Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

Posts : 173
Points : 1225
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 pm

My boss is pretty good about not stocking those items, and is very open to criticism. Funny thing, though, I encountered another bit of racism yesterday when some asshole shoved his way through a crowd of pedestrians shouting racial slurs at asian people. I think it's the same guy who yelled at a disabled man a few weeks ago. People suck.

_______________
Claire Dearing is a Stegoceratops and you can't disprove that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ

Posts : 154
Points : 929
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

Just about a week left of treatments to go, I'm handling it fine mostly. Unfortunately the fatigue is kicking me down a lot. I think it'll take me about a month to feel back to some state of normalcy when I'm finished. Last day for Radiation is October 22nd. I am glad a lot of stuff I was afraid of happening to me as a result of it didn't come to fruition.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 am

Update on the shitty situation I've been in at work. Still not talking with the buddy, although she's been laughing at stupid memes I've been sending her lately. Just sucks because we're in month #2 of not having a full conversation. Also, one of the jackoffs that went around spreading that rumor? Apparently hates having his balls busted in a text message because I sent a joke about him and another woman that everyone was joking with him about and he got super offended.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ

Posts : 154
Points : 929
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 am

As of Monday I am hopefully complete and finished with my radiation treatments. I am relived that they have not been as bad as I feared. Hopefully I can get my MRI done down here instead of driving up to Cleveland or so and my neurosurgeon is happy with the results along with my oncologist.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

Posts : 173
Points : 1225
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 am

My dad came over and I realized too late that there's a huge-ass trans flag on the wall, so that cat is out of the bag.

_______________
Claire Dearing is a Stegoceratops and you can't disprove that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Posts : 923
Points : 3806
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 pm

My bank keeps penalizing me with overdraft fees on top of overdraft fees (this all started because I was short about 2 dollars on a PayPal payment). I'm kinda curious how far they'll keep doing this before they realize that they're not getting any more of my money. At this point, I'm so done with this bank I really hope they take the hint and just close my accounts for me. BMO is a terrible bank, and I've been considering closing my accounts with them for a few years now.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
Océane

Posts : 412
Points : 1970
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:44 pm

@Lord Kristine wrote:
My dad came over and I realized too late that there's a huge-ass trans flag on the wall, so that cat is out of the bag.

Yikes, that sucks. I had to come out to my mom recently, and frankly it hasn't gone all too well for me either. Oh, yeah I guess I haven't come out to y'all on JM. I'm trans lol, uh so yeah Razz

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

Posts : 173
Points : 1225
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 am

@Océane wrote:
@Lord Kristine wrote:
My dad came over and I realized too late that there's a huge-ass trans flag on the wall, so that cat is out of the bag.

Yikes, that sucks. I had to come out to my mom recently, and frankly it hasn't gone all too well for me either. Oh, yeah I guess I haven't come out to y'all on JM. I'm trans lol, uh so yeah Razz

Ur best trash gurl.

_______________
Claire Dearing is a Stegoceratops and you can't disprove that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Update on the best friend situation at work. We still aren't talking and we're almost midway through January. The bullshit that caused this started back in August. I got really concerned a few weeks back when a co-worker we're friends with told me he saw her post something on social media about chalking people out of her life. She still replies to the memes I send her so I guess I'm still on the fence in her life or whatever the hell is going on. So yeah. I'm pretty much not the person I was a few months back. Pretending to be is difficult, though.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

Posts : 173
Points : 1225
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:46 pm

My lizard isn't eating.

_______________
Claire Dearing is a Stegoceratops and you can't disprove that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Posts : 1674
Points : 2784
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
Update on the best friend situation at work. We still aren't talking and we're almost midway through January. The bullshit that caused this started back in August. I got really concerned a few weeks back when a co-worker we're friends with told me he saw her post something on social media about chalking people out of her life. She still replies to the memes I send her so I guess I'm still on the fence in her life or whatever the hell is going on. So yeah. I'm pretty much not the person I was a few months back. Pretending to be is difficult, though.

The fact she’s liking your stuff is a good sign imo. I think if she really wanted to cut you out you’d be down and out by now.

Sorry if I’m getting too personal but have you told her explicitly everything they said was a lie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:52 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
Update on the best friend situation at work. We still aren't talking and we're almost midway through January. The bullshit that caused this started back in August. I got really concerned a few weeks back when a co-worker we're friends with told me he saw her post something on social media about chalking people out of her life. She still replies to the memes I send her so I guess I'm still on the fence in her life or whatever the hell is going on. So yeah. I'm pretty much not the person I was a few months back. Pretending to be is difficult, though.

The fact she’s liking your stuff is a good sign imo. I think if she really wanted to cut you out you’d be down and out by now.

Sorry if I’m getting too personal but have you told her explicitly everything they said was a lie?

Nah it's okay, I vented so it's all out there lol. It's a good sign but it's also hit and miss, there are days where she likes them and there's days where I dont get anything, and yes I told her everything.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard

Posts : 1262
Points : 2937
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Not a big deal, and actually kind of hilarious, but I was suspended from Twitter for telling someone to "learn to code". Unfortunately it hinders my ability to communicate with you wonderful people outside of this forum, but on the plus side, it's given my martyr complex some pretty solid ammunition.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Not a big deal, and actually kind of hilarious, but I was suspended from Twitter for telling someone to "learn to code". Unfortunately it hinders my ability to communicate with you wonderful people outside of this forum, but on the plus side, it's given my martyr complex some pretty solid ammunition.

I read the other day that telling journos that were laid off recently to "learn to code" was considered a violation of the TOS for harassment.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard

Posts : 1262
Points : 2937
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:56 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
I read the other day that telling journos that were laid off recently to "learn to code" was considered a violation of the TOS for harassment.

Yeah, I wanted to test that to see if they would actually go through with it. Sure enough xD

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:57 pm

For those who were following along with my drama at work, I think it's done and over with. Ive been talking with the buddy in text and I spoke with her for about 15 minutes today before we left work today. She's coming over to my building so I'm pretty excited Very Happy

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Posts : 1674
Points : 2784
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
For those who were following along with my drama at work, I think it's done and over with. Ive been talking with the buddy in text and I spoke with her for about 15 minutes today before we left work today. She's coming over to my building so I'm pretty excited Very Happy
holy shit man! Congratulations. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Posts : 1923
Points : 4181
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks! I'll be hanging out with her and some other friends next weekend so we'll see how that goes.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Us (2019).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Posts : 1674
Points : 2784
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 am

My 25th birthday was an absolute dumpster fire. Not because of what happened, more because of what didn’t happen. I’m so sick of “celebrating” it alone every year and my mental health holding me back from planning a party or something. It’s not about ego, but I’d like to have that one special day a year where I actually get to celebrate my birthday. And mostly celebrate the other people that make my life worth living at all instead of staring at a wall all day.

And of course this being the first birthday my grandad and great grandmother aren’t with me... man. It really hurt to know I couldn’t expect a simple phone call from them. It’s amazing how the small things really do matter.

Just a vent from a lonely guy missing his dead family and frustrated at his mental health.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
Tyrant Lizard

Posts : 1262
Points : 2937
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I know a thing or two about spending birthdays alone, and it's never a fun thing.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Posts : 1347
Points : 4214
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 am

Real sorry to hear that man, that always sucks when your birthday isnt fun.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   

Back to top Go down
 
Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Back to top 
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
 Similar topics
-
» Steam Traction World Updates
» Steam Traction World Flickr Photo Gallery
» Dorset Steam Rally
» steam pipe, bolts & washers
» Mamod steam engines

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: