Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
63%
 63% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
16%
 16% [ 9 ]
Looks good!
9%
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 57

AuthorMessage
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 pm

The fact that they spoiled the cliffhanger ending is just obscene. Now audiences will sit in the theater and by the third act, everyone will know the Mosasaur doesn’t show up within FK’s storyline, and will quickly and correctly deduce that it appears as a cliffhanger ending. It’s misleading and spoiling at the same time, just like the infamous Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rhino “fight.” Not a good thing to be comparable to Sony Pictures, Universal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:29 pm

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
The fact that they spoiled the cliffhanger ending is just obscene. Now audiences will sit in the theater and by the third act, everyone will know the Mosasaur doesn’t show up within FK’s storyline, and will quickly and correctly deduce that it appears as a cliffhanger ending. It’s misleading and spoiling at the same time, just like the infamous Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rhino “fight.” Not a good thing to be comparable to Sony Pictures, Universal.

How come everyone is talking like this is confirmed to be the cliffhanger ending? Actually, who confirmed there is even a cliffhanger? The music? They never said cliffhanger, they just said "what a way to end a film" implying that the particular scene the music accompanies is the end of an act or conflict, not specifically the very last scene or shot of the film. I could be wrong, but I think people take what Colin and J.A. say way too literally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@BoulderFaceplant wrote:

How come everyone is talking like this is confirmed to be the cliffhanger ending? Actually, who confirmed there is even a cliffhanger? The music? They never said cliffhanger, they just said "what a way to end a film" implying that the particular scene the music accompanies is the end of an act or conflict, not specifically the very last scene or shot of the film. I could be wrong, but I think people take what Colin and J.A. say way too literally.

I just can’t think what it could possibly cut to. Like imagine if that’s in the middle of the film. We randomly cut there to see the Mosa escaped and has been swimming far enough to to reach a beach? Then we cut back to our main hero’s dealing with Lockwood manor. I feel like that would be a plot the audience would expect to see again throughout the movie. And maybe there’s a huge surprise and there is an ongoing crisis with it escaping.

I just can’t imagine that scene not being in the last ten minutes.

Edit: also i feel it’s a very poor move to confirm to the audience that the Mosa has escaped. Yes I know they slipped online, but the vast majority of people wouldn’t know that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 pm

@baryonyx7 wrote:
How do you know Rexy is stil on Nublar?

You can see the smoke from the volcano in the background when she's waking up.

And yes, that would be a Terminator: Genysys sized mistake if they revealed the cliffhanger ending to FK in the pre-trailer trailer xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 pm

It’s disrespectful to the filmmakers and audiences to do what Universal is obviously doing. You can tell by the jaws-like music and how loud it gets that the orchestra piece refers to the mosasaurus attack. Also at the very beginning of it there is an upbeat note, signifying where FK’s story ends in a happy place before cutting to the Mosasaur and getting ominous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:24 pm

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
It’s disrespectful to the filmmakers and audiences to do what Universal is obviously doing. You can tell by the jaws-like music and how loud it gets that the orchestra piece refers to the mosasaurus attack. Also at the very beginning of it there is an upbeat note, signifying where FK’s story ends in a happy place before cutting to the Mosasaur and getting ominous.

Agreed. At this rate they're going to start showing deaths in trailers, and im strongly suspecting the next trailer will show us how toby jones and rafe spall will die now.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:41 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@baryonyx7 wrote:

And yes, that would be a Terminator: Genysys sized mistake if they revealed the cliffhanger ending to FK in the pre-trailer trailer xD

That’s what I thought. But to play devils advocate I wonder if they could be on the boat and we are seeing smoke from far away? Remember there is that one shot in the trailer where we see the island burning in the background with dinosaurs on board. Maybe Rexy is being stored on the top deck of the boat?

Probably not but still.

I wish they didn’t show so much of Rexy. That scene looks awesome but still haha. It really kills me to think she may not make it off the island
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:45 am

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:

I might be wrong, but if I recall correctly it was never outright stated that the track we heard was the final track 100%. I think people assumed it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:33 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
That’s what I thought. But to play devils advocate I wonder if they could be on the boat and we are seeing smoke from far away? Remember there is that one shot in the trailer where we see the island burning in the background with dinosaurs on board. Maybe Rexy is being stored on the top deck of the boat?

Probably not but still.

I wish they didn’t show so much of Rexy. That scene looks awesome but still haha. It really kills me to think she may not make it off the island

It would make for a really awesome scene if Rexy woke up on the boat while it was already leaving the island. They can't leave her on the island because they're already on their way back and the island is engulfed in flames, Rexy causes havoc on the boat and takes out a few people before they're finally able to tranq her. I would love that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:52 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

Probably not but still.

It would make for a really awesome scene if Rexy woke up on the boat while it was already leaving the island. They can't leave her on the island because they're already on their way back and the island is engulfed in flames, Rexy causes havoc on the boat and takes out a few people before they're finally able to tranq her. I would love that.

This!. All while being a nice little reminiscent to the boat scene in TLW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:03 am

@Troyal1 wrote:

Kill everyone on the boat and then somehow lock itself back up? Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:10 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

Kill everyone on the boat and then somehow lock itself back up? Laughing

Yeah everything gets really quiet and Owen looks around the corner to see the obligatory TLW severed hand on the wheel, and then Rexy is back to sleep. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 am

Wow that mosa scene came out of left field (for me atleast) and its quite scary. This is probably my favorite tease so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@BoulderFaceplant wrote:

I might be wrong, but if I recall correctly it was never outright stated that the track we heard was the final track 100%.  I think people assumed it is.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:31 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@baryonyx7 wrote:

Weren't there some pictures a while back from Pinewood Studios with some banged-up cars in the street? I would imagine this means the rex at least gets to the mainland but then a baryonyx or carnotaurus could have done the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJD7jZqZEk
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

Well that was completely and thoroughly awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 am

I surprisingly enjoyed the humor in this trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 am

Only thing I didn’t like was Blue doing a tailspin to that guy and trex roar being changed(that can’t be final right?).

Other than that holy spoilers! Amazing but spoilers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am

Looks like
Spoiler:

(breathes sigh of relief)

CGI for the most part looks awesome. Indoraptor scary as all hell. The cinematography looks absolutely gorgeous. And yeah, the couple of humorous bits were actually more funny than cringey this time around.

Great trailer. Very spoilery, but great nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am

Is the trailer too spoilery? I want to watch the trailer but at the same time I want to go into the cinema with virtually no idea what to expect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:29 am

@Gondrasia wrote:
Is the trailer too spoilery? I want to watch the trailer but at the same time I want to go into the cinema with virtually no idea what to expect.
Yes. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to go unspoiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 am

So my theory about Zia being some level of involved in the conspiracy...

final trailer, on the beach Claire says "it was all a lie" and when Blue is on the table, Owen mentions in front of Claire, Zia and Franklin that they're going to sell the dinos, and Zia says "not Blue"

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:39 am

"It was all a lie!"

I told you so!!

I'm just happy this trailer vindicated what I had been hinting at for months, that Mills (Rafe Spall) and possibly Lockwood duped Claire and the DPG into going to Nublar. As far as spoilers go, people who didn't know what we hardcore folks already knew will probably not be keen on the amount of spoiler material shown, but this gives us a good idea of what the movie is and what to expect. I think its the best trailer we've gotten so far.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

Oh shit. I realized what Zia says. "Not Blue, they need her for somethign else."

SHIT. She was in on the plan all along wasnt she?

Also. SAME scene Owen says "Hey Blue" and cut to blue coming out of the cage....

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/986630883162468352

You can clearly see Zia behidn the cage with a shocked expression.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 am

Dont care what anyone says, they've managed to turn a Jurassic Park film into a horror movie and I love it

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

The cinematography in this thing is absolutely stunning. Every shot is a money shot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Everyone is saying that it is too spoilery and I agree to some extent but I am surprised that they haven't shown anything with the
Spoiler:

yet considering how much it appears in the merchandise.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Okay, now that I had watched the trailer multiple times, I need to discuss a few things with you guys.

Why are Claire and Owen inside Rexy's cage? What they want to do? Is Rexy sick or something? I see they are still on the boat when they enter there.

Is Mills (played by Rafe Spall) a CEO of an unknow company? How Lockwood ties with that? Are they partners?

Why Zia says that "they need Blue for something"? Does that means Wu needs her to clone another raptors or use her genes on another Indoraptor, since Blue is the ONLY Velociraptor know that formed a bond with a human (Owen)?

Who's the person oppening the embryos case? Wu? Is that bone he's looking at Indominus' bone?

Why is Mills looking at that Indominus (?) hologram? Is he discussing the implications on Indoraptor with Wu?

Is it just me or Indoraptor is really "obsessed" into hunting down the little girl (Maisie)? And it appears to me she enters her room from the window. She can open stuff up and climb stairs. Badass indeed.

And now the most interesting thing I noticed  Laughing

Wu has a picture of Indoraptor/Indominus in his lab.

Spoiler:

Indeed. The trailer is AWESOME. EPIC. I loved that they foccused on the conspiracy and Indoraptor. She's the star of the movie IMO. Loved that they FINALLY put Wu in the trailer, he deserved more.

The only complains are the fact that I still don't like Owen and Blue's relationship (and I think I never will) and the fact that they are hiding Lockwood and Stigy from the trailer, but I can understand why the latter is being kept a secret.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Universal needs to pull an infinity war and release it on the 12th in the USA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: