Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4350
Points : 5399
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:25 pm

I have a simple question.

How in the world are Colin/Uni going to explain how the U.S. Military DIDN'T wipe out Rexy, the Carno, and every other dinosaur, or at least those that are medium sized to large (Rexy) that escaped in the wild at the end of this movie?!

Let's face it, between Papa Rex going on a rampage in San Diego, the U.S. government knowing about Ingen's attempts to take out I. rex (they would have HAD to known that via subpoenas, investigators, and whatever else from the Justice Department), the U.S. military would wipe out everything that's not a Compy within a week or two of finding out what happened.

Here's what the military would use.

AH-1Z Super Cobra attack helicopter (U.S. Marine Corps)

1 X 20mm triple barreled Gatling cannon (cannon is used now to describe a large caliber automatic weapon that fired exploding rounds, although they can fire 'normal' solid rounds)

2 X 70mm multi rocket launcher pods (from here on called rocket pods)

8 TOW or Hellfire anti-tank missiles


AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopter (U.S. Army)

1 x 30mm single barreled autocannon

2 x 70mm rocket pods

8 Hellfire missiles


UH-1N Huey gunship


2 x 70mm rocket pods


1 or 2 x .50 heavy machine guns


1 or 2 x 7.62mm minguns


AC-130 Specter Gunship (U.S. Airforce) Basically a C-130 Hercules cargo plane ( 4 engined turboprop plane) modified into a gunship[u]

2 x 20mm gatling cannons (Although I heard this was replaced by a single 25mm gatling cannon with previsions to carry more ammo.)

1 x 40mm Bofors autocannon

1 x 105 mm howitzer







And for giggles and laughs...

[u]A-10 Warthog (U.S. Airforce) Anti-tank/ground attack jet


1 x 30mm 7-barreled Gatling cannon (This is the main weapon of the plane and can cut tanks in half with a 3 second burst. The weapon alone is what the plane was built around.)

At least 14,000 pounds of air-to-ground ordenance. Mainly 6 to 8 Maverick anti-tank missiles.






And that's not even counting M1A3 Abrams tanks (1 x 120mm gun and 2 x .50 heavy machine guns), M2 Bradley IFV's (1 x 25mm autocannon, 2 machine guns, and 2 TOW missiles), old M113 APC's (which are still in service the last time I checked) with 40mm automatic grenade launchers, TOW armed Humvees, 105mm gunned Styker support vehicles, and the common foot soldiers wielding anti-tank rocket launchers (AT-4s, SMAW's) Javelin anti-tank missile launchers, and .50 heavy anti-material sniper rifle.


I just see that the Compy's get wiped out by commandos and the rest of the dinosaurs would get wiped out by what I just mentioned.

And before you say "It's a movie, you're supposed to leave logic and common sense at the door." DON'T!

This franchise is more grounded in reality and intelligence then most. This isn't Godzilla where they are simply outmatched by ancient titans that are largely unaffected by conventional weapons. ( Godzilla himself no-sold direct hits from an atomic bomb-Godzilla 2014- and metor-Final Wars-without a scratch.) Nor would they be fighting normal sized dinosaurs with special powers like how the Ingen secerity team fought the I. rex in JW.


And I honestly do NOT think that Universal would even think portraying the American military as a bunch of imbiscles that are unable to do all this. Not in this politically charged climate. And even if they did, can we really beleive that? Even worse, from a sheer PR standpoint, does this fanbase as a collective whole even want to endorse a position? I sure wouldn't. It wouldn't be worth the negetive press we would get. In other words, the moment the fan base accepts such a position for the sake of it being canon, we can kiss any large amount of new members and any hope of good PR farewell.


Sorry, but this is a HUGE plot hole. I'm not against a mainland polt, but it should have been on Brazil, Colombia, or some other South American country that doesn't have a military powerful enough to do all this.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 386
Points : 1269
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Because even though they could, that doesn't mean they would. I'm pretty sure the military isn't legally allowed to just open fire on any creature deemed a threat to the populace. The government didn't support saving the dinosaurs, but there's a difference between letting them die and actively killing them. Legally speaking, this would probably be a bureaucratic mess that'll take ages to solve. Until then, the military won't be able to do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4350
Points : 5399
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 pm

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Because even though they could, that doesn't mean they would. I'm pretty sure the military isn't legally allowed to just open fire on any creature deemed a threat to the populace. The government didn't support saving the dinosaurs, but there's a difference between letting them die and actively killing them. Legally speaking, this would probably be a bureaucratic mess that'll take ages to solve. Until then, the military won't be able to do anything.


They would via orders from the governor of whatever state or an executive order from the president himself. And those orders would be perfectly legal. Also, given how TLW is still canon, then the events of San Diego back in 1997 would still be remembered. Keep something else in mind, these are dinosaurs, NOT normal modern day animals. There was a reason why the U.S. military was guarding Sorna and the other islands.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1658
Points : 2611
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:52 pm

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Because even though they could, that doesn't mean they would. I'm pretty sure the military isn't legally allowed to just open fire on any creature deemed a threat to the populace. The government didn't support saving the dinosaurs, but there's a difference between letting them die and actively killing them. Legally speaking, this would probably be a bureaucratic mess that'll take ages to solve. Until then, the military won't be able to do anything.

Dude if dinosaurs are walking around that is 100000% a danger to the public. Especially Rexy near a zoo. The police and military are getting involved immediately in any real world scenario.

If a lion or tiger escapes in the woods in Northern California I’m pretty sure they don’t just leave it there. The dinos are illegal animals as far as we know and much more dangerous.

And with the mosa looking like it already killed one person there is no way I can not see the government getting involved. That’s just my take and I hope thy explain this well.

Because I don’t want to see animals full of bullet holes at the start of JW3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4350
Points : 5399
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Because even though they could, that doesn't mean they would. I'm pretty sure the military isn't legally allowed to just open fire on any creature deemed a threat to the populace. The government didn't support saving the dinosaurs, but there's a difference between letting them die and actively killing them. Legally speaking, this would probably be a bureaucratic mess that'll take ages to solve. Until then, the military won't be able to do anything.

Dude if dinosaurs are walking around that is 100000% a danger to the public. Especially Rexy near a zoo. The police and military are getting involved immediately in any real world scenario.

If a lion or tiger escapes in the woods in Northern California I’m pretty sure they don’t just leave it there. The dinos are illegal animals as far as we know and much more dangerous.

And with the mosa looking like it already killed one person there is no way I can not see the government getting involved. That’s just my take and I hope thy explain this well.

Because I don’t want to see animals full of bullet holes at the start of JW3.




The Mosasaurus I see getting torpedoed by a submarine or more brutally, but probably more likely and naturally, ripped apart by a pack of Orcas. If orcas can take out whales that are the size of the Mosasaurus, not to mentioned one that are larger (A single Orca can take out a Great White Shark with ease.), then I can see Mosa becoming dinner for hungry Orca pod.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 386
Points : 1269
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:


They would via orders from the governor of whatever state or an executive order from the president himself. And those orders would be perfectly legal. Also, given how TLW is still canon, then the events of San Diego back in 1997 would still be remembered. Keep something else in mind, these are dinosaurs, NOT normal modern day animals. There was a reason why the U.S. military was guarding Sorna and the other islands.

Would it be legal? I'm curious to know, since I'm not American and under the impression that something like this wouldn't be legal. The events of San Diego would be remembered, but people won't necessarily be for the killing of all dinosaurs spotted on the mainland because of it. The military was guarding The Five Deaths to make sure no outside interference would cause the dinosaurs to spread to the mainland, not to kill the dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4350
Points : 5399
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 pm

@V.a.nublarensis wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:


They would via orders from the governor of whatever state or an executive order from the president himself. And those orders would be perfectly legal. Also, given how TLW is still canon, then the events of San Diego back in 1997 would still be remembered. Keep something else in mind, these are dinosaurs, NOT normal modern day animals. There was a reason why the U.S. military was guarding Sorna and the other islands.

Would it be legal? I'm curious to know, since I'm not American and under the impression that something like this wouldn't be legal. The events of San Diego would be remembered, but people won't necessarily be for the killing of all dinosaurs spotted on the mainland because of it. The military was guarding The Five Deaths to make sure no outside interference would cause the dinosaurs to spread to the mainland, not to kill the dinosaurs.



Yes. And better think that the military was also protecting the American people in case something like San Diego happened again.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 791
Points : 1772
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 pm

They would be sedated probably, not killed.
Also, they might hide somewhere (the little ones, including Blue), and some might have enough time to start reproducing in a haste.

The Mosasaurus would be hard to find, being underwater.

The T-Rex and the big carnivores and herbivores would be the easiest to find, but still I think they would not kill them unless it turns out to be extremely necessary (like if they catch the T-Rex eating people in a town).
They would tranquilize them due to the controversy about these animals deserving to live or not.

And then who knows what could happen to them in 3 years.

I wouldn't call it "massive flaw" since we haven't even seen how this all will continue in JW3. Maybe we find out in 2021 that Rexy has been actually killed.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1190
Points : 2705
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Wait, you actually did see the film?

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 pm

In the real world, the States Guard can be armed for lesser threats such as riots and even disasters in which people are stepping out of line. During Hurricane Katrina's aftermath, guardsmen were armed with live ammunition due to certain portions of the populace were actually shooting at responders and other people. During the 2014 floods in Pennsylvania and New York, PA guardsmen were armed with live ammunition due to the amount or looting and violent crime.

Also, you can see where smaller, less threatening animals are put down when they escape into population centers. I'm talking about real world scenarios where elephants have escaped from traveling circuses for example. Also, if a wild creature is believed to have killed a person they are generally euthanized and not given a second chance.

So I doubt they would allow these creatures to live.

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 791
Points : 1772
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 pm

So I guess this is another question we should ask to Colin? Maybe the man has the answer. Or maybe he will just tell us to wait until 2021.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 330
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2018-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm still kinda iffy about the ending, especially because of the military involvement and the fact that the dinosaurs can be sedated easily, but we'll se how it play out. I still think they should have chosen costa rica or south america, not only it would tie nicely into the novel but the dinosaurs can present a major threat there. However, I will say that small dinosaurs (the compies, blue, gallimimus) pteranodons and medium sized carnivores (carno/allo/bary) can be problematic- they are not as large as most of the big herbivores and rexy, can hide with relative ease and pose a much closer level threat to humans. And the ptera's are capable of inter-continental migration, so there's that.
(Let's not forget all of the dinosaurs who got sold/the embryos that were taken/the ability to clone dinosaurs becoming open source).
Also, even though it will make sense, part of me hopes that they won't kill rexy off-screen like that lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 791
Points : 1772
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 pm

I think the only dinosaurs that would realistically be killed off would be Rexy and the big carnivores/herbivores that escaped from the mansion.

The little ones would survive more likely, also the Pteranodons (although the ones in Las Vegas would be easily killed off), the Mosa since she's underwater, and of course the dinosaurs that were bought at the auction and brought somewhere else in the World.

I think the ending is quite realistic, if we don't consider Rexy and the bigger dinosaurs.

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 330
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2018-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:42 pm

^Yeah, I agree with that. I just hope that if they were to kill rexy, they won't do it in a cheap way. Something like the Brach scene in FK would be nice, although sad.
Anyway, I think that from all of the dinosaurs that are loose, the biggest threat comes from the compies- I think there is a reason we were given information about how they got to nublar. Because they can enter ships, they will quickly spread around the world, there's plenty of them and they can breed (they are from sorna after all), and I highly doubt the military will waste resources on what is basically the archosaurian version of rats lol. I think those factors will make them quite the pests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Here's gun camera footage from AC130 taking out some Taliban fighters in a wooded area. I guess you could call it graphic so dont want it if you cant handle it but, do you really think dinosaurs are going to survive this?



Another AC130 Gunship vs a group of Syrian vehicles that obviously has no idea its even there



Unless they make our military bumbling fools, they should probably have little to no problem with anything other than compies.

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
avatar

Posts : 791
Points : 1772
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:49 pm

What if some of the dinosaurs start bringing disease and viruses? Would be one of the plot elements that fans speculated about for many years.

It's not actually a plot device that makes me crazy, but maybe it could work now. But at the same time I would not want it to reach Planet of the Apes levels.
I don't want JW3 to end in an apocalyptic way. I'd rather a "happy ending" finale with humans and dinosaurs finding a way to co-exist together.
One alternative would be that humans actually kill all the dinos at the end of JW3, but in a last cliffhanger scene you see a dino egg hatchling somewhere lol
Okay, I'm glad I'm not in charge of JW3 ahah

_______________
Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You can't put a price on that Velociraptor

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 351
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Just gonna repost what I wrote in another thread as I think it applies here too:

I think people are misunderstanding the ending slightly. The ending is not bad because of those specific dinosaurs that escape from Lockwood manor. It's bad because creating dinosaurs is now essentially an open source technology and any company will be able to create them. I fully expect a time jump in JW3 and Colin has even confirmed that dinosaurs will be worldwide in JW3 (because the tech is open-source due to many people buying DNA, embryos and dinosaurs from the auction.) The dinos that escape at the end of FK are symbolic of the technology becoming open source. Also, I fully expect some of those species to survive capture (if they can breed like the Sorna dinos) like the compies and pterosaurs. Most of them like Rexy will probably be captured in the gap between movies (I doubt they would kill rexy off screen).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 351
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:23 pm

@Dv-218 wrote:
^Yeah, I agree with that. I just hope that if they were to kill rexy, they won't do it in a cheap way. Something like the Brach scene in FK would be nice, although sad.
Anyway, I think that from all of the dinosaurs that are loose, the biggest threat comes from the compies- I think there is a reason we were given information about how they got to nublar. Because they can enter ships, they will quickly spread around the world, there's plenty of them and they can breed (they are from sorna after all), and I highly doubt the military will waste resources on what is basically the archosaurian version of rats lol. I think those factors will make them quite the pests.

Wait, the compies are from Sorna? That's pretty cool. Was that in a DPG article or something?

So that means that they can definitely breed (I think Colin also confirmed that the Nublar dinos can breed when asked about the baby triceratops?).

So yeah, the military will have no chance of stopping compies from spreading once they start breeding on the mainland. It would be like trying to wipe out rats.

The same with pterosaurs, if they can breed too. They'd spread all over the world pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterDino
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 2
Points : 121
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Maybe Maisie as a living human cloned could be uses as a plot device. Also the herbivores represent a threat to the ecosystems. You can see an example of this when the wols was re-introduce to the Yellowstone Park.


@Spiegel wrote:

Another AC130 Gunship vs a group of Syrian vehicles that obviously has no idea its even there



Unless they make our military bumbling fools, they should probably have little to no problem with anything other than compies.

That video look very similar to a COD game lol! lol!
God, something is wrong with me, if the first video is real and I have no problem standing at it but I have problem with the Brachio scene
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 330
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2018-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:13 pm

To Dilo:
Yeah, there was an article on the site that showed a report from the 1994 cleanup operation on nublar, which said that the compies were never meant to be on the island and got there by sneaking into ships which sailed from sorna. Considering dinosaurs from sorna were also shipped to nublar during the construction of Jurassic World, this means that even more compies got onto those ships, which makes for a big fricking number of compies lol Very Happy
Not sure about the pterosaurs tho. I will say they probably will be easier to locate, but if they can breed...damn.
As for the other point, I don't think rexy will be killed off screen either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 pm

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just gonna repost what I wrote in another thread as I think it applies here too:

I think people are misunderstanding the ending slightly. The ending is not bad because of those specific dinosaurs that escape from Lockwood manor. It's bad because creating dinosaurs is now essentially an open source technology and any company will be able to create them. I fully expect a time jump in JW3 and Colin has even confirmed that dinosaurs will be worldwide in JW3 (because the tech is open-source due to many people buying DNA, embryos and dinosaurs from the auction.) The dinos that escape at the end of FK are symbolic of the technology becoming open source. Also, I fully expect some of those species to survive capture (if they can breed like the Sorna dinos) like the compies and pterosaurs. Most of them like Rexy will probably be captured in the gap between movies (I doubt they would kill rexy off screen).

Some of you guys are just making the best points, like this, open source thing. Great observation. However, it makes me hate JWFK a little more. Why you might ask? Because they obviously didn't drive that point hard enough for us to consider it the true threat. They also didnt explain the idea of why owning one single species of dinosaur would open up the world to being able to create more. They could have easily thrown in a line about genetics companies growing to a point to which they could be cloning as well and that the buyers at the auction were comprised of genetic and pharmaceutical companies or even government entities. However, they didnt. All we can do is speculate, very radical speculations at that, as to what their overall goal with the franchise is. To a degree that's fine but they only have 1 more 2 hour movie to really cement those ideas. With all the Mark's they keep missing, I dont have much faith in Trevvow writing a true closing to the franchise.

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
@Dv-218 wrote:
^Yeah, I agree with that. I just hope that if they were to kill rexy, they won't do it in a cheap way. Something like the Brach scene in FK would be nice, although sad.
Anyway, I think that from all of the dinosaurs that are loose, the biggest threat comes from the compies- I think there is a reason we were given information about how they got to nublar. Because they can enter ships, they will quickly spread around the world, there's plenty of them and they can breed (they are from sorna after all), and I highly doubt the military will waste resources on what is basically the archosaurian version of rats lol. I think those factors will make them quite the pests.

Wait, the compies are from Sorna? That's pretty cool. Was that in a DPG article or something?

So that means that they can definitely breed (I think Colin also confirmed that the Nublar dinos can breed when asked about the baby triceratops?).

So yeah, the military will have no chance of stopping compies from spreading once they start breeding on the mainland. It would be like trying to wipe out rats.

The same with pterosaurs, if they can breed too. They'd spread all over the world pretty quickly.

I'm not sure about the Pterosaurs being that huge of a threat considering they wrote off the original JP3 escapes so easy. Now compies, I can see as a menace like pythons in the ever glades

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1658
Points : 2611
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:32 pm

@Spiegel wrote:
@Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just gonna repost what I wrote in another thread as I think it applies here too:

I think people are misunderstanding the ending slightly. The ending is not bad because of those specific dinosaurs that escape from Lockwood manor. It's bad because creating dinosaurs is now essentially an open source technology and any company will be able to create them. I fully expect a time jump in JW3 and Colin has even confirmed that dinosaurs will be worldwide in JW3 (because the tech is open-source due to many people buying DNA, embryos and dinosaurs from the auction.) The dinos that escape at the end of FK are symbolic of the technology becoming open source. Also, I fully expect some of those species to survive capture (if they can breed like the Sorna dinos) like the compies and pterosaurs. Most of them like Rexy will probably be captured in the gap between movies (I doubt they would kill rexy off screen).

Some of you guys are just making the best points, like this, open source thing. Great observation. However, it makes me hate JWFK a little more. Why you might ask? Because they obviously didn't drive that point hard enough for us to consider it the true threat. They also didnt explain the idea of why owning one single species of dinosaur would open up the world to being able to create more. They could have easily thrown in a line about genetics companies growing to a point to which they could be cloning as well and that the buyers at the auction were comprised of genetic and pharmaceutical companies or even government entities. However, they didnt. All we can do is speculate, very radical speculations at that, as to what their overall goal with the franchise is. To a degree that's fine but they only have 1 more 2 hour movie to really cement those ideas. With all the Mark's they keep missing, I dont have much faith in Trevvow writing a true closing to the franchise.

@Dilophosaurus wrote:
@Dv-218 wrote:
^Yeah, I agree with that. I just hope that if they were to kill rexy, they won't do it in a cheap way. Something like the Brach scene in FK would be nice, although sad.
Anyway, I think that from all of the dinosaurs that are loose, the biggest threat comes from the compies- I think there is a reason we were given information about how they got to nublar. Because they can enter ships, they will quickly spread around the world, there's plenty of them and they can breed (they are from sorna after all), and I highly doubt the military will waste resources on what is basically the archosaurian version of rats lol. I think those factors will make them quite the pests.

Wait, the compies are from Sorna? That's pretty cool. Was that in a DPG article or something?

So that means that they can definitely breed (I think Colin also confirmed that the Nublar dinos can breed when asked about the baby triceratops?).

So yeah, the military will have no chance of stopping compies from spreading once they start breeding on the mainland. It would be like trying to wipe out rats.

The same with pterosaurs, if they can breed too. They'd spread all over the world pretty quickly.

I'm not sure about the Pterosaurs being that huge of a threat considering they wrote off the original JP3 escapes so easy. Now compies, I can see as a menace like pythons in the ever glades

I’m starting to think JW3 won’t be the last movie and they go on and admit they need to make it two parts or something. Think Harry Potter Lol.

I think they need to for this to work. And money is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I think the only issue is licensing. I've read that they only have rights for one more movie.

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 998
Points : 2954
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm

I think they threw out a line in the film for this purpose, no matter how outlandish explaining this is. I don’t know the exact quote, but when initially talking to Claire, Mills mentions moving endangered species isn’t necessarily legal but the right thing to do. Now, the government did not want to move from what was basically a private venture. However if they are classifying them as endangered and they are on US soil, they may have to go through a lot of red tape to gun down an endangered animal unless it’s a serious public threat (see: San Diego, but the animals were unknown then.). So I think Recy at the least will be rounded up and taken somewhere. We may never see the Carno again, or some of the others because of how JP is anyway, but I doubt they gun down Rexy onscreen or have her killed by the government off screen.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4350
Points : 5399
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
I think they threw out a line in the film for this purpose, no matter how outlandish explaining this is. I don’t know the exact quote, but when initially talking to Claire, Mills mentions moving endangered species isn’t necessarily legal but the right thing to do. Now, the government did not want to move from what was basically a private venture. However if they are classifying them as endangered and they are on US soil, they may have to go through a lot of red tape to gun down an endangered animal unless it’s a serious public threat (see: San Diego, but the animals were unknown then.). So I think Recy at the least will be rounded up and taken somewhere. We may never see the Carno again, or some of the others because of how JP is anyway, but I doubt they gun down Rexy onscreen or have her killed by the government off screen.

But how many endangered species on U.S. soil are able to kill a man with ease? And how many of those are able to eat said man with just as much ease? And how many are able to badly damage, if not destroy a house?

Sorry, but after what happened in San Diego, these dinosaurs might be the exception to the rule.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1190
Points : 2705
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 pm

This is assuming that the dinosaurs do end up going nuts like the buck in TLW. The animals could end up developing a natural fear of humans and sticking to the outskirts of cities/rural areas/forests/etc...

Or perhaps they're rounded up immediately between films and that's the end of it, with the focus of JW3 being mainly on the open sourcing of the tech.

_______________
Dinosaurs still rule the earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:42 am

So, I just had this pointed out to me. I find its relevant to the idea of militarized dinosaurs and how easy it would be to kill them.

Blue was nearly killed by a single 9mm round. . . .

Ok it may not have been 9mm, it could be a number of handguns but that really limits the amount of damage they are capable of taking.

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
1morey
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 190
Points : 1134
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 am

@Spiegel wrote:
They also didnt explain the idea of why owning one single species of dinosaur would open up the world to being able to create more. They could have easily thrown in a line about genetics companies growing to a point to which they could be cloning as well and that the buyers at the auction were comprised of genetic and pharmaceutical companies or even government entities. However, they didnt.

When Eversoll is talking to Mills when the bidders arrive, he mentions three specific people (that I could remember):

* Ricky Rathrow of Darius Pharmaceuticals.
* Anton Orlov (referred to as man in beard) who is a proxy for Gregor Aldorich, a Slovenian arms dealer.
* A man who wants to buy a baby Triceratops for his daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 444
Points : 2923
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 am

@1morey wrote:
@Spiegel wrote:
They also didnt explain the idea of why owning one single species of dinosaur would open up the world to being able to create more. They could have easily thrown in a line about genetics companies growing to a point to which they could be cloning as well and that the buyers at the auction were comprised of genetic and pharmaceutical companies or even government entities. However, they didnt.

When Eversoll is talking to Mills when the bidders arrive, he mentions three specific people (that I could remember):

* Ricky Rathrow of Darius Pharmaceuticals.
* Anton Orlov (referred to as man in beard) who is a proxy for Gregor Aldorich, a Slovenian arms dealer.
* A man who wants to buy a baby Triceratops for his daughter.

Oh I didnt remember the Pharmaceuticals representative. Thanks!

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 203
Points : 351
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-06-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:03 am

@Spiegel wrote:


I'm not sure about the Pterosaurs being that huge of a threat considering they wrote off the original JP3 escapes so easy.

It could go either way. They could easily be taken out by the military pretty quickly (like the JP3 pterosaurs) if the circumstances are right. They could also pretty easily evade capture and breed since they can essentially go wherever they like. And once they reach a large enough population they would be extremely hard to kill off completely. This is what I see happening with the pterosaurs in the gap between FK in JW3.[/quote]


Last edited by Dilophosaurus on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   

Back to top Go down
 
Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: