Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is Lowery to blame?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Is Lowery to blame?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:31 am

So... Lowery. He has presumably been employed at the park for years by the time we meet him. During this time, JW had been operating at a satisfactory level with no major incidents having occurred, or at least been publicly known. Smooth sailing, right?

Well, on the particular day that Jurassic World took place on, Lowery decided to sport his newly prized original Jurassic Park shirt. The film also reminds us of the test run of the original JP's events and that "a lot of people died that day". What a strange coincidence, I think.

Who/What is to blame for the events on that fateful day at the happy-go-lucky JW theme park? Was it Lowery himself (There's a small chance that he had been plotting a diabolical scheme, and enacted on it by withholding the I.rex's true location)? Was it the curse of the original park that had re-awakened once it found a home within the fabrics of Lowery's JP t-shirt? Was it the t-shirt itself that had a pre-existing curse attached to it that wreaked havoc only when certain conditions were met? Perhaps a combination of these things... ?

Or, maybe. Just maybe. It was this guy!:
Spoiler:

Unexplained things have a tendency to happen whenever he appears, and we know that he and danger are always in close proximity. He in himself is a mystery, and he just may have been at the park that day as well. That... I guess we'll never know, because he's a sly one.

It's all complicated, I know. But... if we take these things into some consideration, would it make it more believable that so many forces could have aligned themselves at just the right time to cause a less-than-pleasant -- or even dreadful -- day at the park for so many? When looked at this way, Jurassic World makes for a much more tolerable viewing experience for me. Perhaps, dare I say, even brilliant.

Genius writing. It was only a matter of time before any form of answer would be revealed, albeit, very subtly.

Anyway, some very favorable ingredients just so happened to come together within a very short time to create widespread terror on Nublar. Anyone else have any ideas? Or, was it just Lowery having a not-so-fun day... ?

Last edited by LostWorld on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Is Lowery to blame?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Oh heck.

I want to believe this - I really do - but I don't feel like Lowery is the type of guy who would do something like yes.

Not to mention, this theory, if true, completely changes my view on Lowery. And makes me like him less, if just a little bit. Laughing

I dunno, it's entirely possible. The puzzle pieces do fit quite well. I guess if he is the mastermind, we'll probably hear about it in Fallen Kingdom. Until then, it's just a theory. Still quite an interesting one.

Open, says smug:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Is Lowery to blame?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm

I wish I could believe in this theory, but as stated, this needs more proof. This can include specific character actions, interactions with other characters, and so forth. It's probably going to take a bit more than the JP T-shirt = bad luck charm to prove this case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Is Lowery to blame?   Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 am

What better way to cover Lowery's own tracks than to assist in resolving a situation that he himself had a hand in creating?

After some closer examination, I think that the audience was being shown the beginnings of who (Lowery) will become the "final boss" of the Jurassic film series.

He wasn't the most respected guy at work -- Claire had a history of dismissing him and not respecting him equally as a person. A potential love interest lead him on but ultimately had other stuff going on that didn't include him (the last straw to send him spiraling down further into madness... ?). Owen knocked his "just enough stability" collection all over the place (symbolism... ?). And we know that he despises hybrid creatures, and the operations at JW were going more in that direction in spite of his wishes. Those few happenings could be viewed as motive enough that built up over some time. Our last shot of him was one of a person that missed an opportunity and conceded that it'll all have to wait for another day.

The real scheme couldn't be realized because "this guy, Hoskins" just so happened to have plans of his own and got in the way. Even so, maybe some seeds were planted here to be used in a future plot. There's a potential there for another films antagonist!

In all seriousness, this is all just for some light fun. Razz

... or, is something actually there... Question

Edit: After some more thought, I'm going back to the original idea -- Original JP t-shirt worn by Lowery cursed the new park on that day is the most probable.

... then Geraldo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Lowery to blame?   

Back to top Go down

Is Lowery to blame?
Page 1 of 1