Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?

Go down 

T-Rex
80%
 80% [ 8 ]
Velociraptors
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Minmi
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 am

There seems to be a lot of debate of what killed the crew of SS Venture in 'The Lost World'. Some say it was the male T-Rex while others are convinced the culprits were a pair of stowaway Raptors. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:43 pm

I voted Rex because that’s definitely what it’s supposed to be. Even though I think it’s dumb and makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:04 pm

That would be pretty impressive if a couple of Raptors managed to find their way on board, kill all the crew, avoid being eaten by the Rex, and then not be seen after the ship crashed in San Diego.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minmi
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 am

I've always thought it was the Rex. He was tranquilized before they left the island, but the amount of tranquilizer he was given caused him to stop breathing, so they had to give him something else to get him breathing again. I think this other drug he was given made the tranquilizer wear off much faster than it should have done. Therefore, he was wide awake well before they reached the mainland, giving him plenty of time to kill the ship's crew. Let's face it, if you had to tranquilize an animal as large as a fully-grown T-Rex, would you know how much tranquilizer to administer to put them to sleep without causing them to stop breathing?

Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 am

It was a camouflaged Carnotaurus that snuck aboard before they left Sorna, and that Carno is still roaming San Diego in disguise to this day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:58 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It was a camouflaged Carnotaurus that snuck aboard before they left Sorna, and that Carno is still roaming San Diego in disguise to this day.

Oh my god this. And we still don’t know where Lockwood Manor is..... maybe it found it’s way there? It would explain the rumor of this animal supposedly being in JW2 XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:35 pm

It was the Rex and had always been the Rex. This was confirmed in an interview with David Koepp a few years back. There were never any Raptors.

Minmi
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 pm

OK, so one of the cast members confirmed it was the Rex. Has anyone ever confirmed what killed the people on the boat at the beginning of Jurassic Park 3?

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 pm

@Minmi wrote:
OK, so one of the cast members confirmed it was the Rex. Has anyone ever confirmed what killed the people on the boat at the beginning of Jurassic Park 3?

I don’t think so but my interpretation has always been the Spino. Why do I say that?

Because one of the main points at the end that’s supposed to be shocking is when it comes out of the water. I think that’s supposed to be your “aha!” Moment when you think back to the boat in the first scene.

Many people disagree but I think that was the intention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
Because one of the main points at the end that’s supposed to be shocking is when it comes out of the water. I think that’s supposed to be your “aha!” Moment when you think back to the boat in the first scene.

I'm not sure if anything in JP3's script was given that level of thought Razz.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minmi
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 am

I assumed maybe it was the Pteranodons, but then I thought: The boat is out on the water and if the Pteranodons attacked, then surely the people in the parasail would have seen them, so could the attacker possibly be a marine reptile like a Mosasaur or Plesiosaur?

eagc7
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am

T-rex, there is even a video on youtube about this matter that i recommedn checking. which gives us an good idea of why it was just the t-rex

even the torn hand has an explenation, as there is concept art of the t-rex attack and there is a huge hole in the place where the captain was, we dont see it in the movie, but we see it in concept art.

Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

I'm not sure if anything in JP3's script was given that level of thought Razz.

Well that was kinda my point haha. It didn’t really make sense for Spino to be out there by that boat. So that is supposed to be your “lightbulb” moment later in the film.

Like for example it is pretty obvious they were so lazy to not even take into account Pteranodons being free on the island in TLW. Otherwise what’s the big deal about showing the cage open and them escaping? That part also never made sense to me. But dumb writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 am

@eagc7 wrote:
T-rex, there is even a video on youtube about this matter that i recommedn checking. which gives us an good idea of why it was just the t-rex

even the torn hand has an explenation, as there is concept art of the t-rex attack and there is a huge hole in the place where the captain was, we dont see it in the movie, but we see it in concept art.

Sweet! Could be get a link please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: