Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Jurassic Park: The Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Levine

PostSubject: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 11:45

What are your thoughts on the 2011 Telltale Games title? Love or hate? Do you consider it canon within the films?

View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 12:49

I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon. I just wish that Telltale had made a solid disk version instead of making it downloadable only.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 14:24

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon. I just wish that Telltale had made a solid disk version instead of making it downloadable only.
What? It was available on disc. That's how I played it.

View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 15:42

@Levine wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
What? It was available on disc. That's how I played it.

It was? Because I have a PS3 and I never saw a disk version at the store I work at.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 16:35

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon.

From what I understand JW didn't render it noncanon nor confirm it. They kind of just skirted around it like they did with TLW and JP3 (obviously they're going to confront those movies in Fallen Kingdom, but still). The only thing that might be a problem with JPTG being canon is that Yoder (I believe that was his name?) ordered the military to blow up Nublar. Of course he dies and perhaps the order never goes through since he doesn't give confirmation that he escaped.

I honestly liked JPTG a lot; it was a good story and while it lacked the pseudo choices that other Telltale games give you, I felt it created a believable expansion to the JP franchise. Plus, I loved the troodons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 25 Oct 2017 - 16:45

@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon.

From what I understand JW didn't render it noncanon nor confirm it. They kind of just skirted around it like they did with TLW and JP3 (obviously they're going to confront those movies in Fallen Kingdom, but still). The only thing that might be a problem with JPTG being canon is that Yoder (I believe that was his name?) ordered the military to blow up Nublar. Of course he dies and perhaps the order never goes through since he doesn't give confirmation that he escaped.

I honestly liked JPTG a lot; it was a good story and while it lacked the pseudo choices that other Telltale games give you, I felt it created a believable expansion to the JP franchise. Plus, I loved the troodons.

I remember Ty saying that JW altered things so much that the game isn't canon anymore. In any case, Costa Rica doesn't have any weapons to bombard Nublar and it doesn't have much of a navy so having them blowing up Nublar wasn't possible from the get go.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 7:09

I really wish to consider it as a canon. Troodon, Tylosaurus, backstory of InGen, Characters and Nublar are so good. But, I can't because of VC front door...

View user profile
JurassiLord445
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 17:02

Its possible that maybe during the time between the phone call with the mainland in the mosasaur exhibit and when the bombs were supposed to be dropped on the island, they decided not to go through with it. However the fact that Gerry didn't look like his film counterpart (as minor as that may be) along with other minor inconsistencies always made the game non-cannon to me. Saying that, the canonicity of everything in the JP franchise (other than the films) has always been up to head-canon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 10:55

Yeah... Gerry's drastic change of appearance makes it difficult for me to consider the game canon. Other than that...
The game is good. I enjoyed it. I think I was 12 when I played it and the ending traumatized me. BILLY! NOOOOOO!
However, one of my finest memories did not come from the game itself, but rather, from a RP I played with DarthMaulLover. Anyone remember that guy? It was literally just the two of us mostly. We had fun.
And that RP inspired me to write a FanFiction that I'm currently uploading on FanFiction.net. *clears throat* Just kidding.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park: The Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: General Dino Gaming-
Jump to: