Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 909
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

weird reading you guys debate when I haven't even seen the movie yet. Sounds like the issues rest mainly on the script. I like Colin as the idea guy and producer but he may not be the right one to play a major part in the actual script. But we have to remember that creating a story to follow the previous films must be a difficult task. There aren't many paths for them to take without taking some leaps in logic. The low critic score does bother me and mostly because we now have to go through another cycle of people hating on a jp film and this franchise. People rely too much on reviews these days to decide what movie to watch and I just hope that it doesn't affect the American box office.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1157
Points : 2604
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
weird reading you guys debate when I haven't even seen the movie yet. Sounds like the issues rest mainly on the script. I like Colin as the idea guy and producer but he may not be the right one to play a major part in the actual script. But we have to remember that creating a story to follow the previous films must be a difficult task. There aren't many paths for them to take without taking some leaps in logic. The low critic score does bother me and mostly because we now have to go through another cycle of people hating on a jp film and this franchise. People rely too much on reviews these days to decide what movie to watch and I just hope that it doesn't affect the American box office.

This film was doomed to poor reviews as soon as it was announced. You could just tell from the tone of all of the media coverage that they were going to shit on this thing no matter what. I'm in the same boat as you in that I haven't seen it yet, and am trying to decipher what the supposed issues with the movie are going to look like and how they'll affect the film overall. Funny thing is I still have this overwhelming urge to defend it Laughing

At the end of the day, as long as the film is competently made and has dinosaurs messing shit up, it's probably good for at least a 7/10 from me, and I imagine that as long as other JP fans aren't going into this thing wanting it to fail, they'll enjoy it too.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 500
Points : 2462
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Here is an idea.

Let everyone have their own opinions and enjoy what you want to enjoy. Period.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1651
Points : 2536
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 am

I have a bad feeling I’m going to dislike this movie. I can’t explain it, but it seems everything I get hyped for underwhelms me. I hope it’s not the case but I’m going in not expecting to like it.

Again I don’t really know why, just a feeling I have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 909
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 am

lol the movie is fresh again on rotten tomatoes. What an emotional roller coaster. I know I know i shouldn't care what reviews say but I can't help it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 500
Points : 2462
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 am

I watched it last night and honestly gave it a 7.5/8 out of 10. It’s not perfect but a great little movie to watch.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 777
Points : 1686
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 am

I watched Fallen Kingdom two times.
First time I would have given it a 7.5-8/10.
Second time I gave it a 8.5-9/10.


_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1402
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am

If you liked Jurassic World, just know that this movie (regardless of flaws in the storytelling), has better writing in general with set up and payoffs, characters with purposeful roles in the narrative, better dialogue, better directing, and better visuals.

The music, although good, might not suit everyone because it's the least Jurassic Park sounding score so far.

The pacing is too fast and that might irk some people.

The film has lots of standout/iconic moments and has much more emotion.

The villains are perhaps too evil. They make Hoskins seem sane.

Owen and Blue's relationship actually means something in this film.

The editing is so good! Pay attention to the parallel editing in some of the emotional scenes and the auction scene, they keep the flow moving very nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1157
Points : 2604
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:11 am

Alright, it's fresh on RT again. Now let's all make a pact to not look at it again, you know, for our sanity Razz

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 299
Points : 764
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Just for some context...

The original Jurassic Park had some reviews thst more or less said that it was ok but not great.

And now it is considered a classic that no one would dare to question. Same thing with Empire Strikes Back, critics and audiences said it was just ok but not great. And now ESB is almost considered a religious object.

Critics do not always dictate how a movie will be remembered with neither hardcore fans or the general public.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1402
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Just for some context...

The original Jurassic Park had some reviews thst more or less said that it was ok but not great.

And now it is considered a classic that no one would dare to question. Same thing with Empire Strikes Back, critics and audiences said it was just ok but not great. And now ESB is almost considered a religious object.

Critics do not always dictate how a movie will be remembered with neither hardcore fans or the general public.

And John Carpenter's The Thing. Now considered one of the best horror movies of all time. Was originally criticised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 777
Points : 1686
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Jurassic World is IMO standing the test of time very well.
People still remember and talk about Chris Pratt dealing with the Raptors, the Mosasaurus eating the shark, even the high heels (as much as they're an annoying argument to me) are still being talked.

Hope it will be the case with Fallen Kingdom too. The film certainly has its iconic (and controversial) moments.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 60
Points : 123
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.

Um even a lot of people that kinda liked FK are pointing out that the writing is lame and that the story is bollocks and makes no sense.
And I have also pointed out more than one reason for why I think FK is only mediocre.
So it's really not that far off.

The nitpicks you mentioned don't break the narrative so of course the movie makes sense.

That is quite simply not true and you know it. Take your goggles off as you would say. The plot convenience is strong with this one, the happenings of Isla Sorna once again not properly explained onscreen leaves most viewers scratching their heads because it leads to the obvious question of why the dinos need to be saved when there is another island full of them. Or why Lockwood didn't just suggest to have the dinos relocated to Isla Sorna instead of an entirely new island.
Spoiler:
 

If there is one thing that all the reviews have in common whether they are negative or positive it's that they all point out the weak script with it's corny dialogue, cartoonish villains and just overall ridiculous story.
Deny it all you want but that's how it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1402
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.

Um even a lot of people that kinda liked FK are pointing out that the writing is lame and that the story is bollocks and makes no sense.
And I have also pointed out more than one reason for why I think FK is only mediocre.
So it's really not that far off.

The nitpicks you mentioned don't break the narrative so of course the movie makes sense.

That is quite simply not true and you know it. Take your goggles off as you would say. The plot convenience is strong with this one, the happenings of Isla Sorna once again not properly explained onscreen leaves most viewers scratching their heads because it leads to the obvious question of why the dinos need to be saved when there is another island full of them. Or why Lockwood didn't just suggest to have the dinos relocated to Isla Sorna instead of an entirely new island.
Spoiler:
 

If there is one thing that all the reviews have in common whether they are negative or positive it's that they all point out the weak script with it's corny dialogue, cartoonish villains and just overall ridiculous story.
Deny it all you want but that's how it is.

So in this case, would you say TLW doesn't make sense because site B just miraculously appeared out of nowhere for the sake of the plot, just like how Sorna doesn't have Dinosaurs for the sake of the plot? Same shit really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1157
Points : 2604
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 pm

At the end of the day, it's all subjective, blah blah blah. Differing opinions and whatnot (trying frantically to change the subject now  Razz)

Anyways, on another more pleasant note, the soundtrack should be released for everybody to hear in a couple of days.

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
The music, although good, might not suit everyone because it's the least Jurassic Park sounding score so far.

I'm curious to see what you meant, Six Foot Turkey, when you say that the music is "the least Jurassic Park sounding score so far". How would you say it differs from a more traditional sounding JP score?

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1402
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
At the end of the day, it's all subjective, blah blah blah. Differing opinions and whatnot (trying frantically to change the subject now  Razz)

Anyways, on another more pleasant note, the soundtrack should be released for everybody to hear in a couple of days.

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
The music, although good, might not suit everyone because it's the least Jurassic Park sounding score so far.

I'm curious to see what you meant, Six Foot Turkey, when you say that the music is "the least Jurassic Park sounding score so far". How would you say it differs from a more traditional sounding JP score?

I'm waiting to get the CD Smile

I'd say it sounds more old-fashioned horror. Something about the choirs brings the sense of chaos and the brass is much heavier. M<ore horns rather than trumpets etc.

However, the main them does get used in different ways and reminds me of this trilogies version of TLW theme. It's a great score, but it is very different sounding. I did notice some bongo/conga drums in there, too.

The choir, in particular, made me think of a mixture between Doctor Strange, Planet of the Apes, and Evil Dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 60
Points : 123
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
Are you really discussing about that?

I was instead thinking of the powerful use of Cricthon-esque themes in the movie, brought to a further (and maybe unexpected but totally logical if you think about it) level, and how that is used cleverly to make the final scenes (one in particular) much more intense and emotional, giving us a strong message about empathy towards these animals who were here before us and have the right to live, just like us.

You can complain about that little moment in the film, but it's like two pages of this thread only for that moment... seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Seems like the reason some critics didn't like the movie, that they really stick to those details (they have the right to do that) but really forgetting how great the bigger picture is.
They also seem to watch a movie only to find if there are plot holes, or non-logical scenes... and completely forgetting about going to a movie and at least try to enjoy it.

If in 1993 we were all like today, we would have hated the T-Rex vs Raptors scene because it's not logical that the humans could not see a T-Rex sneaking into the Visitor Center.
Instead we just remember that scene as an awesome iconic moment.

Is it repeated again in FK? Yeah, it's not a "new" thing anymore, but it's a trademark of JP now. Why would they go to the island for 4-5 times? Isn't it repetitive? Maybe, but it's every time worth it.
(or, well, maybe not every time, depends on which sequel did you like lol)

The themes and everything are interesting yes but the way things have been handled with the script and everything is just not satisfying for me. I'm not nitpicking, I really wanted to like this film. After the great opening sequence I thought it would be totally amazing but again with the bad writing, stupid characters, bad acting at times,  inconistend CGI, bad pacing...I just felt disappointed and left the theather with at best mixed feelings.

Yet simply because of the 'bad writing' you put it in the same vicinity as Transformers? Yikes.

Seems like you are wearing another type of fan goggles ;-)

I've pointed out my reasons why I think that's total bollocks, though. Like I said, a film is more than one aspect and to generalise the whole thing because of 'lazy writing' is quite unfair.

Um even a lot of people that kinda liked FK are pointing out that the writing is lame and that the story is bollocks and makes no sense.
And I have also pointed out more than one reason for why I think FK is only mediocre.
So it's really not that far off.

The nitpicks you mentioned don't break the narrative so of course the movie makes sense.

That is quite simply not true and you know it. Take your goggles off as you would say. The plot convenience is strong with this one, the happenings of Isla Sorna once again not properly explained onscreen leaves most viewers scratching their heads because it leads to the obvious question of why the dinos need to be saved when there is another island full of them. Or why Lockwood didn't just suggest to have the dinos relocated to Isla Sorna instead of an entirely new island.
Spoiler:
 

If there is one thing that all the reviews have in common whether they are negative or positive it's that they all point out the weak script with it's corny dialogue, cartoonish villains and just overall ridiculous story.
Deny it all you want but that's how it is.

So in this case, would you say TLW doesn't make sense because site B just miraculously appeared out of nowhere for the sake of the plot, just like how Sorna doesn't have Dinosaurs for the sake of the plot? Same shit really.

Nonsense it's not the same at all. The events of TLW don't contradict anything in JP since the latter never said that the dinos were exclusively bred and raised on Nubar. But for Lockwood to have another island and not proposing Sorna as the sanctuary is just weird. A lot of viewers are wondering about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 269
Points : 748
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2017-05-24

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Can't we all assume that after listening to Amanda's Kirby's incessant screeching for 2 days the Sorna dinosaurs decided to walk into the sea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1157
Points : 2604
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm waiting to get the CD Smile

I'd say it sounds more old-fashioned horror. Something about the choirs brings the sense of chaos and the brass is much heavier. M<ore horns rather than trumpets etc.

However, the main them does get used in different ways and reminds me of this trilogies version of TLW theme. It's a great score, but it is very different sounding. I did notice some bongo/conga drums in there, too.

The choir, in particular, made me think of a mixture between Doctor Strange, Planet of the Apes, and Evil Dead

That's really interesting to hear. I was listening to all of the soundtracks yesterday and noticed how Giacchino's JW score did have a pretty different feel than Williams score. Would you say this score is more in line with the JW score, or its own beast entirely?

Also, just a heads up to everyone, we do have a thread specifically for you to post your own personal opinions of Fallen Kingdom here https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1397-what-did-you-think-of-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-spoilers-included And the best part about that thread?
Spoiler:
 

@Robotpo wrote:
Can't we all assume that after listening to Amanda's Kirby's incessant screeching for 2 days the Sorna dinosaurs decided to walk into the sea?

Perfect! Laughing

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1402
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm waiting to get the CD Smile

I'd say it sounds more old-fashioned horror. Something about the choirs brings the sense of chaos and the brass is much heavier. M<ore horns rather than trumpets etc.

However, the main them does get used in different ways and reminds me of this trilogies version of TLW theme. It's a great score, but it is very different sounding. I did notice some bongo/conga drums in there, too.

The choir, in particular, made me think of a mixture between Doctor Strange, Planet of the Apes, and Evil Dead

That's really interesting to hear. I was listening to all of the soundtracks yesterday and noticed how Giacchino's JW score did have a pretty different feel than Williams score. Would you say this score is more in line with the JW score, or its own beast entirely?

Also, just a heads up to everyone, we do have a thread specifically for you to post your own personal opinions of Fallen Kingdom here https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1397-what-did-you-think-of-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-spoilers-included And the best part about that thread?
Spoiler:
 

@Robotpo wrote:
Can't we all assume that after listening to Amanda's Kirby's incessant screeching for 2 days the Sorna dinosaurs decided to walk into the sea?

Perfect! Laughing

hmmm, from what I recall from the movie, it sounds more like Jurassic World, but less whimsical feeling. I'd have to hear it isolated, though, because the soundtrack is actually quite low in volume in the film and can easily become drowned out. For example, there's this really cool version of Chasing the Dragons at the climax that sounds totally different, but you can barely hear it from all the sounds.

Can't wait to hear some specific tracks isolated. hopefully, he doesn't exclude any good ones this time. there were too many good tracks excluded from JW score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1157
Points : 2604
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
hmmm, from what I recall from the movie, it sounds more like Jurassic World, but less whimsical feeling. I'd have to hear it isolated, though, because the soundtrack is actually quite low in volume in the film and can easily become drowned out. For example, there's this really cool version of Chasing the Dragons at the climax that sounds totally different, but you can barely hear it from all the sounds.

Can't wait to hear some specific tracks isolated. hopefully, he doesn't exclude any good ones this time. there were too many good tracks excluded from JW score.

Well, one of my issues with the JW score was that it did feel a bit too light and whimsical for my tastes, so I'm glad to hear this score in general has a darker feel to it.

And agreed fully about too many good tracks being left off of the JW soundtrack. I was quite annoyed when that little piece of music that accompanied the Gallimimus scene in JW wasn't on the main soundtrack.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 283
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Chris Pratt was on The Tonight show:



I love how genuinely enthusiastic Chris is about loving the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 269
Points : 748
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2017-05-24

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Robot Chicken does JW: FK

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 283
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Just found a cool little interview with BD Wong about Wu: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-star-bd-wong-why-dr-henry-wu-is-not-a-villain-1119608
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1362
Points : 2221
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just found a cool little interview with BD Wong about Wu: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-star-bd-wong-why-dr-henry-wu-is-not-a-villain-1119608

I loved it. Fully agree with BD Wong about Wu. He was also replying some fans on twitter regarding Wu too. It was a good chat, Colin even liked my tweet. Laughing

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 283
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just found a cool little interview with BD Wong about Wu: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-star-bd-wong-why-dr-henry-wu-is-not-a-villain-1119608

I loved it. Fully agree with BD Wong about Wu. He was also replying some fans on twitter regarding Wu too. It was a good chat, Colin even liked my tweet. Laughing

Just checked his Twitter. Pretty cool to know that he's so into his character. Hopefully he gets the screentime he deserves in JW3. I also saw the Doritos ad on his feed lol.


Last edited by Dilophosaurus on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1362
Points : 2221
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:48 pm

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just found a cool little interview with BD Wong about Wu: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-star-bd-wong-why-dr-henry-wu-is-not-a-villain-1119608

I loved it. Fully agree with BD Wong about Wu. He was also replying some fans on twitter regarding Wu too. It was a good chat, Colin even liked my tweet. Laughing

Just checked his Twitter. Pretty col to know that he's so into his character. Hopefully he gets the screentime he deserves in JW3. I also saw the Doritos ad on his feed lol.

I think he likes Wu, he also said he read the novels too. Yeah Wu deserves a lot more than 5 minutes. Colin saw my tweet so he's 100% aware that the fans want it. Laughing

The doritos ad is awesome. Laughing

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1651
Points : 2536
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Just saw something that bugged me lol. So i'm sitting here watching JP and a commercial about rexy comes on and her animatronic etc.

Man oh man i do like Chris Pratt, and i don't expect him to be a expert on anything. But i just saw an Ad that was really cringe worthy. It made me do a double take. They were talking about the films and "Rexy". They were literally showings scenes from all the movies as if if she was the same animal. Pratt clearly says "she's been in all 5 films" and Colin says "it's impressive she's still around" all while showing scenes from JP-FK. Unless i misheard him i'm pretty sure that's what they both said.

Like i get that alot of people don't know the difference but the ad was still really awful for a JP fan.

Rant over lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 29
Points : 114
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Guys.......I just got to warn those who haven’t seen the movie: AVOID YOUTUBE AT ALL COSTS!!! And I’m not talking about spoiler reviews either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 777
Points : 1686
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:19 am

The marketing campaign for Fallen Kingdom is sooo spoilerish. It's fun to watch only after you saw the movie lol

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Back to top 
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: