Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
V.a.nublarensis
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Baryonyx AND Carnotaurus?! It's like they're finally listening to our cries after all this time! Let's hope for more new herbivores!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
It would be pretty funny if Baryonyx once again was left in the shores after being teased in every other film except TLW already. Maybe there's some obscure reference but no actual screen time again. It's almost become in-joke how they never show it
It wouldn't be fun. I would be tragic.

That dinosaur deserves to be in a JP movie and have a great scene in it, hell, it deserves more than some classics there.

Maybe there's a scene where Owen and someone else are inspecting tracks on the ground, and the other guy says: "What do you think made these? Spinosaurus or something?" And Owen says: "What? No. Baryonyx, If I recall correctly. I don't even know what Spinosaurus is". It would be a stupid reference but I'd laugh at it. It would be even better if the other guy was called Billy.
It would also be hilarious if they heard a roar in the background and the guy asks if it's a Spino. And Pratt says "No, sounds smaller"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:44 am

According to ReelToursHawaii, filming will wrap in England in late May & Hawaii filming will begin in early June & film for about a month till early July.

https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/photos/a.367836739927510.84264.193164237394762/1437438862967287/?type=3&theater

So looks like it will be a nearly a 5 month shoot all up, longer than JW's 4 month shoot, hopefully that means this film will be slightly longer than JW & possibly the longest in the franchise beating TLW 129mins with credits runtime. Something like 135mins like SW would be perfect in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:48 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I think we should go through the list of predatory dinosaurs so far.

T. rex/Rexy

Blue/Velociraptor

Dilophosaurus/possibly the original one from JP

Carnotaurus

Baryonyx

One very large alpha predator in Rexy, one fairly large predator in Baryonyx, 2 medium sized predators in the Carnotaurus and Dilophosaurus, and one small predator in Blue.

The real question is how big will the Baryonyx get. I remember that the holotype was around 30-33 ft long, but if Suchomimus really was the African species of Baryonyx, then it could get larger. The holotype, which wasn't quite full grown was around 34-36 ft in length which means an adult could grow up to roughly 40-43 ft in length. T. rex sized. So depending on the species, we could get a Baryonyx that's larger then usual.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Carnotaurus could also be a threat since it's very fast in a straight sprint. Up to 25-30 mph to recent studies. More then fast enough to catch a Gallimimus/fleeing human.

All of a sudden, Nublar is looking far more dangerous then what the ending of JW showed it would be. I like this.

All of these new dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar though, since part of the story takes place on the mainland. I know Baryonyx is on Nublar but there is no proof of Carnotaurus or Stygimoloch existing there. Also doubt there would be any Dilo's left as they weren't listed as attractions for JW & we didn't see any in the restricted area, they would have been too dangerous to keep up there among the Raptor & Indominus paddocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am

@dance2nite wrote:
Also guys, these new Dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar or Sorna, they could be bred on the mainland, remember part of this film takes place on Nublar & the other on the mainland.

Supposedly

@dance2nite wrote:
All of these new dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar though, since part of the story takes place on the mainland.

Allegedly
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am

@Mistral wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
Also guys, these new Dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar or Sorna, they could be bred on the mainland, remember part of this film takes place on Nublar & the other on the mainland.

Supposedly

@dance2nite wrote:
All of these new dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar though, since part of the story takes place on the mainland.

Allegedly
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:51 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I'm so fucking hyped for Baryonyx! I hope this is true! YAY!

MORE LOVE TO SPINOSAURIDS!

I hope we see new dinosaurs besides those already listed too. Stygimoloch is a nice add!

Also: f*ck you Universal and your secrecy!

Slightly off topic, but I like how you don't bother censoring the first F bomb, but you do censor the second one Razz

I actually didn't censor it, it was the site who did it automatically.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:55 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I'm so fucking hyped for Baryonyx! I hope this is true! YAY!

MORE LOVE TO SPINOSAURIDS!

I hope we see new dinosaurs besides those already listed too. Stygimoloch is a nice add!

Also: f*ck you Universal and your secrecy!

Slightly off topic, but I like how you don't bother censoring the first F bomb, but you do censor the second one Razz

I actually didn't censor it, it was the site who did it automatically.  Laughing

Ahh. So as long as there's an "ing" behind it, we can get away with F bombs xD

Sweet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

So these whiny bastards did it. Universal made a promo video in twitter saying Spinosaurus from JP3 is actually the skeleton Rexy smashes.

It's so stupid and ridiculous, of course they took this as a lame excuse of a poor fanservice to calm the whiny crybabies down. It's not the same Spinosaurus, everyone can see that. The proportions and anatomy are totally diferent. No, it's not canon. Try harder, Universal and fanboys.

LEAVE THE SPINOSAURUS ALONE! It's not going to appear again, just leave the thing there. Ugh. What they want? Another Spino dead in JW2 oppening scene? It's so unfair.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm

It just says "The Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3". Which I would argue is open up to interpretation. That could just be meant as hint to the idiots in the audience who don't remember / know any better, that it's the same sort of animal as the main monster in JP3. Not the exact one.

At least I hope so. Otherwise it's beyond retarded. I mean it's kind of retarded either way because the ha-ha reference in the film was so blatantly obvious any monkey with half a brain could spot it, but I guess it'd be full retarded if they were to imply it was the same exact animal.

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:00 pm

BS, Universal is full of sh*t.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 pm

There are 5 MAJOR problems with this explanation.

1. Sorna is 87 miles away from Nublar. The 'new' Spinosaurus might be able to swim that far, but not the JP3 Spinosaurus.

2. The JP3 Spinosaurus was at least 50ft. That skeleton is roughly Rexy's length, if not slightly smaller.

3. The JP3 Spinosaurus had a much smaller sail. This skeleton has a much larger one.

4. The JP3 Spino had two hornlets, one above each eye. This one has a Baryonyx sized crest above each eye.

5. How did it die? Since it couldn't swim to Nublar and lose to Rexy, then it had to be killed off somehow? And they wouldn't have killed it off unless Masrani had a good reason. And I just can't fathom a good one.

Honestly, I really believe that all of this is just a cheap lazy, half-hearted way to make up for what happened in JP3 without throwing Jack Horner, the main cause of all this, under the bus. (Universal and the producers basically gave him free reign as dino advisior in JP3.) At this point, they would have been better off saying that this was the skeleton of it's little brother. Yes, it too, would have been dumb, but at least it would have made some sense. This makes no sense.

Based on this, I take away 3 things from all of this.

1. Universal is really this stupid to think that what happened in JW solved what happened in JP3. (Which it clearly didn't.)

2. They really don't care about the product and the fans-except for their cash.

3. They just don't deserve the rights anymore. It's time for new ownership.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Laughing

Although I'm only sort on their side, in the way that I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and thinking it is up to interpretation... for now
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Kind of hard to interpret this as anything else.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

As I wrote couple posts above:

It just says "The Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3". Which I would argue is open up to interpretation. That could just be meant as hint to the idiots in the audience who don't remember / know any better, that it's the same sort of animal as the main monster in JP3. Not the exact one.

As in, "there was a a dinosaur called Spinosaurus in one of the previous sequels. This skeleton thing here is supposed to be reference to that said dinosaur species in that film".

It's like foolproof for idiots. If they just wrote "Spinosaurus", some idiots who either skipped JP3 or don't remember, wouldn't get it. You know because it's not reference to JP like every other easter egg reference. Nostalgia only really affects the first film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

As in, "there was a a dinosaur called Spinosaurus in one of the previous sequels. This skeleton thing here is supposed to be reference to that said dinosaur species in that film".

It's like foolproof for idiots. If they just wrote "Spinosaurus", some idiots who either skipped JP3 or don't remember, wouldn't get it. You know because it's not reference to JP like every other easter egg reference. Nostalgia only really affects the first film.

Except fans are far more knowledgeable about their favorite movie series then the GA. And even then, some members of the GA aren't quite as stupid as the others. This may work for them, but not the fanbase. And even then, many of the GA can be swayed by fans and their knowledge. That's one thing that Universal didn't take into account on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Except fans are far more knowledgeable about their favorite movie series then the GA. And even then, some members of the GA aren't quite as stupid as the others. This may work for them, but not the fanbase. And even then, many of the GA can be swayed by fans and their knowledge. That's one thing that Universal didn't take into account on.

Fans who care already know about those easter eggs as they've been covered million times over before, obviously that PR video was just aimed for the GA.

Anyway. As I said on my first reaction. At least I hope this is the case, as otherwise they are complete retards in suggesting this Spino crap.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Sorry for the sh*t post but happy Easter everyone.

Also I'm still dying for the title of JW2. When do you think we will get it? I think it's going to be until late summer or fall.

Edit: the Spino video...wtf..... I don't even know what to think anymore. I really hope that was a poorly worded way of saying it's the same species.

I really just don't want stuff like this to be the future of JP. JP3 happened in 2001, most don't like it. It's over it's done. 

I had hoped the smashing of the skeleton in JW was finally the end of this pointless "my Dino is better than your Dino" nonsense.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:28 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Fans who care already know about those easter eggs as they've been covered million times over before, obviously that PR video was just aimed for the GA.

Anyway. As I said on my first reaction. At least I hope this is the case, as otherwise they are complete retards in suggesting this Spino crap.

I'm not sure. Ever since the making of JP3, Universal seems to either be taking to fanbase for granted or it has a on/off again relationship with it when it cares about it one time and doesn't the next. Just another example of Universal not having a plan and not really caring.

@Troyal1 wrote:

Also I'm still dying for the title of JW2. When do you think we will get it? I think it's going to be until late summer or fall.

Same to you, man. Very Happy

As for the title. You have it right. Late summer/early fall sounds about right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:31 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

If that was the case, then why doesn't the video simply say, "Spinosaurus, from Jurassic Park 3"? That would be a much better hint to the "idiots" who forgot that it was the animal from JP3.

But instead the video says, quite clearly, that it is, "The Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3", as if emphasising the "The" part of the sentence. This video is clearly saying to everyone, that skeleton was the exact same animal that appeared in JP3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:33 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm not sure. Ever since the making of JP3, Universal seems to either be taking to fanbase for granted or it has a on/off again relationship with it when it cares about it one time and doesn't the next. Just another example of Universal not having a plan and not really caring.

@Troyal1 wrote:

Thanks man. But btw while you were replying I added my thoughts to The Whole Spino debate thing in an edit. Or more of a rant actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm

@Gondrasia wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

If that was the case, then why doesn't the video simply say, "Spinosaurus, from Jurassic Park 3"? That would be a much better hint to the "idiots" who forgot that it was the animal from JP3.

But instead the video says, quite clearly, that it is, "The Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3", as if emphasising the "The" part of the sentence. This video is clearly saying to everyone, that skeleton was the exact same animal that appeared in JP3.

Maybe they just have some hack interims making these PR releases and no-one from the upper management is even bothering to check the outcome or correct articulation. "It's just social media, whatever is fine".

"They're not surprising us too much, but at the same time, they're surprising us"
"Safe, but not too safe"

- Mike Stoklasa
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:50 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

@Troyal1 wrote:

Thanks man. But btw while you were replying I added my thoughts to The Whole Spino debate thing in an edit. Or more of a rant actually.

Yeah I just saw that. If you see my one post, I explained why that 'ret-con' is bullcrap. They can explain it like that all they want to, but it's still bullcrap.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:15 pm

I think we will get the title in June/July, around the 1 year to go mark/end of filming/Comic Con etc.

The Last Jedi title dropped 11 months before release so I think the title for Jurassic will be around that mark also.

Also can we take the Spino from JP3 discussion to another separate thread to this as this is the "General JW2 News Thread" & this discussion doesn't relate to JW2, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:50 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
Also can we take the Spino from JP3 discussion to another separate thread to this as this is the "General JW2 News Thread" & this discussion doesn't relate to JW2, thanks.

He's right. I made a new thread that we can talk about it here in the Film Universe part of The Franchise area. If we want to talk about it, then talk about it there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm

http://msftmanagement.tumblr.com/post/157948467429/kevin-layne-lands-his-first-hollywood-job

KEVIN LAYNE LANDS HIS FIRST HOLLYWOOD JOB                 (4 of 6)

Just utter the words ‘Jurassic World 2′ and see Kevin’s face completely light up like a giddy child in a sweet shop.  

Congratulations on landing your role in Jurassic World 2, can you tell us a bit more about it?

To be part of one of the movie industry’s biggest franchises is a bit of a pinch yourself moment.

That was a straightforward casting process. My agent, Lennie, put me up for the casting, which was being run by Nina Gold and I went down to their offices and auditioned off-book. (This means that Kevin had learnt the lines from the script off by heart)

I remember getting advice from Lennie, “Make sure you go looking like the part. You’re a soldier, you’re a mercenary. Think it. Be it.”

I read for two parts, and ended up getting the role of ‘submarine pilot’, which was the role I wanted as it is quite an epic scene. So I should have a nice cinematic moment on screen in a massive studio film.

Filming starts in May hopefully I’ll be in one of their amazing contraptions, pretending that there’s dinosaurs around me. I’ve never worked with CGI before so it’s fun and challenging. But I can now say to people “You know there’s no dinosaur there right?” [laughs]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm

@Oviraptor wrote:
http://msftmanagement.tumblr.com/post/157948467429/kevin-layne-lands-his-first-hollywood-job

Just utter the words ‘Jurassic World 2′ and see Kevin’s face completely light up like a giddy child in a sweet shop.  

Congratulations on landing your role in Jurassic World 2, can you tell us a bit more about it?

To be part of one of the movie industry’s biggest franchises is a bit of a pinch yourself moment.

That was a straightforward casting process. My agent, Lennie, put me up for the casting, which was being run by Nina Gold and I went down to their offices and auditioned off-book. (This means that Kevin had learnt the lines from the script off by heart)

I remember getting advice from Lennie, “Make sure you go looking like the part. You’re a soldier, you’re a mercenary. Think it. Be it.”

I read for two parts, and ended up getting the role of ‘submarine pilot’, which was the role I wanted as it is quite an epic scene. So I should have a nice cinematic moment on screen in a massive studio film.

Filming starts in May hopefully I’ll be in one of their amazing contraptions, pretending that there’s dinosaurs around me. I’ve never worked with CGI before so it’s fun and challenging. But I can now say to people “You know there’s no dinosaur there right?” [laughs]

Interesting, wonder if this scene will involve the Mosasaur?scratch Thanks for the article.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:30 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
@Oviraptor wrote:

Interesting, wonder if this scene will involve the Mosasaur?scratch  Thanks for the article.

If it does then it will most likely be examining it's corpse since it starved to death.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
@Oviraptor wrote:

Interesting, wonder if this scene will involve the Mosasaur?scratch  Thanks for the article.

If it does then it will most likely be examining it's corpse since it starved to death.

We don't know for sure though if it's dead (probably is?) but maybe some staff stayed behind on the island to feed the animals after the park closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 am

It could also eat dinosaurs that come to drink from the lagoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next