Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
20%
 20% [ 16 ]
18%
 18% [ 15 ]
26%
 26% [ 21 ]
16%
 16% [ 13 ]
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
11%
 11% [ 9 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 82

AuthorMessage
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Don't you guys know?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 pm

When I rewatched the movie today, on the part where Maisie picked the lock, the guy sat in front of me turned to his kid and said "clever girl".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:34 am

This provides a pretty good idea of what would happen in the aftermath of JWFK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:20 am

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
When I rewatched the movie today, on the part where Maisie picked the lock, the guy sat in front of me turned to his kid and said "clever girl".

How to Pick a Lockwood.

Also, nice video, the goats one. Imagine dinosaurs instead of goats.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:28 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some people have made great points about the problems with the ending of this movie. No way how the dinosaurs would last long on U.S. soil without getting killed off fast. Not after what happened in San Diego back in TLW. If it had been either Central America, South America, or some place in Africa, where the countries in those continents don't have a powerful military, then it would work. But on American soil? Sorry, that's too much of a hard sell for me.

I still think we would have been better off if this movie got the T. rex ending-the one where the dinosaurs are relocated on Sorna and that Rexy found a new T. rex family-while the 3rd JW movie dealt with companies making dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon Rain Forest, parts of Asia, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted in real life.

Here's a link about Mokele-Mbembe, the sauropod that has been sighted in the Congo Basin.

Keep in mind the dinos that got free in the end are not the ONLY dinos on the mainland now. Some of the buyers got away with their dinosaurs, and Wu has a Baryonx and a case full of dna embryos.

But do we REALLY think that those dinos aren't going to get killed off? And Wu's arrested so everything he has is now basically the property of the Feds.

Pretty positive Wu didnt get arrested as that was him on the plane at the end?

Even if Wu did escape via being forced onto the plane by own men, then the Feds would still capture, or most likely the Baryonyx he had.

In any case, the point made by me and many others still stand. There is NO WAY how the medium and large dinosaurs are going to live without the military hunting them down. A group of AH-1 Cobras or AH-64D Apache Longbows would easily wipe them put with their auto-cannons, rockets, and anti-tank missiles. Sorry, but that wouldn't happen in a post San Diego rampage world. And do you think that they can portray the U.S. Military as a bunch of incompetents like Roland Emmerich did with the Army in Zilla '98? I don't. The Compys would last longer, but even then, I see U.S. Commandos wiping them out too.

The only place in the U.S.A. where those dinosaurs could hide is Alaska, but considering how none of them are feathered and aren't adapted to survive so far up north, that was never going to happen.

This ending only makes me believe that this was done for the sake of making the next movie about a mainland plot for the sake of it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Couldn't there be Claire's group or other activists fighting to make the dinosaurs a recognized endangered species - hence, complicating whether or not the military or police can just shoot all of them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
Couldn't there be Claire's group or other activists fighting to make the dinosaurs a recognized endangered species - hence, complicating whether or not the military or police can just shoot all of them?

You know how inept the government is. By that time, most of them, common sense says the medium and large ones, would have been dead for 3 years by the time a bill is passed to protect them. And I don't think people would care about the Compy's much either.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 pm

It's quite the conundrum, sure there will be those screaming for animals' rights but considering multiple species are going to be very dangerous to humans that might mute activites arguments. "Save the T-Rex!" "You mean the one that ate a family in the redwoods?" "Oh yeah nevermind."

Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm

I really don't think the Dinosaurs from the auction being on the loose in the mainland and breeding is really the main issue the ending is trying to get at. The real issue was hinted at by Wu and spoken by Malcolm in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:02 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I really don't think the Dinosaurs from the auction being on the loose in the mainland and breeding is really the main issue the ending is trying to get at. The real issue was hinted at by Wu and spoken by Malcolm in the end.

Which would be what exactly? I don't remember their exact quotes and all that pops into my mind is others being able to create dinosaurs.

Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 pm

@Spiegel wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Which would be what exactly? I don't remember their exact quotes and all that pops into my mind is others being able to create dinosaurs.

That those other buyers, who got away with their bought species, will create new ones. They can make more and newer version for a lot of applications such as warfare, pets or work related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some people have made great points about the problems with the ending of this movie. No way how the dinosaurs would last long on U.S. soil without getting killed off fast. Not after what happened in San Diego back in TLW. If it had been either Central America, South America, or some place in Africa, where the countries in those continents don't have a powerful military, then it would work. But on American soil? Sorry, that's too much of a hard sell for me.

I still think we would have been better off if this movie got the T. rex ending-the one where the dinosaurs are relocated on Sorna and that Rexy found a new T. rex family-while the 3rd JW movie dealt with companies making dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon Rain Forest, parts of Asia, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted in real life.

Here's a link about Mokele-Mbembe, the sauropod that has been sighted in the Congo Basin.

Keep in mind the dinos that got free in the end are not the ONLY dinos on the mainland now. Some of the buyers got away with their dinosaurs, and Wu has a Baryonx and a case full of dna embryos.

But do we REALLY think that those dinos aren't going to get killed off? And Wu's arrested so everything he has is now basically the property of the Feds.

Pretty positive Wu didnt get arrested as that was him on the plane at the end?

Even if Wu did escape via being forced onto the plane by own men, then the Feds would still capture, or most likely the Baryonyx he had.

In any case, the point made by me and many others still stand. There is NO WAY how the medium and large dinosaurs are going to live without the military hunting them down. A group of AH-1 Cobras or AH-64D Apache Longbows would easily wipe them put with their auto-cannons, rockets, and anti-tank missiles. Sorry, but that wouldn't happen in a post San Diego rampage world. And do you think that they can portray the U.S. Military as a bunch of incompetents like Roland Emmerich did with the Army in Zilla '98? I don't. The Compys would last longer, but even then, I see U.S. Commandos wiping them out too.

The only place in the U.S.A. where those dinosaurs could hide is Alaska, but considering how none of them are feathered and aren't adapted to survive so far up north, that was never going to happen.

This ending only makes me believe that this was done for the sake of making the next movie about a mainland plot for the sake of it.

Even if the feds track down and arrest Wu, I can still see him coming back and people needing him. More likely other scientists will try to "steal" his work by using the other dinosaurs that were sold to get the DNA and make their own dinosaur versions. Wu will get 100% mad at this and will want to stop it because well, he's the only one who can make it (he stated it in both movies, there's no way he's going to let anyone close to his research).

I really want to see Claire and Owen needing his help to something and on knees hoping Wu will help. It would be interesting. Plus, I can only see this happening if the technology goes worldwide and other people have access to it. Evil Plan

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:34 am

[quote="Rhedosaurus"]
@Robotpo wrote:
And I don't think people would care about the Compy's much either.

They will when people start getting the Dieter treatment. Razz

I feel like (if they can breed) Compys would be one of the worst and most invasive species to get out. Once they reach a certain population it would be like trying to wipe out rats or something, which of course would be impossible.

People would live in fear that they could get attached by a group of compys at any moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:21 pm

^^ There was a cancelled story line in the 90's Topps comics series about Compies getting loose on the mainland and people eating them as a delicacy (guess they taste like chicken?), then keeling over because of their poison. I think it started with Tim & Lex having taken some Compies off the island as pets - woops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Yeah. Compies on the mainland would be so much of a pest, and like Dilo said, one of the worst invasive species and then they would be impossible to remove.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 pm

I want compies to be what rats are today. I want them to invade the human world. Twisted Evil

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:52 pm

This lady liked it quite a bit:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Agree with the majority of her points. Especially when she says that this film really innovates and brings te saga forward. I really can't understand those who criticize FK for being the same old thing without ideas. I'm like "Did you actually watch the movie?".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:13 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
Agree with the majority of her points. Especially when she says that this film really innovates and brings te saga forward. I really can't understand those who criticize FK for being the same old thing without ideas. I'm like "Did you actually watch the movie?".

Plot and Character Repetition:
1. Dinosaurs round up - TLW
2. Trapped in an island with a dinosaur - The entire franchise
3. Dinosaurs lose in our world - TLW
4. Main Dinosaur character : T. Rex - the franchise expect JP///
5. Main Dinosaur character: Velociraptor - the franchise
6. Hybrid consisting of the two main dinosaur characters combined - JW
7. Characters: The Tech/Equipment/IT guy, The Dinosaur Nerd/Biologist, Mercenaries/Warden/Security/Great White Hunter, Rich old man with a heart of gold but questionable desicion making - The Franchise
8. People trying to control nature and make money off the dinosaurs - The Franchise

New:
1. Human clone
2. Volcano and lava
3. Some new species unseen before

It's a decent film but if you look at what I've listed it's just more of the same.

Edit: After reading this I realized a few more things that are the same like the trained Raptor Hero. I also realized that JP/// might be a bit of a stand out now for the reasoning behind people getting into the situation, trying to save their stranded son.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:29 pm

I think those 3 new points are already enough to make this sequel feel fresh. Especially the human clone thing. Also, the gothic atmosphere. The auction aspect was new as well. Also, the dinosaurs on mainland concept was only slightly used in TLW since that lasted one night and only for a dino. It didn't have big implications since it was quickly put to rest by taking the T-Rex back on Sorna again. In FK the dinosaurs on mainland concept is clearly irreversible, with lots of implications about humans co-existence with dinosaurs.

Then of course there are points similar to the previous movies, but that's an obvious thing in every franchise. Like, if some of your 8 points weren't in FK, it wouldn't make FK a Jurassic movie. Like, the point 8 for example. It's like saying Back to the Future Part II feels repetitive because it still talks about time travel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:58 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
I think those 3 new points are already enough to make this sequel feel fresh. Especially the human clone thing. Also, the gothic atmosphere. The auction aspect was new as well. Also, the dinosaurs on mainland concept was only slightly used in TLW since that lasted one night and only for a dino. It didn't have big implications since it was quickly put to rest by taking the T-Rex back on Sorna again. In FK the dinosaurs on mainland concept is clearly irreversible, with lots of implications about humans co-existence with dinosaurs.

Then of course there are points similar to the previous movies, but that's an obvious thing in every franchise. Like, if some of your 8 points weren't in FK, it wouldn't make FK a Jurassic movie. Like, the point 8 for example. It's like saying Back to the Future Part II feels repetitive because it still talks about time travel.

I disagree, the human clone thing really didnt have relevance to the plot. It may have relevance in the next film but we dont know that yet. It just doesnt really do anything outside of the mention and its potential use in the future.

The volcano just felt like a reason to rush the first part of the movie. "Hurry get the dinosaurs off the island, hurry get off the island now because its exploding." It was a pretty short part of the movie.

The auction just reminds me of trying to sell the idea to investors in previous films, just now its rich individuals with questionable intent.

I think the Rex in San Diego was important as it brought the existence of these creatures into the public eye, which was hidden behind settlements and NDAs previously. As for its comparison to the release of dinosaurs onto the mainland, we dont know how that will really end. Logically, aside from the Compys, the idea of roughly 20 dinosaurs getting loose is far from irreversible with deep meaning implications. If twenty tigers were suddenly freed, all female, in the United States would it be such an issue that it could never be resolved?

Also, yes, the underlying idea of creation, control, and corporate ambitions should remain the same, doesnt mean we have to take the same path to express it or show the point.

We can agree to disagree, it just find that my Fan Boy feelings are slowly being diminished by the most recent additions to the franchise.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 pm

@Robotpo wrote:

Grace Randolph isn't really liked by many people and has a bias against the MCU for being fired by Marvel. The fact that she liked the trainwreck known as Fant4stic is reason alone to be dubious of her reviews.

@Spiegel wrote:
I disagree, the human clone thing really didnt have relevance to the plot. It may have relevance in the next film but we dont know that yet. It just doesnt really do anything outside of the mention and its potential use in the future.

The volcano just felt like a reason to rush the first part of the movie. "Hurry get the dinosaurs off the island, hurry get off the island now because its exploding." It was a pretty short part of the movie.

The auction just reminds me of trying to sell the idea to investors in previous films, just now its rich individuals with questionable intent.

I think the Rex in San Diego was important as it brought the existence of these creatures into the public eye, which was hidden behind settlements and NDAs previously. As for its comparison to the release of dinosaurs onto the mainland, we dont know how that will really end. Logically, aside from the Compys, the idea of roughly 20 dinosaurs getting loose is far from irreversible with deep meaning implications. If twenty tigers were suddenly freed, all female, in the United States would it be such an issue that it could never be resolved?

Also, yes, the underlying idea of creation, control, and corporate ambitions should remain the same, doesnt mean we have to take the same path to express it or show the point.

We can agree to disagree, it just find that my Fan Boy feelings are slowly being diminished by the most recent additions to the franchise.

I'm starting to feel this way myself. Ever since The Lost World, it just feels like this franchise has been doing things for the sake of it. JP3 as a whole, done for the sake of a JP trilogy. Even more so how they threw out the script and made it with one on the fly, which rarely works. JW, made for the sake of it finally getting made. The ending of JW:FK, made for the sake of mainland plot in the next movie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

Grace Randolph isn't really liked by many people and has a bias against the MCU for being fired by Marvel. The fact that she liked the trainwreck known as Fant4stic is reason alone to be dubious of her reviews.

Anyone on social media is inevitably unliked by many people. Do you have anything to add on her actual comments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dance2nite
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm

On first viewing, I'll give it a 7.5/10, I thought it was just so much fun, yes there a plot holes, cringe dialogue at times & stupid character decisions but who cares... when a film like this is so beautifully directed & so much fun to watch, look forward to my second viewing in few days!!

My rankings of the films :

JP - 9/10
TLW/FK - 7.5/10
JW - 7/10
JP3 - 5.5/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 am

@Spiegel wrote:

The human clone thing was necessary for the ethical dilemma of the movie. Movies are not based only on the plot and successions of events, but also (or especially) on the subtext and messages. The human clone thing shows us that the power of genetics has really exploded (like Malcolm said at the beginning, "It won't end with dinosaurs de-extinction") and that there are no ethical limits anymore. The previous JP movies were all like "What if they use the genetic power?" and FK is "Genetic power has been unleashed already. How will we use it?".
The question whether dinosaurs should live or die (the key of the entire movie) finds a really brilliant twist when you realize that also a human kid is like them, so even if you at first were like "They should die because they weren't born naturally", then you'll might realize how actually hard is that decision when the creature to decide the fate of is a young innocent girl. That's POWERFUL stuff here, I'm just surprised at how overlooked and underrated this aspect of the movie is. It's also a very actual topic, since they recently experimented clonation of chimpanzees.
For the plot it's necessary as well, since it's Maisie who presses the button and let many dinosaurs free on the mainland, BECAUSE of her nature.
So how does this aspect have no relevance on the film?

The volcano as well brings the debate alive, the ethical main theme of the movie. I agree that the Nublar part felt rushed, but the volcano idea itself is pretty good. It's also visually something new and VERY reminiscent of the dinosaurs extinction from 65 million years ago. It's like Nature decided to remove dinosaurs once again since they were actually meant to be extinct. But of course humans change again the course of Nature.

In the previous films the dinosaurs were sold mainly as attractions. This time they wanted to use them for war, medical treatments, hunting, etc. Concepts mentioned in the The Lost World novel by Dodgson but never fully explored in the movies until FK.

The T-Rex in San Diego was important because it let people of the world know about Jurassic Park. But that's not the same as in Fallen Kingdom, where dinosaurs will co-exist with humans and a new era for the world will actually begin. It's a little bit different. Also, you said that we won't know how it will end since a bunch of dinosaurs might not have any effect on the mainland, but I think it's clear that this is the direction the trilogy is going to. I mean, even if it's not 100% realistic, it will happen. In-universe, it will be irreversible. I really doubt JW3 won't be about dinosaurs being all over the world. I mean, it would make the ending of FK pointless.

I hope your fanboy feelings will get restored lol there's so much to love and admire about these new entries, at least from my point of view, that I'd want everyone (especially JP fanboys) to see what I see.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:40 am

@Spiegel wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:

Plot and Character Repetition:
1. Dinosaurs round up - TLW
2. Trapped in an island with a dinosaur - The entire franchise
3. Dinosaurs lose in our world - TLW
4. Main Dinosaur character : T. Rex - the franchise expect JP///
5. Main Dinosaur character: Velociraptor - the franchise
6. Hybrid consisting of the two main dinosaur characters combined - JW
7. Characters: The Tech/Equipment/IT guy, The Dinosaur Nerd/Biologist, Mercenaries/Warden/Security/Great White Hunter, Rich old man with a heart of gold but questionable desicion making - The Franchise
8. People trying to control nature and make money off the dinosaurs - The Franchise

New:
1. Human clone
2. Volcano and lava
3. Some new species unseen before

It's a decent film but if you look at what I've listed it's just more of the same.

Edit: After reading this I realized a few more things that are the same like the trained Raptor Hero. I also realized that JP/// might be a bit of a stand out now for the reasoning behind people getting into the situation, trying to save their stranded son.

That's kind of a shallow way of looking at the film tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

@Spiegel wrote:

I'm starting to feel this way myself. Ever since The Lost World, it just feels like this franchise has been doing things for the sake of it. JP3 as a whole, done for the sake of a JP trilogy. Even more so how they threw out the script and made it with one on the fly, which rarely works. JW, made for the sake of it finally getting made. The ending of JW:FK, made for the sake of mainland plot in the next movie.

??????

Don't you really want this franchise expanded, though? I thought you were dead keen on getting prequels, sequels, comics, cartoon series etc? What happened? haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:45 am

@owenpratt wrote:
@Spiegel wrote:

The human clone thing was necessary for the ethical dilemma of the movie. Movies are not based only on the plot and successions of events, but also (or especially) on the subtext and messages. The human clone thing shows us that the power of genetics has really exploded (like Malcolm said at the beginning, "It won't end with dinosaurs de-extinction") and that there are no ethical limits anymore. The previous JP movies were all like "What if they use the genetic power?" and FK is "Genetic power has been unleashed already. How will we use it?".
The question whether dinosaurs should live or die (the key of the entire movie) finds a really brilliant twist when you realize that also a human kid is like them, so even if you at first were like "They should die because they weren't born naturally", then you'll might realize how actually hard is that decision when the creature to decide the fate of is a young innocent girl. That's POWERFUL stuff here, I'm just surprised at how overlooked and underrated this aspect of the movie is. It's also a very actual topic, since they recently experimented clonation of chimpanzees.
For the plot it's necessary as well, since it's Maisie who presses the button and let many dinosaurs free on the mainland, BECAUSE of her nature.
So how does this aspect have no relevance on the film?

The volcano as well brings the debate alive, the ethical main theme of the movie. I agree that the Nublar part felt rushed, but the volcano idea itself is pretty good. It's also visually something new and VERY reminiscent of the dinosaurs extinction from 65 million years ago. It's like Nature decided to remove dinosaurs once again since they were actually meant to be extinct. But of course humans change again the course of Nature.

In the previous films the dinosaurs were sold mainly as attractions. This time they wanted to use them for war, medical treatments, hunting, etc. Concepts mentioned in the The Lost World novel by Dodgson but never fully explored in the movies until FK.

The T-Rex in San Diego was important because it let people of the world know about Jurassic Park. But that's not the same as in Fallen Kingdom, where dinosaurs will co-exist with humans and a new era for the world will actually begin. It's a little bit different. Also, you said that we won't know how it will end since a bunch of dinosaurs might not have any effect on the mainland, but I think it's clear that this is the direction the trilogy is going to. I mean, even if it's not 100% realistic, it will happen. In-universe, it will be irreversible. I really doubt JW3 won't be about dinosaurs being all over the world. I mean, it would make the ending of FK pointless.

I hope your fanboy feelings will get restored lol there's so much to love and admire about these new entries, at least from my point of view, that I'd want everyone (especially JP fanboys) to see what I see.

That's really well-said. You put into words what I never could haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 am

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

@Spiegel wrote:

??????

Don't you really want this franchise expanded, though? I thought you were dead keen on getting prequels, sequels, comics, cartoon series etc? What happened? haha

I do want this franchise expanded. But I want it in a way that doesn't feel...manufactured or in a way that makes people think that's it's more of the same. A better mix of old and new.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

@Spiegel wrote:

??????

I do want this franchise expanded. But I want it in a way that doesn't feel...manufactured or in a way that makes people think that's it's more of the same. A better mix of old and new.

All stories are manufactured, though. Everything has cause and effect. The ending had to happen to lead onto JW3 just like Isla Sorna was invented in order to make a sequel. Or the storm in JP1 had to happen to isolate the park etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: