Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:43 pm

John and Trey sat in silence. Once again, they were trapped. The only difference was that instead of hiding from raptors, they were now hiding from dog-sized, white-eyed horrors. And instead of being inside the maintenance room, now they were sitting uncomfortably inside of a tool closet, crouched down in silence for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then again, they really didn't even have a sense of time down here. Who knew if it was day or night? All they knew was that their lamp was running out of battery, and they were getting increasingly hot in there.

The clicking of the monsters outside the door was still going on, although now it was much less frequent. It seemed the creatures were growing tired of scratching at the door, and were beginning to go terrorize people elsewhere. Maybe soon they would give up altogether and leave the two maintenance workers alone.

---

Meanwhile, Grant and the kids' raft had caught the attention of a large theropod.

A Baryonyx had emerged from the river while passing by and had begun to sniff curiously around the raft. This was a strange object, with a strange scent attached to it. An unfamiliar smell that this Baryonyx didn't like. It started prodding the raft with its snout, grunting.

Open, says smug:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Malone Society
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:00 pm

“Could you tell me more about this dangerous Troodon that everyone is worried about?” Jess boredly asked Wu in the control room.

“Why do you want to know?”

“I figured my dad would want me to learn something during this educational experience,” Jess shrugged. “Also, I’m genuinely curious and really bored.”

Wu smiled, amused. “Troodon, meaning ‘wounding tooth’, is a small omnivorous bird-like theropod that was designated IG74726f6f646f6e after we recreated it,” he explained. “They have very long legs with specialized feet, in which the middle long bone was pinched out at the top to form a shock-absorbing wedge. This allows them to run very fast. Their skin is pale gray with irregular dark dorsal stripes, a red underbelly, and a row of protofeathers running down their back. Their eyes are bulbous and have Tapetum lucidum, which is a layer of tissue that reflects light through the retina in order to see better in the dark that many animals such as cats, dogs, and raccoons have, which makes their eyes glow in the dark. As a side effect, they were unable to withstand intense light. They are just as intelligent as the Velociraptors if not more so and their primary weapon is their venomous bite. They hunt by biting their victim and stalking it as it suffers from the effect of the venom. The toxin in their saliva that their teeth retain causes hallucinations. In some cases this causes the victim to become violent and attack nearby individuals. Unless the infection is treated by an extremely powerful tranquilizer the victim will go into a series of convulsions and seizures. The final stage is paralysis and brain death. Upon Troodon’s creation Hammond did not add the species to InGen’s List because it did not fit his vision for Jurassic Park and he wanted them to be evaluated before considering adding an attraction for Troodon. Ultimately it was deemed that Troodon was a threat to his vision for Jurassic Park and he ordered that the clones be destroyed along with the records of their creation. You don’t want to be left behind by this dinosaur.”

“Why not?” Jess wanted to know.

“Well, we’ve seen a Troodon lay unfertilized eggs inside one of their paralyzed victims,” Wu recounted, remembering the poor goat. We presume that the victim’s body is used to provide both body heat and food for the hatchlings if the eggs were fertile, which would proceed to eat the corpse from the inside out. This method of rearing young is like that of Spider wasp species, which makes the Troodon being the only non-insect that uses this method.”

“That’s awful,” Jess said in disgust. “And these dinosaurs are out there in the park?”

“It seems so, unfortunately,” Wu told her. “We’re safe though. They’re nocturnal hunters, so they’re most likely asleep and nowhere near us.”

“Good,” Jess nodded. She sat up and stretched. “I’ve been sitting down too long. I’m going to walk around the building for a bit. If my dad asks, tell him I’m fine.”

“I will,” Wu promised, watching Jess leave.

A few minutes later, Ray Arnold realized that he couldn’t find his pack of cigarettes. He must have misplaced them.

-

"Get away from me!" Nima warned as she swung at the dinosaur.

The Herrerasaurus snapped at Nima as it looked for an opening. Nima had an idea and she began backing away toward the cliff. The dinosaur followed her while maintaining a safe distance, not minding this chase since he enjoyed having a little fun with his prey. He was not used to his food resisting or trying to fight back, it was a challenge he welcomed, something new besides all the livestock he was usually fed.

Nima was fast, but so was the dinosaur. Nima did her best to dodge the teeth of her opponent and the Herrerasaurus dodged her improvised weapon.

Suddenly, the dinosaur caught the branch in his jaws and bit down, snapping it in half. Nima looked in horror at her shortened club and the dinosaur growled at her. He leapt forward, trying to get his jaws around Nima's head. The woman fell back onto the ground, jamming what remained of her weapon against the dinosaur to keep her teeth from her flesh. She could feel his hot breath and his warm saliva dripping on her face, while his claws dug into her body. Having enough of this, Nima cried out and rolled to the side... off the cliff. Nima grabbed onto the edge and she felt the Herrerasaurus bite her leg to keep himself from falling to his death. Screaming in pain and feeling herself lose her grip, Nima kicked once...

The Herrerasaurus roared in frustration, which was followed by a loud SPLAT!

Nima climbed to safety, breathing hard. Her body was covered in scratches. She groaned in pain.

"Stupid dinosaur..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Grant and the kids managed to make it safely back to the boat. Grant watched the dactyls spiraling around, gradually moving away. He sighed. But now they had a bigger problem. Grant's eyes widened when he saw the Baryonyx. The animal wasn't as big as the T-rex- it was about thirty feet long- but Grant had no doubt that those jaws and talons could do some serious damage. Grant couldn't help but feel amazed, but he knew full well that this animal was highly dangerous. He pushed the kids into the bushes. "What are you-" Grant slapped a hand over Tim's mouth. "Shh," he said. He peered out of the bushes at the giant crocodile-like animal. It prodded the raft with its long snout, quizzical. Grant hoped it wouldn't slash the raft with those big talons. If that happed, then they were gonna be screwed.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:48 pm

In the sky above, Grant heard the scream of the dactyls. They had returned. Seeing the large dinosaur in their territory, the dactyls began making coordinated dives, attacking the carnivore. The Baryonyx snarled in fury as the claws of the dactyls cut into its flesh. The Baryonyx snapped at the dactyls furiously, but they flew away from his jaws. As the dactyls circled above it, the Baryonyx roared at its aerial enemies. The dactyls made another dive, dodging the Baryonyx's teeth while attempting to do as much damage as possible. The Baryonyx spun around in an attempt to take revenge, but the dactyls were too swift. And so the battle continued.

Grant and the kids watched the conflict in awe. They realized this might be their only chance to return to their raft. But was it worth the risk?

-

Nima stumbled onto the road, clutching the wounds that the now deceased Herrerasaurus had inflicted upon her. Every step was painful, but Nima was determined to find some way off this island and away from these damn dinosaurs. Her daughter was counting on her...

A jeep was heading toward Nima, but the injured woman could not muster the energy to run back into the jungle. The jeep stopped. The door opened. A man stepped out. A man wearing a stupid hat. What was he trying to be? A secret agent?

"Miss Cruz?"

It was Dodgson.

Lewis immediately helped Nima into the passenger's seat of his jeep.

"I'm glad you're okay, Miss Cruz. Do you still have the canister?"

Nima managed a smile and she showed him the shaving cream can. Then she hit him.

"Ow!"

"That was for leaving me behind last night!"

"I'm sorry! It happened so quickly, I panicked, I wasn't thinking clearly, and I didn't even know if you were still alive or if those things had gotten you!"

"They almost did..."

"But you were rescued. By one of the people on the island."

"Yes. They handcuffed me to a bed. But I was able to pick the lock and escape."

"What injured you?"

"Some type of dinosaur. Don't worry though. I took care of it."

Dodgson looked through the jeep and found a first-aid kit. He started treating Nima's wounds.

"Thanks," she told him. "So what now?"

"We go to the docks and hope a retrieval team is sent for us. The best we can do is wait for rescue."

"We'll be sitting ducks!"

"Do you have a better idea?"

She didn't. Dodgson started the jeep. "This car smells awful..."

"That's because Nedry was killed in the seat you're sitting in."

"Yep. That explains it... so did you tell the InGen people anything?"

"They know nothing except my first name."

Dodgson nodded. He was thinking. He was worried that she might somehow lead back to him. It was most important that he wasn't caught and his company's involvement wasn't revealed. He liked Miss Cruz, she was useful. But as much as he hated it, Nima might be a loose end that he would have to deal with before leaving the island. He had the can, but he didn't need the woman... and with all the dinosaurs loose, this island could be a dangerous place. Accidents happen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Ed Regis burst into the control room, panting. "Guys-"
"I won't do it!" Arnold said. He was talking to Wu and Hammond. "You guys think it's as simple as switching a TV on and off," the engineer continued. He sounded aggravated. "Well it's not-"
"I'm fully aware," Wu said calmly yet surely. "But the fact is, you're not going to find the command that Nedry used. This is our only option."
Ed came over, temporarily forgetting his flight from the Troodon. "What's going on?" he asked.
"They're talking about shutting down the system," Ellie told him.
"Completely?"
She nodded.
"Like a hard reset?"
"Yes," Arnold said. "But we've never done it before. It may not come back on at all. Then we'd be real screwed."
"Malcolm's dying," Ellie reminded him.
"Yes, I know," Arnold said. "The fact remains-"
"The fact remains that more people are going to get hurt if you don't shut down the system!" Wu said.
Arnold turned his gaze to Hammond. He needed his approval.
Hammond regarded him for a moment, then nodded. "I just want my grandchildren back," he said softly.
Arnold sighed. Then he stood up. "Alright, you got it."
He went to the power box and unlocked it. A moment later the entire building was plunged into darkness. Ed Regis heard Arnold's footsteps in the darkness. Then he caught a glimpse of something. Two glowing white eyes. And with a sickening feeling he realized that this was the moment the creatures had been waiting for, for everything to go dark. There was a bustle of movement, scrapping sounds, and then Arnold began to scream.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm

The sounds of shrieking dactyls and a snarling Baryonyx faded into the distance. Grant decided it was too dangerous trying to retrieve the raft and he did not want to endanger the kids. They'd have to take the longer way back to the visitor center, but it was safer.

Suddenly, with a mighty hiss, a juvenile dilophosaur reared up right in front of them. It dropped down again. Grant and the kids turned to run back the way they came, and another dilophosaur reared up, flaring its hood. They were trapped. Grant started running laterally into the jungle, pulling the kids. On either side, hooting and thrashing in the underbrush. Directly ahead, a third dilophosaur hissed up into view. Grant and the kids dove into ferns to the side.

"What is this, a convention?" Grant asked.

On all sides, hisses and hoots. Grant and the kids, beneath giant five-foot ferns, listened. Grant slowly peeked out. Above the ferns, he saw two dilophosaurs. They are different: one larger and brightly colored, one smaller and dark. They hoot agreeably, and bob. A third dilophosaur, also larger and brightly colored appeared at the edge of the fern-frond. Immediately, the first dilophosaur screamed and flared at the intruder. The intruder matched. The first dilophosaur screamed intimidatingly. The intruder dropped its hood and backed away. The first dilophosaur returned its attentions to the small dark one. Gentle hoots. Gently replying hoots... Grant ducked back down.

"Are they fighting?" Lex asked Grant.

"Not exactly," Grant realized.

"It sounds like fighting."

Grant looked again, and Tim sneaked a peek too.

"I think they might be preoccupied now," Grant whispered. "Come on."

The group began crawling away, slipping past the dilophosaurs, which were entwining their long necks, doing a complex dance like mating cobras.

"Well if it's not fighting what are they
doing?" Lex wanted to know. "Are they making babies?"

"That's right," Grant said, relieved.

"I thought so," Lex nodded.

Up ahead, Grant could see what he thought was an entrance to the maintenance tunnels. Hopefully, those would offer safe passage back to the visitor center.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Muldoon stopped the jeep and jumped out. He walked to the maintenance shed. Harding was right behind him. Muldoon opened the door and went in. It was pitch black inside, but he heard footsteps.
Harding grabbed his flashlight and turned it on. The beam illuminated the darkness. Harding moved the light around. "You hear the footsteps," he said. "But where are they?"
Harding shone his light down a hallway. At the end of the hall, a pair of glowing eyes peered at them. Then the eyes vanished.
"I don't like this," Harding said.
Muldoon stepped forward with his gun ready. "Hello?" he called. "Is anyone there?"
There was no answer. "Let's get out of here," Harding said.
Muldoon paused before nodding. They left the shed and got in the jeep. "We can't put the park back in order until those things are dead," he said. He picked up his radio. "Arnold?"
There was no reply.
"Arnold?"

View user profile
The Malone Society
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Grant found a flashlight which made their journey through the maintenace tunnels easier. He hoped that they wouldn't get lost down here...

"Rats!" Lex shrieked as frightened rodents ran past their feet, ignoring the large humans as they fled from something behind them. This made Grant uneasy.

"Do you hear that?" Tim whispered.

Grant listened. It was silent, except for their breathing, rodents squeaking, and... a clicking sound that was quickly growing louder. Then there was another sound. Panicked footsteps.

Grant turned around and his flashlight revealed two maintenace workers running toward then. "Run!" one of them screamed as they ran past. "They're coming!"

A moment later Grant saw what they were running from. Creatures with glowing eyes.

Tim and Lex were already running. Grant was soon fleeing as well, trying to block out that clicking sound that was louder than ever. He didn't get a good look at the dinosaurs, but he didn't care to try to identify them at the moment. All he could do was run...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 pm

Arnold kicked out with his feet hoping to land a hit to the Troodon. But the creature easily dodged his kicks. It jumped on him. It pushed Arnold's face into the carpet. He felt the razor sharp claws in his skin and he screamed for aid.
Suddenly the weight on his back vanished. Someone pulled him to his feet and began pulling him along.
Everything ran out of the control room. Gennaro slammed the door shut behind them.
Everyone took a moment to catch their breaths. "Is everyone here?" Ellie asked hoarsely.
"Regis," Gennaro said. "Where's Regis?"
Within the control room, there came a deathly scream.
There was a sickly silence. Then Gennaro said, "I'll go warn Harding," and took off running down the hallway.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Nima was caught off guard when without warning she was pushed out of the jeep by Dodgson. She cursed as she struck the ground rolling. She picked herself up, but Dodgson had kept driving away. With the canister.

"Dammit!" Nima swore angrily. "Dodgson, you back-stabbing hijo de puta!"

Soon the jeep and Dodgson were out of sight. Nima considered her options. She knew she probably wouldn't last long out here. She could try going after Dodgson or head back to the visitor center. The visitor center was closer and the people there would have medicine and weapons. And... Nima had tried not to think about it too much, but with Nedry dead, nobody was going to turn on the power back on. The people here were trapped and threatened by the escaped dinosaurs. Nima felt bad about all the people that might die because of Dodgson's schemes. And maybe she, with her knowledge of the island and resourcefulness, could give them a better shot at surviving. Even if she would end up in prison, she could at least redeem herself for working with Dodgson. She didn't want anyone else to die and even if she imprisoned she could still take Dodgson down with her. He expected her to die so that they wouldn't trace her to Biosyn. But Nima could still make sure that he got what he had coming, even if he escaped the island with the embryos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   

Back to top Go down

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: Fanwork Hub-
Jump to: