Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:34 pm

And not in a good way...

First came the breakthrough era, Jurassic Park, wich is the Star Wars equivalent to the original trilogy of Star Wars.  Everybody considers them classics, and almost nobody dares to question or criticize them.

Then there was the controversial follow ups era, The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 wich is the Star Wars equivalent to the prequel trilogy. These films are loved by some hated by others, but they have many things in common, the internet loves to remind you on a daily basis that nobody cares for these films. And while it is true that JP3 did a certain something that is arguably more hated than any not so popular moment in the SW prequels, TLW on the other hand is just like the prequels in the sense that it is much more well liked than the internet wants you to believe.

And now here we are in the modern blockbuster sequel era, Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom wich is the Star Wars equivalent to The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Disney has handled those SW sequels just like Universal has handled the JW sequels. They are all about cashing in on the nostalgia of the original, with little to no mention at of what they believe to be the unpopular sequels and a ton of retcons that have divided many fans and confused many longtime fans as to what is canon and what is not but above all left many fans with a feeling that these recent films have not been done with the same care as the original creators but rather that these big studios only care about making money off the brand name recognition and forget about everything else.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 595
Points : 1481
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:18 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1658
Points : 2605
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:24 am

It’s alright if people want to voice their disappointment about how the franchise has been handled by Universal, but do we really need like atleast 3 (there may be more) active threads/topics where it’s actively being discussed?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1163
Points : 2113
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2016-06-17
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 am

While there are parallels in the timing of the two biggest and most groundbreaking film franchises of their time coming back with a vengeance in the 2010s, I think you're seriously stretching some of the parallels. The second Jurassic film hasn't even come out yet and you're already calling it The Last Jedi of the Jurassic franchise?? Backtracking for a bit, while many did feel let down by The Lost World and JP3, there wasn't nearly as much of a sense of cultural disappointment as there was with the prequels that was felt for years after the last one came out, and exacerbated by the internet. And for my money's worth, The Lost World is better than all of them. Maybe some allowance can be made for Revenge of the Sith, as that's the one I'd rate above JP3.

Now, allow me to get this off my chest: Jurassic World is better than The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, the Prequel Trilogy and JP3 (but not The Lost World by some margin).

Jurassic World did not create an unstoppable Mary Sue in Claire Dearing, they allowed Owen Grady to have a believable mix of flaws and strengths, they didn't insert feminism and SJW politics into the thematic narrative (ironically getting flack for the prolonged death of a minor character in Zara), and they didn't ruin the iconic old main characters (Alan, Ellie and Ian) with lousy characterisations and disappointing deaths.

The JP sequels are canon, and while you might not like what's become of the inhabitants of Sorna it is not out of character for the corporations we've seen in the JP universe: if there's money to be had then they'd take the cheapest option to make money off of these dinosaurs. Instead of re-setting the status quo like the Sequel Trilogy, what we have appears to be taking a real risk: destroying Isla Nublar and scattering the dinosaurs. In the two Saga movies we've seen from Disney, there's been a striking lack of quality world-building and unimaginative use of the Star Wars galaxy as a whole. And lastly, Colin Trevorrow actually cares about the property he's attached to and isn't out to compromise the new films and forsake the old fans, something that Rian Johnson, J.J. Abrams and especially Kathleen Kennedy did not get the memo on. After all, he was forced to resign thanks to their bone-headed ideas for The Last Jedi that ruined what chance he had of making a satisfying third film.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4338
Points : 5381
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:54 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
And lastly, Colin Trevorrow actually cares about the property he's attached to and isn't out to compromise the new films and forsake the old fans

The fact that they've supposed to wiped the dinosaur population might make that statement questionable. To be fair, I mostly blame that on Spielberg and Universal rather then Colin for not learning the right lessons as to why people hated JP3 and why people, at the time, were mixed over TLW.

I agree that JW is much better then the movies you listed. But at least TFA treated the prequels better then what these current JP movies are doing.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Actually neither the Star Wars prequels nor The Lost World were really "hated" when they they were first released. Maybe a bit of dissapointment here or there but that was about it.

The real hate came later in the youtube era (2006 and on) when Nostalgia Critic, and Red Letter Media did did everything they could to shove down everyone's throat that these films were worthless.

Jurassic Park 3 on the other hand was hated from the start and it is still considered by both hardcore fans and casual audiences as the most dissapointing film of the franchise.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1793
Points : 3856
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
And lastly, Colin Trevorrow actually cares about the property he's attached to and isn't out to compromise the new films and forsake the old fans

The fact that they've supposed to wiped the dinosaur population might make that statement questionable. To be fair, I mostly blame that on Spielberg and Universal rather then Colin for not learning the right lessons as to why people hated JP3 and why people, at the time, were mixed over TLW.

I agree that JW is much better then the movies you listed. But at least TFA treated the prequels better then what these current JP movies are doing.

We get it, you hate Universal. No need to keep pushing that.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Venom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E21).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: All Stars (Android).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 54
Points : 883
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-14

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Yes please. I don’t want to hear that anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm

I get that fans want Fallen Kingdom to be good. And I am not saying that I was wishing for it to fail or anything like that.

Howerer, Universal has done many things over the years that scream that they don't care (or know) that much about the franchise.

We can't pretend that is not happening.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1793
Points : 3856
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Again, we get it. Constantly saying Universal is doing this and doing that is beating a dead horse at this point.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Venom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E21).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: All Stars (Android).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 54
Points : 883
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-14

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Yeah, I don't want to talk on this thread if that's all that's happening right now. Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1188
Points : 2696
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Better in this thread than the General Fallen Kingdom News thread I suppose.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 971
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 pm

I was listening to the latest jurassic outpost podcast and apparently universal checks websites and comments to see what we think about what they putting out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1793
Points : 3856
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Well it's well known that Universal knows we exist lol.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Venom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E21).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: All Stars (Android).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 am

I am not sure about Universal looking into to fan forums...

If they did, they would see that many fans are not that thrilled about hybrids or that fans are not exactly looking to pretend The Lost World does not exist.

And yet here we are with yet another sequel centered around a hybrid that will most likely act like the events of The Lost World never happened.

Universal does seem to know something. But it is only the very superficial things that many believe, Everybody loves the nostalgia of the original, Rex and Raptors are the fan favorites, Malcolm is a popular character, and thst's about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1793
Points : 3856
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:19 pm

They've acknowledged the events of The Lost World via the whole DPG thing. Also Universal definitely looks into fan forums as they've contacted the staff here a while ago. It's why there's a disclaimer at the top of the page.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Venom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E21).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: All Stars (Android).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 pm

If so, then I hope they also look beyond just a couple of fan forums because those only represent the opinions of 15 or 20 fans. And that can be misleading.

Like for example, if you go into a pro SW prequels forum you would think nobody hates them. But if you go into an anti prequels forum you would think everybody hates them with enormous passion.


_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1793
Points : 3856
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 am

They do because there was a guy who actually registered here and was posting spoilers about the film early into it's production. Someone from Universal noticed he was doing it and told him he had to take it all down. They then told us we had to recognize ourselves as a fan forum and not an official part of Universal. I'm surprised Outpost didn't recognize this earlier to be honest.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Venom (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E21).
Last Video Game Played: Power Rangers: All Stars (Android).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 724
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
If so, then I hope they also look beyond just a couple of fan forums because those only represent the opinions of 15 or 20 fans. And that can be misleading.

Like for example, if you go into a pro SW prequels forum you would think nobody hates them. But if you go into an anti prequels forum you would think everybody hates them with enormous passion.


All because they're ignoring your contemptuous desire for a rematch involving the Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus while occasionally throwing you a bone when you become excessively vocal doesn't mean they're going to heed every beck and call you make. The world operates on the principle of that the more vocal you are, the more you can effect change, when that really isn't how things work. Sometimes, yeah, stuff falls through though. The vocal minority though unfortunately just makes getting real and positive change harder to accomplish altogether. It functions as a form of obstructionism more than anything nowadays.

So, in your desire for a rematch - which you are a minority in, there are a lot of people that aren't on board with your notion of about having said rematch. Couple of the prevailing attitudes either want the Spinosaurus shown as it was, an animal and then swept under the rug and the other attitude is people just don't give a crap about it and want it ignored altogether because they're satisfied with the fan service JW did with Rexy smashing through the skeleton in the climax against the Indominus. The point here is, your point of view need not be represented in the grand scheme of things as an indicative that the fandom is being watched. Frankly, the fandoms of a lot of properties (including the Jurassic series) have been watched since the Internet has been around and able to share that kind of insider information. It is just more in prevalent nowadays because of the mass market use of the Internet.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm

@TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
If so, then I hope they also look beyond just a couple of fan forums because those only represent the opinions of 15 or 20 fans. And that can be misleading.

Like for example, if you go into a pro SW prequels forum you would think nobody hates them. But if you go into an anti prequels forum you would think everybody hates them with enormous passion.


All because they're ignoring your contemptuous desire for a rematch involving the Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus while occasionally throwing you a bone when you become excessively vocal doesn't mean they're going to heed every beck and call you make. The world operates on the principle of that the more vocal you are, the more you can effect change, when that really isn't how things work. Sometimes, yeah, stuff falls through though. The vocal minority though unfortunately just makes getting real and positive change harder to accomplish altogether. It functions as a form of obstructionism more than anything nowadays.

So, in your desire for a rematch - which you are a minority in, there are a lot of people that aren't on board with your notion of about having said rematch. Couple of the prevailing attitudes either want the Spinosaurus shown as it was, an animal and then swept under the rug and the other attitude is people just don't give a crap about it and want it ignored altogether because they're satisfied with the fan service JW did with Rexy smashing through the skeleton in the climax against the Indominus. The point here is, your point of view need not be represented in the grand scheme of things as an indicative that the fandom is being watched. Frankly, the fandoms of a lot of properties (including the Jurassic series) have been watched since the Internet has been around and able to share that kind of insider information. It is just more in prevalent nowadays because of the mass market use of the Internet.

I was not even talking about the rematch at all.

There are a number of issues that me (among many others) are very dissapointed with. Like Universal acting like nobody cares for The Lost World when actually most people that grew up on it actually like it. All of the inconsistent retcons on all those tie in websites and videos like saying the Skeleton of the Spino in JW is the Spino from JP3 when it never had a crest on the skull and all that just screams that Universal is just making up as they go along without knowing that much.

So it goes way beyond just me not getting what I want with a rematch. It is all of the other things Universal has done as well wich have been very well listed on many other threads here. So I am surprised that you believe fans are only pissed off because they are not getting a rematch, It goes waaay beyond just that, in fact like others have said, there are like 2 or 3 threads here on the topic of all of the things Universal has done to piss off the fans. I constantly post about how I hate that the internet acts like everybody hates TLW because me and many others think of it as just as good as the first, and I have never been happy about having more hybrids.

So to say me and other fans are dissapointed just because they are not getting a rematch and only because of that is just flat out not true. In fact it is very very far from reality.

And I do not want to turn this into a rematch thread because that was not the original intention but now that you brought it up, I highly recommend that you really check out the thread on the rematch here.

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1052p60-t-rex-spinosaurus-rematch-in-jurassic-world-2-petition-noted-by-colin-trevorrow

While no one is claiming that the desire for a rematch is an overwhelming majority, I posted plenty of evidence there of why it is certainly not the tiny minority that you make it out to be. I do fully recognize that there are fans that are not into it, (not denying that) but from personal experience from what I have seen over the last 16, 17 years, it is usually half of the fans saying they would like to see it and understanding the why behind it and the other half just being kinda neutral about it. Not showing interest but not being furious about it if it happens either. In fact I raerly ever encounter fans that really hate the idea of a rematch outside of 2 or 3 fans on forums or 2 or 3 blogs, and I have never met any fan in real life that is against or hates the idea. So if anything, the tiny minority that is very vocal it is those that really hate the idea, the majority is divided between those who are indifferent to it and those in favor. But all do coincide on one point, it is the single most controversial issue in the franchise. That is why one can not act as if this is only a wish of only a microscopic group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 724
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 pm

I was merely using your misguided movement as an example in my post about how you have access to a very small and very niche sample size in your desire for it and how it will most likely not be heard due to that. Perhaps I should've made that a little bit more clear. my apologies.

The standpoint with TLW right now seems to slowly (emphasis on slowly) turning around ever so slightly, but it still has a long way to go before it is regarded. I've seen quite a number of people finally come out and say that it is an under appreciated film given the atmospheric qualities of it and the thematic elements, which before in comparison to the constant ragging on it before JP3 has been kind of nice. It has a long way of going, but frankly when I start seeing things like "an under appreciated gem in the rough" I can see people are starting to receive it a lot better. Fallen Kingdom is trying to hit a TLW theme as well for the most part here. So it's not at all as forgotten about as you would think. It's still going. The problem is how they're blaming the Spinosaurus for JP3's failure instead of addressing the real issue of Joe Johnston's inability to manage the production and how he threw the script out for something "more basic" while filming causing an a point of contention on the cast side, something William H. Macy commented about in 2000 on Jay Leno and in couple tabloids. Unfortunately he got blasted by the fandom because "he wasn't being very nice" as it were when he was being very blunt about the failures of the production while still being respectful. I consider the Spinosaurus a really neat animal, because I am on the side of paleontology and the progress/marching on of science. All animals are cool, even the creepy ones. It is truly terrible it is pegged as the reason for JP3's failure when it was merely a symptom of a wider problem inflicted by the slap-dash approach to the production.

Unfortunately there are a lot of holes in the canon and there's a lot of misdirection over the years. Before JP3 we had TLW "viral site" which repurposed elements of the Hollywood JP: The Ride and had all sorts of contradictions and what not. It was widely regarded as non-canon, but honestly there was confusion even like there is now. That said, there were viral attempts with JP3 that were far lesser as they were not as impactful. Now aside from the blunder with the JW Spinosaurus being the JP3 Spinosaurus' skeleton that Trevorrow joked about in an interview and some over eager keyboard artist decided to incorporate it there really isn't too many issues that we need to be upset about. Given we can call it "rumored canon" and can easily debunk it because of the visual differences alone. Like I said, it's "rumored canon" that can be easily shut down. Heck it's even similar to a lot of the references JP3 made about InGen's List that was a word for word conversation from a thread way back on InGenNET as well as an ICQ chat. I'm showing my age here it seems.

So why should we not be upset with the additional stuff being added now after the dead period? For one, it's their sandbox and they can do whatever the heck they want. We've invented continuations and conclusions for the last better part of close to two decades, we're still attached to those ideas, those notions, because we ourselves ended the film series in our own special way. We're used to our ending, so we need to drop that now because it is no longer applicable and people are upset. I can empathize, I even had my own idealistic continuation of the series there, but we are getting new official stuff. Outside of this there are a massive amount of people calling foul because of the inconsistencies in the documents being leaked by the DPG site and while this is true, we need to realize what it is ACTUALLY showing instead of the cut and dry of it all. We need to see them merely as what they are here, corporate miscommunication. Actually it is a symptom of a corrupt organization and how imperfect it was all. I don't know how many of you are familiar with working, but miscommunication is a constant theme in whatever organization despite how well intentioned it may seem. So we have a lot of corporate entities that do not know what the right hand is doing from the left and so this is why we have inconsistencies with what we thought we knew set out by other films. That said, there is a fine line for these inconsistencies not to cross, but the thing is they are keeping way below that line and merely illustrating the organic nature of it all. In the end, it makes it real.

As for the hybrids, does Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect meaning anything to you whatsoever? It's been around. It's there, it's part of the foundation started way back when it was just JP and TLW. It was only swept under the rug when Hasbro bought out Kenner though and started doing "their thing" with focusing on other properties.

Of course, you couldn't resist to plug your stupid petition. I feel the urge to smack you for it, but honestly it is a good thing I can't because it could resort to the beatdown of your lifetime akin to one of those you'd hear about from Transformers that Megatron delivers to Starscream when Starscream has notions of causing a mutiny in Decepticon ranks to take over. Razz

The fact is, you refuse to look at the facts. I can't make it anymore blunt here. In fact, you avoid them wherever possible, going along with your own narration on the matter about the rematch altogether and then when it does come up, you plug it in some self-serving approach of sorts. Really there's a lot of people that love the animal fights in the trilogy, and that's fine. No one is saying they can or cannot like them. I personally wouldn't mind an altercation between a Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops akin to what we got in JPTG, but on the big screen. Understand though, I'm not saying you cannot have your petition and your wish, but being delusional about it is just going to make you disappointed when it is altogether ignored in the end. It is less likely to occur than you think given Uni's insistence on trying to sweep the Spinosaurus under the proverbial rug altogether. So it's going to be disappointing to you when it never comes up and you're going to rage about it. The fact is, you shouldn't. It's a very unimportant issue because how it was handled in JW. As they say from Frozen, "Let it Go"

The only reason the issue is so contentious is because a lot of people have placed their volatile emotions on either animal in the fight along with the fact that people just fail at handling an altogether different opinion from their own and want to tear crap up because of it. That was actually the reason the "rule" came into being on JPL, we had a mature topic going until someone came in, attacked people who disagreed with them, and went on cyclic reasoning with their over investment of their volatile emotions. Then with the advent and rise of trolling it became more apparent that serious discourse about the subject was altogether near impossible. The point I am making was that until that point the conversation was had intelligently, after the trolls got ahold of it? Not so much. it was a way for them to make the Mods and Admins move like Bee's nest that was agitated.

Anyways, I'm tired, and I'm really not going to discuss the matter with you anymore given how much speaking to you is like sharing a conversation with a brick wall. Heck, it's really not my intent to "change your mind" so much as it is my intent to point out things the readers of this thread haven't read before or realized. Good luck with your petition in any event.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 375
Points : 1259
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 pm

mmmmm...not really.

_______________
Are you interested in a text-based Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom roleplay centered on Isla Nublar? Vote here!

Open, says smug:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 am

What the heck Tyrannosaur TJ...Seriously what? Your post is so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

In was actually hoping to have a nice conversation untill you went on a power trip with threats and personal attacks...Like really a beatdown of a lifetime simply because one person would like to see something on a movie? Like seriously? Ok tough guy.

First of all I have not refused to see any facts. I will be the first to admit that the chances of a rematch are slim to none.

I have never stated that the chances for a rematch are high, just that the support for it is not as tiny as you make it out to be. 2 different things. Read.

And yet here you are telling me that I am refusing to see facts?

Delusional? I was actually in agreement of many of the things you were saying untill you started with the threats.

I actualy (like you) fully recognize that Universal is trying to sweep the Spino under the rug . I have never stated otherwise.

Talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? Did you even read the link I gave you? I was among the first posters to recognize that a rematch was very unlikely. And I did not rage or attack anyone on a personal level (only you are doing that).

Seriously SMDH... Next time actually wait to hear what the other person has to say instead of going on a rant with uncalled for shots simply because you believe a person is a certain way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 724
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:23 am

@SmugTheFab wrote:
mmmmm...not really.

Was that to me or what has gone on before? I'm presuming before, but I wanted to check.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
What the heck Tyrannosaur TJ...Seriously what? Your post is so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

In was actually hoping to have a nice conversation untill you went on a power trip with threats and personal attacks...Like really a beatdown of a lifetime simply because one person would like to see something on a movie? Like seriously? Ok tough guy.

First of all I have not refused to see any facts. I will be the first to admit that the chances of a rematch are slim to none.

I have never stated that the chances for a rematch are high, just that the support for it is not as tiny as you make it out to be. 2 different things. Read.

And yet here you are telling me that I am refusing to see facts?

Delusional?  I was actually in agreement of many of the things you were saying untill you started with the threats.

I actualy (like you) fully recognize that Universal is trying to sweep the Spino under the rug . I have never stated otherwise.

Talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? Did you even read the link I gave you?  I was among the first posters to recognize that a rematch was very unlikely. And I did not rage or attack anyone on a personal level (only you are doing that).

Seriously SMDH... Next time actually wait to hear what the other person has to say instead of going on a rant with uncalled for shots simply because you believe a person is a certain way.

*pained sigh of exhaustion* Honestly I was speaking in jest with beating you with your own petition. Hence the emoticon at the end with the tongue sticking out. To put it bluntly, you've been very annoying and irritating with it in the past. It is merely just beyond simply being frustrating.

As for everything else you've said I'm just going to not really do anything with your responses. Why? Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my own no matter how misguided either of those opinions may in fact be. That said, I really don't see anything changing my opinion about you and your petition unless you stop the self-promotion and actually start posting in a way that shows humility instead of your excessive inflated sense of over-entitlement. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, I'm merely saying people would probably be more willing for discourse or discussion with you if you weren't so...wound up?

Case in point, there was this thread expressed by Rhedo with the same exact subject and discussion going on in it before you opted to create your own for your own reasons I'm sure. What that looks like is entitlement and a desire to be the center focus of discussion and that's just plain ol' needy and beyond problematic. Not only are you kicking Rhedo in the teeth, but you're just doing it to everybody else too because you want to be the one embraced. So the others here, aside from myself, sees that as some serious entitlement issues as well as a serious case of wanting people to place you on the pedestal of relevance to what you have to say because it is relevant on the subject.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be relevant, but the problem here is how you went about it. You want to matter without taking the time to make what you have to say or want to say to matter basically. Honestly I'm not saying this to be an ass entirely. It isn't really entirely amusing to me to point this out to you. Truthfully, the reason I'm saying this is not only because no one else is really going to verbalize it to you, but I want you to turn it around and do better for yourself in the future. That's all. Everybody has potential until they altogether don't because they squander it away. While you, meaning well, can and do have good points, those are bogged down with how you are with wanting to be the center of attention and relevant. Basically let what will happen, happen. If not brush yourself off and continue posting for you instead of posting to generate support for what you believe and want others to believe.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 300
Points : 827
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Again whaaaat!?

I did not even post on this board for months. All I do is create ONE thread that is not even about the petition and you interpret that as me being an egotistical arrogant evil guy only looking to be the center of attention and looking to do harm to other posters? Talk about overreaction...

Again seriously what the heck? Rhedo is actually one of my favorite if not my favorite poster on this board. Why would I want to overshadow him? It's a forum, not a competition.

And again did you even read  the link gave you?  if you did you would see that I try to be as respectful as possible about the topic. And yet here you are saying that I show no humillity?

I actually agreed with you on many of your points but ok, I am a no humility brick Wall ? Ok.

You are not going to change your mind about me? I think that is the problem. The problem is thst you are so convinced that I am this evil guy and that everything I do is with evil intentions that it is hard to change your mind regardless of what I do. Why don't you practice the humility that you preach and open yourself to the idea that your idea of me might not be what you think.

If all I care is being the center of attention, why did I stop posting for months? Shouldn't I post 20 or 30 a month?

The point is. You are so set on trying to "guide" me that you haven't been able to see (or accept) that the one who is actually being misguided is you.

The fact is, your resentment towards me is based on your assumptions, not reality.

Nobody else seems to be as overly annoyed as you are about me (according to you) trying to be the center of attention. And you know why nobody else is complaining about that? Because it is flat out not true. I did not even post on this board for quite a few months, and my post count is actually really low, i raerly if ever make threads, and yet here you are convinced that I am trying to be the center of attention all the time? The thing you are trying to enlighten me for, is just flat out wrong. Simple as that. So stop trying to be so convinced that you are correct about me and that everyithing I do is done with evil intentions. This thread was not done with the intention of trying to outdo anyone, nor as a cry for attention neither as a tool to rally support for any cause. If you disagree with the topic then just respectfuly say that you disagree with the topic like everybody else has done and move on because otherwise you are derailing the thread. Wich by the way is ironic since you are complaining about your perception of me trying to take away attention from others yet you are the one that has derailed a thread in order for you to call attention to yourself about how wise you are by showing light to me on a personal level that you yourself are wrong about (Ever Heard of Private Message?) It is that very attitude that many fans did not like about your time in JP Legacy, you preached respect and consideration while showing very little respect and consideration . To finish, I have been a Jurassic Park fan for over 21 years now. So I know very well what I am talking about. You are not exactly the best person to be handing out advice when your time as a mod was far from popular or well liked.


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1188
Points : 2696
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Alright guys...


_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 724
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Tyrant Lizard,



Gladly complying.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 375
Points : 1259
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:27 am

@TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
@SmugTheFab wrote:
mmmmm...not really.

Was that to me or what has gone on before? I'm presuming before, but I wanted to check.

It was aimed towards the topic title in general Laughing

_______________
Are you interested in a text-based Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom roleplay centered on Isla Nublar? Vote here!

Open, says smug:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannosaurTJ
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 724
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-11
Location : Ohio, United States

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:06 am

@SmugTheFab wrote:
@TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
@SmugTheFab wrote:
mmmmm...not really.

Was that to me or what has gone on before? I'm presuming before, but I wanted to check.

It was aimed towards the topic title in general Laughing

XD Totally figured, but it never hurts to ask in any case.

_______________

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 971
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:20 pm

@TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
@SmugTheFab wrote:
mmmmm...not really.

Was that to me or what has gone on before? I'm presuming before, but I wanted to check.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
What the heck Tyrannosaur TJ...Seriously what? Your post is so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

In was actually hoping to have a nice conversation untill you went on a power trip with threats and personal attacks...Like really a beatdown of a lifetime simply because one person would like to see something on a movie? Like seriously? Ok tough guy.

First of all I have not refused to see any facts. I will be the first to admit that the chances of a rematch are slim to none.

I have never stated that the chances for a rematch are high, just that the support for it is not as tiny as you make it out to be. 2 different things. Read.

And yet here you are telling me that I am refusing to see facts?

Delusional?  I was actually in agreement of many of the things you were saying untill you started with the threats.

I actualy (like you) fully recognize that Universal is trying to sweep the Spino under the rug . I have never stated otherwise.

Talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? Did you even read the link I gave you?  I was among the first posters to recognize that a rematch was very unlikely. And I did not rage or attack anyone on a personal level (only you are doing that).

Seriously SMDH... Next time actually wait to hear what the other person has to say instead of going on a rant with uncalled for shots simply because you believe a person is a certain way.

*pained sigh of exhaustion* Honestly I was speaking in jest with beating you with your own petition. Hence the emoticon at the end with the tongue sticking out. To put it bluntly, you've been very annoying and irritating with it in the past. It is merely just beyond simply being frustrating.

As for everything else you've said I'm just going to not really do anything with your responses. Why? Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my own no matter how misguided either of those opinions may in fact be. That said, I really don't see anything changing my opinion about you and your petition unless you stop the self-promotion and actually start posting in a way that shows humility instead of your excessive inflated sense of over-entitlement. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, I'm merely saying people would probably be more willing for discourse or discussion with you if you weren't so...wound up?

Case in point, there was this thread expressed by Rhedo with the same exact subject and discussion going on in it before you opted to create your own for your own reasons I'm sure. What that looks like is entitlement and a desire to be the center focus of discussion and that's just plain ol' needy and beyond problematic. Not only are you kicking Rhedo in the teeth, but you're just doing it to everybody else too because you want to be the one embraced. So the others here, aside from myself, sees that as some serious entitlement issues as well as a serious case of wanting people to place you on the pedestal of relevance to what you have to say because it is relevant on the subject.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be relevant, but the problem here is how you went about it. You want to matter without taking the time to make what you have to say or want to say to matter basically. Honestly I'm not saying this to be an ass entirely. It isn't really entirely amusing to me to point this out to you. Truthfully, the reason I'm saying this is not only because no one else is really going to verbalize it to you, but I want you to turn it around and do better for yourself in the future. That's all. Everybody has potential until they altogether don't because they squander it away. While you, meaning well, can and do have good points, those are bogged down with how you are with wanting to be the center of attention and relevant. Basically let what will happen, happen. If not brush yourself off and continue posting for you instead of posting to generate support for what you believe and want others to believe.
well said. Nice to see someone i agree with put to words what i have been thinking about the fan base so clearly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...   

Back to top Go down
 
This franchise has been handled and received very similar to Star Wars through the years...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: