Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

New report claims Grant is in!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 pm

I have no idea how accurate this is, but...

Quote :
Now, take this with a big grain of salt, but according to a source for our good friend Mr. Sunday Movies, Sam Neill may have actually paid a visit to Pinewood Studios in London - or Shepperton Studios to be exact - in late August, which is coincidentally exactly where J.A. Bayona filmed Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. He reportedly arrived via a blacked out van and was apparently sporting the same look as his Hunt for the Wilderpeople character, which, in layman's terms, means he probably had a beard.

Could he be testifying at the same court as Malcolm?

Here's the article in question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm

It would be certainly interesting. But if it's true, I'm going to be quite mad actually, because it would have been so cool to see him in the film without knowing beforehand.

I don't know, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Open, says smug:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Even it's for a brief cameo role, it would be nice to know that JP3 wouldn't be his final JP movie. Besides, between both of them, we are sure to get at least one reference to Isla Sorna. Hopefully, each will give us one reference.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darksteel
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

I'll admit, I am hoping this is wrong as Grant made it clear he wanted nothing to do with the dinosaurs on Sorna, and Nublar for that matter, and likely wouldn't care a bit if they died out.

Especially after the events of JP3. To me, it just wouldn't make sense for him to appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm

@Darksteel wrote:
I'll admit, I am hoping this is wrong as Grant made it clear he wanted nothing to do with the dinosaurs on Sorna, and Nublar for that matter, and likely wouldn't care a bit if they died out.

Especially after the events of JP3. To me, it just wouldn't make sense for him to appear.

Considering how the U.S. government is involved-the U.S. military protects the other islands like Sorna and the American government uses to Monroe Doctrine to basically keep out other nations from it's hemisphere-Grant really didn't have a choice. It was either go on his own free will, be forced to go via court order, or get thrown in jail.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darksteel
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Darksteel wrote:

Considering how the U.S. government is involved-the U.S. military protects the other islands like Sorna and the American government uses to Monroe Doctrine to basically keep out other nations from it's hemisphere-Grant really didn't have a choice. It was either go on his own free will, be forced to go via court order, or get thrown in jail.

Possibly, we will need to wait and see. I just don't want pointless fan service in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 am

For some reason I see possible connection between this rumor and Jake Johnson appearance "typo". Think about it: Lowery is huge fan of the original park - maybe at some point od the movie he will have to get on touch with people that have seen it themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Ewwwww.

Where's Laura Dern then? I'll be incredible pissed off if they don't bring her back. I love Ellie Sattler and she deservers to be back more than the star duo.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I don't think it's happening, why keep it so hidden? Malcolm is getting the spotlight and making the blog rounds but he'll likely only be there for a few minutes at the hearing and that's it, not a bigger role than Hammond in TLW.

If Grant does appear I would be delighted even if it's only for some quick and short dialog at the hearing and even if Malcolm gets more spotlight.

@IllOrfanato wrote:
For some reason I see possible connection between this rumor and Jake Johnson appearance "typo". Think about it: Lowery is huge fan of the original park - maybe at some point od the movie he will have to get on touch with people that have seen it themselves.

Maybe the connection is that neither of them are true.

View user profile http://miscrave.com
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Sam Neil confirmed to an Australian newspaper last week he is NOT in it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm

If he being on set was kept top secret, he definitely isnt going to confirm he's in until the movie opens.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:14 am

The original report said he was seen at Pinewood at August which makes so sense as Jeff shot his scenes in the courtroom in late May/early June & filming finished on the film in early July in Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 am

Universal did want to bring both Grant and Sattler back in some capacity so I wouldn't rule that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 pm

He might be in, but it will most likely only be for a surprise cameo like Malcolm will be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:11 pm

If Jeff got officially announced, why not Sam then too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
If Jeff got officially announced, why not Sam then too?

Because Jeff was on the set for a whole week indicating his role is NOT a cameo. I would bet something like Robert Downey Junior in Spider-Man:Homecoming as reference.

And if Sam was indeed for a while there, then his role could be really brief (eg. like Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street movie). Plus you dont want to blow the whole surprise package just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 am

Malcolm originally had a much bigger role and was even supposed to be on the Arcadia boat, so...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:15 pm

@Sobek wrote:
Malcolm originally had a much bigger role and was even supposed to be on the Arcadia boat, so...

I'm so glad his role will be small. No lies, I want my new fav characters to be flashed out. And Wu too, of course.

Anyway, I want Ellie Sattler back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 pm

@Sobek wrote:

What’s the Arcadia boat?

Also hi, I feel like you know more than meets the eye Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:40 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sobek wrote:

What’s the Arcadia boat?

Also hi, I feel like you know more than meets the eye Shocked

It's Claire ship (or was supposed to be early on) that they will be using to transport the dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 pm

I think it's Lockwood's ships/boats now! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markymint
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 am

Well, in it or not, there was still a couple in the audience that could pass as the 1993 "back of" Grant & Sattler Wink Though take your pick which one is Sattler, left or right lol

http://www.screen7.co.uk/junc/jpfk1.jpg

In fact, you might almost postulate that we have, from left to right, Sattler, Grant, Lex, Tim, then a couple of lawyers Wink If things are amazing, then each of these gives a testimony, interspersed throughout the action of the film... ha!

http://www.screen7.co.uk/junc/jpfk2.jpg

Malcolm and his daughter make a perfect pair for a testimony of Sorna, as do the others for Nublar. Wishful thinking, I know Wink but kinda spooky how they match up lol

In theory, around the events of JP3 jurassic park on nublar was effectively closed, or being rebuilt? Audience reaction to Grant in JP3 shows how popular Jurassic Park the place was, and the folks who survived it, but Grant was able to perform lectures, lead a fairly under the spotlight life. Once World was opened, the hype and people probably loved JP even more, and you'd imagine the nublar survivors would have if not already sort of achieved celebrity status. By F.K. time Jurassic Park has failed for a 2nd time, so park failure is in everyone's minds fresh, making the original Nublar survivors even more relevant to everything especially at the time of this court case, I'd imagine. My point is that, there could be a case for Malcolm's court scene to not be completely disjointed from the rest of Fallen Kingdom or void of other cameos. There is still a chance it isn't just a scene, but a set of scenes, perhaps with others, even if it's just vince vaughn lol. By which I mean, people might arrive under papparazi showing us how the "world" reacts to Malcolm (also a best selling author by this point I assume) and maybe others? "The Dinosaur Man" (for Grant) probably became an actual meme during the social media frenzy of Jurassic World... LOL. The only thing holding this theory back in my mind, is the kids in JW giving the original visitor center etc not a second thought. Whilst everyone else seems to be fascinated by the 93 version of the park, those 2 kids don't. Filming wise, I can't see why any of them (even Ariana & Joseph) wouldn't accept to do a very small cameo. They don't do acting anymore but I also think they don't completely disregard their "roots" as it were, esp not to JP franchise.

All that said haha, "uncredited cameos" seem to be a thing of the past. Not even Ingen could save them. But they sure are a cool tool when used right. bad example, Bruce Willis in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, lol. Uncredited, playing effectively John McClane.

Well, even if they're not, we can thank the cosmos for lining up a bunch of extras in a way that they are there, at that court hearing, in spirit Smile

(there are supposed to be images above but they don't seem to be showing, so I've included a direct link)

Last edited by markymint on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : img fix)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:10 pm

@markymint wrote:
Well, in it or not, there was still a couple in the audience that could pass as the 1993 "back of" Grant & Sattler Wink Though take your pick which one is Sattler, left or right lol

http://www.screen7.co.uk/junc/jpfk1.jpg

In fact, you might almost postulate that we have, from left to right, Sattler, Grant, Lex, Tim, then a couple of lawyers Wink If things are amazing, then each of these gives a testimony, interspersed throughout the action of the film... ha!

http://www.screen7.co.uk/junc/jpfk2.jpg

Malcolm and his daughter make a perfect pair for a testimony of Sorna, as do the others for Nublar. Wishful thinking, I know Wink but kinda spooky how they match up lol

In theory, around the events of JP3 jurassic park on nublar was effectively closed, or being rebuilt? Audience reaction to Grant in JP3 shows how popular Jurassic Park the place was, and the folks who survived it, but Grant was able to perform lectures, lead a fairly under the spotlight life. Once World was opened, the hype and people probably loved JP even more, and you'd imagine the nublar survivors would have if not already sort of achieved celebrity status. By F.K. time Jurassic Park has failed for a 2nd time, so park failure is in everyone's minds fresh, making the original Nublar survivors even more relevant to everything especially at the time of this court case, I'd imagine. My point is that, there could be a case for Malcolm's court scene to not be completely disjointed from the rest of Fallen Kingdom or void of other cameos. There is still a chance it isn't just a scene, but a set of scenes, perhaps with others, even if it's just vince vaughn lol. By which I mean, people might arrive under papparazi showing us how the "world" reacts to Malcolm (also a best selling author by this point I assume) and maybe others? "The Dinosaur Man" (for Grant) probably became an actual meme during the social media frenzy of Jurassic World... LOL. The only thing holding this theory back in my mind, is the kids in JW giving the original visitor center etc not a second thought. Whilst everyone else seems to be fascinated by the 93 version of the park, those 2 kids don't. Filming wise, I can't see why any of them (even Ariana & Joseph) wouldn't accept to do a very small cameo. They don't do acting anymore but I also think they don't completely disregard their "roots" as it were, esp not to JP franchise.

All that said haha, "uncredited cameos" seem to be a thing of the past. Not even Ingen could save them. But they sure are a cool tool when used right. bad example, Bruce Willis in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, lol. Uncredited, playing effectively John McClane.

Well, even if they're not, we can thank the cosmos for lining up a bunch of extras in a way that they are there, at that court hearing, in spirit Smile

(there are supposed to be images above but they don't seem to be showing, so I've included a direct link)

Funny, I showed this same image here as possible evidence of their cameo and people passed it off like it was nothing...Now I bet everyone will notice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New report claims Grant is in!   

Back to top Go down

New report claims Grant is in!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: