It's interesting that the game trail has become much more green and vibrant since its dusty TLW days, whereas (fortunately) the Red Woods look pretty much exactly the same!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:09 am

@Robotpo wrote:
Amazing! You certainly put a lot of effort into this - well done! Very Happy

It's interesting that the game trail has become much more green and vibrant since its dusty TLW days, whereas (fortunately) the Red Woods look pretty much exactly the same!
Thanks! Yeah, the fresh spring rains and heavy winter snowfall really did wonders for the condition of Northern California.

NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:18 am

That's really awesome. On some pics I'm getting some great head canon vibes, how this section on Site B would look years after the incident in '97.
Great job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 am

@NikoRex wrote:
That's really awesome. On some pics I'm getting some great head canon vibes, how this section on Site B would look years after the incident in '97.
Great job!  

Thanks, man!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods   Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning a Second Trip to the Redwoods
Page 1 of 1