Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1338
Points : 4107
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Sony has officially dated two Spider Man villain Spin offs in 2020

Guessing one is Venom 2, the other is probably Morbius which is scheduled to begin filming soon.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1663
Points : 2674
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:42 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Sony has officially dated two Spider Man villain Spin offs in 2020

Guessing one is Venom 2, the other is probably Morbius which is scheduled to begin filming soon.

Holy crap it looks like Sony could be posed to do even better. If their movies continue to do so well do they even need the MCU?

I was really shocked to see venom kill it. It's a home run
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 259
Points : 1194
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Venom is literally the most popular villain in Spider-man's group. And has been an anti-hero at times so he works for movies. I would wait out 2 actually doing anything and the other movies doing well before saying that. Also, we'll have to see that they don't screw up Spider-man as well. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4457
Points : 5567
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:27 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Sony has officially dated two Spider Man villain Spin offs in 2020

Guessing one is Venom 2, the other is probably Morbius which is scheduled to begin filming soon.

Holy crap it looks like Sony could be posed to do even better. If their movies continue to do so well do they even need the MCU?

I was really shocked to see venom kill it. It's a home run

I see it as more of an anomaly. As Scott implied, Sony has a bad habit of driving Spider-Man into the ground via Spiderman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Not only that, but it's only a matter of time before enough people get over the shlock of Venom and demand better. More so considering how well the MCU juggernaut is doing.

Not only that, but in the case of Spider-Man, it's going to need the MCU far more then the MCU needs Spidy. Now that Marvel/Disney has the X-Men (which includes Deadpool) and the Fantastic 4 back, Marvel now has over 80% of it's characters back. It only lacks Spider-Man and the Hulk movie distribution rights (Universal), but at this point, it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets those back.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1338
Points : 4107
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:07 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Sony has officially dated two Spider Man villain Spin offs in 2020

Guessing one is Venom 2, the other is probably Morbius which is scheduled to begin filming soon.

Holy crap it looks like Sony could be posed to do even better. If their movies continue to do so well do they even need the MCU?

I was really shocked to see venom kill it. It's a home run

I see it as more of an anomaly. As Scott implied, Sony has a bad habit of driving Spider-Man into the ground via Spiderman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Not only that, but it's only a matter of time before enough people get over the shlock of Venom and demand better. More so considering how well the MCU juggernaut is doing.

Not only that, but in the case of Spider-Man, it's going to need the MCU far more then the MCU needs Spidy. Now that Marvel/Disney has the X-Men (which includes Deadpool) and the Fantastic 4 back, Marvel now has over 80% of it's characters back. It only lacks Spider-Man and the Hulk movie distribution rights (Universal), but at this point, it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets those back.

I have a question, people are speculating that the MCU might recast the X men, especially since the most popular mutant (wolverine) seems to have already run his course of his story. However, with the release of the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2, which many consider a test run....is it possible that if Sony makes enough money with their version of Venom, that some deal might not be worked out to have Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU somehow? (like they seem like they might want with Ryan Reynolds Deadpool)

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4457
Points : 5567
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:23 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Sony has officially dated two Spider Man villain Spin offs in 2020

Guessing one is Venom 2, the other is probably Morbius which is scheduled to begin filming soon.

Holy crap it looks like Sony could be posed to do even better. If their movies continue to do so well do they even need the MCU?

I was really shocked to see venom kill it. It's a home run

I see it as more of an anomaly. As Scott implied, Sony has a bad habit of driving Spider-Man into the ground via Spiderman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Not only that, but it's only a matter of time before enough people get over the shlock of Venom and demand better. More so considering how well the MCU juggernaut is doing.

Not only that, but in the case of Spider-Man, it's going to need the MCU far more then the MCU needs Spidy. Now that Marvel/Disney has the X-Men (which includes Deadpool) and the Fantastic 4 back, Marvel now has over 80% of it's characters back. It only lacks Spider-Man and the Hulk movie distribution rights (Universal), but at this point, it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets those back.

I have a question, people are speculating that the MCU might recast the X men, especially since the most popular mutant (wolverine) seems to have already run his course of his story. However, with the release of the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2, which many consider a test run....is it possible that if Sony makes enough money with their version of Venom, that some deal might not be worked out to have Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU somehow? (like they seem like they might want with Ryan Reynolds Deadpool)

No. Kevin Feige has already said that Sony's Spidermanless (so far) Spidyverse is connected to the MCU. Not only that, but he also said that he's open to the possibility of R-rated superhero movies, so it's possible that Deadpool might still be R-rated. And need I mention the still ongoing rivalry between him and Avi Arad? All Kevin Feige needs to do is to wait until Sony's recent Spidyverse goes down in flames, and quite possibly Sony Pictures as a whole, and they will come crawling back to him.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1836
Points : 3974
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 328
Points : 950
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm not really into super heroes, but the Shang-Chi movie featuring an Asian cast sounds fun to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4457
Points : 5567
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:

I thought that this trailer was just...meh. Just there.

To be honest. I just think that this movie might be the MCU's first major disappointment.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1836
Points : 3974
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 pm

I doubt it. The same people said the same thing about GOTG and Ant-Man and look what happened.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4457
Points : 5567
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:31 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
I doubt it. The same people said the same thing about GOTG and Ant-Man and look what happened.

None of those properties were so thoroughly destroyed in the comics recently. Carol Danvers was. They only undid all that a few months ago only because of the fact that this movie came out. Not only that, but Brie Larson looks stiff. I have never seen anybody in a MCU movie look so miscast.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1836
Points : 3974
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 pm

In terms of the films, nobody expected GOTG and Ant-Man to do well. I'm not talking about the comics because they're irrelevant to what happens in terms of reception in film.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4457
Points : 5567
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:03 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
In terms of the films, nobody expected GOTG and Ant-Man to do well. I'm not talking about the comics because they're irrelevant to what happens in terms of reception in film.

Not true. If the MCU movies weren't faithful to the characters in the comics, then I guarantee you that they wouldn't be so popular/doing so well.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 259
Points : 1194
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 am



"We're in the End Game now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1836
Points : 3974
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Marvel Comics Thread
Back to top 
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
 Similar topics
-
» Disney Bans Non US Originated Marvel Comics
» Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!
» Favourite Non-Marvel or DC American Comics Character
» Marvel UK 1970s free gift - painted?
» The Captain Britain Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: