Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeAbout UsJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Fights in future films

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Dinosaur Fights in future films Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 pm

This might be a source of contention for a few fans, since the reactions to the subject of dinosaur fights usually ranges from awestruck wonder to utter frustration. But the truth is that the very idea of dinosaur on dinosaur action has been present since the first film, ironically at Spielberg's own suggestion - namely the final confrontation between Rexy and the Big One in the Visitor's Center. Others in the same vein include the T.rex vs Spinosaurus battle in JP3, the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus confrontation, and the climactic fight between the I.rex, Rexy and Blue at at the very end.

It should go without saying that a great finale or monster movie fight does not a great film make. Personally, I don't believe every JP film has to has a climactic dinosaur fight (The Lost World is a primary example of this, and JP3 kinda wasted it's theropod battle in the first act). However, these inter-species fights were considered by many to be one of if not the most memorable parts of their respective films.

I am concerned that Universal will have taken note of the huge popularity of the Jurassic World climax and could try to force some additional dinosaur fights in the movie. The results could be disastrous (like an over-indulgent Rex vs Spino rematch) or moderately entertaining while still working in the context of the narrative. Instead of trying to recapture the excitement that built around the Rexy vs I.rex battle would be futile, I would prefer something more grounded such as a T.rex fighting a Triceratops for example, and in that fight both combatants would have an equal footing and the Trike could potentially impale and kill the T.rex.

So I wanted to ask you, if there is a situation in which dinosaurs engage in a fight, what would you envision? Do you believe it is possible to integrate these kinds of scenes without compromising the intellectual integrity of the individual film or series as a whole?

Dinosaur Fights in future films Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Hatchling
Hatchling
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 6:57 pm

It's very possible to have more confrontations, but by now, fans are kind of expecting it and it would feel forced in most cases. The rex/Spino encounter in JP3 felt natural in that the two predators weren't meant to fight each other, but circumstances provoked them into doing so. JW's climactic battle was awesome, but at the same time it's a prelude to what can be viewed as forced fights. If a human actively tries to start a fight between some dinos, that's going to feel unnatural and like fan-service, which I don't want. If in TLW, the hunters/gatherers trekked into the raptor nest with the Buck and Doe following them, and the dinos engaged in defensive combat, I'd buy that. It would be perfectly logical for the raptors to defend their nest against intruders and the rexes to fight back in pursuit of their baby's perceived assailant.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, but basically I don't want fights for the sake of fights. There has to be purpose behind them, a meaning and some kind of plot progression. I don't want a random T.rex VS Spinosaurus rematch just because they're both in a movie again. Give me a reason they're fighting each other, whether it be territory, food, or maternal instincts for their offspring. Not just because they're predators and it would be cool for 5 minutes.

And on that note, a fight doesn't always have to end in death. Animals walk away from fights all the time because it's just not worth it. If a T.rex decided to disengage from a Trike, I wouldn't be mad. I'd agree that it's logical.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:02 pm

I'd prefer if theres no fights this go round.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:19 pm

There's really only one dinosaur fight I'd like to see in a JP movie: 
Dinosaur Fights in future films ZYvsJKi

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 pm

I don't want any fight, at least not theropod ones. And please, if we're going to have a fight like I.rex vs Ankylosaurus (herbivore vs carnivores), don't put T.rex in it, bc I can't deal with another "Spino vs T.rex" version 2.0...

I would love to see one herbivore defend itself and kill a theropod, to show they're not docile cows like some ppl think.

My dream was to see a carcharodontosaurid vs sauropod(titanosaur) scene in a JP movie.

It makes me mad that some fanboys want the rematch to happen, they should just let it go and get over a 30 second fight that happened 14 years ago in a movie. And I saw many rex fans saying no to this petition also.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Dinosaur Fights in future films LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't want any "fights". I want animals acting like animals. If a hungry T. Rex wants to eat a Stegosaurus, then they may fight until one escapes or gets eaten. A Ceratosaurus might fight an Allosaurus for territory, but it's not exactly the same.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling
Gojira2014

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:05 pm

TBH, I wouldn't actually mind a rematch of T.rex vs Spino, just to get everyone to shut up. Other than that, I'd say either T.rex vs Stegosaurus or T.rex vs Triceratops

Megatronus Rex
Hatchling
Hatchling
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:32 am

But it won't get people to shut up. It'll just spawn another "petition" for a third match, and it'll keep going until people completely lose interest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 am

No more large carnivore fights, wouldn't mind a Raptor vs Dilo pack fight though, would look pretty cool I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 7:30 am

I think there will be a T.rex vs. Spino rematch just for rex fans who want the rematch unfortunately. For me dinosaur fights are awesome but I'll be just fine without them.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 am

A big carnivore vs a Triceratops would be cool to see

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:38 am

A small fight similar to the Indominus rex vs. Ankylosaurus would be fine but I hope big theropod battle finales don't become a staple. Don't get me wrong, the fight at the end of JW was amazing but it would be a bit cheesy if they put it in every movie going forward.
Back to top Go down
Oliphaunt
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Oliphaunt

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:53 am

Spino vs Rex is overrated, I want an Apatosaurus vs Indominus rematch! Now with the sauropod actually defending itself.

Just kidding, the fight would be over too quickly. Razz

-Cope (M) Brontosaurus excelsus
-Hook (F): Suchomimus tenerensis
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Well, actually I've had an ideal scenario for how a fight should go, and it is similar to jp1.
1. Main characters are being chased by (insert predator here)
2. Whilst the main characters are running, (insert other predator here) lunges from the bushes and the two animals begin the battle.
3.Main characters leave area, and unlike jp1, the camera does not go back to finish the fight.

The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 2:18 pm

@Dr. Wu wrote:
I think there will be a T.rex vs. Spino rematch just for rex fans who want the rematch unfortunately.

I don't think Bayona is the kind of director that obey to every fan command, especially for a pointless spino vs rex rematch which will feel way too forced to Bayona's standards. Maybe a lot of fans asked for this but it wouldn't be enough to convice him (and I hope that Treverrow's answer to the petition "noted" was a polite way to say "shut up kid and go play elsewhere").
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 4:24 pm

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
@Dr. Wu wrote:
I think there will be a T.rex vs. Spino rematch just for rex fans who want the rematch unfortunately.

I don't think Bayona is the kind of director that obey to every fan command, especially for a pointless spino vs rex rematch which will feel way too forced to Bayona's standards. Maybe a lot of fans asked for this but it wouldn't be enough to convice him (and I hope that Treverrow's answer to the petition "noted" was a polite way to say "shut up kid and go play elsewhere").

Yeah, I don't see it ever happening.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:21 pm

I'd like to see a Triceratops vs a large Ceratosaurus like in the Ray Harryhausen classic "One Million Years BC." Make it where the alpha male Trike, who the largest member of the herd battles a Ceratosaurus that was genetically modfiied to grow as big as an Allosaurus (32-35 ft) or a Tovrosaurus. And just like in the movie, the Triceratops wins. Hey, we NEED more Triceratops simply because for such a classic dinosaur, it's been underused. You could argue the same thing with Stegosaurus, but at least it had some memorable moments that didn't concern it being sick.

If not, I'd also like to see a T. rex vs. Stegosaurus fight. It would remember people of the 3 fingered T. rex vs. Stegosaurus fight in Fantasia.

Fun Fact: A T. rex vs. Stegosaurus fight is not a new idea. In the script for the unfinished/abandoned 1931 movie "Creation" which was modified into King Kong, a mother T. rex fights and kills a Stegosaurus which her offspring also eats. If we do see a T. rex vs. Stegosaurus fight, I want it to play it out like Creation.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:44 pm

@Gojira2014 wrote:
TBH, I wouldn't actually mind a rematch of T.rex vs Spino, just to get everyone to shut up. Other than that, I'd say either T.rex vs Stegosaurus or T.rex vs Triceratops

Ppl won't shut up. If rex wins, Spino fans will be mad and want another rematch. If Spino wins again, the rex fans will want the dinosaur to be banished and propose it never existed + a new rematch.

The best is not touch it and leave it alone. We seriously don't need a rematch.

Again, my votes are for sauropods vs carcharodontosaurids. Now that's an epic scene I would pay my kidney to see. They could show the real power of sauropods in that. Twisted Evil

And it would help to add new dinosaur species, IMO it's better than putting a generic herbivore vs T.rex (a dinosaur that can't get killed, so there's no fun putting it to fight another dinosaur).

Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 pm

I don't really want another battle between two alpha predators. It would diminish the importance of Rexy's fighting off iRex if every movie ended with an expy of that fight. If there is a clash between dinosaurs in the next film (and actually, every movie's had one so far; even TLW had two raptors get into a scuffle), I'd like it to involve either smaller theropods in both parties, or a theropod and its prey. Imagine how much an angry alpha male Brachiosaurus would wreck house.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:41 am

What about a human fight? Like Roland in that TLW deleted scene lol

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am

@owenpratt wrote:
What about a human fight? Like Roland in that TLW deleted scene lol

Owen vs Dodgson or Claire vs Evil female CEO? Laughing Razz

Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:57 am

I'd like to see an Allosaurus fighting a Stegosaurus. No more Carnivore vs Carnivore fights for me though, especially a rematch of... that.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:03 am

@Viperman wrote:
I'd like to see an Allosaurus fighting a Stegosaurus. No more Carnivore vs Carnivore fights for me though, especially a rematch of... that.

Allosaurus vs Stegosaurus is so classic. I'm all in.

PS: That profile pic lol Laughing

Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 am

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Viperman wrote:

Allosaurus vs Stegosaurus is so classic. I'm all in.

PS: That profile pic lol Laughing
Indeed it is. And thanks lol, probably my favorite reaction face meme. Razz
Back to top Go down
KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo
KingGrimlock

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Technically we already got this fight in Jurassic Park: The Game but I would love to see Tyrannosaurus vs Triceratops on the big screen. Triceratops needs more screen time anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 3:09 am

I probably should have mentioned this back in the original post, but I would argue that a scene of predators hunting prey would count as an inter-species conflict, even better if it's not played just for pure spectacle like the JW finale but gives us a view into the rigorous challenges of dinosaur life.

Imagine the protagonists being in a jeep, caught in the middle of a Sauropod stampede while Allosaurus run down a sick or wounded animal, just like in this scene in Walking With Dinosaurs: The Ballad of Big Al. This scene has always impressed me for the cinematography, music, editing and sense of thrill and danger from both the hunters and the hunted, and that is something that a future Jurassic film could certainly benefit from.

Dinosaur Fights in future films Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Gojira2014 wrote:

Ppl won't shut up. If rex wins, Spino fans will be mad and want another rematch. If Spino wins again, the rex fans will want the dinosaur to be banished and propose it never existed + a new rematch.

Keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things Spino fans are very small minority when you take into account both the hardcore fanbase, casual fans and the overall general public. The vast majority of people prefer the T Rex. So a rematch with the a T Rex winning would cause almost no negative reaction. (Not to mention Spino fans already had their victory in JP3).

I really do not understand this panic that a few fans have about dinosaur fights. Like really, every single JP film has had one or more dino VS dino fights and they are more often a hit than a miss. People love Rexy VS Raptors in JP, Raptor VS Raptor in TLW, Indy VS Ankylosaur in JW and Blue VS Indoraptor in JWFK.

The only dino VS dino fight that is really hated is Rex VS Spino in JP3 and what makes it hated is not that they fought but what it established, wich is that T Rexes stand no chance against Spinos. Then there is the Rex Raptor VS Indominus in JW wich people seem to be divided on. Many love it, others hate it because it felt way too Avengers and did not fix the Rex Spino issue.

And another thing, I just can not help but to be somewhat confused on something… Those who defend JW and JWFK by saying "Relax, go easy on it being unrealistic, it is just entertaiment, you should not take it too seriously" are the same ones that turn around and then say that a rematch (or any kind of dino fight) is unrealistic and would be a horrible thing for the quality of the film...Like seriously…

I have no problems with people liking, defending or overlooking the unrealistic things of Jurassic World but then it is kinda odd that those same people are the first to point out how "unrealistic" dinosaur fights are or get really alarmed at the mere suggestion of a rematch.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 6:02 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Gojira2014 wrote:

Keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things Spino fans are very small minority when you take into account both the hardcore fanbase, casual fans and the overall general public. The vast majority of people prefer the T Rex. So a rematch with the a T Rex winning would cause almost no negative reaction. (Not to mention Spino fans already had their victory in JP3).

Who says there wouldnt be a negative reaction? There would definitely be some sort of backlash in the community due to the fact that a rematch is only appeasing the minority who can't let a fictional fight that happened in 2001 go.

If real world dinosaurs like Triceratops and Stegosaurus can inflict damage and even kill a T-Rex, why can't a fictional Spinosaurus be able to do the same? Especially considering that the T-Rex in Jurassic Park III was confirmed to not even be a full adult?

This is like people being upset that a killer whale killed the shark in Jaws even though killer whales in real life have been known to eat Great White Sharks despite those sharks being at the top of the food chain in the world's oceans.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex doesn't need to be redeemed in a Jurassic Park movie because it lost one fight. It is not a hero, it is not an anti-hero, it's an animal.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Gojira2014 wrote:

Who says there wouldnt be a negative reaction? There would definitely be some sort of backlash in the community due to the fact that a rematch is only appeasing the minority who can't let a fictional fight that happened in 2001 go.

If real world dinosaurs like Triceratops and Stegosaurus can inflict damage and even kill a T-Rex, why can't a fictional Spinosaurus be able to do the same? Especially considering that the T-Rex in Jurassic Park III was confirmed to not even be a full adult?

This is like people being upset that a killer whale killed the shark in Jaws even though killer whales in real life have been known to eat Great White Sharks despite those sharks being at the top of the food chain in the world's oceans.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex doesn't need to be redeemed in a Jurassic Park movie because it lost one fight. It is not a hero, it is not an anti-hero, it's an animal.

No offense, but try to understand that it is not the way you think.

First of all, take a look around outside of this board (wich only has 10 or 20 active members who post on a daily basis) and look around Jurassic Park Facebook groups and or YouTube channels in wich thousands if not millions of fans actually comment and debate.

You will see that very few people are actually against the idea of a rematch or genuinely hate the idea. There are some, I am not saying they do not exist but you will see that the majority of JP fans are divided into 2 camps, those who are in favor of a rematch and those who are neutral or indifferent about it like, they are not asking for it but are not against it if it happens.

Second of all you need to understand that no rematch supporter is saying the T Rex is some invincible god. We are saying that we want to establish that they are not as inferior to Spinosauruses as JP3 established. That is not the same thing as me saying it can never lose.

Third, let me ask you a question. You know Simba is the icon of Lion King right? Ok, how do you think Lion King fans would react if after being the icon of Lion King 1 and 2 he gets humilliated and killed in Lion King 3 by another random lion in seconds? Fans would react in much the same way they are reacting to Rex VS Spino.

Fourth, I do not mind at all if you feel no interest in a rematch, that is ok. But what I can do, is ask you to not over simplify this as just fans not knowing that animals can lose. Because that would be ignoring all of the context I am kindly explaining here. Not to mention it almost borders on a similar gaslighting to the one that pro The Last Jedi fans do to the many who hate it. The Last Jedi defenders brush off any critic to the movie as just "crazy fanboys who hate it because it is different" when the movie actually does have many things that just flat out are actually not compatible with what came before (If force ghosts always had powers, then they should have helped in previous battles right? If you can just ram ships into ships at lightspeed then...There was never a need for other battles and so on...).

Again, it is ok to not like the idea of a rematch, I understand that, but I have explained the context of this very well many times so don't misconstrue it as just people not knowing that one random animal can kill another because that is a huge misrepresentation.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Fights in future films   Dinosaur Fights in future films Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Fights in future films
Page 1 of 1