Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
ERIC!

Oh dear god no Shocked

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:25 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
While constructive criticism is always encouraged, constant negativity about anything (whether it be about this franchise or any movie franchise in general) can turn off any potental new member from wanting to talk about what they enjoy because all they see is it being trashed. That's not fun for anyone regardless of what it's about.

On a forum dedicated to films and franchises, one must be aware that he might see opinions different from his and sometimes expressed in a harsh way (by that, I don't necessarily mean insults or slurs however). Forums are a place of debate among other things, not a safe space. While everyone stays civil, I don't see the problem. Actually, debates can keep a forum active and alive.
You mention that fans of Fallen Kingdom might be scared by someone trashing the film and not participate to the forum but what about the fans of the franchise who didn't like Fallen Kingdom ?

Rhedosaurus might be negative about Fallen Kingdom and the way the franchise is currently handled but he actually brings up some good points. His posts are more than simple hate and unlike many haters that I have ecountered on reddit and other forums, he makes the effort to explain his viewpoint by adding examples and arguments while staying civil. I might not agree with him on every subject but about the aforementioned topics, I share a certain number of his opinions.

As someone who spent the last few years writing a story and putting his best efforts (while knowing it might be not perfect) in it by caring during this task about things like geographical consistency, making believable scenes and situations, world-building and characterization (everything that makes the reader/movie-goer/player believe in the story you are telling or the world in which it is set), the "It's fiction. People shouldn't take that kind of shit seriously" argument irk me. Great works of fiction have a certain thing in common : The fact that their world and characters are believable, even if they belong to genres like Science-fiction or Fantasy.
That kind of thing is why the Battlestar Galactica remake series, The Lord of the Rings, The Witcher games, the original Godzilla and many others are held in such high esteem. Why ? Because their respective creators and most if not all the people involved in their making cared.

Responding to the fans requests by expanding the franchise with new material is one thing, building a consistent universe and delivering stories of good quality is another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Getting back on topic, I do wonder if the quote about the "entire franchise" means that there will be a greater connection to TLW and JP3 in this film. So far the JW films have mostly referred back to the first film while largely ignoring the first two sequels.

ERIC!

Worse yet, Paul and Amanda. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Again, constructive criticism is fine and debates are encouraged. Constantly being negative about everything however (and it goes far beyond the Jurassic discussions) can scare people off, and there have been plenty of people, on the forum and on social media, that have voiced their opinions on the matter. I can take this to PM with you if youd like.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Getting back on topic, I do wonder if the quote about the "entire franchise" means that there will be a greater connection to TLW and JP3 in this film. So far the JW films have mostly referred back to the first film while largely ignoring the first two sequels.

ERIC!

Worse yet, Paul and Amanda. Razz
I hope theyre both in lmao

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 5:45 pm

I have heard some rumors kicking around that Jurassic World may be split into two films as well. While part of me thinks that splitting it into two films could be a bit of a cash grab, another part of me feels that there's just too much ground to cover for one film. I think a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" situation could definitely be in the cards, with one film being released in 2021 and part 2 being released in 2022.

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm

^^ Julianne Moore is an Oscar winner, they'd be lucky to have her. Cool

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I have heard some rumors kicking around that Jurassic World may be split into two films as well. While part of me thinks that splitting it into two films could be a bit of a cash grab, another part of me feels that there's just too much ground to cover for one film. I think a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" situation could definitely be in the cards, with one film being released in 2021 and part 2 being released in 2022.

Personally, I'd rather have a story that takes its time over two films rather than a rushed or underbaked one in a single film. Having said that, let's wait until there's a solid source for this, SW 9 was rumored to be two movies and apparently it's just over two hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have a story that takes its time over two films rather than a rushed or underbaked one in a single film. Having said that, let's wait until there's a solid source for this, SW 9 was rumored to be two movies and apparently it's just over two hours.

Of course this is all just speculation, but I don't think there's any harm in it. It's just difficult for me to see the whole story wrapping up in one film. In universe, dinosaurs going global is the most significant event to have occurred thus far. With so many plot points to cover, and with the scale of these events being upped so much, wrapping it up in one film (especially if it's just 2 hours) would be kind of odd, considering how long it's taken to get here. I mean, let's face it, ever since the first novel, the idea of dinosaurs getting off the islands has been the implied climax of the whole franchise. We've been slowly working our way to this point for the last 30 years or so. It'd be weirds to just see a 'wham-bam-done' ending after all of this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Agreed, especially as (according to rumor), they'll have to make room for not just Owen, Claire, Maise, Wu and Blue but also Grant, Ellie and Malcolm (plus any other returning and new characters as well).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@CT-1138 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?
Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 JvLePAm

View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 am

I do wonder if maybe the reason Trevorrow is being coy about whether or not there will be more than one sequel is because JW3 may be split into two parts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1morey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yes, Trevorrow said JW 3, will make TLW and JP III more relevant to the franchise as a whole, rather than being episodic like they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm

With what Trevorrow said I personally hope that means we're finally learning the ultimate fate of Isla Sorna at least. I'm personally invested in the male T. rex from TLW after all. Heh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I'd hope for more characters from the books as well (namely Levine and Thorne), but I think that boat as sailed...could always recall it from the control room though. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Guitierrez would be a nice addition as well. One of the only characters that made it into both novels.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 12:16 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Guitierrez would be a nice addition as well. One of the only characters that made it into both novels.

I agree here...maybe bring him on as an 'expert' to help the government with the mainland dinos?

Robotpo
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Nobody cares about Ed Regis. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2