Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Several minutes later, the worker village came into view. Ruso parked the Jeep, then she and Henry disembarked. Ruso led the way into the laboratory. She asked one of the scientists, “We’re looking for doctor Atherton, have you seen him?”
“Yes,” the scientist replied, “I believe he is checking on Andy.”
As Ruso began to walk away, Henry asked, “Who’s Andy?”
Ruso smiled. “He’s an euoplocephalus,” she said. “One of the original. He has a history with diseases. Never seems to get better. Some of us think we should just euthanize him, but Atherton refuses to allow it. He’s grown attached.”
They climbed back into the Jeep and drove off to the euoplocephalus paddock.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Another jeep was parked at the edge on the paddock. The jeep's former occupant, a man, was now in one of the paddock's fields with a tranquilized Euoplocephalus. The man spoke softly to the animal, patting her head gently as he took a blood sample from the dinosaur's thick skin. When he saw Ruso and Wu, he smiled and waved.

"You should get this blood sample tested in the lab," the scientist told Ruso when the woman got out of the jeep. "If we can cure Andy, we could care for the other Euoplocephalus more easily. This isn't just about Andy, it's about the whole species. We know nothing about these animals or their immune systems, so what can learn now will be important for the future. Especially if we want them in a condition appropriate for tourists."

"Doctor Atherton, we can talk about this later," Ruso said. "I've brought you Henry Wu."

Atherton noticed Wu for the first time. He smiled widely and pulled Wu into a tight hug. "Henry, it's been too long! How has it been?"

"It's good to see you again, Norman," Wu said with a smile. "I haven't been well, honestly. The events of the past two months have been pretty stressful..."

"I understand," Atherton said sympathetically. "An unfortunate setback, but perhaps a necessary one. We can learn from our mistakes and if the Incident had happened while the park was open, things could have been must worse."

Norman Atherton had founded InGen ten years ago alongside his partners, John Hammond and Benjamin Lockwood. He cloned a "dwarf elephant" that Hammond used to show new investors what the company was capable of. Unfortunately, Hammond and Lockwood had a falling out that lead to a falling out. And Atherton had been replaced by Wu due to health concerns he had been suffering. But now he insisted that his time on Site B had improved his health greatly.

"I must give you a tour," Atherton insisted. "So much has changed since you've been here. Maybe it will even cheer you up. We're making great progress and one day the world will celebrate what we've done here."

"Aren't you worried that Ludlow is going to shut you down?" Wu asked.

"Henry, look at Andy," Atherton insisted. "We brought him and many others back to life. Nobody else has ever done that. Consider the value of all that we have done. Why would anyone throw that away? It would be foolish!"

"I guess you're right," Wu admitted.

"Henry, do you know a man named Gerry Harding?" Atherton asked.

"Uh, yeah. I do."

"Well, I would like him on Isla Sorna with us. He's the best in his field and we could use his help concerning any health-related issues regarding the animals. Andy is one example, but there are others. Small problems at the moment, but I'm worried about the bigger picture. The staff is good, but we need the best. We need Gerry Harding."

"Me and Gerry aren't on speaking terms at the moment."

"Really? Too bad. Oh well, I'm sure Ludlow could convince him one way or another. All this extra personnel is appreciated. I don't mind one but that our operations now have InGen's pull attention. What we're doing here is very important. World-changing, even."

Atherton and Wu got into the jeep with Ruso. They began driving away and Wu cast one last glimpse of the tranquilized Euoplocephalus, the rest of the herd gathered around a distant watering hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Gerry sat on his couch, exhausted. He stared at the wall for several long minutes, lost in the dark, confusing world of his own thoughts.
Then he heard a sound that sent shivers down his back: the familiar, rattling snarl of a velociraptor. The creature was in the room! Gerry leapt to his feet and whirled around. There it was, in the corner, crouched over the body of Jess. Gerry screamed. He was roused by Atlanta, his adopted daughter. She was shaking his arm.
“Wake up, Gerry!” She said. She still hadn’t gotten used to calling him “dad”. “Wake up! You’re dreaming.”
Gerry took several deep breaths as reality returned to him. “Right. Sorry,” he said. “Where’s Jess?”
“Out with friends,” Atlanta said.
“She didn’t offer to take you with her?” Gerry wondered.
“She did, but I said I’d rather stay.”
“Why?”
Atlanta shrugged. She looked embarrassed. “I’m not used to living in a city like this.”
“You’re english is really improving,” Gerry said, changing the subject. “In fact, I’ll bet you could make a lot of money teaching English to other Costa Ricans.”
“That would be good,” Atlanta agreed.
The phone rang. Gerry picked it up. “Hello?”
“Gerry.” It was Ludlow. The sound of his voice almost made Gerry hang up.
“What do you want,” he said, trying to insert as much contempt into is voice as possible.
“I have a business opportunity for you,” Ludlow said, cheerfully.
“You can stick it up your butt,” Gerry spat. “I don’t care what it is: I’ll never work for your company again. I’m done.”
“That’s too bad,” Ludlow said. “I was really hoping we might be able to turn a new chapter in our relationship. Do you know Norman Atherton?”
“He helped build InGen with Hammond and Lockwood. So what?”
“He’s asked for you personally to help him,” Ludlow informed. “According to him, you’re the best in the business.”
“Yeah, because all the other guys are dead!”
There was a pause. “Should I tell him you’re not interested?”
Gerry almost said yes, but then had a second thought. Of course, the thought of working for InGen again reviled him, but this might be exactly the opportunity he was looking for. If he was on-site, it would make it all the easier to gather some criminating evidence that could potentially put InGen out of business for good. And Atherton was a good man. Maybe, Gerry could convince him to help him in his plight to take down InGen.
“I’ll talk to him,” Gerry decided.
“Excellent,” Ludlow said. “I’m very glad you decided to do this. I would have hated to be forced to take more... shall we say... drastic measures.”
Doom rushed through Gerry. “What do you mean by that?”
There was a pause, then Ludlow said, "Keep an eye on your daughters, Gerry," and hung up,

Last edited by TheRexMan22 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 pm

John Arnold preferred an indoor control room to field work. But he was willing to put up with insects and heat to prevent something like the Isla Nublar Incident or the mainland attacks from happening again.

He remembered what Malcolm had told him in the hospital about how the dinosaurs breeded in the wild without their knowledge. Now Arnold lead the search for unauthorized breeding sites on Isla Sorna, using sattelite photos and heat signatures to determine the most likely places nests would be build.

Sure enough, the dinosaurs on Sorna were breeding just like the ones on Nublar. But hopefully the population could be controlled this time. Arnold had just found another site. This time, it was the Maiasaura. The hadrosaurs tried to protect their eggs, but one of Arnold’s companions used a sound-producing box to keep the dinosaurs at bay while Arnold smashed the unhatched eggs. There would still be the hatched young to worry about, but destroying the sites was a start.

Meanwhile, Trey Roland was working with the maintenance crews to reinforce the fences and walls. Security and safety was the priority of these revisions. What had happened with Jurassic Park was still fresh in everyone’s mind. Everyone had work to do, but nobody complained. The threats the dinosaurs posed was now being completely taken seriously. No shortcuts would be made this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Atherton's satellite phone began to ring. He asked Ruso to pull over, which she did. Atherton got out of the Jeep and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?"
"Norman Atherton?" said a voice.
"Yes?"
"I'm Gerry Harding. I was the chief vet on Nublar," said the voice.
Atherton smiled. "Gerry! Good to hear from you! How have you been?"
There was a steady silence, which was an answer in and of itself. Atherton pressed: "Well, I'm glad you decided to contact me. I was very sorry to hear about the incident on Nublar, and Costa Rica. So many lives lost. I want to make it right, Gerry."
"You want to make it right?" Gerry said, his voice rising to anger. "Then shut it down! All of it. Burn that island to the ground and then, maybe, we can start thinking about making it right!"
His anger shocked Atherton, who had never heard Gerry yell before. "I understand your frustration, I really do," he said. "You're not the only one who has suffered! I lost my best friend on that island. I know just as well as you do the danger this island poses to the world. Which is exactly why I contacted you. We can't just burn it down and pretend it never happened: we have to learn from our past mistakes to prevent something from happening in the future. And we must protect this science from men like Dodgson. If it were to fall into his hands, the damage could be astronomical."
"Norman," Gerry said. "You're deluded. Ludlow is a hack. He's using you and everyone else to get rich. That's all he cares about: money. I don't know what kind of lies he told you to get you to agree to help him, but you have to trust me on this: he's a liar and a fraud. He has and will sacrifice human life to get what he wants. You must be able to see that!"
Atherton was disturbed by this report of Ludlow's intentions. "What proof do you have of this?"
"The devil's in the details," Gerry said. "Alright, I'll come down there. Help you contain, or whatever it is you said. More than that, I'll show you exactly what kind of a man Ludlow is. And why InGen must be destroyed."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Atherton ended his call. "Good news, Henry. Harding is on his way here."

"Oh," Wu said. "That's... wonderful."

"After the tour I want you to be there when he arrives. It would be wise to welcome Harding to Site B with a familiar face."

"I don't think he wants to see me, Norman."

"Henry, what happened on Isla Nublar wasn't your blame. Harding can't hold you responsible and he'll realize that. I'm sure he'll come around once he sees this place."

Wu nodded, but secretly he disagreed. Despite his mentor's attempts to comfort him, there was still a guilt inside that he couldn't shake. Wu couldn't blame Harding if he hated the scientist's guts. But hopefully they would be able to put their differences aside. For the greater good.

Ruso started the jeep again and Wu only half-listened to Atherton's speeches as they drove along.

-

Gerry Harding didn't like telling his daughters that he had to leave, especially since the Incident had only occurred two months ago. Harding explained that it was some business with InGen he had to take care of, Atlanta was suspicious and Jess was worried. He had to call Sarah, since she was out of town. Luckily, Jess' mom could take care of the girls while Harding was away. Harding's wife had been surprised when he came home with Atlanta, but she welcomed the Costa Rican into their house with open arms and accepted her as family. Harding honestly had no idea how long he would be gone, but he hoped that it wouldn't be long.

There was already somebody waiting for him at the San Diego airport. A young woman with black hair and dark eyes. "Ludlow told me to wait for you," she told Harding with a forced smile. "I'm Jane Powers, the new head of public relations for InGen. I had to handle the press when you broke your non-disclosure agreement."

Harding recognized an anger in the woman's eyes, a bitterness toward the man who made her job so much difficult after just being promoted. "You are aware of what happened to the last head of public relations, right?" he asked.

"What happened to my predecessor was unfortunate," Powers answered. "But that's in the past. John Hammond and Isla Nublar is behind us."

"You can't ignore the lives ruined by the Incident," Harding argued. "You are lying about the deaths of good people. Ed Regis is only one of them. They deserve better."

"You're going to miss your flight," Powers interrupted. "I'll be accompanying you to Site B. Ludlow wants me to keep a close eye on you."

"Of course," Harding sighed as Powers lead him to the awaiting InGen helicopter. Isla Sorna, here I come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:00 pm

Ruso, Wu and Atherton stopped in front of the hadrosaur pen. Wu looked to his right, and saw a herd of enormous duck-bills. He identified them at once as Edmontosaurus.
"Edmontosaurus," Atherton confirmed. "But I'm sure you knew that."
Atherton gazed at the herbivores with a fondness in his eyes.
"Remember the very first time we bred one of these?" he asked Wu.
The corner's of Wu's mouth inched upward. "Of course. It was one of the most spectacular moments of my life."
By now the herd was moving on. The lead hadrosaur trumpeted and lead her group toward the lake. It was then that Wu noticed another Jeep in the pen, and two people standing near it.
"Who are they?" he asked, pointing.
"Those are the newbies," Ruso informed him. "Abby Nakajima and Derek Hoyle."
"Come on, let's go say hi," Atherton suggested, "I'm sure they'd love to meet you."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:56 pm

"Derek, we got company," a young Asian woman with glasses told her brown-haired partner, pointing out the people that were walking toward them. "It's Ruso, Atherton, and... oh my gosh."

"What is it?" Derek asked Abby, turning his attention away from the hadrosaurs. But Abby had already ran up to the approaching trio.

"Henry Wu!" the woman shrieked excitedly. "My name is Abby Nakajima. Big fan of your ground-breaking work. I'm a scientist myself, though I'm nowhere near your level of course. I've been here for a week with my partner, Derek Hoyle. I wanted to meet you so much, but I didn't think I would ever- it's a real honor, Dr. Wu. I'm sorry for being unprofessional, I'm just so excited."

"It's alright," Wu reassured, smiling. Abby reminded himself of what he was like when he was a student, enthusiastic and ambitious. He shook Abby's hand, who had managed to control herself.

"Derek Hoyle," the man with Abby introduced. He shook Wu's hand as well. "Though my partner already told you that."

"So what are you doing in the hadrosaur pen?" Wu asked.

"The labs are overstaffed," Derek explained. "They didn't need us, so we decided to use the extra time to get a closer look at the dinosaurs. They really are amazing."

"Do these scientists remind of someone?" Atherton teased. "I always enjoy the company of such young eager minds. Abby and Derek show so much potential. I'm certain that they will bring a lot to our staff."

"Thank you, Dr. Atherton," Abby nodded. "I also wanted to talk to you about Dr. Gustavus."

"You're better off leaving him alone," Atherton told Abby. "Dr. Gustavus is one of the top geneticists in the world. We can't afford to lose him. Steer clear of his business. The last time he threatened to quit we had to fire some of our other staff. An unfortunate loss, but InGen would do anything to keep him. Especially considering everything he knows. A company like Biosyn would give anything for Gustavus' knowledge."

"Yes sir," Abby sighed, though it was obvious she still had something to say. "Do we have to go back to the lab?"

"No, no," Atherton dismissed. "That's unnecessary. Like you said, we're overstaffed. Enjoy your time on the island. There's nothing wrong with admiring the creatures that you are helping to make. Take pride in our work and our creations. Site B is the legacy of John Hammond, to be appreciated and protected. You two are doing just fine. I encourage your curiosity."

Smiling at the two scientists, Atherton walked back to the jeep with Wu and Ruso.

"I know Dr. Gustavus," Wu told them. "Has he been causing trouble?"

"For a while now," Ruso confirmed. "He mostly keeps to himself though and most people know better than to disturb him. Some of the newbies think he's just an old coot, but he does bring a lot to the staff. Ludlow has insisted that we keep his loyalty. He is a brilliant geneticist and is worth keeping, but has caused me a lot of headaches over the past two months."

"He's been worse since the Incident?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I think that he's not confident that InGen has a future. He's been demanding more pay, threatening to quit, and has been spending more afternoons by himself. Ludlow likes his results though and for that reason alone he's not going anywhere if we can do anything about it. The staff is worried that Ludlow could shut us down any day now."

"Which is ridiculous," Atherton added.

"It still should be considered," Ruso argued. "Ludlow is in charge now. Not Hammond. If we want to stay in business, we have to please him."

Atherton didn't respond and the three got back in the jeep. Abby and Derek watched the jeep drive off, then continued observing the hadrosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 pm

"Where are we going now?" Wu asked.
"I thought we'd let you see Arnold," said Ruso, glancing at him. "He was glad to hear that you were coming."
"Glad?" Wu was surprised. Nowadays, people were anything but glad to see him. It would be nice to see a familiar face, Wu thought. He and Arnold had rarely spoken since the Nublar incident. It was too bad; the two of them had been friends back during the days of the park.
"Of course," Atherton said, a puzzled look on his face. "You really must stop assuming that everyone hates you."

They drove down a deserted jungle road, deeper into the island. Being surrounded by trees on all sides, caused anxiety within Wu. He recalled those tense hours back on Nublar, being hunted by deadly creatures...
"Here we are," Ruso announced, as she pulled the Jeep to a stop. Henry glanced up. A group of people was gathered by the edge of the road, talking amongst themselves. All of them were armed to the teeth. Henry picked out Arnold's familiar dark skin amongst the other men and women. He followed Ruso and Atherton out of the car and they walked toward the group.
Atherton greeted a man with a large beard and hazel eyes. Henry focused his attention on Arnold. He smiled and said, "Hi, Ray."
Arnold readjusted the backpack he had on his back, and nodded. "Good to see you, Wu." Arnold looked very different than how Henry remembered. He was decked out in some fine equipment, and he displayed some additional bandages on his arms. He had a long scar on his right arm where the Troodon had bit him. This was a very different man than the frightened engineer Henry had known on Nublar. And even his physique had changed - he went from a weedy computer engineer to someone who looked like he hunted dangerous game for a living. His muscles were lean and strong, evidence of many hours spent trudging through the wilderness.
"You look - tough," Henry admired, a little shocked. “I never really took you for the outdoorsy-type.”
“Guess I had a change of heart,” Arnold said proudly. “Engineering is always what I’ll be known for, but life in the outdoors - it ain’t all that bad. So what brings you here, Henry?”
“I was asked to come,” Wu said, gesturing to Atherton who was still in conversation with the bearded man.
“That man with the beard? That’s Noah. Noah Frazier. He’s a ex-marine. Served fifteen years before they kicked him out. Became a wildlife expert - and now he works for us,” Arnold said. “Tough guy. Knows his stuff. We more or less take all our orders from him.”
Noah turned his eyes onto Henry, and stuck out a meaty hand. “The famous Henry Wu. An honour.” He said those words with obvious contempt. Henry shook his hand. “You must be Noah.”
“That’s right,” Noah replied. “I see my reputation proceeds me. Well, we best be going. Have a lot of messes to clean up.” He glanced at Henry, somewhat implying that Henry was responsible for all of their woes.
“Don’t mind him,” said Arnold. “He’s all bark and no bite. Not having enemies shooting at him 24/7 has made him soft. I’ll bet you could take him down.”
“Thanks but I don’t think I’ll try anytime soon,” Wu said.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Ian Malcolm had just finished another lecture. It had gone smoothly, except when he was asked his thoughts on the rumors of InGen’s activities in Costa Rica. Somehow the press had learned of his hospital stay there several months ago and after a story about cloned dinosaurs was leaked Malcolm had found himself hounded by people looking for a connection. Malcolm, however, had told them nothing and it seemed like the excitement over InGen’s rumored genetic creations was starting to die down.

As Malcolm left the institute, he found somebody waiting for him. A pretty face he had seen during his recovery in the aftermath of the Incident.

“Dr. Harding,” Malcolm smiled. “What a surprise and a pleasure. How are you?”

“It’s great to see you again, Dr. Malcolm,” Sarah Harding answered, returning the smile. “I’m doing fine. After everything I experienced, going back to lions and tigers is boring in comparison.”

“I imagine so,” Malcolm chuckled. “How’s your family? Is Jess and your father doing well? What about that Atlanta girl you adopted?”

“Mom reacted to Atlanta well,” Sarah explained. “Atlanta is adapting pretty well, though she is having some trouble adjusting. We just have to give her time though. Jess is fine as well. And I imagine you read about my father.”

“Yeah, in the tabloids. Breaking the non-disclosure agreement was not a good idea. He didn’t stand a chance against Ludlow.”

“That’s why I’m here, actually. You’re a respected chaotician, Dr. Malcolm. If you supported my father’s story-”

“I would lose my credibility and become a laughing stock. No thank you, Dr. Harding. I am not about to lose my career.”

“Dr. Malcolm, the public deserves to know the truth. InGen covered up the deaths of innocent people. Deaths that they need to be held responsible for. If they’re not exposed, history could repeat itself. Please.”

Malcolm was silent for a moment. Then he sighed. “Fine. Let’s talk about this more ocer lunch. And please, call me Ian.”

Sarah smiled. “It’s a date then. And only if you call me Sarah, Ian.”

The two walked off together. They had a lot to discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Lewis Dodgson was in his office, going over some paperwork. He heard a knock on the door, and called out, "Who is it?"
"Laura Sorkin," came the reply. Sorkin?! But... she was supposed to be dead! According to Wu's report, she'd died on the island. How was this possible? "Come in!" he said eagerly, he wanted to know how this was possible.
The door opened and in walked Laura Sorkin. She looked bad, Dodgson thought. Scars all over her face. The bags under her eyes were dark. Her right eye was an odd shade of red. She looked old and frail, hardly the gun-totting scientist that Dodgson had met and worked briefly with on the island.
"What are you doing here?" he asked.
Sorkin walked forward and calmly took a seat. She folded her hands on her lap, then looked at Dodgson. "I believe we have a common enemy in Henry Wu," she said. "He has been your biggest hurtle for the last few years. It was his team that prevented you from getting your hands on the research which would have benefited your company greatly."
"It doesn't matter anymore," Dodgson informed her. "I have something much better."
"Oh? What's that?"
"Sorry. Company secrets."
"A shame. I really thought you trusted me."
"After you threatened me with a gun?!"
Sorkin smiled. "Sorry about that," she said, not so sincerely. "It seems I, too, was temporarily blinded by desperation. I have paid dearly for my inconsonance, as you can see." She gestured to her battered face.
"How are you even still alive? Wu said you fell into the drink, got eaten by a Mosasaur."
"Wu said," Sorkin said, a note of bitterness in her voice. "Since when did Wu's word mean anything?"
Dodgson leaned back in his seat, the way he always did when he was considering something. "So why are you here?"
"I wish to destroy Henry Wu's career once and for all, and unlike last time, now I have the means to accomplish my goal."
"What means?" Dodgson asked.
"My son is with a group. Earth First. They've long held resentment toward Hammond and his projects."
"So what are you planning?"
"I have a man on the inside. He's been feeding me information on what InGen's been doing on that island."
"Nublar?"
"No. Sorna. Site B."
Dodgson frowned. "Site B?"
Sorkin straightened up, and smiled. "I can see we're going to have to start from the beginning."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:02 pm

"Dr. Harding, wake up," Jane Powers ordered, snapping Gerry Harding out of his nap. "We're here."

Harding groaned upon being brought back into reality. He looked out the window and saw what was coming up.

Isla Sorna, which roughly meant "Sarcasm Island" in Spanish. Part of a chain called The Muertes Archipelago, also known as The Five Deaths. The name came from a Native American myth about a brave warrior facing a different execution on each of the five islands: burning, drowning, crushing, hanging and beheading. InGen owned all five islands, but to Harding's knowledge all but Isla Sorna had been left alone.

Isla Sorna, the largest island of the chain, was located 207 miles west of Costa Rica and code named Site B. In the distant past the island had been occupied by Indians and in the 1860s a coffee plantation had been built. It was later owned by a German mining company, but currently the island was the location of the InGen worker village Burroughs and the various research facilities, that created most of the dinosaurs and nursed them in temporary enclosures before they were fit to be shipped off to Jurassic Park, located 87 miles west of InGen's "factory floor."

Gerry Harding hadn't been to Isla Sorna in several years. He was surprised that it hadn't been abandoned yet since the collapse of Isla Nublar, but Ludlow must have plans for the island. Surely he couldn't be thinking of another Jurassic Park...

The helicopter touched down on a landing strip. Jane Powers got out first and she beckoned Harding to follow her. Harding did so and he froze when he saw who was waiting for him by a jeep.

Harding wasn't sure if he should be angry or glad to see the familiar face. Henry Wu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Ludlow was at home, cooking himself some dinner, when his phone rang. Inwardly, he groaned; usually, a phone call at this hour could only mean bad news. He wiped his greasy fingers on a towel and picked up the phone. "Hello?"
"Mr. Ludlow." That was Teddy, his assistant. "I have news."
"Yes?" Ludlow said impatiently. Get on with it! he thought.
"We have reason to believe that a spy has infiltrated Site B," Teddy informed him.
Ludlow leaned against the counter, suddenly dizzy. "A spy?"
"Yes sir. We intercepted some sensitive documents. Quite by accident, I might add. I think you had better read them for yourself."
"Right, right," Ludlow muttered, hardly able to comprehend the words he was hearing. Just when everything seemed to be getting back to normal... "I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He hung up, and stared at the phone for a moment before redialing. It rang for several moments, then a woman's voice answered.
"Hi, Karen," Ludlow said. "Listen, I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to cancel tonight. Big emergency at work. Yeah. I'm sorry. Tomorrow? Okay. Sounds good." He ended the call and put the phone on the counter. He glanced at the meal he had prepared, suddenly his apatite was gone. He walked to the door and grabbed his coat.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:10 pm

"Henry," Harding acknowledged after several moments of awkward silence.

"Gerry," Wu replied. "How are your daughters?"

"I would rather be with them right now, if that's what you're asking," Harding answered.

"I'm sorry," Wu apologized. "Having you come here wasn't my decision."

"I understand," Harding nodded. "This wasn't your fault."

It's Ludlow's, Harding thought.

A man came up from behind Wu and shook Harding's hand smiling. "Dr. Harding, I'm so glad that you're here. I'm Norman Atherton. Hammond always spoke so highly of you. I look forward to working with his chief veternarian."

Atherton reminded Harding of Hammond. Eccentric and brilliant, but dangerously naive.

"I hope that we can talk later," Harding told Atherton. "About what we spoke over the phone."

"Perhaps later," Atherton dismissed. "There are other matters to attend to first that require your expertise."

Harding saw another woman with Wu and Atherton, somebody he recognized from his last visit to the island. "Lori," he greeted.

"Gerry," the woman replied.

"What the hell?!" Harding heard Jane Powers scream. Harding's attention was taken away from the welcoming committee and to the head of public relations, who was dragging two girls by their arms.

"Jess!" Harding realized in horror. "Atlanta!"

"I found them in the luggage space," Jane explained. "I recommend we have them sent back immediately."

"Of course," Harding agreed.

"Dad, I just didn't want us to be separated again," Jess begged. "Not after what happened last time. I was worried. So was Atlanta."

"We're here to watch your back," Atlanta added. "No more splitting up. I... I didn't want you to be alone. Aren't you tired of InGen keeping you away from your family?"

"They'll be safe," Atherton promised. "I can take them to the nursery. Kathy will watch them and keep the girls busy."

Harding sighed. Jess was just like her older sister. But he couldn't blame her. "Your mom is going to kill me," he said, shaking his head. "She must be worried sick."

Atherton offered his satellite phone and Harding called his wife. She was of course furious and wanted her daughters back in San Diego, but reluctantly agreed to have the girls stay with Harding.

"Just don't let anything happen to them," she said before ending the call.

Atlanta recognized Wu and she glared at him. "I'm sorry, Dad," Jess apologized.

"It's fine," Harding said. "But when we get back home you two are grounded for a long time."

"That's only fair," Atlanta sighed. She just wanted to be here for Harding, especially after he was there for her on Nublar. It might be foolish, but her new family mattered more to her. That and proving her suspicions of InGen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:08 pm

"I have some work to do. I want you two to go to the nursery with Norman," Gerry told Jess and Atlanta.
"Come on. I'll bet you're excited to see some dinosaurs," said Atherton brightly.
Jess and Atlanta shared a look. "Well..."
They and Atherton got into the Jeep and sped off. Gerry watched them leave, anxiously.
"Don't worry about them," Ruso consoled. "Norman will keep a close eye on them."
"In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do," Wu said. "And the sooner we get done the sooner you can go home."
"Great," Gerry said dryly. "Where do we start?"

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Elsewhere, the infamous Dr. Gustavus returned to his private bunker on the other side of Isla Sorna. he enjoyed his privacy and his own sanctuary he could retreat to was one of his requests when InGen hired him. Luckily, they were willing to meet his needs and so far he had been left alone, though some of the newer members of the staff were starting to get nosy. But Gustavus could always get them fired before they uncovered anything.

But right now it was feeding time.

Gustavus walked over to one of the bunker's cages. Animals stirred in the dark and pairs of glowing eyes watched Gustavus. In the shadows the animals clicked and hissed at him.

"Don't worry," Gustavus reassured. "You won't go hungry on my watch."

Gustavus had brought with him ground-up sheep meat, that's what all the carnivorous dinosaurs at Site B were fed. He tossed the meat into the cage and a claw dragged the food out of sight. Gustavus listened to the creatures devouring their meal.

"You're welcome," Gustavus said, not expecting a reply. He let the Troodon enjoy the meat, they weren't the only dinosaurs he kept in here. And they were certainly hungry as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm

The Jeep bounced down the jungle road. Noah was driving, and Arnold was in the passenger seat. He drank from a canteen, then offered the canteen to the man in the seat behind him, Jeff. Jeff took it and took a drink, then passed it back to Arnold. Arnold passed it to Noah, who shook his head in refusal.
"I never drink and drive," he explained.
"Smart idea," Arnold replied, and had another drink.
They were almost done for the day. Noah just wanted to hit a couple more nests. Herrerasaurus nests. Herrerasaurus' were nasty little dinosaurs; bigger than a raptor and just a vicious, they could snap your neck with the slightest jerk. But nevertheless, Arnold would rather face a pack of Herrerasaurus' than a pack of velociraptors.
The Jeep rolled to a stop. Noah grabbed his rifle and jumped out. "Alright boys, last one. Let's make it quick." Everyone grunted in reply. Arnold followed his team into the jungle thicket. They kept their wits about them, keeping watch on all sides of them at once. Then Arnold smelled something: something rank and disgusting. He stopped, "Wait." The rest of the procession stopped, too. "What is it?" Noah asked. Arnold tapped his noise, "Smell that?" Noah's moustache twitched as he took a biff whiff: "Yeah, smells like dead meat." Arnold nodded. He looked around, and determined that the smell was coming from a nearby hole in the ground. He made his way towards it. The stench was overpowering. He looked inside the hole. Dead Herrerasaur. But something else too... something white and brittle. Almost looked like an eggshell. Arnold reached inside the hole and grabbed the eggshell. His fingers brushed against the rotting meat, and he gagged. He pulled his hand out and examined the object. It was an eggshell, all right.
"What's that doing there?" Noah wondered aloud.
Arnold shook his head. "Maybe it was a nest?" He turned the shell over in his hands. There was something in the back of his mind itching to surface. Something about this was wrong, but he didn't know what. Suddenly, it came to him, and he froze in shock.
"We have to get back to mission control. Now," Arnold said, standing up suddenly, knocking into Noah. "What? Why?" the larger man asked.
"We just have to," Arnold said, and ran back to the Jeep without looking to see if the others were following.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Using a life-like puppet of an adult Hypsilophodon's head, Atlanta fed the shy hatchings. The woman at the nursery, Kathy, was very nice and she instructed the girls on how to care for all the infant dinosaurs that were kept there. Atlanta had some very negative memories about the dinosaurs she encountered on Isla Nublar, but she also remembered the baby Triceratops named Ralph that she had been allowed to pet. This nursery was similar to that good memory among that awful experience. Atlanta even smiled as she was reminded that not all dinosaurs wanted to kill her.

Jess was feeding a group of Mussaurus with Kathy. "How long are the dinosaurs kept here?" Jess asked.

"A few months," Kathy explained. "When the animals reach their juvenile stage we release them into temporary enclosures. We use radio collars to keep track of them, though some species chew them off. Like the raptors, for example."

Jess froze. She remembered when the bunker on Isla Sorna was broken into by Velociraptors. "Are there any raptors on this island?"

"We always have a few in case the Big One killed any," Kathy answered. "Don't worry, they're always watched and guarded. Especially during the night."

"Good," Jess nodded.

"How many dinosaurs did InGen create?" Atlanta wanted to know, figuring that the hatchlings didn't need her help anymore.

"I don't know," Kathy admitted. "You'll have to ask one of our geneticists, like Henry."

Atlanta didn't answer. Wu was one of the last people she wanted to talk to.

"What's going to happen to all these infants now that Jurassic Park is shut down for good?" Jess asked, breaking the silence.

"Nobody knows," Kathy sighed. "It's our duty to nurture them until they're old enough to take care of themselves, but I'm not sure what's going to happen to Site B. Ludlow might decide to put them all down, but I hope that's not the case. I've grown quite attached to my babies."

"I can see why," Jess giggled. A Mussaurus was licking her hand, the tongue tickling her skin.

Atlanta didn't say anything, but she personally thought that putting down these creatures might be a good idea. As cute as the infants were, InGen was still creating invasive species and releasing them into ecosystems unprepared for herbivores and carnivores of such size. The damage that could be done to local flora and fauna was potentially catastrophic. And there were all the lives ruined by InGen's animals. Including her mother's. If they were kept in a controlled environment it could work, but InGen had been reckless and that recklessness had disastrous consequences.

"It's only a matter of time before Site B follows Nublar's example," Atlanta whispered to herself as she looked around the nursery.

On surface level, everything looked perfect just as InGen intended. But Atlanta was sure that this island had a hidden dark side, things going on behind the scenes that people that Wu and Ludlow wouldn't want the public to know about. Wasn't that the point of Site B? To hide the truth from the tourists and give them a happy lie that leaves out the stuff InGen would prefer to keep secret?

Not everything on Isla Sorna was as it seemed. And Atlanta was determined to find out what really happened on the "factory floor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Derek snapped another picture of the Edmontosaurus. He then examined the photograph he had just taken, it was blurry. He sighed and said, ruefully, "I wish my photographer buddy was here. All my pictures suck."
Abby let out a light chuckle, which was drowned out by a sudden outburst from the lead Edmontosaurus. The dinosaur reared up on its back legs and trumpeted, noisly, shattering the peaceful calm that had settled over the land. Suddenly the entire herd bagan stampeding - right toward Abby and Derek!
"Move!" Derek screamed above the noise. He and Abby jumped into the Jeep. Abby put pedal to the floor. The Jeep sprang forward, right into the path of the herd. Derek closed his eyes and gripped his seat, expecting nothing but an instant death. Instead, their Jeep cleared the path just in time as the herd raced past, trampling the ground where they had been only a second before.
Abby and Derek took a moment to catch their breaths, watching the herd disappear over a rise. Then they shared a look.
"What was that?!" Derek demanded.
Abby shook her head, still breathing hard.
"They must have caught wind of something they didn't like."
"What?" Abby questioned.
"I don't know. A predator?" suggested Derek.
"There are no predators around here," Abby protested.
Derek put his head in his hands. "I thought we were dead!"
Derek was just happy to be alive, but Abby was puzzled. What could it have been that spooked the herd? Like she said, there were no carnivores in this part of the island - so what could it have been?
A worker came running up to them, his hair drenched in sweat. "Are you alright?!" he asked worriedly. Abby nodded, "Yes, just shaken up." The worker sighed in relief. "Good, well we better get out of here in case they get riled up again."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 pm

"Are you sure this is necessary, Mr. Ludlow?" Teddy asked as Ludlow's personal helicopter started to land.

"This is my company now," Ludlow insisted. "If I want to save it, sometimes taking action is needed. As much as I prefer my office, there are matters so important that they require my presence. I have to see this through myself. It's my duty to InGen and my uncle to attend to this business personally."

"Alright," Teddy nodded. "Should I let Ruso know that you're coming to inspect the Sorna facilities personally?"

"No," Ludlow decided. "If there is a spy, it would be important that my arrival be kept a secret. If this spy knew they could cover their tracks before I got there. We wouldn't want to lose any advantage we have."

"Of course," Teddy agreed. "I'll let Karen know that you might be kept busy until the emergency is dealt with."

"Hopefully this will be sorted out quickly," Ludlow said, more to himself than Teddy. He gripped the cane Lockwood had given him. There was a lot counting on Ludlow.

He got into the helicopter and it took off. It was time to pay a visit to Sire B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Dr. Gustavus glanced at his watch. It was getting late in the day. It was almost time for dinner. He contemplated just having dinner in his lab, but decided he'd like go have it at the cafeteria. He could use the company, and besides that, this was his opportunity to see the infamous Henry Wu. Maybe he could present some ideas to the young geneticist.
As he left his lab, he happened to glance down and notice some footprints in the soft earth. At first he thought they were just bird tracks, but as he looked closer, he realized what they actually were. Troodon footprints, thought Gustavus, a chill of dread spreading down his body. But this was impossible! None of the Troodon had gotten out; if they had, he would have known about it. But here was the evidence. This was bad - very bad. Never mind going to dinner, Gustavus had a serious problem on his hands. He couldn't let the others know that he had bred Troodon here without consent. He had to cover this up before more people found out. But he couldn't do it alone; he needed help. But who could he turn to?

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 pm

"That's it for today," Trey Roland heard one of the maintenace workers announce. "Let's pack up, head back to Burroughs, and call it a night."

The others were glad to be done with the repairs. This enclosure in particular made the maintenace crew feel uneasy.

"What's in there that scares them?" Trey asked another worker.

"They're tranquilized right now, but when they're awake you'll never see them coming..."

Trey waited for the worker to continue, but he said nothing more and helped the rest of the crew back up. Trey looked into the enclosure. Right now, he saw nothing. The inhabitants probably wouldn't recover from their dose in another few hours.

Trey decided he would ask Arnold about it later, but something about the worker's words frightened him. You'll never see them coming...

(The first Carnotaurus hint...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Howard King lay in bed, unable to sleep. His thoughts kept returning to the island, its inhabitants. It seemed that whenever he closed his eyes, there they were. Staring at him with those cold, reptilian eyes, posed to jump.
He shivered and pulled the covers closer around his trembling body. He turned over and looked at his wife. She was asleep. Howard smiled. If there was one thing he could be grateful for about his experience on the island, it was this: it may have saved his marriage. Before the incident, he had been considering divorcing Lydia. His almost dying on the island made them realize how much they cared about each other. Howard touched her softly on the cheek before closing his eyes. He began to drift off when the phone awoke him. He sat up and grabbed it off the nightstand. "H... hello?" he said, blurrily.
"Howard." It was Dodgson.
"Yes? What is it?" Howard asked.
"I need your help. Can you get down here?"
Howard swallowed. "What do you need help with?"
"Sorkin's here," Dodgson said. "She wants to help us."
"Sorkin?!" Howard repeated, louder than he intended. Lydia stirred, and Howard waited a few seconds for her to fall back to sleep. More quietly, he continued: "I thought she was dead."
"So did I. She's a tough woman to kill, I'll give her that."
"You trust her?" Howard asked.
Dodgson just laughed. "Trust? No. But she can help us. She has people who are just as anxious to take InGen down as I am."
Howard considered this for a moment. "Do I have to come right now? It's..." he glanced at the clock on his nightstand. "Three in the morning."
"It's important," Dodgson said.
Howard sighed, heavily. "Alright. I'm coming."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:51 pm

It was night on Isla Sorna. Atlanta and Jess were fast asleep in one of the beds in a small hotel in Burroughs. Harding made sure that they were safely sleeping before getting some rest as well, taking a nap while sitting in a chair.

Suddenly there came a knock at the door. Harding quickly awoke and he rushed to answer it, he didn't want to disturb the girls.

It was Arnold. And Harding didn't like the look on the man's face.

"Ray, what's wrong?" Harding asked.

"My God," Arnold said, trying to control his breathing. "Gerry, we've found something. A dead Herreasaur. And inside it were eggshells."

"Eggshells?" Harding asked. He didn't like where this was going.

"I had a theory, but hoped I was wrong. I checked with Wu and... Gerry, there are Troodon on this island."

"No..." Harding said in horror. "That's not possible."

"I wish it wasn't so," Arnold agreed. "That's why I didn't come get you unless I was certain. But I can't deny the proof. Ruso and Atherton need you. Now."

"What about my daughters?" Harding asked.

"Trey will watch them," Arnold explained. "He's here with me too. Waiting outside."

Harding nodded. "Alright. Let's go see how bad this is."

They went outside. Trey was by the jeep, just like Arnold said. He looked tired, but he forced a smile. "Dr. Harding."

"Protect my daughters, Trey," Harding told him. "Don't let anything happen to them. Please."

"You can count on me," Trey promised. He then went into the hotel, while Harding and Arnold drove off into the night.

-

Jane Powers waited by the landing strip as Ludlow's helicopter landed. Once it did, her employer got out. He looked out of place on the tropical island.

"Ms. Powers," he greeted.

"Mr. Ludlow," Powers greeted back. "Your arrival is a surprise."

"That's the intention," Ludlow pointed out. "How's Harding?"

"Cooperative, though two of his daughters decided to tag along without our knowledge."

"As long as they aren't getting in the way, I don't care. This is a development facility, not a daycare."

"Atherton put them in the nursery, which kept them busy."

"Good. Then let's have a chat with Atherton and his staff, shall we?"

Powers nodded and helped him into the jeep. She then took him to their destination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:19 am

Arnold stopped the car, and he and Harding got out. Harding saw Atherton, Ruso, Wu, and a large man with a beard standing nearby. They made their way towards the group.
"You told him?" Atherton asked, gesturing to Harding. Atherton's face was etched with worry, which brought out his age even more.
"Yes," Arnold said, "he's been informed."
Ruso was pacing irritably, unable to calm herself down. "We never bred any Troodon," she said. "So how did they get here?"
"Maybe they migrated from the other island," Wu suggested.
"And how could they have done that, Henry?!" Ruso snapped. She went back to pacing. "This is a disaster. An absolute disaster."
"And Ludlow will be here any minute," the bearded man remarked.
Ruso stopped pacing to snap at him, "I know, Noah! You don't have to remind me every five seconds!"
"Ruso, everyone... stay calm," Atherton said, his voice calm. "We won't get anywhere by fighting. We have to work together."
"What should we do?" the bearded man asked.
"There's only one thing TO do: we have to find them and eliminate them. The sooner the better, if what Dr. Wu told me about them is true," said Atherton determinedly.
"I hope he didn't leave out the part where they lay eggs in you while you're still alive," Harding said. A sickly silence fell over the group. Harding caught Noah staring at him, mouth open in shock. "They do that?" he asked.
Harding nodded. "Yes."
Noah swore into his beard.
"I still want to know how they got here," Ruso said. "We certainly didn't breed them."
"Well, someone did," Arnold said. "The question is, who?"
"It doesn't matter right now," Harding said, "what matters is we find them and kill them before someone gets hurt."
"You know just as well as I do that that will be very difficult," Arnold told him.
"Why?" Noah asked, folding his arms over his chest.
"They're the most intelligent and dangerous animals on the earth," Wu told him.
Noah scoffed. "They're just animals."
"Don't ever underestimate the abilities of an animal that God himself deemed was too dangerous to remain alive," Harding warned him.
"Without trackers, finding them will be like finding a needle in a haystack," Ruso said.
"Maybe not." Arnold scratched his chin. "We found a nest. The parents must visit it often."
"But you said all the eggs were hatched," Wu protested.
"Troodon live in colonies, right? You don't find just one nest on its own. You find several. If there's one nest, there's bound to be more."
"It's worth a try," Atherton shrugged.
"It's a start," Ruso agreed.
"I'll organize the hunt," Noah said. "Arnold, you're with me. What about you?" he looked at Wu. Wu's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head, "No, no, I'll be much more useful here." Noah rolled his eyes, annoyed at the geneticist's cowardice. "Then what about you?" he asked Harding. Harding was about to refuse, but he wouldn't dare do such a thing with Wu right there. Swallowing his fear, he nodded. "Yeah, I'll go." Noah looked vaguely impressed.
"Take the best men you have," Atherton said. "And bring plenty of ammo and protection. Bring the big guns."
"We'll stay here and see if we can figure out where those things came from," said Ruso.
"Alright," Noah said. He nodded to Arnold and Harding. "Come on, let's go wake the boys."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:45 am

Trey nervously paced around the hotel room. He was nervous, the memories of the hospital attack still fresh in his mind. He checked his holster, hoping he wouldn't have to use it. But it was impossible to forget that awful night two months ago, when many good people lost their lives.

"Who are you?" a voice asked.

Trey turned around. One of the girls was sitting up in bed and looking suspiciously at him.

"Uh, Trey Roland," Trey answered. "A maintenace worker. I'm a friend of your father."

"And where is he?"

"His expertise was needed," Trey explained. "I was trusted to watch you girls until he got back."

"And why do we need to be watched?" the girl wanted to know. "Why do you have a gun? Is there any danger?"

"Better safe than sorry," Trey told her. "Can't be too careful after what happened last time."

"Were you there?" the girl asked. It was obvious that she wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.

"Yeah," Trey admitted. "Lost my best friends to raptors and nearly froze to death in a freezer. Then I was almost killed during the mainland attacks."

"I lost my mom during the Incident," the girl related. "Nearly lost my life during the aftermath trying to find out what really happened to. I'm sorry about your friends."

"And I'm sorry about your mother," Trey said genuinely. "You're Atlanta, right? At least you got a new family out of the Incident. I don't know Dr. Harding well, but he's a good man."

"He is," Atlanta admitted. "A lot has changed for me in a few months. I miss my mom, but I'm happy that Gerry took me in. And I always wanted to have a sister. Now I have to. Sarah's great and though I haven't known Jess too long, I want to be close to her."

"I want to be close to you too," Jess admitted. She was still laying in bed, but was awake and listening.

"Were you awake the whole time?" Atlanta asked.

"Yep," Jess nodded. "What you said was sweet." She smiled. "But can't a girl get some sleep?"

Atlanta giggled and she laid back in bed. The girls were quiet and soon Trey thought they were asleep again. Trey smiled. He could see why Harding was so protective of them. Harding trusted Trey and he wasn't about to let him down. No matter what was out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:58 am

Ludlow walked into the control room, with Jane Powers right on his heels. "Lori? What is going on here?" he asked.
Ruso sucked in a breath, and exchanged a glance with Atherton. "You see, sir..." she began, before trialing off. Ludlow stared at her, waiting for her to continue. Suddenly Atherton cut in.
"Some of our men found a Troodon nest," he explained.
Ludlow's face went blank as he tried to comprehend this new information. Behind him, Jane gasped. "A Troodon NEST?" she repeated, incredulously.
Atherton nodded slowly. "We don't know how... we never bred any Troodon on this island..."
"The spy," Ludlow said, his voice barely audible.
Atherton blinked in surprise. "The spy? What spy?"
Before Ludlow could answer, Ruso cut in.
"We intercepted a coded link between an outside vendor, and someone on this island," she explained. "Someone has been leaking vital intel to someone on the outside." Atherton goggled at her in shock. "Why didn't you tell me this before?" he demanded. Ruso merely shrugged and said, "Ludlow asked me not to tell anyone until he got here."
"Now we have two huge problems on our hands," Wu said.
"We'll figure it out," Ruso said determinedly. "Both problems."
"Between the two, I'd say the Troodon issue is the more serious at the moment," Wu said.
"Lori," Ludlow said, drawing her attention. "Do you think someone, someone acting out of my jurisdiction, could have bred some Troodon?"
"I can't think of anyone who..." Ruso trailed off, her eyes narrowing. "Actually, there is one person..."
"Who?" Jane Powers shrilled.
"Gustavus."
Ludlow shook his head. "Gustavus would never-"
"He's flaunted the rules in the past," Ruso argued. "Acted beyond jurisdiction-"
"He's loyal," Ludlow insisted.
"Sir, if you knew him as I do, you'd know he shouldn't be trusted. I never felt comfortable with saying that before, but now I think we have a reason to question his integrity."
Ludlow folded his arms and lowered his voice. "Then you had better find some proof."
Ruso shared a glance with Wu. "Well, doctor Wu? Don't you think you and I should pay old Gustavus a visit?"

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:41 am

Before Wu could answer, he heard his radio turn on. He quickly answered it.

"Yes, this is Wu," he said into it.

"Dr. Wu, we found somebody," an InGen security guard explained. "He was snooping around in the labs and the ID we found on him was fake."

Wu sighed. "I'll be there right away." He turned to the others. "This might be our spy. However, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions. I'll talk to him alone."

"If you insist, Dr. Wu," Ludlow told him. "I'll give you five minutes. Work quickly."

Wu nodded and went to the room where the intruder was being held. The intruder was a thin man dressed in a khaki shirt and shorts. Surprisingly, Wu recognized him.

"Richard Levine?"

"Indeed," the man nodded. "And you are Dr. Henry Wu."

"What are you doing here?"

"Two months ago I was approached by a man named Lewis Dodgson. He offered me a position with his company because of my expertise, but I turned him down. I don't approve of his law-breaking studies, especially the rabies vaccine test he conducted on farmers in Chile without their knowledge of consent. However, that conversation did lead me into a personal investigation of InGen and the rumors surrounding some incidents from June that were covered up. And I decided to sneak onto Isla Sorna to see their dinosaurs."

"So you're not working for anyone? You just wanted to see dinosaurs?"

"That's every paleontologist's dream, isn't it? I've spent my whole life studying bones, but that wasn't good enough. There's only so much that can be learned from fossils. I understand what I did was illegal, but I just had to see them."

"Well, you chose a bad time to come here," Wu admitted. "Ludlow's going to be pissed..."

Wu honestly had to admire Levine in a way, but right now he had bigger problems...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Wu took Levine back to the control room. Ludlow regarded them both, coolly. "So," he began, "you must be the spy-"
"It's not him, sir," Wu interrupted. "This is doctor Richard Levine, a paleontologist. One of the best out there."
"Is that what he told you?" Ludlow asked.
"Excuse me," Jane interrupted, she suddenly appeared anxious. "I have to check on something." She rushed out of the room. Wu watched her go, then turned to Ludlow in confusion. "What's with her?" he asked.
Ludlow shrugged. "I don't control everything my employees do, you know. Now, where were we...? Oh, yes, I believe you were just about to explain what you're doing on my island." He looked pointedly at Levine.
Levine proceeded to tell him what he had just told Wu. When he was done, Ludlow put his hands behind his back. "You seem an honest enough man, Dr. Levine. But tensions are a little high right now, and I can't risk letting you go. You'll be kept here until we can properly evaluate your story and determine whether or not you are who you say you are."
Wu expected Levine to protest, but the man merely shrugged. "Fine with me. I had no plans this weekend. Besides, I want to see more dinosaurs."
Ludlow pursed his lips. "Let's make something straight here," he began. "This is not a vacation. You aren't permitted to roam around the island like some tourist. You'll be kept in a secure room with a guard to watch over you twenty four-seven."
Levine was indignant. "You can't keep me prisoner," he protested.
"I'm afraid we don't have much of a choice," Ludlow remarked ruefully. He nodded to a guard standing nearby. "Jim, would you accompany Mr. Levine to his room?"
The guard, Jim, began to move toward Levine. Levine backed away from him and said, "You know, that's really too bad, because I think I could be a great help to you."
"That's fine, thank you," Ludlow said.
"I'm sorry Dr. Levine," Wu told him. "Better safe than sorry, right?"
Jim grabbed Levine by the arm. Levine struggled only momentarily. The guard's strength was too great. As he began to lead him away, Levine called over his shoulder, "You shouldn't trust Gustavus."
Ludlow turned around, slowly, to face the scientist. "What?" The guard stopped pushing Levine for a moment. Levine straightened his glasses. He looked like a roughed-up schoolboy.
"I said, do not trust Gustavus. I know him; he's dangerous. And egotistical. Dangerous and egotistical; that's two traits you never want. I'd so far as to say he's almost as bad as Dodgson."
"No one's as bad as Dodgson," Ludlow said dismissively.
"Still, if you know what's good for you you'll get rid of him."
"I'm sorry, Dr. Levine, but you're in no position to be making accusations about anyone's integrity." He nodded to Jim, signaling for him to take Levine away.
"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Levine called over his shoulder.
There was a momentary quiet. Ludlow nodded to Wu and Ruso. "If you're going to go talk to Gustavus, now is the time."
"Right," Ruso said. She walked past Wu. After a moment Wu followed her. As they walked down the hall, Wu said, "You know, I think it wouldn't hurt to come prepared. You know, in case Gustavus really is the scoundrel everyone thinks he is."
Ruso stopped, and partially lifted up her shirt, revealing a holstered gun. Wu goggled. "You just carry one of those around all the time?" he said.
Ruso smirked, "You never know what might happen." She lowered her shirt and the two of them continued on.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Abby decided that something had to be done about Gustavus. Even if Ludlow intended to keep him around no matter how much trouble he caused, Abby knew that he couldn't be trusted. His behavior had been more secretive lately and Abby thought he was trying to hide something. Who knows what he could be working on in that private bunker of his?

She didn't tell Derek because she knew he would try to stop her and if there was any danger she didn't want to put him at risk as well. Anyway, at this hour Gustavus must be asleep, so Abby could investigate his bunker without worry.

As Abby picked the lock to his lab, she noticed bird-like tracks in the soft earth. Abby didn't recognize them, but this was a tropical island with many species of bird. So the tracks probably belonged to a species that lived on this side of the island.

The door opened and Abby slipped through. It was dark inside the lab and Abby's fingers searched for a light switch. She thought she heard noises in the darkness. She found the switch and the room became flooded with light.

Revealing the cages that filled the room. But most shocking of all were the creatures inside the cages.

Dinosaurs, Abby realized. She didn't recognize the species, but they certainly weren't on InGen's list. They must be genetically altered, Abby figured. Gustavus was making hybrids.

And these conditions couldn't be humane. These creatures were kept in small cages and probably weren't fed enough either. This is what Gustavus was doing in private? Abby covered her mouth in horror.

The door closed behind her. Abby turned around and saw a furious Gustavus holding a shotgun, the barrel aimed at her heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   

Back to top Go down

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: Fanwork Hub-
Jump to: