Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I too didn't really like how the T-rex went out in JP3, however, I just don't like the idea of a rematch at all. There's no scenario that I can think of where a rematch wouldn't feel forced and unnecessary. I honestly don't think we'll ever see the Spinosaurus again in the series either. In my opinion, no, I really don't want to see a rematch, I'd rather the focus be on other things: expanding the lore, characters, new Dinosaurs, inGen and Biosyn etc. If we dwell too much on a rematch of a Dino fight that happened all the way back in part 3, we're not really focussing on progression.

Keep in mind that if a rematch were to happen it would only be one scene that will probably not even me a minute long.

So even with a 1 minute rematch, it is a 2 hour long film so there is still plenty of room for everything else (Story, characters, bringing in new things, having other dinos shine and all that).

There are some scenarios in wich a rematch could work within the story. One is millionaires owning both a Rex and a Spino and having them fight in order to have bets (Similar to what happens in real life with dog fights and rooster fights). That way it can also fit within the man playing with nature theme of the series.

I'm sorry but that sounds awful and hard to believe. Two millionaires using these crazy rare animals brought back from the dead to fight. All so rex can win? 

How can this fit in the story without feeling like complete fan service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun May 28, 2017 11:52 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I too didn't really like how the T-rex went out in JP3, however, I just don't like the idea of a rematch at all. There's no scenario that I can think of where a rematch wouldn't feel forced and unnecessary. I honestly don't think we'll ever see the Spinosaurus again in the series either. In my opinion, no, I really don't want to see a rematch, I'd rather the focus be on other things: expanding the lore, characters, new Dinosaurs, inGen and Biosyn etc. If we dwell too much on a rematch of a Dino fight that happened all the way back in part 3, we're not really focussing on progression.

Keep in mind that if a rematch were to happen it would only be one scene that will probably not even me a minute long.

So even with a 1 minute rematch, it is a 2 hour long film so there is still plenty of room for everything else (Story, characters, bringing in new things, having other dinos shine and all that).

There are some scenarios in wich a rematch could work within the story. One is millionaires owning both a Rex and a Spino and having them fight in order to have bets (Similar to what happens in real life with dog fights and rooster fights). That way it can also fit within the man playing with nature theme of the series.

I'm sorry but that sounds awful and hard to believe. Two millionaires using these crazy rare animals brought back from the dead to fight. All so rex can win? 

Well it is a franchise about millionaires bringing extinct animals from the dead while mixing them up with a bit of DNA of frogs in order to make a dinosaur theme park and throw some other mutants mixed with many species DNA so one idea is not that far from the other.

The other options are an opening scene on Isla Sorna where both fight. It is not that unrealistic since both predators live on a small island so it would not be that unrealistic to have them running into each other often. We see in nature lions and hyenas often fighting each other to death.

The other option is that both are brought into the mainland and when all hell breaks lose (like in all JP films) they fight. Yes I do agree that it is fan service but...

When you think about it, Jurassic World had a lot of fan service and most people loved the fan service.

A personal opinion? (And this is just a personal speculation). This reminds me of when Jurassic World was first announced...Plenty of fans were very concerned at the simple thought of a sequel focusing on a mutant dinosaur rather than a real one and I also remember fans really hating the idea of the raptors being able to work with the protagonists because it took away the lethal suspense element from them. But at the end of the day, most fans were at the very least able to accept both ideas when they actually saw them within the film.

I think that exact same thing is going to happen if a rematch does happen. Right now I understand the worries because we have not seen it within the context of the movie. But if it does happen I am confident that it won´t be anywhere near as overly absurd as some worry that it will be.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 1:35 am

I admire the passion and i was right there with yea if it was years ago. Now i feel like we just passed it. Something else i would liked to be fixed from 3 is Ellie and Grant getting back together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 2:39 am

@Mistral wrote:
Fine...

TRexSpinorematch: I hope you're not relying on ibtimes.co.in anymore, as reference on your FB page. Articles on that site are complete bogus.

We have posted news from other well known websites like Scified.com and movienewsguide.com. In addition, we also post YouTube videos from well known JP related youtubers like Stupendous Wave and Tommy H.

But I would not say that we rely on them but rather we post their stuff to show everyone that the topic of the rematch is still big and a topic of interest even after 16 years. (Wich is what we need, because we need the producers to see that it is still a topic of interest in order to consider it in the sequel).

In fact it was one of those youtubers who noticed that on the set picture of the museum, there appears to be (what seems to be) both a T Rex and a Spinosaurus animatronic standing together on set reflected on the glass.

Now we are not saying this is confirmation of anything. But it does raise some eyebrows.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Mon May 29, 2017 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
In fact it was one of those youtubers who noticed that on the set picture of the museum. There appears to be (what seems to be) both a T Rex and a Spinosaurus animatronic standing together on set reflected on the glass.

What?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 12:25 pm

@Mistral wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
In fact it was one of those youtubers who noticed that on the set picture of the museum. There appears to be (what seems to be) both a T Rex and a Spinosaurus animatronic standing together on set reflected on the glass.

What?
 He's talking about this. Although I see no Spino, there is a Rex in the background. https://twitter.com/ledoctor/status/855435692289040394
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 pm

That's not a T. rex, but there will be a Rexy animatronic in the movie.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
That's not a T. rex, but there will be a Rexy animatronic in the movie.
There actually is one in the picture Smile.

https://imgur.com/a/3QWhJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 3:13 pm

In any case, with that scale I doubt it'd be animatronics, but more of those "statues". In this day and age I don't think they're bothering with miniatures either
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 3:19 pm

When I was younger and watched JP3 for the first time I was shocked and felt betrayed by the utter destruction of the T. rex. I spent countless hours surfing the internet looking for arguments to confirm my idea that the T. rex should have won over that silly stupid crocodile rip-off with a sail.

But nowadays I want them to do a rematch and still have the Spino win so I can witness the salt mining industry boom.

In all seriousness, a T. rex vs Spinosaurus rematch would just be a bit too forced and fanservicey for me. However, I would actually like to see Spino again. I really like him nowadays.

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Do they still have the old Spino animatronic somewhere? You know, collecting dust in Winston's family warehouse or something?

Probably not. And even if they did, it probably would be all messed up, and make the old frankenstein-ish JP3 Rex animatronic look baby smooth in comparison. The skin, it really doesn't age well with these things.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 3:34 pm

@TyrannoFan wrote:
When I was younger and watched JP3 for the first time I was shocked and felt betrayed by the utter destruction of the T. rex. I spent countless hours surfing the internet looking for arguments to confirm my idea that the T. rex should have won over that silly stupid crocodile rip-off with a sail.

But nowadays I want them to do a rematch and still have the Spino win so I can witness the salt mining industry boom.

In all seriousness, a T. rex vs Spinosaurus rematch would just be a bit too forced and fanservicey for me. However, I would actually like to see Spino again. I really like him nowadays.

There would be a petition to the petition of a 3rd fight.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:18 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

What?
 He's talking about this. Although I see no Spino, there is a Rex in the background. https://twitter.com/ledoctor/status/855435692289040394

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFxQdNtMH88

Minute 4:20

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:22 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Do they still have the old Spino animatronic somewhere? You know, collecting dust in Winston's family warehouse or something?

Probably not. And even if they did, it probably would be all messed up, and make the old frankenstein-ish JP3 Rex animatronic look baby smooth in comparison. The skin, it really doesn't age well with these things.
No, it was dismantled and key parts (claws, head and neck section, teeth) were sold off at auction.

Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

What?

I really don't think that the other reflected image looks like much of anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

No, it was dismantled and key parts (claws, head and neck section, teeth) were sold off at auction.

That's too bad.

I presume that's happened to all of the animatronics of the first three films?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:32 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@CT-1138 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

That's too bad.

I presume that's happened to all of the animatronics of the first three films?

I believe so, yes.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 pm

@TyrannoFan wrote:

That's what I would do if I was a director.  Laughing

And if people cried, I would tell them to deal with it or I would make a compilation of dinosaurs killing T.rex.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:38 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

And if people cried, I would tell them to deal with it or I would make a compilation of dinosaurs killing T.rex.  Laughing

Yeah, but with you it wouldn't be done ironically Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:40 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Actually it would, I'm just kidding.  Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Ooooh Right!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:44 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

What?

I really don't think that the other reflected image looks like much of anything.
 And even if it is it means nothing. Since we know that everything in that photo is
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Ooooh Right!
Ooooh Right!

I'm glad we are cool.  Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:50 pm

I would love to see the Spinosaurus return, but I'd rather not have a Rex/Spino rematch. It's been pretty drawn out War between the fans of both animals and it would be best not to add fuel to the fire. I'd rather something that more interesting. Like the long awaited battle between T. Rex and Triceratops or have a pair of Carnotaurs take on Rexy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think the Spinosaurus is ever going to appear in the franchise again. The "scene that shall not be named" just had too jarring an effect on people, and Universal, being the cowardly kittens that they are, probably don't ever even want to reference anything to do with JP3 or that scene in particular.

And it's a damn shame, as the Spinosaurus was truly an amazing animal, especially considering recent discoveries. Me and Rhedo were talking about a Rex potentially being partially nocturnal and having a third eyelid like crocodiles, and I think these ideas could easily be transferred over to a more scientifically accurate, sea serpent-ish version of the Spinosaurus for a future film. Could make for a truly terrifying scene.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

But then we have to ask ourselves if it's even worth throwing it in there for a couple of minutes if it adds nothing to the story. I think your idea of having them being forced to fight like people do with dogs is a good idea. How it'll look on-screen, I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 10:23 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Well it is a franchise about millionaires bringing extinct animals from the dead while mixing them up with a bit of DNA of frogs in order to make a dinosaur theme park and throw some other mutants mixed with many species DNA so one idea is not that far from the other.

The other options are an opening scene on Isla Sorna where both fight. It is not that unrealistic since both predators live on a small island so it would not be that unrealistic to have them running into each other often. We see in nature lions and hyenas often fighting each other to death.

The other option is that both are brought into the mainland and when all hell breaks lose (like in all JP films) they fight. Yes I do agree that it is fan service but...

When you think about it, Jurassic World had a lot of fan service and most people loved the fan service.

A personal opinion? (And this is just a personal speculation). This reminds me of when Jurassic World was first announced...Plenty of fans were very concerned at the simple thought of a sequel focusing on a mutant dinosaur rather than a real one and I also remember fans really hating the idea of the raptors being able to work with the protagonists because it took away the lethal suspense element from them. But at the end of the day, most fans were at the very least able to accept both ideas when they actually saw them within the film.

I think that exact same thing is going to happen if a rematch does happen. Right now I understand the worries because we have not seen it within the context of the movie. But if it does happen I am confident that it won´t be anywhere near as overly absurd as some worry that it will be.

Not gonna lie, when I saw people predicting that the Indominus Rex was communicating with the Raptors before the movie came out I thought that sounded incredibly awful. I was sure it wasn't going to happen. When it happened, it was pulled of quite well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Also, T-rex vs Spinosaurus sounds like a big thing. A big, main set-piece. It wouldn't really suit being relegated to being a small cameo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think the Spinosaurus is ever going to appear in the franchise again. The "scene that shall not be named" just had too jarring an effect on people, and Universal, being the cowardly kittens that they are, probably don't ever even want to reference anything to do with JP3 or that scene in particular.

And it's a damn shame, as the Spinosaurus was truly an amazing animal, especially considering recent discoveries. Me and Rhedo were talking about a Rex potentially being partially nocturnal and having a third eyelid like crocodiles, and I think these ideas could easily be transferred over to a more scientifically accurate, sea serpent-ish version of the Spinosaurus for a future film. Could make for a truly terrifying scene.  

I disagree with the notion that Universal is terrified to bring back the Spinosaurus for the sequel.

After all, the Spinosaurus is still featured in a lot of Jurassic Park related merchandise post JP3.

It appeared on the game Operation Genesis (2 years after JP3), It has appeared on most toylines from 2002 to 2015, It appeared in the IDW comics of 2012, and it appeared on most Jurassic World related videogames like the Lego Game and the Arcade game.

So I just can´t buy the idea that Universal wants to avoid it at all cost.

Having it return for a rematch in the sequel with a T Rex winning is not that much of a huge risk when you take into account that the amount of people in both the hardcore fans and general public that prefer the T Rex to the Spinosaurus is much much bigger than those who prefer the Spinosaurus. T Rexes are recognized as the icons of the franchise, while the Spinosaurus is remembered by most casual fans as just that dino that killed a T Rex. And although the Spinosaurus has fans, they are a very small minority when compared to the people who prefer the T Rex (both casual and hardcore fans combined).

So literally the worst thing that could happen if a rematch were to happen is that there could be arguments on the comments section of YouTube videos. I doubt that it will be the same amount of backlash that happened in the first time since last time it was a new dinosaur humilliating the icon of the franchise, while this time it would be the icon of the franchise winning against a dinosaur considered infamous by many.

If anything the rematch is a bonus for the marketing of the movie, because it is a topic that gets everyone talking. They may love or hate the idea, but everyone will talk about it for sure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon May 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Quote :
And although the Spinosaurus has fans, they are a very small minority when compared to the people who prefer the T Rex (both casual and hardcore fans combined).
Because T.rex is a mainstream dinosaur that got a lot of marketing/fame on it's back. Everyone knows it, you don't need to be a dinosaur nut to know it. And in fact, that doesn't mean we can throw away Spinosaurus just bc Spino fans are minority.

That's not how the world works.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   

Back to top Go down

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next