Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:27 pm

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/30/colin-trevorrow-directing-third-jurassic-world/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1158
Points : 2607
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Interesting. I would have figured that he would have at least waited until FK was released before anything like this was set in stone.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm disappointed in this. I love Jurassic World, but I really wanted a new director for this one. And I know just how bad the rep for the third film will now be. Prepare for another thousand articles bashing the film before it comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1158
Points : 2607
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm

It was the safest thing for Trevorrow to do after the Star Wars/Book Of Henry fiasco. Let's face it, the writing was on the wall after he lost Star Wars.

I would have preferred somebody new myself, or would have at least liked to see how Bayona did before making anything official.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It was the safest thing for Trevorrow to do after the Star Wars/Book Of Henry fiasco. Let's face it, the writing was on the wall after he lost Star Wars.

I would have preferred somebody new myself, or would have at least liked to see how Bayona did before making anything official.

Yeah. However, if there were a writer on board with lots of experience and good rep, I'd be much happier about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1158
Points : 2607
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:01 pm

[quote="Six-Foot Turkey"]
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yeah. However, if there were a writer on board with lots of experience and good rep, I'd be much happier about it.

Agreed. With Trev we have a pretty good idea of what we'll be getting, so some of the intrigue is gone. It's also interesting that Trevorrow, who himself suggested that he wanted to see a new director with a different vision for each film, is now back in the directors chair.

To put it bluntly, this is damage control after the Star Wars/Book Of Henry fiasco.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:11 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yeah. However, if there were a writer on board with lots of experience and good rep, I'd be much happier about it.

Agreed. With Trev we have a pretty good idea of what we'll be getting, so some of the intrigue is gone. It's also interesting that Trevorrow, who himself suggested that he wanted to see a new director with a different vision for each film, is now back in the directors chair.

To put it bluntly, this is damage control after the Star Wars/Book Of Henry fiasco.

I was just about to mention that. It does seem a little coincidental that after his last film that didn't do too well and after his parting ways with Star Wars that he goes back on what he once said and decides to direct JW3. It doesn't feel like a choice they made for creative sakes, rather something to get Trevorrow back on his feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1652
Points : 2539
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm disappointed in this. I love Jurassic World, but I really wanted a new director for this one. And I know just how bad the rep for the third film will now be. Prepare for another thousand articles bashing the film before it comes out.

I’m absolutely crushed.

I feel like this is him making a career move after the Star Wars incident.

Edit: and I see that was already brought up. Yeah he’s right.

Seriously though.... my hype for the series might legit be over.


Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1158
Points : 2607
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I was just about to mention that. It does seem a little coincidental that after his last film that didn't do too well and after his parting ways with Star Wars that he goes back on what he once said and decides to direct JW3. It doesn't feel like a choice they made for creative sakes, rather something to get Trevorrow back on his feet.

Indeed, and that's what really bothers me about this decision. I don't like the idea of our little dinosaur franchise being used to prop Trevorrow back up. The director should serve the franchise, not the other way around.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm disappointed in this. I love Jurassic World, but I really wanted a new director for this one. And I know just how bad the rep for the third film will now be. Prepare for another thousand articles bashing the film before it comes out.

I’m absolutely crushed.

I feel like this is him making a career move after the Star Wars incident.

Edit: and I see that was already brought up. Yeah he’s right.

Seriously though.... my hype for the series might legit be over.

If Fallen Kingdom is really good it shouldn't matter too much. But I really wish we got a new director.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Especially when the new writer hasn't got that much experience, the best thing to do would've been to bring on an experienced Director
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 911
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 pm

I am also disappointed with this move. I like Jurassic world but I was hoping for someone new and I completely agree that this probably would not have happened if Colin were doing star wars 9. They are just asking for new articles to bash this franchise. So many other choices out there! on a positive note, i rather colin than kong's director (which some people speculated would be the director). After watching ready player one, spielberg would of been an awesome to come back. The scene with rexy was so short but it beats everything we got out of her in jw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus


Posts : 196
Points : 812
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:34 pm

This is like a complete reversal of our feelings about Sorna on the DPG website. Laughing

Honestly I’m pretty neutral about this. Keep in mind that Trevorrow has been raked over the coals left and right, and The Book of Henry and Jurassic World have problems with writing, not really direction. I’m okay with a finale that plays it straighter and safer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:00 pm

@BoulderFaceplant wrote:
This is like a complete reversal of our feelings about Sorna on the DPG website. Laughing

Honestly I’m pretty neutral about this. Keep in mind that Trevorrow has been raked over the coals left and right, and The Book of Henry and Jurassic World have problems with writing, not really direction. I’m okay with a finale that plays it straighter and safer.

True, however, I don't know what to expect with Emily Carmichael's writing and Trevorrow wrote Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 911
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 pm

It just irks me that they would go with someone like Colin Trevorrow for the finale. this may be the last film we get in the franchise for a while, I wanted someone with more flare
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1652
Points : 2539
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
It just irks me that they would go with someone like Colin Trevorrow for the finale. this may be the last film we get in the franchise for a while, I wanted someone with more flare

Exactly. It’s such a bland choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1163
Points : 2053
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2016-06-17
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm of two minds about this:

On one hand, I'm one of the relatively few people who thinks Trevorrow gets too much of a bad rep from everyone, and I would really like to see him make a resurgence. And from a directing standpoint, having the man in charge take the reigns to make sure the trilogy has a solid ending makes some degree of sense. Before Jurassic World broke all those box office records, I felt that the film offered some much-needed closure for the JP series that I sincerely felt Jurassic Park 3 failed to deliver. Plus, if they're using the Original Star Wars template, then the third chapter is somewhat lighter than the second film. I think Trevorrow could deliver on that, especially if his treatment for Star Wars Episode IX involved the kinds of story beats that it did.

On the other hand, it does go against his words about having someone fresh direct each film in the saga, something that Star Wars was also originally going to do before Trevorrow was booted by Kennedy and The Last Jedi basically demanded that Abrams come back to attempt to fix things. The patterns are starting to look a bit too similar for comfort. If Bayona did a good job with Fallen Kingdom, why wasn't he courted to direct the follow-up? I also agree that giving the final film to a filmmaker of experience would ensure more positive word of mouth and stronger direction. I haven't seen The Book of Henry, but it's negative reception will be a black mark on the third film even before its release. And lastly, the word of mouth around Fallen Kingdom hasn't been all that supportive, and even if the film is good and benefits from Bayona's style and direction people will instead openly question why Trevorrow is directing the third one rather than the more experience Bayona.

I know its still early days, this could be the very thing this trilogy needs or it could be a real miscalculation. We're three years out at the moment, and we still need to see and judge the second in this sequel trilogy properly before deciding if its the right call.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1652
Points : 2539
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Here’s me just thinking out loud.

He says the trilogy is set up for the end of the end. And our best guess Is that the next movie ends up with animals loose on the mainland. And I personally think the animals are going extinct or it has them taking over.

I guess I’m worried that he wouldn’t be able to show it off in a dark and emotional way that is serious. And that it’s going to feel like too much of a popcorn flick. Like the thought of having more Blue and Owen on the mainland makes me cringe in fear personally.

Since it’s the only JP movie that won’t take place on a island at all that we know of it sounds extremely ambitious and hard to pull off for anyone.

Edit: also at Bary ... yeah it’s weird the more I think about it. Why would they make this decision public so early before seeing how people even respond to Fallen Kingdom? It lends credence to the idea that nobody but Colin is getting a chance at it I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1362
Points : 2223
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Ewwwww.

I hated this. Yeah Uni, you don't change. So many potential for JW3 now lost. I'll enjoy the time with Bayona as director.

_______________
"Chaos theory is a pseudoscience you asshole" - Headcanon line from Sickle_Claw

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 911
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:22 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm of two minds about this:

On one hand, I'm one of the relatively few people who thinks Trevorrow gets too much of a bad rep from everyone, and I would really like to see him make a resurgence. And from a directing standpoint, having the man in charge take the reigns to make sure the trilogy has a solid ending makes some degree of sense. Before Jurassic World broke all those box office records, I felt that the film offered some much-needed closure for the JP series that I sincerely felt Jurassic Park 3 failed to deliver. Plus, if they're using the Original Star Wars template, then the third chapter is somewhat lighter than the second film. I think Trevorrow could deliver on that, especially if his treatment for Star Wars Episode IX involved the kinds of story beats that it did.

On the other hand, it does go against his words about having someone fresh direct each film in the saga, something that Star Wars was also originally going to do before Trevorrow was booted by Kennedy and The Last Jedi basically demanded that Abrams come back to attempt to fix things. The patterns are starting to look a bit too similar for comfort. If Bayona did a good job with Fallen Kingdom, why wasn't he courted to direct the follow-up? I also agree that giving the final film to a filmmaker of experience would ensure more positive word of mouth and stronger direction. I haven't seen The Book of Henry, but it's negative reception will be a black mark on the third film even before its release. And lastly, the word of mouth around Fallen Kingdom hasn't been all that supportive, and even if the film is good and benefits from Bayona's style and direction people will instead openly question why Trevorrow is directing the third one rather than the more experience Bayona.

I know its still early days, this could be the very thing this trilogy needs or it could be a real miscalculation. We're three years out at the moment, and we still need to see and judge the second in this sequel trilogy properly before deciding if its the right call.
word of mouth? are people that have seen the film say its bad or did you mean the usual hate articles from people that haven't seen the film
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 587
Points : 1413
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Not the news I was hoping for but not totally unexpected after he left SW, let's just sit back & reserve judgement till 2021. JW was good but not great but since we don't even know the last film's story yet we cannot comment too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm of two minds about this:

On one hand, I'm one of the relatively few people who thinks Trevorrow gets too much of a bad rep from everyone, and I would really like to see him make a resurgence. And from a directing standpoint, having the man in charge take the reigns to make sure the trilogy has a solid ending makes some degree of sense. Before Jurassic World broke all those box office records, I felt that the film offered some much-needed closure for the JP series that I sincerely felt Jurassic Park 3 failed to deliver. Plus, if they're using the Original Star Wars template, then the third chapter is somewhat lighter than the second film. I think Trevorrow could deliver on that, especially if his treatment for Star Wars Episode IX involved the kinds of story beats that it did.

On the other hand, it does go against his words about having someone fresh direct each film in the saga, something that Star Wars was also originally going to do before Trevorrow was booted by Kennedy and The Last Jedi basically demanded that Abrams come back to attempt to fix things. The patterns are starting to look a bit too similar for comfort. If Bayona did a good job with Fallen Kingdom, why wasn't he courted to direct the follow-up? I also agree that giving the final film to a filmmaker of experience would ensure more positive word of mouth and stronger direction. I haven't seen The Book of Henry, but it's negative reception will be a black mark on the third film even before its release. And lastly, the word of mouth around Fallen Kingdom hasn't been all that supportive, and even if the film is good and benefits from Bayona's style and direction people will instead openly question why Trevorrow is directing the third one rather than the more experience Bayona.

I know its still early days, this could be the very thing this trilogy needs or it could be a real miscalculation. We're three years out at the moment, and we still need to see and judge the second in this sequel trilogy properly before deciding if its the right call.
word of mouth? are people that have seen the film say its bad or did you mean the usual hate articles from people that haven't seen the film

I think he meant that the way people are talking about Fallen Kingdom from the trailers and footage we've seen has been slightly negative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 384
Points : 1201
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 am

This is Star Wars all over again. I hope Fallen Kingdom will be more positively received than TLJ, though. We don't have enough information to judge JW3 when JW2 hasn't even come out yet. That being said, I do trust him as a director (not as a writer), and Connolly isn't writing, so that's nice. I'm not sure about Carmichael, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 445
Points : 911
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:21 am

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
This is Star Wars all over again. I hope Fallen Kingdom will be more positively received than TLJ, though. We don't have enough information to judge JW3 when JW2 hasn't even come out yet. That being said, I do trust him as a director (not as a writer), and Connolly isn't writing, so that's nice. I'm not sure about Carmichael, though.
on that note, some guy (peter something) from slashfilm says he heard the studio is very happy JWFK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 299
Points : 766
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 am

I actually like Colin Trevorrow (despite me not being a fan of Jurassic World) and I agree that he does not deserve the hate he sometimes gets. He seems like a nice, humble person with good intentions given how much and how often he interacts with fans on Twitter.

Now compare that to Rian Johnson for example who despite knowing The Last Jedi has a huge backlash is always trying to downplay it by more or less implying that what the fans are pointing out is invalid and straight up saying he would not change a thing about his movies.

It could be worse. Colin is a great choice in that sense. I just do not want to see yet another Jurassic World sequel that centers around hybrids and acts like The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3 have never existed.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:36 am

If the studio IS very happy with Fallen Kingdom, you'd think they'd try all they can to get Bayona back to direct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 384
Points : 1201
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 am

I'm pretty sure that's not how it generally works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
avatar

Posts : 886
Points : 1404
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 am

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not how it generally works.

I'm pretty sure it is in some capacity...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 289
Points : 1133
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:46 pm

As a fan of JW and hopefully JW:FK too I wanted a new director for each of the new films.

The JW trilogy are "popcorn flicks" and that is completely fine but they could be more.

_______________
Avatar created by InGenUity  I approve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
avatar

Posts : 587
Points : 1413
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Maybe Bayona didn't want to come back? he may have only wanted to do one film & then go back to something more intimate & personal to him which is totally understandable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   

Back to top Go down
 
Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: