Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus


Posts : 196
Points : 849
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:38 am

I rewatched Jurassic World, and one tiny moment that just gnawed at me to no end was the part where the Ankylosaurus hits the Indominus in the cheek and nothing happens. That skull would’ve been SHATTERED by such a blow. It’s probably the most physically unrealistic moment in the whole series thus far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1163
Points : 2090
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2016-06-17
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 am

Admittedly it did shock me when seeing it in the cinema that the I. rex was not killed instantly by the Ankylosaurus, and I think it gives credence to the argument that the creature was made out to be invincible rather than just difficult to kill. Especially since later it gets knocked over by bazooka fire and it's flesh isn't melted off, and later when Owen's rifle proves useless against it's tough hide.

Some have suggested that it was just strafed by the Anky's club and managed to avoid the worst of the animal's weapon by dodging in time, but this never sat right with me. I think the intent from the filmmakers was to make it look like the Ankylosaur tried to take it out but the I. rex was just too strong.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sobek
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 54
Points : 308
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:13 am

Don't be so sure the filmmakers knew that Anky could easily kill the iRex, but other than that I agree they did really want to portray it as an almost invincible animal.
It was originally supposed to fight a Stegosaurus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 59
Points : 905
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 pm

I mean that the bite of a T.rex didn't do anything to it wasn't very believable either, but not as bad as the Ankylosaur scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2261
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

No. If Rexy can survive Indominus rex (and nobody even complained about it), I see no problem in Indominus being all mighty.

Actually, I doubt it would be the same if it was Rexy killing an ankylosaurus. Nobody would question Rexy killing an ankylosaurus. Actually, they would just cheer.

Favoritism happened before in JP franchise.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1363
Points : 2261
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm

@Physalisfresser wrote:
I mean that the bite of a T.rex didn't do anything to it wasn't very believable either, but not as bad as the Ankylosaur scene.

You wanted Rexy to kill it with just one bite? That's not realistic. It's not a Galimimus she was fighting.

It's heavily implicit that Indominus rex was built to be a bioweapon, therefore she had strong muscles and skin, it's not like an old Tyrannosaurus could kill it with one bite. Like just a bite and then Indominus rex, a stronger and heavily buil animal, falls dead at Rexy's feet. Just because it was a Tyrannosaurus doesn't mean it could kill that bioweapon easily.

I actually find more unrealistic an old Tyrannosaurus rex not fall dead for a thing that was built to be better (and it was) than a natural super apex predator. But I'll go off.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 59
Points : 905
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Physalisfresser wrote:
I mean that the bite of a T.rex didn't do anything to it wasn't very believable either, but not as bad as the Ankylosaur scene.

You wanted Rexy to kill it with just one bite? That's not realistic. It's not a Galimimus she was fighting.

It's heavily implicit that Indominus rex was built to be a bioweapon, therefore she had strong muscles and skin, it's not like an old Tyrannosaurus could kill it with one bite. Like just a bite and then Indominus rex, a stronger and heavily buil animal, falls dead at Rexy's feet. Just because it was a Tyrannosaurus doesn't mean it could kill that bioweapon easily.

I actually find more unrealistic an old Tyrannosaurus rex not fall dead for a thing that was built to be better (and it was) than a natural super apex predator. But I'll go off.

You do now that the biteforce of a T.rex is potentially one of the strongest of all time? Maybe only beaten by megalodon which is a much bigger animal? 8 tons of Biteforce a no joke. If indominus would be bulletproof, which she isn't I would be okay with what jou said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 948
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 am

They prob wanted to show more damage but had to restrain themselves to keep the film pg13. Colin talked about how weird ratings were and how they had to remove some of the blood from Irex to keep the rating down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 59
Points : 905
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:37 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
They prob wanted to show more damage but had to restrain themselves to keep the film pg13. Colin talked about how weird ratings were and how they had to remove some of the blood from Irex to keep the rating down.

I did hear about this, yeah probably explains some of the scenes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?   

Back to top Go down
 
Did the Anky vs Indominus scene bother you?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: