Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Tyrant Lizard

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Just saw it today. Loved the film. It was an absolute blast.

Sure, it's not the deepest film in the world and it's never going to win any Oscars, but who the hell goes to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters for the stuff that critics are looking for? To hell with the critics! The film was filled with Easter eggs for fans of the OG Godzilla, and the Titans themselves were breathtaking. The characters weren't amazing, but they were solid enough to carry the film whenever a monster wasn't on screen.

I give it an 8/10. Definitely my favorite film of the Monsterverse. Unlike G14, this film actually knew what it was and went all the way with it, resulting in a far more enjoyable experience. It's such a damn shame that the "critics" on Rotten Tomatoes decided to take the legs out from under this film before it even had a chance. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone can take them seriously after the Captain Marvel debacle. Without turning this into a rant, I'm willing to bet that KOTM would have a critical score of at least 80% if Disney and Marvel logos were slapped onto the opening credits, which in turn would have given the film a better chance at the box office. As it stands right now it looks like KOTM is going to be a semi-flop and it's a damn shame.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

I was disappointed in the film, wasn't as good as Godzilla 14 or Kong Skull Island, this film just did really nothing for me. Would rate it 6/10, still looking forward to Kong vs Godzilla though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 7:54 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Just saw it today. Loved the film. It was an absolute blast.

Sure, it's not the deepest film in the world and it's never going to win any Oscars, but who the hell goes to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters for the stuff that critics are looking for? To hell with the critics! The film was filled with Easter eggs for fans of the OG Godzilla, and the Titans themselves were breathtaking. The characters weren't amazing, but they were solid enough to carry the film whenever a monster wasn't on screen.

I give it an 8/10. Definitely my favorite film of the Monsterverse. Unlike G14, this film actually knew what it was and went all the way with it, resulting in a far more enjoyable experience. It's such a damn shame that the "critics" on Rotten Tomatoes decided to take the legs out from under this film before it even had a chance. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone can take them seriously after the Captain Marvel debacle. Without turning this into a rant, I'm willing to bet that KOTM would have a critical score of at least 80% if Disney and Marvel logos were slapped onto the opening credits, which in turn would have given the film a better chance at the box office. As it stands right now it looks like KOTM is going to be a semi-flop and it's a damn shame.

Not saying that I disagree with you, but at the same time 5 years in between Godzilla 2014 and this one is a long time. Even more so considering how the audience is being carpet bombed with MCU movies. If this had been released in 2017, with Kong: Skull Island coming out in 2016-which really should have happened-then we wouldn't be talking about it underperforming/semi-flopping.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I saw this last Friday and quite enjoyed it! I loved the world-building and the creatures, and felt the actors generally elevated the paper-thin characters. Like "Fallen Kingdom", this is basically a Saturday morning cartoon, it was insane in the just the right way IMO...in fact "Godzilla: The Animated Series" from the 90's and this are fairly similar in concept anyway. I'm now looking forward to "Godzilla Vs. Kong!"

BTW, if you haven't people should check out the script for the original 90's American Godzilla which is a lot of fun and fairly close to KotM 2019 (and written by one of the guys who wrote next year's movie).

Wiki Entry
Screenplay
Graphic Novel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8