Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Shocked

I know I sound crazy letting this out of my mouth: Afte reading this article which should probably be reported for criticizing a film that hasn't been released yet,

Why 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Looks Like A Terrible Idea

and seeing this video get posted on the internet...

I've got to ask this: who among these members feels the imposing threat that Jurassic World poses a threat to Jurassic Park? Granted, JW:FK isn't out until June, but apparently JW haters still do just about anything to get their emotionless monsters on a horror island back where they can milk it dry. In fact, these haters even go so far as to say "Jurassic Park should have been the only movie of it's kind, but oh no, Universal just had to make cliche sequels."

I can sort of see why after seeing the following provisos.

Rule #1: no tamed raptors. Apparently, haters want the JP raptors to stay monsters, despite the fact that if we can tame birds of prey, then these raptors are the stretch goal.

Rule #2: no guardians of the galaxy references, and their "super" Chris Pratt celebrity. I see where the haters are going here, since Owen Grady somehow outran a slow pyroclastic cloud (55 mph, but what do you expect out of a 2010's Hollywood cult?

Rule #3: no super hybrids. Apparently, haters hate the hybrids that are the mascots of Colin Trevorrow's take on the park, despite the fact that Dr. Wu's been hybridizing from the start, not to mention how regular dinosaurs get old pretty fast. Plus, don't forget how the Indoraptor has Jay Bayona fingerprints on it.

I'm just saying, haters who hate what the creators of FK are doing with JP5 shouldn't be making videos and/or posting articles about it, especially if they haven't seen the full movie it, and took notes of human kind's bad habits with modern animals.

Then again, that's just me. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am

These are the same people that praise franchises like Star Wars and don't bat an eye to the repetitive storylines of other Universal franchises like Fast and Furious.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
These are the same people that praise franchises like Star Wars and don't bat an eye to the repetitive storylines of other Universal franchises like Fast and Furious.

This is so so true.

Same people who also want " different", but then will rage if it happens (just look at the Last Jedi).

There is only so much you can do with the "cloned dinosaurs for a theme park" storyline.

--

As for the raptors, it could easily be solved if they also presented JP1 like raptors along with Blue. It's the hero angle they're using for both Blue and Rexy people don't like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 am

I actually agree about Jurassic World having no tension or thrills.

Something that JP, TLW and JP3 all did very well.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Eh, I'd chill out and wait until FK is shown if you guys are concerned about the lack of tension so far. Though there was some initially with the Indominus in her paddock and even when the Raptors chose her as a new alpha. I think FK will have a lot of tension given the fact Bayona is a "horror" director. The 2nd trailer does a good job of showing that potential with the Indoraptor.

As for the JP aspect being under threat, it is, but I don't particularly see it as something overly negative. At least so far. That is also contingent on how JWFK is as a film and as a Jurassic-sequel.

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   Sat May 12, 2018 2:54 am

Well, let's face it. The Jurassic Park/World "multi-verse" of canon/non-canon... is the best thing we got coming out of Hollywood (media in general) as far as dinosaur flicks, comics & books go, in my humble opinion. Toys can be arguably tossed around companies as to who is the best, Papo, CollectA etc. I don't see much of a threat. I actually see hope. Jurassic Park I-III helped spark a generation of professional and amateur paleontologists, paleoartists etc. I would wager JW I-III will do the same. Some kid two decades from now will become a paleontologist because of the Jurassic World franchise.

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: