Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Recent Acquisitions Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
1morey
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 193
Points : 1189
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Some of the JWFK merchandise I got.

EDIT: Added LEGO sets.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Points : 3967
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Got one of the Matchbox 5 packs today
https://twitter.com/RavensMike/status/988814279389470723

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1004
Points : 3011
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm

I've bought...way too much. Currently I haven't bought any of the matchbox stuff or minis, but I've bought most of the Legacy line, all of the Walmart Battle Damaged Dinosaurs minus the Colossal Rex, all the Attack Packs, the Indoraptor, the Mosasaur, and the Thrash and Throw Rex. None of the vehicles have popped up around me at all, except the Gyrosphere blast one which I'm not super into getting yet.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm

This is the first Carnotaurus to ever be in my collection, and I think I made a great choice. This is a lot better than the Kenner ones. It's amazing, in fact! But, I think I'm going to give my wallet some time to rest and recuperate now.


_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Nice add, the Carnotaurus is fantastic! It's my first too, I didn't have a Carnotaurus in my collection.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:12 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Nice add, the Carnotaurus is fantastic! It's my first too, I didn't have a Carnotaurus in my collection.
I'm using the Mattel toys as an opportunity to get what I didn't really care to get before. I never cared for the Kenner JPs1 Triceratops, and didn't like the lack of articulation with the Kenner JP Demon. And TLW's Bone Breaker was just way too funny looking for my tastes. This, though. This is perfect. It's screen accurate, with a nice sense towards scientific accuracy. You can actually bend the arms back towards the back and make it looks just like the animal from the fossil record!


Plus, it's just a lot of fun to play with. Cool


Also, I thought I'd post EVERYTHING I've got so far. Like I said, I've been using Mattel to pick up things I'd never had in my collection previously. I've skipped out on Grant and Ellie, but did grab Muldoon. I'm debating if I should get the JW styled Stego, or be content with my TLW one. I also still have yet to pick up the Super Colossal T. rex. It's not in the budget until the start of next month.


_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1225
Points : 2794
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Damn, that is one fine looking collection.

Quick, someone post a pic of their Hasbro toys (assuming they aren't all broken) for comparison Laughing

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Damn, that is one fine looking collection.

Quick, someone post a pic of their Hasbro toys (assuming they aren't all broken) for comparison Laughing
I actually dumped most of my Hasbro stuff at Goodwill. I had no want or need of it.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Damn, that is one fine looking collection.

Quick, someone post a pic of their Hasbro toys (assuming they aren't all broken) for comparison Laughing


I actually posted a pic of my Trash N' Throw Rexy with Hasbro's T.rex for comparasion some pages back... Laughing

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4452
Points : 5556
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Damn, that is one fine looking collection.

Quick, someone post a pic of their Hasbro toys (assuming they aren't all broken) for comparison Laughing
I actually dumped most of my Hasbro stuff at Goodwill. I had no want or need of it.

You should have tried to sell them on Ebay/Amazon and get something out of them instead.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 583
Points : 3112
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm

The most dangerous creature that ever walked the Earth.
Spoiler:
 

_______________

"A creature of the future, built with pieces of the past!"
"This is the most dangerous creature that ever walked the Earth!"
"That thing cannot leave this building."
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://natsukis.meme.bakery
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Points : 3967
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Finally started my JP POP collection Very Happy

http://i63.tinypic.com/20u34vs.png

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:05 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@CT-1138 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Damn, that is one fine looking collection.

Quick, someone post a pic of their Hasbro toys (assuming they aren't all broken) for comparison Laughing
I actually dumped most of my Hasbro stuff at Goodwill. I had no want or need of it.

You should have tried to sell them on Ebay/Amazon and get something out of them instead.
I didn't want to surrender to feebay.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4452
Points : 5556
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm

I got my Super Colossal T. rex yesterday and I put it together downstairs this morning. All I can say is that I'm impressed about...EVERYTHING! It's size, detail, and of amount of high quality. This is Mattel's masterpiece when it comes to JW:FK toys. This is equal to the Kenner T. rexes I have. And this might even surpass them.





_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Here's my latest scores:



_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1225
Points : 2794
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 pm

I was thinking about buying the Thrash N Throw Rex, but it's $70 here in Canada, and being dirt poor, I can't justify spending that kind of cash Sad

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1225
Points : 2794
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 19, 2018 1:46 pm

I went to Walmart and just couldn't help myself...










The poor Bull T.rex didn't stand a chance Sad

Also glad to report that I was able to remove it from the box while keeping the box perfectly intact. Didn't even cut the twine Razz

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4452
Points : 5556
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 19, 2018 7:49 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I went to Walmart and just couldn't help myself...










The poor Bull T.rex didn't stand a chance Sad

Also glad to report that I was able to remove it from the box while keeping the box perfectly intact. Didn't even cut the twine Razz

You will be happy that you got that. The Colossal T. rex, of both versions-normal and scarred-are going to be just as prized as the Kenner T. rexes. And we should throw in the 2009 retooled Bull T. rex that Hasbro made in the mix as well.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Tue May 22, 2018 8:21 pm

You guys are so lucky, here in my country I can't find even the Roarivores (I'm dying inside that I still don't have the Baryonyx)...

Waiting for at least the Mosasaurus to get here. =(

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minmi
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 145
Points : 922
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-01-16
Location : Waterfall City, Dinotopia

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Just got the new "Attack Pack" Dimorphodon.

_______________
The traditional greeting of Dinotopia: "Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:


_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4452
Points : 5556
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:


I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:

Spoiler:
 

I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

Hey Rhedosaurus! Very Happy

This raptor is from a line called "Destruct-a-saurus". They arrived here in a store in my city just a few days ago. There were 2 other models too. One gold Pteranodon with Microceratus and a new color variant of Attack Pack Dilophosaurus and Compsognathus.

Here's the pic with the 5 models that will be released:



I really liked this raptor, the color is amazing and it's why I got it, the head stripes are golden, only little nitpicks I have against it's the rest of the stripes on it's body should be golden too and when the piece of the cage is in it's mouth the raptor can't stand (balance problems). The rest I 100% recommend it. The Microceratus is also cute and I loved that they made a toy of it.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randomosaur
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 12
Points : 792
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-10-26
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 pm

A couple weeks ago I got the Thrash N' Throw T. rex. $49 in New Zealand, couldn't afford Colossal which was $85. Picture on the Jurassic Park Toy Collectors Facebook group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1225
Points : 2794
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm

@Randomosaur wrote:
A couple weeks ago I got the Thrash N' Throw T. rex. $49 in New Zealand, couldn't afford Colossal which was $85. Picture on the Jurassic Park Toy Collectors Facebook group.

That's too bad. I actually though the Colossal wasn't supposed to be that much more then the Thrash N' Throw.

For some comparison, the Thrash N' Throw was $70 at Toys R Us where I live, and the Roarin' Super Colossal was $70 at Walmart.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1morey
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 193
Points : 1189
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sat May 26, 2018 10:41 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Randomosaur wrote:
A couple weeks ago I got the Thrash N' Throw T. rex. $49 in New Zealand, couldn't afford Colossal which was $85. Picture on the Jurassic Park Toy Collectors Facebook group.

That's too bad. I actually though the Colossal wasn't supposed to be that much more then the Thrash N' Throw.

For some comparison, the Thrash N' Throw was $70 at Toys R Us where I live, and the Roarin' Super Colossal was $70 at Walmart.

I must have been lucky. I got my Roarin Super Colossal T. rex with Battle Damage for like 49 bucks, give or take. Everywhere else I've seen it online, it was going for like 89-100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sun May 27, 2018 8:30 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Randomosaur wrote:
A couple weeks ago I got the Thrash N' Throw T. rex. $49 in New Zealand, couldn't afford Colossal which was $85. Picture on the Jurassic Park Toy Collectors Facebook group.

That's too bad. I actually though the Colossal wasn't supposed to be that much more then the Thrash N' Throw.

For some comparison, the Thrash N' Throw was $70 at Toys R Us where I live, and the Roarin' Super Colossal was $70 at Walmart.

You guys are lucky to have the Colossal T.rex, here in my country we won't even get it because it would cost a kidney to get one.

But I'm glad I got the Mosasaurus.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4452
Points : 5556
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:

Spoiler:
 

I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

Hey Rhedosaurus! Very Happy

This raptor is from a line called "Destruct-a-saurus". They arrived here in a store in my city just a few days ago. There were 2 other models too. One gold Pteranodon with Microceratus and a new color variant of Attack Pack Dilophosaurus and Compsognathus.

Here's the pic with the 5 models that will be released:



I really liked this raptor, the color is amazing and it's why I got it, the head stripes are golden, only little nitpicks I have against it's the rest of the stripes on it's body should be golden too and when the piece of the cage is in it's mouth the raptor can't stand (balance problems). The rest I 100% recommend it. The Microceratus is also cute and I loved that they made a toy of it.

We barely have any JW:FK toys in my store. And that includes JW:FK Lego sets. Hopefully, that changes. I winded up getting my Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex via Amazon, and that's going to be where I get most of the other JW:FK toys that I plan to get.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2342
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sun May 27, 2018 3:05 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:

Spoiler:
 

I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

Hey Rhedosaurus! Very Happy

This raptor is from a line called "Destruct-a-saurus". They arrived here in a store in my city just a few days ago. There were 2 other models too. One gold Pteranodon with Microceratus and a new color variant of Attack Pack Dilophosaurus and Compsognathus.

Here's the pic with the 5 models that will be released:



I really liked this raptor, the color is amazing and it's why I got it, the head stripes are golden, only little nitpicks I have against it's the rest of the stripes on it's body should be golden too and when the piece of the cage is in it's mouth the raptor can't stand (balance problems). The rest I 100% recommend it. The Microceratus is also cute and I loved that they made a toy of it.

We barely have any JW:FK toys in my store. And that includes JW:FK Lego sets. Hopefully, that changes. I winded up getting my Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex via Amazon, and that's going to be where I get most of the other JW:FK toys that I plan to get.

Wow, so your local stores are having problems in getting the toys too? Here in my city we don't have much variety too, arrived some days ago the Mosasaurus, Destruct-a-saurus and the Owen + baby Blue figure. But a lot of merch didn't arrive, such as the Roarivores line. Sad

I hope your store also have more toys soon.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 894
Points : 3672
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Grabbed one of the big JP Raptor figures from work before going home. Did a quick and dirty repaint and sent him out for some awesome diorama shots!










_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)
» Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» A Miyu Thread
» Recent Japan Earthquake / Tsunami

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: The Gift Shop-
Jump to: