Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 pm

So, with one movie in the Jurassic World trilogy left, I've been wondering this. Especially with the ending montage from Fallen Kingdom showing that
spoiler:

With that said:

1. How likely do you think it is that Spinosaurus will return for the third movie?

2. Regardless of that, do you want to see it in the next movie (even if it would only be returning to fight Rexy)?

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 pm

1. My guess is 50/50. With no hybrids in the next one, we could see the animal return (not the exact same one) as the antagonist. Or it could fight (alongside Rexy) against a more dangerous threat (Giganotosaurus???). 

2. Can’t really say yes or no tbh. If it returns, then so be it. If it doesn’t, so be it. Admittedly, I’ve wanted revenge since I was 8. But for a few years now, I know that it’s not the animal’s fault. Horner and Johnston are responsible for Spino’s reputation across the fanbase. IF it returns, Trevorrow will be the one who decides its fate. As for what it is, who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 pm

I doubt it returns, simply because of the baggage that it's perceived to bring with it.

That being said, I'd love to see a more scientifically accurate version of the animal in JW3.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:07 am

A more scientifically accurate version? Maybe. The one from JP3? The claimed canon sites say it is dead, and I doubt they bring it back.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 am

At this point I don't know.... Sometimes it feels like Universal is doing everything they can to avoid it (Minor nod in JW, the DPG website saying they went extinct, it being replaced by Baryonyx and Carno in JWFK) while other time it feels like Universal isn't that afraid to show it (Toylines, Operation Genesis, JW Arcade game, JW Skeleton, Evolution game).

It's just too many mixed signals at this point. But If it is the 2014 Spino that's returning then it won't be much of a return at all. It's the JP3esque version the one that everyone remembers just like with the raptors, it is the inaccurate version the ones thar everybody remembers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:06 am

1) I think there might be a little chance to have the Spinosaurs, but in a little role, I guess. Like, just a little cameo that will make JP3 Spino fans happy, but also don't ruin the movie experience for those who hates it.

2) I really want the Spinosaurus to come back, the JP3 one. But I don't want any Spino vs T-Rex fight revenge or similar. I think we already had that with the T-Rex breaking the Spino's skeleton in JW.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm

I'd mark out if we got a Spino return at some point.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 pm

We also have to consider what kind of return we are talking about.

If the Spino returns as the main star of the movie (like JP3) then that is going to for sure piss off many casual and hardcore fans.

But if it returns to only have like one or two scenes then I don't see that being that much of a risk.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:59 am

If we were to return to an islands, I think it would be fine to see Spinosaurus again in a small role, sort of like the Baryonyx and Allosaurus in FK, present but not necessarily a rival to another species. I think that'd be a fun enough way to reintegrate it into canon and surprise audiences. We don't need any new knocks against JP3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Since we know now from the concept art that Colin actually took the rematch suggestion seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally do it in the next movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 pm

We know that with the concept art they might have had the Spino in mind but on the other hand, from recent interviews we see that Colin is more of a Jurassic Park fan and not really a fan of The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3. And when you take into account that the rest of the writers and directors also share this "TLW and JP3 are not that important to us" then the chances of a Spino are reduced.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 pm

If it is to bring Spinosaurus only to kill it off, then I rather not see it anymore in the franchise.

I hope we see Giganotosaurus instead. The mainstream people need to know more theropods and see that there are way more interesting and cooler theropods than T.rex.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Judging from the fact that the Spino was in the early concept art, I would put the odds of it returning slightly higher than before. Still, that being said, I doubt it returns. It's probably a ship that's already sailed, and if it would return in it's previous JP3 form it would be pretty redundant to give it a significant role with the Rex still around and likely to be a very significant part of the final film, considering it is the final film and all. And besides, considering that this could be the last JP film, I doubt the filmakers would want to risk opening old wounds.

Also, the Spinosaurus wasn't on the DNA container that was shown, so I think we already have a pretty good idea of what we're getting dinosaur-wise in JW3 by looking at the names on the container, as well as the dinosaurs that were shown to have escaped and the ones that were sold off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:38 pm

I'd like to see a 'modern' Spino population, or at least a few pair in the Everglades or the Louisiana Bayous hunting and eating alligators and whatever animal they hunt. Other then Alaska-which the dinosaurs aren't adapted for the cold up there- it's one of the few places in the USA where dinosaurs can hide for a while. Besides, having a modern Spinosaurus would be a welcome addition and having a few in those mentioned areas would be a nice commentary about how invasive species-those pythons come to mind-made the Everglades and the Bayous their new home.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:44 am

I think it is safe to say that most in both the general audience and the general public would not mind a return of the Spinosaurus and the Spinosaurus species just as long as it does not overshadow or tries to replace a T Rex because that is what made it so infamous in the first place. And from what I have seen, make no mistake about it it is still infamous to many but at the same time others would not like for it to just never be mentioned again in the movies.

So most would want it back. It is on the subject of what kind of return that some disagree. But keep in mind one thing that is often forgotten in the debate of the return of the Spino, there can be more than one Spino. I say that because some worry that if a Spino returns it is for sure getting killed due to how infamous it is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?   

Back to top Go down

How likely it is that Spinosaurus will be in Jurassic World 3?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World 3 News and Speculation-
Jump to: