Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 460
Points : 1033
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 95
Points : 449
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Starting to think that London filming only has to do with the zoo they wanted to film along with tax reasons. It seems contrived for this adventure to take place on Nublar and then go so far above the equator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 983
Points : 1612
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Personally, I'm happy to see the franchise go to the United Kingdom (a little bit biased here as it is my country) because I would like to see a scene in the JP franchise set outside the Americas or the Pacific islands. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see the dinosaurs in a more temperate, perhaps even colder, climate. As said in earlier posts, I really like the idea of the world becoming the proverbial "Jurassic World" as in starting to carve out their own niches in the modern day ecosystems and how humans would adapt to that.

_______________
"Life will find a way."



Last edited by BarrytheOnyx on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3391
Points : 4077
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Personally, I'm happy to see the franchise go to the United Kingdom (a little bit biased here as it is my country) because I would like.

I can't help but wonder if this is a nod to how much of the first dinosaurs to truly be described were found in England. And let's not forget good ol' Nessie. Razz

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Probably so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

So they just filmed a chopper scene in the Main Street set. Mosa, anyone?  Very Happy

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.



Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Forget it. How I delete?

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.



Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Because like I've said from the beginning. The Irex in JW had Zara's DNA. They need it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

LMAO Zaraptor confirmed. Laughing

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
LMAO Zaraptor confirmed. Laughing

Why can't I see Mistral's reply saying it's so depressing? It isn't appearing for me. Weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
LMAO Zaraptor confirmed. Laughing

Why can't I see Mistral's reply saying it's so depressing? It isn't appearing for me. Weird
I deleted it already.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
LMAO Zaraptor confirmed. Laughing

Why can't I see Mistral's reply saying it's so depressing? It isn't appearing for me. Weird

I deleted mine before he did his Razz
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 460
Points : 1033
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm

We have rain on the Main St Isla Nublar Set :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTH4vY_lEqI/?taken-by=jurassic_world2018&hl=en

Finally, something JW was sorely missing!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 653
Points : 1305
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

Meeeeow!

Well played I approve!

_______________
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- June 22nd, 2018

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.

I mean cameos can be done well, I don't think anyone would call Lex/Tim cameo at TLW for example "forced", but I guess if you wanna play that game...
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.


OMG it wasn't a joke directed to you. Calm down. I just said that a rain isn't worse than something like a forced cameo, nothing aimed at you.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.


OMG it wasn't a joke directed to you. Calm down. I just said that a rain isn't worse than something like a forced cameo, nothing aimed at you.

I interpreted it that way because of how Tyrant Lizard replied to your post, you know cat fight and thumbs up for essentially "you got Mistral that time". My bad

SORRY

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Does anyone have a link to that video where they added in rain to the JW end fight? It was fan made and on YouTube but I can't find it.

Edit: never mind it's on Vimeo.

Obviously not amazing since it's fan work but I like it kinda. 
https://vimeo.com/161163794
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.

I mean cameos can be done well, I don't think anyone would call Lex/Tim cameo at TLW for example "forced", but I guess if you wanna play that game...
I don't think they meant it in a mean spirited way. I think they wanted it to come off as more laughing with you(poking a little fun) rather than laughing at you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes I tend to jump the gun bit too quickly sometimes, but as proven, sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people mean on the internet. Especially when this isn't even my native tongue, sometimes the expressions fly over my head. But I'm sorry for it.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1227
Points : 1842
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

PMistral wrote:
Yes I tend to jump the gun bit too quickly sometimes, but as proven, sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people mean on the internet. Especially when this isn't even my native tongue, sometimes the expressions fly over my head. But I'm sorry for it.
Yes of course! Unfortunately the internet comes without a facial expression or context in a jokefar too often.  But if it makes you feel any better I've never heard someone say something negative about you behind your back(and I interact and talk privately about this forum a lot on twitter with users you disagree with regularly here).

People may not always like your opinions, but we still definitely like you. You bring interesting discussion to the table because we often disagree, and that's not a bad thing. It would be so boring if we all wanted the same stuff. 

And also back on JPL i had people poking fun at me a lot because of my love of JP3. Yet the people doing it to me are very cool with me. Like me and @Tyrant Lizard disagree heavily on the Spino situation and had some debates on it but he's a cool guy and I respect him and he respects me.

What I'm trying to say is this, I think we have a bunch of really cool members who might poke fun at each other once and while but over the years they have been nothing but loyal and kind to me Smile. And I think they ultimately feel the same towards you. Atleast I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
PMistral wrote:
Yes I tend to jump the gun bit too quickly sometimes, but as proven, sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people mean on the internet. Especially when this isn't even my native tongue, sometimes the expressions fly over my head. But I'm sorry for it.
Yes of course! Unfortunately the internet comes without a facial expression or context in a jokefar too often.  But if it makes you feel any better I've never heard someone say something negative about you behind your back(and I interact and talk privately about this forum a lot on twitter with users you disagree with regularly here).

People may not always like your opinions, but we still definitely like you. You bring interesting discussion to the table because we often disagree, and that's not a bad thing. It would be so boring if we all wanted the same stuff. 

And also back on JPL i had people poking fun at me a lot because of my love of JP3. Yet the people doing it to me are very cool with me. Like me and @Tyrant Lizard disagree heavily on the Spino situation and had some debates on it but he's a cool guy and I respect him and he respects me.

What I'm trying to say is this, I think we have a bunch of really cool members who might poke fun at each other once and while but over the years they have been nothing but loyal and kind to me Smile. And I think they ultimately feel the same towards you. Atleast I do.

Similarly to here, I kind of have had same kind of arch rivalry situations on other forums, revolving around different subjects. Or well, at least I imagine those situations may seem like arch rivalries to the outsiders. In the end I think it's just healthy banter. Probably happens due to my tendency to have somewhat polarizing opinions and I am not afraid to talk about them.

Anyway, kind words bud Ooooh Right! fun time discussing the tragedy that is True Blood today lol. Well at least we'll always have the first two seasons, might have to rewatch them. Literally have not done so since they originally aired on TV
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 460
Points : 1033
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 am

Apparently if you freeze frame the video of the rain scene involving the helicopter it appears to be Toby Jones climbing up the ladder & Rafe Spall hanging out of the chopper, so it seems like their characters go back to Main St on Isla Nublar for whatever reason :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M1SA5SOPA

Also new set pic of the building at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/855210189036806144
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 72
Points : 638
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Elephant Island, Antarctica

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am


_______________
"It's a... a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and uh... keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
"Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Dr. Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.instagram.com/aegyptiacus3
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1011
Points : 1599
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

@dance2nite wrote:
Apparently if you freeze frame the video of the rain scene involving the helicopter it appears to be Toby Jones climbing up the ladder & Rafe Spall hanging out of the chopper, so it seems like their characters go back to Main St on Isla Nublar for whatever reason :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M1SA5SOPA

Also new set pic of the building at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/855210189036806144
So, Toby and Rafe back on Nublar. Hmmmmm

I would say they are with the "bad guys" team.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 983
Points : 1612
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
Apparently if you freeze frame the video of the rain scene involving the helicopter it appears to be Toby Jones climbing up the ladder & Rafe Spall hanging out of the chopper, so it seems like their characters go back to Main St on Isla Nublar for whatever reason :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M1SA5SOPA

Also new set pic of the building at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/855210189036806144
So, Toby and Rafe back on Nublar. Hmmmmm

I would say they are with the "bad guys" team.

There's a pretty good chance of that, when viewed in that context. Toby, I believe, could be playing a character in the vein of Arnim Zola in the Captain America movies, or basically a henchman to Wu or Dodgson, or whoever is in charge of the rival corporation. Rafe could be of a similar sort of character, but for some reason I feel inclined to wonder if he will be a more sympathetic character, and possibly the father of Lucy and finding himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Though that's entirely my theorizing on the matter.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
There's a pretty good chance of that, when viewed in that context. Toby, I believe, could be playing a character in the vein of Arnim Zola in the Captain America movies, or basically a henchman to Wu or Dodgson, or whoever is in charge of the rival corporation. Rafe could be of a similar sort of character, but for some reason I feel inclined to wonder if he will be a more sympathetic character, and possibly the father of Lucy and finding himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Though that's entirely my theorizing on the matter.

In other words, Howard King
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 668
Points : 2945
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Spoiler:
 

What? It's just an ordinary dino-OH MY GOODNESS!!!

SQUIDWARD!!!!!

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4
» Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: