Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 pm

On the Mattel figure, there's a speckled red section just behind the eye of the creature, which itself is pure red in color (they're a fiery orange everywhere else). Yet none of the marketing images of the iRaptor or on the creature in the film show this distinctive feature. Mattel has been very faithful with the toys thus far, so this is just weird.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm

I’m a bit disappointed it’s not red. Maybe it was a change late in th development of the film?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:38 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
On the Mattel figure, there's a speckled red section just behind the eye of the creature, which itself is pure red in color (they're a fiery orange everywhere else). Yet none of the marketing images of the iRaptor or on the creature in the film show this distinctive feature. Mattel has been very faithful with the toys thus far, so this is just weird.

This is probably just a simple mistake on Mattel's part. Besides, with how well Mattel has done with the toys, I don't think this is something to worry about. It's not like if it was made by Hasbro, which if this was the case, would have been just another little thing that would have made it worse.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
This is probably just a simple mistake on Mattel's part. Besides, with how well Mattel has done with the toys, I don't think this is something to worry about. It's not like if it was made by Hasbro, which if this was the case, would have been just another little thing that would have made it worse.
It's not a mistake. You can see the red stripe behind the eye on every one of the iRaptor toys.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:58 pm

They also have the yellow stripe only going to the base of the skull on the figure where in the movie it goes up to the jawline. Possible they were just guessing based on drawings?

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
They also have the yellow stripe only going to the base of the skull on the figure where in the movie it goes up to the jawline. Possible they were just guessing based on drawings?
Possibly. We know that Kenner had to work only from books and the concept art when it came to making the toys.

Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:41 am

Perhaps an earlier design of the Indoraptor did have some red around the eyes, and that was the blueprint Mattel went with?

I dunno. That still doesn't really make sense xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor   

Back to top Go down

Interesting feature I noticed (lacking) on the iRaptor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: