Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Levine

PostSubject: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Personally I would love to the see the Dilophosaur river mating dance be adapted in either Fallen Kingdom or JW3. That scene was always so cool in my mind, particularly because of how nailbiting it was.
Another great scene would be the Carnotaur 'hide and seek' game in TLW with Thorne in the village.
What do you think?

View user profile
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 pm

Looks like we'll be getting one of the most requested elements of the novels, Carnotaurus, in a film after all. Razz

I had always wanted to see Hammond's darker side shown like how it is in the first JP novel. All signs point to Lockwood being a sort of incarnation of that side of him, which I suppose is a good compromise because I did always like film Hammond just being a kind old granddad.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
"When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good, ya gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."- 11th Doctor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm

You guys know what I want. Biosyn and dark and edgy Dodgson.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:

I still say that Dr. Wu should be a spy for Biosyn and gets revealed in JW3/JP6.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:

Same here! I've been hoping for months that Ted Levine was a much older Lewis Dodgson, but so far (unless he's using a false name) that might not be the case. Bayona and Trevorrow have read both the Crichton novels, so it stands to reason that they could integrate him as the man orchestrating the downfall of JW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

*checks off Carnotaurus*
The question is, does it have camouflage capabilities?

View user profile
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 pm

@Levine wrote:
*checks off Carnotaurus*

I hope so. Tyrant Lizard suggested that's why Blue freaked out in the trailer - she sees the camouflaged Carno before Owen does.

Open, says smug:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 am

@SmugTheFab wrote:
@Levine wrote:
*checks off Carnotaurus*

I hope so. Tyrant Lizard suggested that's why Blue freaked out in the trailer - she sees the camouflaged Carno before Owen does.

To be fair, somebody else came up with that hypothesis. I just piggybacked off of it.

But yeah, that would kinda make perfect sense, and give the Carno a bigger scene.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?   

Back to top Go down

Novel elements you want to be given the 'movie treatment'?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1