Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

This is gonna sound kinda conspiracy like, but you know Lucas hand picked Kennedy, right? I wonder if he picked her knowing she doesn't make the best decisions with franchises and knew she'd fuck up SW, wanting to sabotage the franchise as final act of spite to the fans that spat on him. Lucas despised the corporate Hollywood system, reluctantly working with Fox only out of necessity. However, Kathleen Kennedy is kinda the epitome of corporate Hollywood, always sticking her spoon in the soup when its not wanted and mucking things up when she does. The exact kind of system Lucas wanted to work outside of.

Robotpo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 pm

I honestly think he went with the first convenient person he could find, and Kennedy was a trusted right-hand woman for Spielberg and Amblin for years.

Remember Lucas also sold his treatments for the sequel trilogy along with his company...he couldn't have known they'd throw out his ideas, that JJ Abrams would undo everything that had happened in the OT in Episode 7, that Rian Johnson would undo everything JJ Abrams had set up in Episode 8, that Solo would change directors mid-stream, and so on.

I actually suspect that the franchise can rebound with the Weiss and Benioff movies (assuming Kennedy is gone or has a limited role).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:03 pm

Darth Vader Is The Biggest Force User, Lightsaber Dueler in Star Wars
https://411mania.com/movies/darth-vader-is-the-biggest-force-user-lightsaber-dueler-in-star-wars/

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:19 pm

According to this, Star Wars has lost over $3.7 billion of it's total value all because of Kathleen Kennedy.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:11 pm

So she did the same thing to SW that she previously did the JP...I'm shocked, shocked I say!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:13 pm

I don't think he chose her just to see his life's accomplishments flame out. He spent 40 years and his first marriage building that franchise and lucasfilm ltd. It is more like he thought having someone he knew since 1980 on the inside would help keep his foot in the door on the creative process. Or keep his vision alive. She didn't. I also don't think he wanted to see his friend just get absolutely crushed. Maybe Spielberg advised him to pick her and lucas trusted him implicitly.

Might I add that Lucas is still working on Indiana Jones 5 and KK is also still attached.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 pm

I actually read here that Lucas is not involved in Indy 5, he's totally retired apparently.

Also, according to this the Rian Johnson trilogy is still going forward, despite TLJ having horribly disappointed and fragmented so much of the fan base. Kathy just doesn't learn...

That said, IMO SW may not "die" necessarily, I just think we're in a for a long slog with the watered-down Disney/Kennedy version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 pm

The thing that Lucas did that made SW so successful was he took risks. He pushed the boundaries of effects, sound, and camera work. Hell, I'd say he pushed the boundaries of model work. Kennedy, as a lifelong producer, doesn't understand taking risks and pushing boundaries. As a producer, her first and foremost job is to make money. To just about any producer out there the idea of taking risks means chancing money on something that could fail. Lucas was a great director as well as businessman. He understood what he wanted, and got the money to do it one way or another. Kennedy doesn't see the potential in risking money, only the drawbacks. That's why LFL under Kennedy has been so watered down. Arguably, the one time they didn't play it safe with a story that wasn't 100% guaranteed to make money was with TLJ, and see where that got them. A lot of money from a dissatisfied fanbase.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm

You know what Disney and Star Wars reminds me of? How Universal brought the JP rights without knowing what to truly do.

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Star Wars movie franchise is in larger trouble then we thought.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a55892/young-han-solo-star-wars-9-problems/?src=socialflowTW

Lucasfilm isn't happy with Alden Ehrenreich's performance as Han Solo.

Max Landis says that Lucasfilm didn't have a real plan after The Force Awakens.

If all this is true, then I guess that Fox is now my new choice as to which studio I want to get the JP franchise rights after JP6/JW3. WB would be my other choice, but that only if the deal with AT&T is done, since it would cure WB's debt.

In both cases, they wanted something and didn't quite know what to do with it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:07 pm

It looks like George Lucas is coming back to fix Luke in SW9.

Good ol' George is coming home!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29