Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Universal knows what happened here and on Twitter. My question is this: Will they have to modify things at all? I say yes. After all, if GB 2016 moved that one dumb danceoff to the end credits after the Stantz1984 leak and if WB has to do reshoots, then I don't see why Universal couldn't do so otherwise.

Your thoughts.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 598
Points : 1523
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm

They won't change a thing, filming is almost finished & this leak has been contained. The GP don't or won't now of this leak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 7:32 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
They won't change a thing, filming is almost finished & this leak has been contained. The GP don't or won't now of this leak.

Sickle Claw said that the syopsis was leaked on Twitter. Not only that, but with everything Neomorph said, that is something that is just too big to be contained for long.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1659
Points : 2643
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 7:34 pm

I don't think they will change anything man. I know it happened with Ghostbusters but I don't see a massive negative backlash coming from these leaks. 

And then Sony pictures is pretty poor at managing stuff anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
I don't think they will change anything man. I know it happened with Ghostbusters but I don't see a massive negative backlash coming from these leaks. 

And then Sony pictures is pretty poor at managing stuff anyway.

But WB had to do reshoots for Justice League. Really big ones too.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1202
Points : 2748
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 pm

I just scanned my Twitter feed and didn't see any of the leaked details.

It seems, like dance2nite said, that the leak has been contained. Hopefully what happened won't change a thing.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Megaspino2
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 234
Points : 1658
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 pm

GB2016 was basically forced to move it to the credits to avoid the backlash that ensued when it was leaked. Did I personally find what was leaked to be my vision of what the movie should be? No; I think the majority of people would be kind of neutral regarding the info that was leaked as it wasn't anything that came out of the blue.

The movie is almost done filming they wouldn't change anything this far in and if they did it would have the potential to become a JP3 situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 8:09 pm

I guess you guys are right. Other then some slight changes here and there, we shouldn't expect too much.

That being said, I can't help but wonder how much would change if this was leaked a few days after filming began.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1330
Points : 4072
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
They won't change a thing, filming is almost finished & this leak has been contained. The GP don't or won't now of this leak.

Sickle Claw said that the syopsis was leaked on Twitter. Not only that, but with everything Neomorph said, that is something that is just too big to be contained for long.

The main summary was leaked. There are other things however that I am glad havent been leaked otherwise these would force reshoots

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@dance2nite wrote:
They won't change a thing, filming is almost finished & this leak has been contained. The GP don't or won't now of this leak.

Sickle Claw said that the syopsis was leaked on Twitter. Not only that, but with everything Neomorph said, that is something that is just too big to be contained for long.

The main summary was leaked. There are other things however that I am glad havent been leaked otherwise these would force reshoots

That's good. If more then that was leaked, then I'd be worried about backstage issues. Via JP3, Fant4stic, GB 2016, etc.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 72
Points : 831
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-11-06
Location : Tokio, Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Leaks can't be contained in the age of the internet, if you really want the info, you can find it.

Re-shoots happen very often even if there are no problems with the film itself, it's normal that once they're putting the film together they realize they need more stuff.

_______________
Follow me on Twitter @0sdp
Jurassic June @ Miscrave.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miscrave.com
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 1008
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 2:45 am

(new member Very Happy ) the leaks are really contained now. I could not for the life of me find anything about this synopsis thing i keep hearing about (reading i mean ha). I don't think uni should worry about this considering only die hard fans seem to be in the know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1330
Points : 4072
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 11:36 am

Damn. Im not sure how long it will be until the other things start to leak. It will be bad once that comes out.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Damn. Im not sure how long it will be until the other things start to leak. It will be bad once that comes out.

What makes you say that? Something from your personal source or did you come that mindset after reading this again?

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1330
Points : 4072
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Damn. Im not sure how long it will be until the other things start to leak. It will be bad once that comes out.

What makes you say that? Something from your personal source or did you come that mindset after reading this again?

Another leak seems to be making the rounds, thats not the plot leak although I suspect what it is, no one is saying.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4419
Points : 5502
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Damn. Im not sure how long it will be until the other things start to leak. It will be bad once that comes out.

What makes you say that? Something from your personal source or did you come that mindset after reading this again?

Another leak seems to be making the rounds, thats not the plot leak although I suspect what it is, no one is saying.

I see. It was inevitable. As I said before, all this would have happened one way or another. Neomorph blew the doors open, and now these leaks are turning into floods. It's only a matter of time before everything gets leaked.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2321
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Nothing, but it's best to keep it low since Universal is hunting people and stalking some sites for leaks.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1501
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Just want to ask, how did everyone come across this leak? Was it a post on here and twitter? I follow just about every Jurassic related page and never once saw it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1330
Points : 4072
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm

some guy posted it on here and private messaged a bunch of people. We had no idea it was real until he ran to staff saying universal demanded he delete his account

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 884
Points : 3640
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm

I hope none. I'm actually pretty excited from what I've been hearing. Some of what I don't like sounds like it'll depend on the execution, and there's only a thing or two that I don't think I'll like, but I do like most of what I'm hearing. I see it as TLW mixed with the SNES game

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1163
Points : 2150
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2016-06-17
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Thu May 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I know "reshoots" tends to be a dirty word in the wake of such films as Fant4stic and Suicide Squad in which the finished product is represented by said reshoots and nothing more, but it is worth noting that they can be a useful and even important part of completing a film. Simply having them isn't the film's death knell, especially if they're organized into the filmmaking schedule; The Lord of the Rings had reshoots planned early on and those films are masterpieces, even Captain America: The Winter Soldier had them. The same could be the case for JW2 if we ever hear of them in the future. Or it might not, it will depend on the context and how they're reflected in the film.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 1008
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 am

nearly every movie has reshoots. Its a natural part of filmmaking; just look at the first "Back to the future" film ha that was nearly all reshoots. These leaks only seem to be seen by die hard fans ha i consider myself a die hard and i follow a bunch jp fans on twitter and every leak seems to be deleted by the time i wake up. I do not think Uni needs to worry about this as of now. Funny how those that want to see the leaks can't and those that did not want to see it, saw it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 40
Points : 602
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-08
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Sat May 27, 2017 4:29 pm

None. I don't know why you guys think this is such a major leak. It is just a synopsis. I'm not questioning all the measures the forums has taken but Universal kinda overreacted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1818
Points : 3925
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Sat May 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Well it's what they described in said synopsis that got Universal to react. I think if all they said was "Dinosaurs are finally gonna be on the mainland etc" and didnt describe certain scenes or the introduction of what may be a new creature, 6 months before the first trailer is likely to drop, it wouldnt be as bad.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Day of the Dead: Bloodline (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E24).
Last Video Game Played: Forza Horizon 4 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1330
Points : 4072
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Sat May 27, 2017 6:06 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Well it's what they described in said synopsis that got Universal to react. I think if all they said was "Dinosaurs are finally gonna be on the mainland etc" and didnt describe certain scenes or the introduction of what may be a new creature, 6 months before the first trailer is likely to drop, it wouldnt be as bad.

That too, plus maybe it hinted just enough at that second thing to get universal panicked that the leaker knew more and take action

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 307
Points : 873
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   Sun May 28, 2017 6:17 am

What did they say? Other than the fact that there will be dinosaurs on the mainland?

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?   

Back to top Go down
 
How many reshoots/script modifications will Universal do because of what happened?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Universal Law of Creation
» Script rubber stamp
» Karma Script
» Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd
» XP - Avoid Guards (script version)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: