Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 JWFK Opening sequence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 72
Points : 707
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-11-06
Location : Tokio, Italy

PostSubject: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 am

So the first 3 Jurassic Park films began with a tragedy that basically set up the rest of the movie. With Jurassic World we didn't get that, they broke tradition and instead we got a fake out by "tricking us" which I hated.


What should JW:FK do? Go back to the traditional "event" that happens before the film starts or should the fake out be the new recurring theme of the new trilogy?

_______________
Follow me on Twitter @0sdp
Jurassic June @ Miscrave.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miscrave.com
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus


Posts : 196
Points : 785
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 am

Well, for one, JW’s opening sequence was the hatching of the Indominus Rex. That in itself is a tragedy as it is the first step of bad intentions coming to fruition. The crow foot was a transition, and one of the highlights of the movie btw.

Fallen Kingdom will open with a rainy sequence where a helicopter drops a small submarine into the lagoon to ratrieve the remains of the Indominus Rex, which will encompass at least one tragedy: they’ve gotten the materials to make another monster. Probably another tragedy in the Mosasaurus killing someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:31 am

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Well, for one, JW’s opening sequence was the hatching of the Indominus Rex. That in itself is a tragedy as it is the first step of bad intentions coming to fruition. The crow foot was a transition, and one of the highlights of the movie btw.

Fallen Kingdom will open with a rainy sequence where a helicopter drops a small submarine into the lagoon to ratrieve the remains of the Indominus Rex, which will encompass at least one tragedy: they’ve gotten the materials to make another monster. Probably another tragedy in the Mosasaurus killing someone.

Yes.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1377
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:22 pm

@Sobek wrote:
@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Well, for one, JW’s opening sequence was the hatching of the Indominus Rex. That in itself is a tragedy as it is the first step of bad intentions coming to fruition. The crow foot was a transition, and one of the highlights of the movie btw.

Fallen Kingdom will open with a rainy sequence where a helicopter drops a small submarine into the lagoon to ratrieve the remains of the Indominus Rex, which will encompass at least one tragedy: they’ve gotten the materials to make another monster. Probably another tragedy in the Mosasaurus killing someone.

Yes.

Spoiler:
 

Could be the scariest scene in the movie. It NEEDS to be set at night with full rain and lightning. I reckon Bayona is gonna make that scene amazing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 582
Points : 1381
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Yes, FK's opening will be EPIC by the sounds of it, the scene reportedly takes place not long after JW's events, in the days/weeks following the closure of the park. It will be a prologue of sorts, James Bond style according to Bayona.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 72
Points : 707
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-11-06
Location : Tokio, Italy

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:27 pm

I was not aware that any info on the opening scene of FK was already out.

Still then it's only going to be JW that didn't start with a "tragedy", no I don't consider the Indominus just being boring as one, that's stretching.

_______________
Follow me on Twitter @0sdp
Jurassic June @ Miscrave.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miscrave.com
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1642
Points : 2502
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:27 pm

@sdp wrote:
I was not aware that any info on the opening scene of FK was already out.

Still then it's only going to be JW that didn't start with a "tragedy", no I don't consider the Indominus just being boring as one, that's stretching.
I mean besides the bond quote there really isn’t any official info.... but...(opening spoiler discussion inside.)

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1299
Points : 3717
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Plus in the featurette that 'thing' Wu is looking at in the lab?

Spoiler:
 

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1354
Points : 2183
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 am

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Well, for one, JW’s opening sequence was the hatching of the Indominus Rex. That in itself is a tragedy as it is the first step of bad intentions coming to fruition. The crow foot was a transition, and one of the highlights of the movie btw.

Fallen Kingdom will open with a rainy sequence where a helicopter drops a small submarine into the lagoon to ratrieve the remains of the Indominus Rex, which will encompass at least one tragedy: they’ve gotten the materials to make another monster. Probably another tragedy in the Mosasaurus killing someone.

With Henry Wu in the submarine like a badass. Cool


(Let me dream guys)

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4186
Points : 5137
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:05 pm

I still find this to be a big plot hole: I mean, wouldn't one think that Wu should have backup DNA of I. rex SOMEWHERE in his lab? Not only that, but he could have extracted some from that hunk of flesh I. rex removed in order to remove her tracking device.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 113
Points : 889
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2016-06-14
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:16 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I still find this to be a big plot hole: I mean, wouldn't one think that Wu should have backup DNA of I. rex SOMEWHERE in his lab? Not only that, but he could have extracted some from that hunk of flesh I. rex removed in order to remove her tracking device.

Perhaps Dr. Wu wanted to use the DNA from the only Indominus that reached adulthood, as a way of guaranteeing a successful hatching for his new project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4186
Points : 5137
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:21 pm

@Gondrasia wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I still find this to be a big plot hole: I mean, wouldn't one think that Wu should have backup DNA of I. rex SOMEWHERE in his lab? Not only that, but he could have extracted some from that hunk of flesh I. rex removed in order to remove her tracking device.

Perhaps Dr. Wu wanted to use the DNA from the only Indominus that reached adulthood, as a way of guaranteeing a successful hatching for his new project.

I. rex looked full grown to me, or at least 90%+ grown.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1377
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 pm

The tracking implant would be hard to find, plus nobody probably mentioned it to Wu after the ACU were killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 582
Points : 1381
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
The tracking implant would be hard to find, plus nobody probably mentioned it to Wu after the ACU were killed.

Didn't Owen have the chuck of I-rex flesh with him just before they released the Raptors? I think he let the Raptors sniff it out at the cage doors?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1377
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
The tracking implant would be hard to find, plus nobody probably mentioned it to Wu after the ACU were killed.

Didn't Owen have the chuck of I-rex flesh with him just before they released the Raptors? I think he let the Raptors sniff it out at the cage doors?

Well when the Raptors went crazy they probably dropped it somewhere
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm

There's another thing that supposedly happens during the opening scene that will have major consequences for the next movie (and no, it doesn't involve hybrids).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1354
Points : 2183
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah, but there's also the lab, if Wu forgot to get the I.rex DNA, he could go back to his lab and get it. I mean, if he returns in a few hours after JW.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1377
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 pm

@Sobek wrote:
There's another thing that supposedly happens during the opening scene that will have major consequences for the next movie (and no, it doesn't involve hybrids).

and what's that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 582
Points : 1381
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 am

@Sobek wrote:
There's another thing that supposedly happens during the opening scene that will have major consequences for the next movie (and no, it doesn't involve hybrids).

Where did u hear that? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 40
Points : 478
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-08
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 pm

@Sobek wrote:
There's another thing that supposedly happens during the opening scene that will have major consequences for the next movie (and no, it doesn't involve hybrids).

Mosasaurus in the ocean? Speculating here.

I'd love that. Would be amazing knowing it free in the sea, but letting it to be explored only in the third movie.
But I don't see how it is possible. The lagoon is probably not connected to the ocean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 582
Points : 1381
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Yeah I doubt the lagoon is connected to the ocean as it is a man made lagoon & also this prologue scene happens supposedly 4 years before the events of FK so I doubt a Mosasaurus in the ocean would go unnoticed for 4 years!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 pm

There might be underwater tunnels somewhere. They might assume Mosa is dead when in reality it left the island. Let's wait and see.

---

I doubt the Mosa would go unnoticed too, but then again how believable is Wu actually forgetting / losing the Indominus rex DNA when he left the island??? The movie supposedly takes place one day after JW, surely the DNA would still be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1123
Points : 2043
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

@Sobek wrote:
There might be underwater tunnels somewhere. They might assume Mosa is dead when in reality it left the island. Let's wait and see.

---

I doubt the Mosa would go unnoticed too, but then again how believable is Wu actually forgetting / losing the Indominus rex DNA when he left the island??? The movie supposedly takes place one day after JW, surely the DNA would still be there.

I dunno, man. From an in-universe perspective, an underwater tunnel connecting to the lagoon would be a "Hole in the Death Star that causes the whole station to explode" sized error on the part of the JW staff Laughing

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth



Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 113
Points : 889
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2016-06-14
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Also why bother connecting the Jurassic World Lagoon with Mosasaurus sized pipes to the ocean, instead of pumping in artificial salt water? It would be a lot cheaper and safer in-universe and more plausible in terms of the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 40
Points : 478
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-08
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:57 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
Yeah I doubt the lagoon is connected to the ocean as it is a man made lagoon & also this prologue scene happens supposedly 4 years before the events of FK so I doubt a Mosasaurus in the ocean would go unnoticed for 4 years!

You're right, I forgot about that.
But I'm confident that at some point the franchise will bring a marine repile to the ocean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus


Posts : 113
Points : 581
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:14 am

It would be fun to have the third movie begin somehow like second book and first version of JP3 script. Imagine: corpses od whales and sharks are found on beaches in Costa Rica and locals are trying to find out what kills them...

When it comes to JWFK beginning sequence - I wonder if filmmakers will use scenes deleted from previous movie. Namely the ones showing park visitors witnessing the final fight from the distance. This way we could transfer directly to the helicopter scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:00 am

Guys, it's Jurassic World we're talking about.

Spoiler:
 

JW was full of contrived plot points and this one will be no different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus


Posts : 113
Points : 581
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

If something destroys obstacles between Lagoon and river connected to the ocean, then this might work. Otherwise not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1377
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 am

Oh no, I can already see the backlash from fans and audiences. Get ready for hundreds of pretentious videos titled "Why Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" Sucks"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4186
Points : 5137
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Ever since JP3, this franchise has become Plot Hole City. Is it really too much to ask to have a movie/animated cartoon that takes place between JP3 and JW in order to explain/fill in all, or at least most, of these plot holes?

And no. Sorry. How Universal is doing it via all its internet sites is just too lazy and half-hearted for me. Not only that, but given how they tried to say the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino, I don't trust any of that. If anything else, the 'clarification' via the Dino Protection Group, was more of backtracking then anything else.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: JWFK Opening sequence   

Back to top Go down
 
JWFK Opening sequence
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: