Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:01 pm

It wasn’t far to the visitor center. Grant ran as fast as he could, but it was difficult considering he had an unconscious man laying across his back.
“Wait!” the shout came from behind. Grant turned. It was Trey. The worker was limping after them, his face aghast. “It’s eating him,” he sputtered. “It’s eating John.”
“No time for that,” Grant said. “Run!”
The kids had reached the visitor center by now. Grant followed them, with Trey right behind him. They walked up the marble steps and through the huge doors. Trey slammed them shut behind him. Grant put Regis down and collapsed, breathless, shaking, and unable to believe that they had made it. They should all be dead right now…
“Let’s all just rest a minute,” Grant puffed. No one complained.
[…]
“Did she do it?” Jessica asked.
Harding nodded, grave. “Yes, she did it.”
“Now we can get the power on,” Arnold said.
Harding nodded again. “I’ll take you to the computer room,” he said. He looked around at the other faces. “I could use some backup.”
“I’ll go with you,” Wu volunteered.
“No,” Arnold told him. “If something happens to me, you’re the only other person here who knows how to run the computer.”
“Not necessarily.” The voice came from the back. It was Ian. The mathematician struggled to sit up.
“You know how to run the system?” Harding asked in surprise.
“Well, I know about computers. This particular system, no. I’m just saying that if something happens, I might be of assistance,” Malcolm explained.
“Thank you. All the same, I think Wu had better stay here,” Arnold said.
“Then I’ll go with you,” Ellie volunteered.
Harding smiled, “Sure. Thanks.”
“What about me?” That was Gennaro. “I might have a busted leg but I’m still functional.”
“I need you to stay here. And take care of my daughter,” Harding said.
Gennaro pondered this for a moment, and then gave a small, firm nod.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Grant, Tim, Lex, and Trey entered a restaurant while carrying the unconsious Regis. Grant carefully set Regis down in a chair at one of the tables.

"I'm going to find the others and get a doctor," Grant decided. "Trey, will you look after Regis and the kids?"

"Yes," Trey nodded.

"Thank you." Grant paused for a second, as if debating something. "I'll be back soon, guys. I promise."

He leaft. As he goes across the lobby of the visitor's center, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural that depicts dinosaurs in various natural settings. It's quiet for a second as Lex and Tim just looked at Trey awkwardly.

Trey went across the room, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side, and quickly piled some food on a tray. He brought it back to the table. "Here. You kids must be starving."

Lex digged in, munching on veggies, grabbing food with two hands. Tim enjoyed his food, too.

Lex came up with a spoonful of lime Jell-O from a plastic dinosaur egg cup - but her hand froze halfway to her mouth.

Tim looked up, and saw the expression on her face. She's staring over his shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaking hands.

"What?"

Tim turned around. Behind him, one of the silhouettes on the mural is a raptor, in a hunting pose.

While they stared, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and creeped forward, in the lobby of the visitor's center.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Harding, Arnold and Ellie left the bunker and started walking to the visitor center. Harding kept his eyes trained on his surroundings at all times.
“Hey!” Arnold said. “Who’s that?”
A man was coming out of the visitor center.
“Alan!” Ellie cried. She ran toward Grant. She jumped into his arms and they stood there for a while, hugging.
“Are you alright, doctor Grant?” Harding asked.
Grant let go of Ellie and turned to Harding, “Yes, I’m alright.”
“And the kids?”
“In there.” Grant pointed to the visitor center. “Come on, we should go in. It’s not a good idea to be out in the open.”
They began walking to the visitor center. “Did you get the power back yet?” Grant asked.
Harding shook his head. “Not yet. We were just about to do that, though.”
They walked up the marble steps and pushed open the doors.
“I left the kids and Regis in the dining room with Trey,” Grant said.
“Who’s Trey?” Ellie asked.
“A workman.”
They opened another door that led to the dining room. It was empty.
“What the?” Grant said. “I told them to stay right here…”
In the distance, someone screamed.
“Oh no,” Grant breathed.
Harding cocked his gun. “Come on! Ellie, you take Arnold to the control room. Grant and I will rescue the kids.” He started running, not waiting to see if they would follow his orders.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:06 pm

The leathery reptile skin touched Tim's face, the claws tore his shirt, and Tim fell onto his back, shrieking in fright.

"Timmy!" Lex yelled.

Tim scrambled to his feet again. The baby Velociraptor perched on his shoulder, chirping and squeaking in panic. Tim, Lex, and Trey were in a nursery. They had been forced to leave the unconscious Regis behind. There were toys on the floor: a rolling yellow ball, a doll, a plastic rattle.

"It's the baby raptor," Lex said, pointing to the animal gripping Tim's shoulder.

The little raptor burrowed her head into Tim's neck. The poor thing was probably starving, Tim
thought.

Lex came closer and the baby hopped onto her shoulder. She rubbed against her neck. "Why is it
doing that?" she said. "Is she scared?"

"Must be," Trey said.

Lex passed the raptor to Trey. The baby was chirping and squeaking, and hopping up and down on his shoulder excitedly. She kept looking around, head moving quickly. No doubt about it, the little thing was worked up and-

"Trey," Lex whispered.

The door to the hallway hadn't closed behind them after they entered the nursery. Adult Velociraptors were coming through. First one, then a second one.

Clearly agitated, the baby chirped and bounced on Trey's shoulder. Trey knew they had to get away. The raptors began to spread apart, fanning out in the hallway to surround the humans. Their heads began to duck rhythmically. They were going to attack. Suddenly, they back away, hearing a voice.

"If I could have your attention, please," announced a familiar voice. "I'm John Hammond, and I'd like to share a few ideas with you about Jurassic Park. What it all means. So if you would bear with me for a moment..."

As the raptors leave Trey finds another door and goes through, pulling the kids and the baby raptor after him.

The raptors silently enter an empty auditorium. Hammond is projected onscreen.

"Oh, I know you're eager to see all the marvels that Jurassic Park has in store for you. So I will be brief. You should realize, first of all, that what you are about to see is entirely authentic. Nothing has been made up; these are real dinosaurs, ladies and-"

Regis was in the projection booth, surrounded by electronic equipment. He started the show as a distraction to save the kids after regaining consiousness. The door to the booth slammed open and the raptors came in, snarling.

"-gentlemen. Through the wonders of modern genetic science, you experience them just as they were, a hundred million years ago, when these magnificent creatures ruled the planet, long before the arrival of mere, puny man."

Regis starts to scream.

"And what creatures they are! Some might say they are the very perfection of God's creation, but certainly there has been nothing since to compare to them-"

The screen blurred.

"Welcome to Jurassic Park! We hope you will enjoy your stay here..."

Regis' screams eventually die down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Grant and Harding burst into the auditorium. Grant could faintly hear the sound of crunching bones coming from behind a stage.
Suddenly, a velociraptor jumped out from behind the stage and hissed at them. Grant took aim and fired. He missed, and the enraged raptor charged them.
“Go!” Harding shouted. He and Grant ran back out, slamming the door behind them.
“Who was it eating?” Grant wondered.
Harding shook his head. “Come on, let’s keep looking.”
He and Grant ran off down another corridor. “Kids!” they shouted. “Kids! Where are you?”
[…]
Ellie and Arnold entered the abandoned control room. It was very dark. Ellie found a flashlight on the desk and turned it on.
Arnold immediately went to the central computer. He sat down and started typing. “I’ll have us back up and running in no time,” he promised.
Ellie shone the beam around the darkness. She remembered what happened earlier, with those clickers. They had attacked them in this very room.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:32 pm

"What is that?" Ellie asked. "Smells like the jungle...only more rotten."

Looking around in the darkness, she found a large clump of dirt and plant material.

There was a man laying in the mound.

Ellie screamed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:17 pm

"What?" Arnold asked.

Ellie put her hand to her mouth, started backing away from the mound.

"What?" Arnold demanded.

"It's Muldoon," Ellie whispered.

Arnold jumped out of his chair and walked over. He swore when he saw the gruesome sight.

"They... ripped him open!"

"And laid eggs in him," Ellie added.

"Is he alive?"

Ellie knelt down for a closer look. She put her fingers to his neck. "Yes."

Arnold swore again.

Ellie grabbed her radio and called up Harding. "Gerry, come in."

"Yeah, Ellie?"

"We found Muldoon."

"Is he alive?"

"Yes, but... something laid eggs in his stomach."

"What?!"

Ellie listened to Harding explain to the others the information she had just given him.

"We can't just let him be like this," Arnold said.

"Ellie?" Harding said over the radio.

Ellie tore her eyes away from Muldoon. "Yes?"

There was a pause. "I talked to Wu and he said it's probably best to just put him down."

Ellie swallowed. "Copy that."

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Elsewhere, a group of Troodon was lurking in the dark. Suddenly, they heard a loud gunshot... coming from where they had laid their eggs. Worried about their offspring, the pack immediately changed direction... heading to the control room.

-

"Over here," a woman beckoned to Trey and the kids. They didn't hesitate and they ran over to her. They were now in the hatchery.

"Dr. Sorkin?" Trey asked, recognizing the woman.

"Yes," Laura Sorkin nodded. "I'm keeping the eggs safe. I don't want a Troodon or a raptor getting into them." She eyed the baby raptor perched on Trey's shoulder. "Is she with you?" Trey nodded.

Laura turned her gaze to Tim and Lex. "You two must be Timothy and Alexis, Hammond's grandchildren. Right?"

"Yes, mam," Tim responded.

"I'm Laura Sorkin," the woman introduced. "I was one of your grandfather's head geneticists."

They heard a gunshot go off in the distance.

"What was that?" Lex asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Ellie lowered her gun. She took several deep breaths in an effort to calm down. Somehow, she couldn't pull her gaze away from Muldoon's lifeless corpse.
It was then that she noticed the writing.
Five letters: L A U R A written in blood on the floor beside him. Ellie gasped. "Arnold," she said. "Come look at this." Arnold came over. He read the message. "I don't understand," He said.
Ellie thought about it. This was Muldoon's final message. Of all the things he could have said, he considered this to be the most important. Why? What was so important about Laura?
"Let me call up Harding. Maybe Wu has an answer for us," Ellie said.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Trey handed the baby raptor to Lex. “Dr. Sorkin, if there’s somebody else in the video with us, maybe we should-”

BAM! Laura struck Trey in the back of the head with her gun. He fell forward and hit the ground, knocked out.

“What the hell?!” Tim yelled.

“Sorry kids,” Laura apologized. “But the grandchildren of John Hammond would make excellent hostages.” She pointed the gun at them. “Don’t try anything stupid.”

-

Ellie was about to use her radio when she heard something. A raspy hissing and clicking that was getting louder.

“Oh no…” Arnold realized. He noticed a blood trail near an opened air vent. “They’re going to try to come through the vent!”

-

Back in the security bunker, the survivors were huddled together. Everything was silent… except for a loud banging on the door. Something was trying to get in.

Jess whimpered and Malcolm did his best to comfort her, hugging the girl protectively.

“We’re safe in here, right?” Gennaro asked. “Nothing can get in?”

Nobody answered. Their eyes were focused on the door as the banging continued.

(100th post!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:55 am

(huuray!)

Ellie ran to the vent. The cover was lying on the floor, discarded. She picked it up and put it back on. She looked at Arnold. "Get something heavy to put in front of it!" Arnold nodded and a moment later returned with a filing cabinet.
He and Ellie arranged it in front of the vent. "Think that'll do?" Ellie asked.
"Depends," Arnold replied. "I'm no expert. Too bad Wu ain't here."
Within the vents, they heard the creatures' talons scraping on the metal. The chortles and grunts. Ellie looked at Arnold. "We need the power back, now!"
"Right." Arnold turned and went back to the computers.

[...]

"Kids!" Grant shouted for the umpteenth time.
"They must be hiding," Harding said.
"Yeah... but where?"
"This isn't working. Let's go back. Let's regroup in the control room. Figure out where to go from there," Harding suggested.
"Okay," Grant nodded.
The men turned and went back the way they had come.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:06 am

Then Grant heard something. Clicking. Getting louder and nearer. Harding heard it as well.

"Run," they both said, taking off toward the control room.

-

Ellie was relieved when she saw Grant and Harding enter the control room.

"Did you find the kids?" she asked.

"No luck," Harding answered. "But there are Troodon right behind us!"

"They must be trying to find another way into the control room," Ellie realized, hearing the clicking sounds from the hallways.

Grant braced himself against the control room door, trying to lock it. "Dammit, the locks are electronic."

Several Troodon rammed into the door. Grant pushed back. "Ellie, Harding! Help me out!"

Then, to his horror, he saw the door handle turning... and the Troodon tried forcing it open. Claws began peeking out of the crack of space.

"They can open doors!" Grant screamed. "Ellie, they learned how to open doors!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Harding leveled his rifle and fired. Blood spurted all over the place and the Troodon withdrew its now mutilated forearm. Grant shut the door.
It was a brief reprieve as the monsters attacked again seconds later this time throwing their full weight on the door. It was too much for even Grant, who could be considered to be the prime example of physical prowess. The door flung open and Grant fell back, and two of the nightmare-inducing creatures pinned him to the ground. Harding leveled his barrel as the first Troodon took a bite out of Grant's left shoulder.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:57 pm

In the distance, Tim and Lex heard the gunshots and the clicks of the Troodon pack. The siblings huddled together, scared. The baby raptor hissed, recognizing the sound of the creatures that lurked in the dark visitor center.

"Idiots," Laura Sorkin said under her breath. "If they get themselves killed, it's their fault."

Trey was still unconscious... or was he?

-

They hadn't locked the door to the security bunker in case another survivor outside needed safety. They never counted on the dinosaurs learning how to turn door handles. But like Malcolm theorized, these creatures were unpredictable and not to be underestimated. That was where Hammond had failed.

The men in the security bunker were doing their best to keep a raptor out as she tried to force herself into the bunker.

"Push!" Wu screamed. "Don't let her in!"

The raptor shrieked and did not give up. But neither did the humans. For the moment, it was a stalemate.

Jess whimpered fearfully, knowing that she may only have minutes to live. She hoped that her dad was safe, even if he could't come back to rescue her.

-

Arnold worked as fast as he could. He tried to ignore Grant's screams. He tried to ignore the guns of Harding and Sattler going off. He tried to ignore the clickings of the Troodon.

Suddenly, one of the dinosaurs yanked him away from the computer. Arnold screamed as the Troodon bit down on his arm. Finding his gun, Arnold placed it against the Troodon's head. He fired once and the creature dropped dead. Arnold clutched his bleeding arm, moaning in pain.

Things did not look good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Arnold crawled back to the computer. He grabbed the desk and pulled himself up. He looked at the screen, blinking in pain. He reached out and pressed a key. All of a sudden, the lights in the building flashed on. For a moment there was silence as the humans and dinosaurs considered this. Then the chaos resumed.

Harding and Ellie propped themselves against the door trying to hold the monsters back. All of a sudden the locks clicked into place. Harding gasped. "You did it Arnold!"

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:49 pm

The phone in the security bunker rang. Jess ran over and answered it.

"Dad? Is that you?"

"Yes. Mr. Arnold managed to get the power back on. We'll be able to call the mainland and tell them to send the helic-"

"Dad! There are raptors trying to get into the bunker!"

"What?"

"They learned how to open up doors and they're forcing their way in! We can't hold out much longer!"

"I'm coming, Jess! Don't worry!"

"Hurry!"

The call ended and Jess started crying, silently praying that rescue would come. She hugged her knees, listening to the screams of the struggling men and the shrieks of the raptors as they started to win the battle of strength.

"Please, Dad. I need you..."

-

"They're coming through the glass!" Grant screamed.

Harding picked up a ladder and punched open the ceiling tiles with his gun. Moving slowly through a crawl space, the ceiling would be sturdy enough to support them.

As the group climbed up into the ceiling, the Troodon pack smashed their way through the glass and into the control room.

Harding kicked the ladder down.

The Troodons hissed at the moving ceiling, but their firsr concern were their eggs, which now had their full attention. Each adult picked up an egg in their jaws. This room was too bright now, so they'll look for somewhere darker to make a new nest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Grant, Harding, Ellie, and Arnold crawled through the ceiling. It was dark; Grant banged his head several times on pipes.
“Does anyone know where we’re trying to get to?” Ellie asked.
“I could be wrong, but I think that if we keep going this direction, we should come out in the main room,” Harding calculated.
“But you’re not sure?”
“Quiet,” Arnold whispered. “Did you hear that?”
Everyone fell silent for a moment. “Hear what?”
“I just thought I heard something. Guess not.”
“But what was it? You thought you heard?”
Arnold paused. “I thought I heard the T-rex roaring.”
“Let’s hope not. That’s the last thing we want,” Harding said.
[…]
Tim and Lex sat huddled on the floor while Laura found a radio.
“Hello?” She pressed multiple buttons on the device. “How does this thing work…”
Eventually, there was a click and then-
“Hi! Who’s this?” It sounded like doctor Wu.
“Henry,” Laura Sorkin said. “I have Hammond’s grandchildren.”
“Laura! Sorkin, I mean! That’s great! Where are you?”
“Some place safe and isolated.”
Wu was obviously put off by Laura’s evasive answer to his question. “Sorkin, is everything alright?” he asked.
Before Laura could respond, Trey let out a moan. The workman was waking up! Laura turned away from the radio and reached into her pocket for the gun. Trey, anticipating this, reacted on instinct and kicked Laura in the shin. Laura dropped like a cement block. Yelling, the two of them got into a wrestling match, both of them trying to secure Laura’s weapon.
Tim hung back, wondering if he should intervene.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm

"Hey, you!" Lex shouted.

Sorkin briefly turned to look in Lex's direction... and the baby raptor was launched into her face. Sorkin screamed as the baby started to scratch her features while tightly clinging onto her head.

Sorkin eventually knocked the baby raptor off of her and tried to find her gun, but it had flung out of her grasp... and had been retrieved by Tim, who pointed the weapon at Sorkin, hands shaking.

The distracted Sorkin didn't see Trey's elbow slam into her head and she slumped down, unconsious. Trey got up.

"Good job, kids," he nodded. Tim handed the gun to Trey and the baby raptor scurried back onto Lex's shoulder. Trey retrieved Sorkins' radio.

"Hello? Is anybody there? This is Trey Roland. I'm with Hammond's grandchildren. They're safe."

"This is Doctor Henry Wu," a voice responded after a moment of silence. "Unfortunately we have a crisis right now..." Trey heard shouting and a familiar shriek. "Protect the kids, no matter what." The radio went dead.

"Are they okay?" Lex asked.

"I don't know," Trey replied truthfully. He looked over the fallen Laura Sorkin. "Now what will we do with her?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Harding was sweating and breathless but he refused to slow down. There was no time. Jessica could be getting eaten right at this moment! The thought of it made Harding’s stomach twist. Faster, faster he told himself.
He shot a glance over his shoulder to check Ellie, Grant and Arnold. They had fallen behind. Of course they had. Both Grant and Arnold have some serious wounds. Harding didn’t blame them, but he couldn’t afford to slow down. “Please hurry!” he shouted at them.
“We can’t,” Arnold said helplessly. “Gerry, just go on ahead. We’ll catch up.”
Harding didn’t need to be told twice. He scampered on ahead, searching desperately for a way out. There was none. In rage, he kicked the tile under him.
The tile gave out, and Harding found himself falling several feet down to the ground.
[…]
“Don’t you have any weapons in this place?” Malcolm demanded.
Wu gaped at him for a moment, and then ran to the back. He grabbed three rifles and boxes of ammunition. He carried the weapons and ammo back to the main room. He took a rifle. Malcolm took another. Gennaro took another. They began loading their weapons. Jess and Hammond watched on, their faces pale and frightened.
“Have either of you, by chance, fired a gun before?” Wu asked Malcolm and Gennaro.
Malcolm shook his head. “When I was a kid,” Gennaro said.
“How hard can it be?” Malcolm asked with a forced laugh.
"I know how to use a gun," Jess said. Wu looked at her in surprise. "I go hunting sometimes, with my uncle," Jess continued.
Wu gave her his gun.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:07 pm

The door to the security bunker flew open. A raptor stood in the doorway, hissing. As raptors began to enter the building, guns went off in an attempt to fight them off. The survivors in the bunker were making their last stand here. There was nowhere they could go. They could either hold out until help arrives... or be slaughtered. The survivors preferred the first option, making every bullet count. Soon, the small bunker became a warzone.

-

Trey tried the radio again, but he only heard gunshots and snarls. He didn't know what was happening, but he didn't like it.

How much longer should they stay here anyway?

-

"Are you okay?" Sattler asked Harding as the vet pickef himself off the ground.

"Yeah," Harding nodded. "Just dazed. Be careful."

Sattler dropped down from the ceiling and she landed next to Harding. The two then carefully helped Grant and Arnold down from the ceiling.

"Come on!" Harding urged.

"Wait, what about Tim and Lex?" Grant remembered. "They could still be in the building."

"There's an emergency in the bunker happening right now," Harding pointed out. "And I don't think we can afford to split up. Too dangerous."

"Harding, I'm not leaving these kids behind."

"I understand that but-" He was interrupted by his forgotten radio coming back on.

"Wu, are you there?" Trey's voice asked. "Wu, what's wrong? What happened?"

Grant recognized the voice and snatched up the radio. "Trey, this is Grant! Are the kids with you? Are they okay? Where can I find you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:33 pm

"We'll meet in the main room?" Trey suggested.
"Okay. We should be able to make our way there."
"Okay. Good luck."
Grant turned to Harding.
"I'm waiting here for them. You, Ellie and Arnold can go."
Harding nodded. "Fine. Stay alive."
Harding took off running, not waiting to see if Ellie and Arnold would follow.
He pushed through the huge doors and kept running, down the marble staircase and the road. He heard footsteps behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to see Ellie chasing after him. No sign of Arnold though. He must have lost his nerve.
Harding forced himself to run faster. His lungs seared, his legs burned, but he didn’t stop. The thought of Jessica being ripped apart kept him motivated. In the distance, he could just begin to hear the gunshots and vicious snarling of the raptors.
Please God, he thought. Don’t let me be too late.
By the time he reached the bunker he was out of breath. The scene before him drew him to a halt. It looked like a battlefield. A raptor lay in the doorway, dead, blood spilling from multiple coin-sized holes in its flesh. Harding stepped over the body and peered into the bunker. He drew in a breath.
Donald Gennaro lay on the floor, his guts spilled out. Harding quickly looked away, nauseated. He ventured further into the room, stepping over multiple dead raptors.
He found John Hammond.
The elderly man was underneath the body of a raptor. One side of the raptor’s head was covered in blood, mutilated. Harding pushed the dead animal off his boss and looked down to see, with a surge of relief, that Hammond was alive.
He appeared to be in shock. He didn’t seem to notice Harding. He just stared up at the ceiling, silent.
“Gerry.” The voice came from behind him. Harding turned; saw Ellie pointing at something; a closet. The door opened and Jessica Harding stepped out. She had a traumatized look on her face. Harding ran to her and hugged her. The tears began to spill down his cheeks before he could stop them.
“Jessi,” he said, looking at her face. “Are you alright?”
She didn’t respond. She was looking at him- sort of. It was more like she was looking through him, at some unfixed point only she could see.
Harding picked her up in his arms.
“See if anyone else is still alive,” he told Ellie.

(I guess that's it for Gennaro Shocked )

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:46 am

(Yikes)

Ellie found a wounded Malcolm leaning against the wall, a gun shaking in his arms.

"Dr. Malcolm?" Ellie asked, trying to get his attention.

"Remind me to thank John for the lovely trip," Malcolm muttered, clearly not all there. Tears streamed down his face. "I hate being right all the time."

Wu was doing his best to play the role of medic, giving survivors medical attention and treating wounds. He was injured himself, bandages covering his arms and side. Every time he moved he winced in pain. A raptor must have jumped him during the fight.

"Let me help," Ellie insisted, sitting Wu down.

"Thank you," Wu nodded, relaxing and letting Ellie treat his injuries. "What do we do now?"

"We call the mainland," Harding explained, still holding Jess. "And we tell them to send the damn helicopters."

They found a phone and made the call. Hopefully, this nightmare would soon be over.

"This is just a delay," Hammond said to himself, sitting in the corner. "That's all it is. All major theme parks have delays. When Disneyland first opened nothing worked..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:49 am

Grant paced anxiously. The radio had gone dead a couple of minutes ago. Trey was no longer answering his calls.
"Come on," he muttered. "Where are you?"
Finally, after several grueling minutes, he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. “Oh, good,” he said with relief. “I was wondering what…”
The person stepped into view, but it wasn’t Trey, nor Lex or Tim. It was a woman, with blonde hair and a white lab coat. And a revolver in her hand.
“Uh…” Grant said.
“Doctor Grant is it?” the woman said.
“Yes…”
The woman pointed her gun at him. “Don’t move and don’t say anything. Turn around slowly and put the radio on the floor. Now!”

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:58 am

Lex screamed and slammed her fists against the door to the freezer.

"Lex us out! Let us out!"

No answer.

"She has to come back, right?" she asked Tim and Trey. "She's not going to leave us here to freeze, is she?"

Trey shrugged hopelessly. This was his fault. He should've stopped Sorkin, but she got the drop on them and lead them at gunpoint into the kitchen, then locked them in the freezer.

"So... cold..." Tim shivered. The baby raptor was curled up in his lap, desperately trying to stay warm.

"Kids, come here," Trey told them. "Huddle together for warmth."

Tim and Lex did as they were told, silently praying for somebody, anybody, to let them out of here before it was too late...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Laura ushered Grant into the kitchen. “What’s here?” Grant asked. “Why’ve you brought me here?”
“Open the freezer and find out,” Laura told him.
What was in the freezer? Grant wondered. What had this crazy woman done?
He opened the freezer and went still.
“You’re out of your mind! Do you want them to freeze to death?”
Trey, Lex and Tim were huddled in the corner, trying desperately to keep warm.
“Shut up and go in,” Laura ordered. She prodded him with her gun.
Grant stepped inside. The door slammed shut behind him.
[…]
Harding helped Wu get Gennaro’s body outside. There was still a terrible mess all over the floor, but Wu was getting to work on that.
“I haven’t heard anything from Grant in about ten minutes,” Harding reported.
“Neither have we,” Wu added.
“Something might have happened,” Arnold said.
Ellie nodded. “Alan said he’d been in the main room. Let’s start there.”
Harding agreed. He grabbed his rifle and started toward the door. “Wait!” Jessi called him back. “I’m going with you this time,” she said.
Harding opened his mouth to protest but stopped. “Alright,” he said after a moment. “Stay close to me.”
Harding, Jess and Ellie gathered by the door. “We’ll be back in a few minutes,” Ellie promised.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Tim and Lex ran over and hugged Grant tightly. crying.

"It's okay, kids," he reassured. "We'll find a way out of here. I promise. Trey, do you know who that woman is?"

Trey nodded. "Dr. Laura Sorkin. One of InGen’s leading paleogeneticists. However, she was removed from the geneticist team and replaced with Dr. Henry Wu after some disagreements with Hammond and the board. She was assigned to her own laboratory, but I guess she went to the visitor center after the power went out. I have no idea what she's up to now. I think she intends to use us as hostages, but to what ends I don't know."

Grant noticed the baby raptor, which was shivering against Tim's shirt.

"Is that-"

"The baby raptor from yesterday's tour," Tim finished, nodding. "We found her in the nursery and took her with us."

"If she stays in here any longer she might die," Grant realized grimly.

"So might we," Trey added.

-

Wu's radio came to life. "Wu? Are you there?"

Wu answered the radio. "Sorkin? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." There was a few moments of silence before she continued. "I have Hammond's grandchildren and two men hostage. I won't tell you where they are until my demands are met."

"What? Laura, have you gone insane? What are you hoping to-"

"Their lives are in your hands, Wu."

Wu's face paled. She was serious. "What do you want?"

"To meet with you and talk at an isolated location where we can discuss things in peace. Come alone. And unarmed."

Sorkin gave him a location and then the radio went silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:33 pm

“Wait a minute…” Arnold appeared to be deep in thought. Suddenly, he slapped his forehead. Then he burst out laughing. Wu, Malcolm and Hammond stared at him in bewilderment.
“What is it?” Wu demanded.
Arnold got control over himself. “The cameras,” he explained. “I forgot all about them. We can use them to find the hostages!”
Wu grinned. “That’s right!”
“What cameras?” Malcolm asked.
“The security cameras. We have them wired up all over the building. I can access them from the control room and use them to find the kids.” Arnold beamed.
“Then let’s go,” Wu said. He and Arnold both grabbed a rifle each. Saying farewell to Malcolm and Hammond, they left the bunker and started down the long gravel road.
Wu pulled his radio out of his pocket. “Gerry,” he said into it. “Are you there?”
After a moment: “I’m here, Henry. What’s up?”
“We’re on our way to you. Arnold had an idea. We can use the security cameras to find the hostages.”
“Good plan. We’ll be waiting.”
Wu and Arnold pushed through the massive doors. Harding, Ellie and Jess were waiting inside.
“The control room is this way,” Arnold said.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm

The door to the control room was electronically locked, but Arnold had a keycard that allowed them to get inside. He froze, shocked.

The computers were destroyed, a bullet through each of the monitors.

"Dammit!" he swore. "Laura must have predicted us trying to use the cameras!"

"What now?" Ellie asked.

Arnold kicked a chair across the room, cursing. "No idea. The helicopters are going to be here soon and we have to find the hostages by then. I'm worried what else Laura might be crazy enough to try."

Arnold slumped against the wall, feeling defeated. "Whenever it seems like we're restoring order to the island, things only get worse. I guess Malcolm was right after all." He chuckled to himself. "God dammit, I feel useless."

Wu sighed. "I can't keep Laura waiting. Maybe the rest of you will be able to find the hostages by searching the building while I keep Laura busy. Unless somebody has a better plan, because we're running out of options and every minute wasted counts."

Nobody said anything and Wu realized that it was all up to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 pm

"Fine," Harding said. "We'll find them. Arnold, you coming?"
Arnold got up as if to leave, but then stopped. "No, I think I'll stay here. Maybe I can salvage one of these computers. If not, I could always build one from spare parts."
Harding was impressed. "Okay. I hope so." He looked at Ellie. "What about you?"
"You'll need all the help you can get," the paleo botanist replied.
"True that. "
Harding turned to Henry Wu. He felt he should say something, seeing as they may never see each other again.
In the end, all he said was, "Good luck out there."
Wu responded in kind. They all went their separate ways: Arnold staying in the control room, Ellie, Harding and Jess leaving in search of the hostages, and Wu to the garage.
Wu clambered into the nearest Jeep and sped off, out of Harding's sight.

View user profile
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Wu drove to the safari lodge. Sorkin was waiting for him in the lobby.

"About time, Henry," Sorkin said impatiently, keeping her gun trained on Wu. "I was starting to think you weren't going to show."

"Why are you doing this, Laura?" Wu needed to know.

"Because I was left with no choice. Hammond told me that when all of this was over I would lose my job. All of my work would be for nothing, my career ruined. And I hated to think what would become of the dinosaurs, now that they're no longer under your control. I had to do something, Henry."

"But what are you trying to achieve? You can't win."

"I know. But I'm not trying to win. If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me."

"W-what?" Wu said, shocked. "Are you going to kill me?"

Sorkin laughed. "Don't be stupid, Wu. I'm not a murderer. Killing you would be pointless and a waste of a bullet. No, I'm going to ruin you."

Wu realized what she meant. "Oh no..."

"What would Hammond think if he knew what you were working on behind his back? Your attempts to play God and tamper with nature?"

"You'll need proof."

"And you're going to help me. Your secret journals. I know you've got them stashed somewhere. And I want you to show me where they are, so that everybody else learns what we know."

"What about the hostages?"

"I'll tell the others where they are if you play along."

Wu sighed. "Fine."

Sorkin gave a smug grin. "Let's go for a drive. And don't try anything. I need you alive, but a wounding shot would still hurt a lot."

Wu nodded and lead Sorkin outside. He remembered how Sorkin had blackmailed him years earlier into giving her a field lab for her independent research. And now she was going to expose him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game   

Back to top Go down

The Jurassic Park Interactive Storytelling Game
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: Fanwork Hub-
Jump to: