Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:34 pm

I agree i would like someone that has proven themselves and has experience dealing with visual effects. This may be the last film in the franchise and I don't think it would be a smart choice to pick someone with little to no experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:26 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
I agree i would like someone that has proven themselves and has experience dealing with visual effects. This may be the last film in the franchise and I don't think it would be a smart choice to pick someone with little to no experience.

Exactly. It needs to get everything “right” about Jurassic Park and provide an emotional sendoff for the fans.

I new director could make a masterpiece and a experienced director could mess up, but it’s an awfully big gamble to chose the former imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:13 pm

A female director can bring good press, but she can also make a good movie, you know...
But regardless the gender, I like that they're giving the franchise to people who aren't on the mainstream yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 pm

@brunofernando wrote:
A female director can bring good press, but she can also make a good movie, you know...
But regardless the gender, I like that they're giving the franchise to people who aren't on the mainstream yet.

I feel like you aren’t understanding my posts. It has nothing to do with gender. I would like someone with experience to do it. Regardless of gender. Bayona is not “mainstream” but they can be confident he will probably make a good film based on the fact that he has made 3 very well received films and has experience with practical effects and CGI.

I just don’t think they should risk the finale on new talent. That is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 am

yea I have no problem with a female director, but she would need experience with handling a large project like this and practical/digital effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:57 am

If we do take these sites as canon, then I have to ask. Why in the world didn't Masrani just pay Wu more money to make new dinosaurs? It would make far more sense to make new ones for the new park rather then just wipe out Sorna's dinosaur population.

Universal really does seem to be making crap up as they go along via these sites.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
If we do take these sites as canon, then I have to ask. Why in the world didn't Masrani just pay Wu more money to make new dinosaurs? It would make far more sense to make new ones for the new park rather then just wipe out Sorna's dinosaur population.

Universal really does seem to be making crap up as they go along via these sites.
Because, just like Hammond in JP, "spare no expense" is a lie. And they didn't wipe out Sorna's dinosaur population anyway. Where are people getting this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Easy, why spend millions attempting to clone animals that will have little to no chance successfully hatching and surviving into adulthood when there’s another island filled with both adults and juveniles that can be easily captured and transported?

Also it would kill two birds with one stone, Masrani Global saves money in the long term by reusing assets for their theme park and gets rid of the illegal tourism and poaching problems as Isla Nublar is the only island with dinosaurs and is now a legal attraction for tourists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:27 am

@Gondrasia wrote:

Also it would kill two birds with one stone, Masrani Global saves money in the long term by reusing assets for their theme park and gets rid of the illegal tourism and poaching problems as Isla Nublar is the only island with dinosaurs and is now a legal attraction for tourists.
The Masrani site implies that there are still some dinosaurs in Sorna being poached as of 2015, so they didn't quite get rid of that problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
@Gondrasia wrote:

The Masrani site implies that there are still some dinosaurs in Sorna being poached as of 2015, so they didn't quite get rid of that problem.

But how can their be poached when the U.S. military is still protecting the islands? One would think they would have stepped things up after JP3.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Because it would be expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 pm

I’m worried we’re going to have characters saying, “If this Island blows up, the dinosaurs will be extinct again.” This would confirm Site B to be barren. Screw that. They don’t have to reference Site B, though I prefer they would, but they shouldn’t just trash The Lost World’s ending either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Anyone else think that shot of Claire with the rifle is her dealing the final blow to the Indoraptor? Could do a cool little character moment where she's hesitant to shoot it because of her moral standpoint and all the work she's done to protect these animals throughout the film, but must accept that this is no real Dinosaur and shoots it to save Owen and Maisie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

"making crap up as they go along"? you mean expanding the lore? We have to remember that it is fans that are running these sites so we can't just point every finger at universal like its some organization that has grudge against the lost world
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Anyone else think that shot of Claire with the rifle is her dealing the final blow to the Indoraptor? Could do a cool little character moment where she's hesitant to shoot it because of her moral standpoint and all the work she's done to protect these animals throughout the film, but must accept that this is no real Dinosaur and shoots it to save Owen and Maisie.
I could imagine her shooting the glass underneath the indoraptor, cuasing it to fall into the room where that triceratops skull is located and then the killing blow would be indo falling on the horns. The way the lego set was set up and the previous leak about a raptor dying via horns make me think this is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:17 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I could imagine her shooting the glass underneath the indoraptor, cuasing it to fall into the room where that triceratops skull is located and then the killing blow would be indo falling on the horns. The way the lego set was set up and the previous leak about a raptor dying via horns make me think this is possible.

Yep! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Plus the back of the box for the lego set seals the deal for this.

Spoiler:

So that seals the deal for that.

Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 am

ha wow, I guess that's pretty much solved. If that's how it actually goes down then it kinda harkens back to how one of the raptors would of died in Jurassic Park (via bones)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

"making crap up as they go along"? you mean expanding the lore? We have to remember that it is fans that are running these sites so we can't just point every finger at universal like its some organization that has grudge against the lost world

But if Universal really cared, would't we be getting an animated cartoon show that took place between JP3 and JW instead of this? Sorrry, but these sites feel just too, loose. It's one thing to expand the lore, it's another thing to do it in a half-hearted manner that disrespects TLW. Even many people here who treated these sites as canon have soured on them via not only treating the Sorna movies bad, but also by the fact that they have muddied up the canon via things that are hard to beleive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 am

Ok mr. Rhedosaurus, I challenge you to force Universal to cancel this series and make them start over from scratch, rewritting the JP series exactly the way you want it, keeping nobody else, and especially those Star Wars nerds in mind. Some of us would like to apologize if what universal is doing is not enough for you, but if you want your JP tv cartoon to happen, then by golly tou need to work for them and make it snappy before anybody else buys the franchise away from universal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:53 am

@deinocoop wrote:
Ok mr. Rhedosaurus, I challenge you to force Universal to cancel this series and make them start over from scratch, rewritting the JP series exactly the way you want it, keeping nobody else, and especially those Star Wars nerds in mind. Some of us would like to apologize if what universal is doing is not enough for you, but if you want your JP tv cartoon to happen, then by golly tou need to work for them and make it snappy before anybody else buys the franchise away from universal.

You are totally missing my point. I'm saying that this franchise should be much larger then it currently is. This should be just as large, or close to Star Wars, but it isn't. Universal never had a plan in case JW did as well as it did. Not only that, but since when did caring about the canon become a bad thing?

Maybe you like seeing Universal screw around with the canon and keep this franchise from reaching it's full potential, but I don't.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:56 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Even many people here who treated these sites as canon have soured on them via not only treating the Sorna movies bad, but also by the fact that they have muddied up the canon via things that are hard to beleive.
I don't know. Call it idealism, but a lot of these alleged hard-to-believe things can fit into canon just fine with a few minutes of thinking. I'm getting tired of when people scream 'NOT CANON' based only on first glances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:18 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@deinocoop wrote:

You are totally missing my point. I'm saying that this franchise should be much larger then it currently is. This should be just as large, or close to Star Wars, but it isn't. Universal never had a plan in case JW did as well as it did. Not only that, but since when did caring about the canon become a bad thing?

Maybe you like seeing Universal screw around with the canon and keep this franchise from reaching it's full potential, but I don't.

Its a movie. Let's remember that.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Please stop saying “this franchise should be bigger than it currently is”, because that’s Spielberg’s choice not to go all out with the franchise the way George Lucas did with Star Wars, and that’s beyond the control of the fandom cult. Isn’t it bad enough that haters keep writing about how “JP should have been a stand alone film”? I want to hear positive vibes about this installment, not bad ones. I don’t get what’s wrong with JW:FK other than people’s short attention spans framing the film canon as B movies coming up with excuses to go back to and island full of dinosaurs. Again, where are the positive vibes vs. the bad reports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:00 pm

@deinocoop wrote:
Please stop saying “this franchise should be bigger than it currently is”, because that’s Spielberg’s choice not to go all out with the franchise the way George Lucas did with Star Wars, and that’s beyond the control of the fandom cult.

Well, then shame on Universal for allowing Spielberg to wield so much power in the first place then. Given how apathetic he's become as of late (the Transformers franchise and even earlier via JP3) there is no reason why he deserves to wield this much power anymore.

Also, fans wield more power then you think. It was fan outrage that led to X3 being ret-conned out of the X-Men movie canon via Days Of Future Past and it was fan-outrage that led to Disney stepping in and forcing EA to suspend micro-transaction for Battlefront 2. Also, it was fan mail that forced Spielberg to add in Stegosaurus in TLW. You keep on saying that fans have no power, yet that is not true at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Spielberg probably has no loyalty to Transformers, and I don't see why he should. He's an executive producer, which means he just throws some money into the pot. He doesn't have any real creative control over it. As for JP///, he had nothing to do with it's failure. He had his own project at the time, and didn't have the time to babysit Johnston, whom he trusted already.

Spielberg has a lot of pull over at Universal because, face it, he makes the studio A LOT of money. They let him have free reign over his own projects because he, historically, has made a lot of money for the company and makes good movies. If he didn't want to be sucked down a hole, that's his business, I don't blame him for not wanting to devote decades of his life to one franchise.

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm

@deinocoop wrote:
Please stop saying “this franchise should be bigger than it currently is”, because that’s Spielberg’s choice not to go all out with the franchise the way George Lucas did with Star Wars, and that’s beyond the control of the fandom cult. Isn’t it bad enough that haters keep writing about how “JP should have been a stand alone film”? I want to hear positive vibes about this installment, not bad ones. I don’t get what’s wrong with JW:FK other than people’s short attention spans framing the film canon as B movies coming up with excuses to go back to and island full of dinosaurs. Again, where are the positive vibes vs. the bad reports.

Ultimately part of me does feel the same way; part of me absolutely does want Jurassic Park to have more of a presence in entertainment comparable to Marvel and Star Wars, like comics, cartoons, spin-off films and video games (Evolution looks very good, I'll definitely give them that). But there has to be a certain recognition of the reality of the franchise: Jurassic Park is big, but if it were as big as Marvel and Star Wars then that basically means more scrutiny and more room to screw up in a big way. And they are making progress, the toys are much better than anything in the 2015 Hasbro line, the new expanded universe book about Claire looks interesting, we're getting a high profile spiritual successor to JP: Operation Genesis. If that's not progress, and a sign that the people in charge are doing what they're supposed to do, I don't know what is.

In my heart of hearts, I do want it to rule the blockbuster roost like it did in the 90's and put down Marvel big time, but I know that's not going to happen. The fact that it's back at all, with people at the helm who care about what they're filming and are not playing the political agenda game, and we're still talking about it is still something of a miracle unto itself. As for Star Wars? Well, that's a whole other story.

With recent articles from Forbes and ScreenRant (not that they're that respected anyway) bemoaning the existence of the franchise and bringing up the same garbage (like dinosaurs being based in 90's designs and the argument that JP should have only been one film). It's shocking to me that so many articles and official outlets are putting as much of a negative spin on JW: Fallen Kingdom as they can when they're not responding to trailers or viral marketing pieces. It's the hypocrisy of these sites and others saying that they're the same films over and over again, ignoring that the same argument of reduction could apply just as easily to superheroes and Star Wars, without looking at the subtext or underpinnings of each film.

I come here to enjoy geeking out, having healthy discussions, and sometimes if necessary constructively critique these Jurassic Park films, yet lately that hasn't been how I've felt lately when it comes to being a user here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:32 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@deinocoop wrote:
Please stop saying “this franchise should be bigger than it currently is”, because that’s Spielberg’s choice not to go all out with the franchise the way George Lucas did with Star Wars, and that’s beyond the control of the fandom cult.

Well, then shame on Universal for allowing Spielberg to wield so much power in the first place then. Given how apathetic he's become as of late (the Transformers franchise and even earlier via JP3) there is no reason why he deserves to wield this much power anymore.

Also, fans wield more power then you think. It was fan outrage that led to X3 being ret-conned out of the X-Men movie canon via Days Of Future Past and it was fan-outrage that led to Disney stepping in and forcing EA to suspend micro-transaction for Battlefront 2. Also, it was fan mail that forced Spielberg to add in Stegosaurus in TLW. You keep on saying that fans have no power, yet that is not true at all.

Comparing what happened in a video game to a movie is apples and oranges.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@deinocoop wrote:

Ultimately part of me does feel the same way; part of me absolutely does want Jurassic Park to have more of a presence in entertainment comparable to Marvel and Star Wars, like comics, cartoons, spin-off films and video games (Evolution looks very good, I'll definitely give them that). But there has to be a certain recognition of the reality of the franchise: Jurassic Park is big, but if it were as big as Marvel and Star Wars then that basically means more scrutiny and more room to screw up in a big way. And they are making progress, the toys are much better than anything in the 2015 Hasbro line, the new expanded universe book about Claire looks interesting, we're getting a high profile spiritual successor to JP: Operation Genesis. If that's not progress, and a sign that the people in charge are doing what they're supposed to do, I don't know what is.

In my heart of hearts, I do want it to rule the blockbuster roost like it did in the 90's and put down Marvel big time, but I know that's not going to happen. The fact that it's back at all, with people at the helm who care about what they're filming and are not playing the political agenda game, and we're still talking about it is still something of a miracle unto itself. As for Star Wars? Well, that's a whole other story.

With recent articles from Forbes and ScreenRant (not that they're that respected anyway) bemoaning the existence of the franchise and bringing up the same garbage (like dinosaurs being based in 90's designs and the argument that JP should have only been one film). It's shocking to me that so many articles and official outlets are putting as much of a negative spin on JW: Fallen Kingdom as they can when they're not responding to trailers or viral marketing pieces. It's the hypocrisy of these sites and others saying that they're the same films over and over again, ignoring that the same argument of reduction could apply just as easily to superheroes and Star Wars, without looking at the subtext or underpinnings of each film.

I come here to enjoy geeking out, having healthy discussions, and sometimes if necessary constructively critique these Jurassic Park films, yet lately that hasn't been how I've felt lately when it comes to being a user here.

Me neither. If I sound too angry, I do apologize. I just don't like to engage in conversations that go ugly when they don't get what they want, putting negative spins on each other, and repeating the same patterns over and over again. I want to geek out with other people on the JP franchise too, but I don't feel like I can at this point unless everyone calms down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Well I’m ready to geek out and I can’t wait for June! I know already that I’ll have problems with the film but it looks like a big improvement over JW from what I’ve seen

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: