Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm

A lot of the backlash seems to stem from the fact that people don't really see what this movie added to the franchise. I was thinking the same thing myself after seeing it. I enjoyed it, but then I was like "did they spend an entire Jurassic Park movie just to take us from point A (JW) to point B (JW3)", cause that's what it felt like. The only real action was the volcanic eruption (which was just a means to an end) and the stuff at the mansion, but what did that add to the franchise? Maybe JW3 will answer that question for me but right now I don't see it. This is why I've come to dislike these pre-designed Hollywood trilogies, where the second movie is just designed to take you from movie A to movie C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:35 pm

I've heard the same sentiment made about Empire Strikes Back and Two Towers. IMO, they're all well told self-contained stories and just happen to be middle installments of their respective trilogies.

But it's somewhat inevitable that a second act in a story will have to do its share of lifting between the first and third acts.

FK seemed to me to be far less of a place-holder movie than JP3, or even to a lesser extent JW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:58 pm

I thought this was interesting and really helps elaborate on why JP was so good. Which, to me, iswhy JW:FK is lacking. No matter your opinion it's a good watch and we can all agree JP is simply the best.

Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:20 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
I've heard the same sentiment made about Empire Strikes Back and Two Towers. IMO, they're all well told self-contained stories and just happen to be middle installments of their respective trilogies.

But it's somewhat inevitable that a second act in a story will have to do its share of lifting between the first and third acts.

FK seemed to me to be far less of a place-holder movie than JP3, or even to a lesser extent JW.

Maybe, but when you read this: ""It’s not a cliffhanger, but it’s designed for people to want to know what’s going to happen next, whereas the earlier Jurassic Park movies had pretty clear definitive endings," explained the filmmaker" months before you go to see the movie, like I did, you know you're going for part 2 out of 3 and don't expect it to be self-contained, but I guess it worked on it own, apart from the fact that you know that there's something bigger and better coming next time, and that stops you from being like "Wow, this is the sequel I've been waiting for".

Fun fact: I've not seen neither Empire Strikes back nor Two Towers or anything else from those franchises. Just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Anyway, I do think that Colin Trevorrow has a vision for how he wants this thing to play out, and we will only know after seeing the next movie. It might be the greatest thing ever, maybe we'll connect all the dots and that will be awesome. I'm open to the possibility and appreciate what he's trying to do, and I'm grateful for the two movies they've given us so far. Don't get me wrong, I liked them both, but it's only fair to point out things you don't personally like that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Even if Trevorrow somehow manages to surprise everyone and his third/final Jurassic movie does manage to be that lightning in a bottle experience of dinosaurs and mankind sharing the same Earth, I don't think it will retroactively make the criticism towards Fallen Kingdom's seeming existence as a "bridge movie" disappear. Certain things may be given new context, but the critiques and problems many people had with it as a film on its own grounds will probably remain. There are certainly comments on what the film is about from Bayona that I can get behind, though they're not always firmly rooted in the film itself.

And while I do think Trevorrow is a well-meaning guy overall, he has a major Achilles' Heel when it comes to writing, and when you're a following behind such powerful visual directors as J.A. Bayona and of course Steven Spielberg, its easy to come up lacking in comparison. His stock as a creative type in Hollywood has fallen a lot since 'Safety Not Guaranteed' with seemingly no upturn in sight.

One comment with regards to The Last Jedi that at least delineates the Jurassic World trilogy from the Sequel Trilogy is that the negative reception among fans hasn't been further fueled by the people who work on the film directly insulting their fans/audience or trying to pander to an SJW crowd. Not to put too fine a point on it, but you needn't look further than what happened to 'Solo' as proof of that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JannToshj
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:28 pm

I don’t see how FK is TLj of the JP franchise. Star Wars fans tend to hate TLJ, while JP fans seems mostly pleased with FK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:54 pm

@Robotpo wrote:

That just does not hold up. JP3 hardly sets anything up beside the pteranodons escpaping (despite the movie being very weak I due think it's a pity it was never followed up in the World films). But other than that the story of JP3 is finished, the Kirbys are reunited and that's that.
With FK there are so many lose ends and the plot is so convoluted and just screams the dinosaurs have to get to the mainland by any means possible and oh well you're gonna get the actual movie that I always wanted to make (from Colin's perspective) with the next chapter. It becomes more and more obvious to me that Colin actually hardly cared about this entry and whether or not it had a good script that requires you to just shut your brain off, he just wanted the mainlaind plot for the JW3 no matter how.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:54 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Not to put too fine a point on it,

You know you're a JP fan when your brain automatically reads that line in Hammond's voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Here is a video i found some months ago that made me see JP in a different way, sorry if it's off topic, but I think it's worth to see it.

And this is from the same guy about Claire in JW

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:17 pm

@Bionic wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

That just does not hold up. JP3 hardly sets anything up beside the pteranodons escpaping (despite the movie being very weak I due think it's a pity it was never followed up in the World films). But other than that the story of JP3 is finished, the Kirbys are reunited and that's that.
With FK there are so many lose ends and the plot is so convoluted and just screams the dinosaurs have to get to the mainland by any means possible and oh well you're gonna get the actual movie that I always wanted to make (from Colin's perspective) with the next chapter. It becomes more and more obvious to me that Colin actually hardly cared about this entry and whether or not it had a good script that requires you to just shut your brain off, he just wanted the mainlaind plot for the JW3 no matter how.

You misunderstand me. JP3 seems to exist solely because Universal had the rights to the franchise and a spot on their release schedule - meaning they made it too keep the franchise in theaters, as opposed to having a story to tell that expanded the franchise or the universe in any way.

JW gets the franchise going again and back in theaters, but aside from the trained raptors, didn't add much to the mythos that we didn't already have.

FK introduces:

-The destruction of Isla Nublar
-The Lockwood Estate/Ben Lockwood (Hammond's original partner)
-Dinos being sold on the black market
-Dinos escaped on the mainland

In these ways, it expands on the lore and mythos of the franchise in ways that JP3 and JW didn't...meaning, less of a "placeholder" in that it continues the story as opposed to just keeping the franchise afloat.

Regarding FK telling an incomplete or sub-standard story - not agreed. FK is the story of Ben Lockwood's failed attempt to save the last dinosaurs, and Mills turning this into a dinosaur black market. At the end of the story, Lockwood and Mills are dead, the DNA used to create Mills' hybrid is destroyed, and Lockwood's granddaughter has new "parents" in Owen and Claire, who are reunited as a family. Just because FK sets up the next installment doesn't mean it's not a complete story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Quote :
You misunderstand me. JP3 seems to exist solely because Universal had the rights to the franchise and a spot on their release schedule - meaning they made it too keep the franchise in theaters, as opposed to having a story to tell that expanded the franchise or the universe in any way.

JW gets the franchise going again and back in theaters, but aside from the trained raptors, didn't add much to the mythos that we didn't already have.

FK introduces:

In these ways, it expands on the lore and mythos of the franchise in ways that JP3 and JW didn't...meaning, less of a "placeholder" in that it continues the story as opposed to just keeping the franchise afloat.

Regarding FK telling an incomplete or sub-standard story - not agreed. FK is the story of Ben Lockwood's failed attempt to save the last dinosaurs, and Mills turning this into a dinosaur black market. At the end of the story, Lockwood and Mills are dead, the DNA used to create Mills' hybrid is destroyed, and Lockwood's granddaughter has new "parents" in Owen and Claire, who are reunited as a family. Just because FK sets up the next installment doesn't mean it's not a complete story.
Well you don't need to add anything when it's not well made. The trained raptors were quite a turnoff for many people and it is unfortunately connected to the plot of using dinos in combat (complete rubbish like any normal person would tell you)
Yeah Isla Nublar is destroyed after we barely spent time on it in this film. What a nice sendoff. And I know the volcanic source of the island is in the book but it was never mentioned in any other film and seems more like an afterthought here.
And the DNA for the hybrid is actually not destroyed, you know DNA is usually pretty small so why wouldnt they be able to retrieve a sample. Just because the Trex trampled on it does not mean it's all gone.
And it is a substandard story, the events feel so forced with the bad pacing just to somehow get to the point where Dr Malcom can say Welcome to Jurassic World. It's quite simply not well written.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:16 pm

@Bionic wrote:
Quote :

FK introduces:

Well you don't need to add anything when it's not well made. The trained raptors were quite a turnoff for many people and it is unfortunately connected to the plot of using dinos in combat (complete rubbish like any normal person would tell you)
Yeah Isla Nublar is destroyed after we barely spent time on it in this film. What a nice sendoff. And I know the volcanic source of the island is in the book but it was never mentioned in any other film and seems more like an afterthought here.
And the DNA for the hybrid is actually not destroyed, you know DNA is usually pretty small so why wouldnt they be able to retrieve a sample. Just because the Trex trampled on it does not mean it's all gone.
And it is a substandard story, the events feel so forced with the bad pacing just to somehow get to the point where Dr Malcom can say Welcome to Jurassic World. It's quite simply not well written.

We spent two movies on Isla Nublar...why do we need to spend more time there exactly?

Trevorrow has said no hybrids in JW3, Hoskins and Mills are dead, the "very valuable" Indominus bone they acted like was the source of the hybrid program was destroyed...for all intents and purposes, it's gone.

Regarding the film is being objectively "badly written and substandard" (your OPINION BTW, others clearly differ) - then ignore it and write your own JP4/5. That's what fanon is for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Quote :
We spent two movies on Isla Nublar...why do we need to spend more time there exactly?

Trevorrow has said no hybrids in JW3, Hoskins and Mills are dead, the "very valuable" Indominus bone they acted like was the source of the hybrid program was destroyed...for all intents and purposes, it's gone.

Regarding the film is being objectively "badly written and substandard" (your OPINION BTW, others clearly differ) - then ignore it and write your own JP4/5. That's what fanon is for.

Because the pacing quite simply sucks. It's as if the characters spend 20 min in realtime on the island. Finding Blue should have taken more time (apart from the fact that they failed to properly recreate the scene with the ford explorer, the tree and the wall are missing, it looks nothing like how things were left in the first film). There should have been more thrilling scenes with dinosaurs being captured.
You can ignore it all you want but there's way too many people pointing out how rushed that part is. You basically see that many scenes were cut. That's not good editing.

It's not just my opinion, even the more positive reviews clearly state that the script is weak, feels forced and is not well written.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:27 am

Quote :

You really never think before you speak, do you? Have you even imagined what will happen when you put two indoraptors in a cave full of Taliban in Afghanistan? Exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:35 am

[/quote] You really never think before you speak, do you? Have you even imagined what will happen when you put two indoraptors in a cave full of Taliban in Afghanistan? Exactly. [/quote]

Says the guy that writes complete rubbish. If you seriously think that this scenario is good writing and has a place in a Jurassic Park film then it just shows that you have an awful taste and lack the ability to differentiate between good storytelling and some nonsense that can only be described as parody.
And then you you expect someone to take you seriously.
You can wank one to this Resident Evil-dinoriders garbage but don't even try to come for me when I'm pointing out what anyone else would call: TRASH, period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 am

Quote :
Says the guy that writes complete rubbish. If you seriously think that this scenario is good writing and has a place in a Jurassic Park film then it just shows that you have an awful taste and lack the ability to differentiate between good storytelling and some nonsense that can only be described as parody.
You can wank one to this Resident Evil-dinoriders garbage but don't even try to come for me when I'm pointing out what anyone else would call: TRASH, period.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:09 am

Quote :
You really never think before you speak, do you? Have you even imagined what will happen when you put two indoraptors in a cave full of Taliban in Afghanistan? Exactly.

Quote :

Nothing substantial, only ranting. Take a timeout and if you want to discuss properly, I will be open to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 am

Quote :
Nothing substantial, only ranting. Take a timeout and if you want to discuss properly, I will be open to it.

That's all? Well I guess you have run out of even more rubbish arguments then or you just don't think before you type.
And it's not my problem that you totally fail to comprehend my and many other's substantial concerns since you have no taste.
Bye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:57 am

@Bionic wrote:
Quote :

That's all? Well I guess you have run out of even more rubbish arguments then or you just don't think before you type.
And it's not my problem that you totally fail to comprehend my and many other's substantial concerns since you have no taste.
Bye

Of course. You reacted only with name calling and questioned the writing of said topic. I only said that the idea of militarized dino's can be viable in certain situations. I never claimed that it got explained perfect in the movies or something in that sense.

And do not put words in my mouth. Everybody is allowed to voice their concerns.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 am

[quote]
Of course. You reacted only with name calling and questioned the writing of said topic. I only said that the idea of militarized dino's can be viable in certain situations. I never claimed that it got explained perfect in the movies or something in that sense.

And do not put words in my mouth. Everybody is allowed to voice their concerns. [/qutoe]

You started with the insults, at least own up to it.
And again this whole idea is so outlandishly absurd that it leaves you scratching your head. If you make a film with an original story ok maybe but don't force it into something that started as JP and has no place in this setting. It is quite simply unfathomable to me how anyone who adores JP can consider this to be a good idea. It's forced as hell.
The movie also fails to explain why the Indoraptor can take bullets yet 5 seconds later it hardly withstands a fight with Blue.
And when you have a human clone in your house wouldn't that technology be way more useful and profitable for buyers then mixing up dino-monsters??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Quote :
You started with the insults, at least own up to it.
And again this whole idea is so outlandishly absurd that it leaves you scratching your head. If you make a film with an original story ok maybe but don't force it into something that started as JP and has no place in this setting. It is quite simply unfathomable to me how anyone who adores JP can consider this to be a good idea. It's forced as hell.
The movie also fails to explain why the Indoraptor can take bullets yet 5 seconds later it hardly withstands a fight with Blue.
And when you have a human clone in your house wouldn't that technology be way more useful and profitable for buyers then mixing up dino-monsters??

Admittedly, my initial post does not belong in a normal discussion as well, however, it was more of first reaction towards your line about militarization of dino's ''complete rubbish like any normal person would tell you''.

Nevertheless, no reason to continue that.

I was always quite neutral about the concept of militarization of dino's. It is not far-etched when you think about it. Not sure how you see it as forced but I do think that they did explained it quite simplistic in JW. I mean in my favourite scenario every Jurassic movie would be like 30 min longer all dedicated towards character & story development. Something all the movies lack in my opinion. Perhaps the simplistic story telling made it feel forced to you?

I cannot remember the fight sequence in detail of the Indo versus Blue. I know the Indominius was quite consistent in that regard but I can't respond about the JWFK fight.

About the cloning, yeah probably. I can see it being very profitable. Perfect human cloning could even have an bigger impact on the world than dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Quote :

Admittedly, my initial post does not belong in a normal discussion as well, however, it was more of first reaction towards your line about militarization of dino's ''complete rubbish like any normal person would tell you''.

Nevertheless, no reason to continue that.

I was always quite neutral about the concept of militarization of dino's. It is not far-etched when you think about it. Not sure how you see it as forced but I do think that they did explained it quite simplistic in JW. I mean in my favourite scenario every Jurassic movie would be like 30 min longer all dedicated towards character & story development. Something all the movies lack in my opinion. Perhaps the simplistic story telling made it feel forced to you?

I cannot remember the fight sequence in detail of the Indo versus Blue. I know the Indominius was quite consistent in that regard but I can't respond about the JWFK fight.

About the cloning, yeah probably. I can see it being very profitable. Perfect human cloning could even have an bigger impact on the world than dinosaurs

How can you say it is not far fetched, it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about or that you don't know what JP is about. In JW it was only a sideplot but frankly it was the one element where eyeryone sreamed 'Bad idea'.
Making it the mainplot is turning people off, so no surprise this entry is getting trashed by the reviews.
Anyone who has worked in the military will tell you that it would be complete nonsense to use animals in combat.
You'd have to bring in more supplies, they would need to be completely quiet when the enemy is close by, and considering that militarized dinos would be very costly to produce it wouldn't be worth it when they get a single shot and die.
You are seriously wondering why it feels forced? It's one of the reasons this hardly felt like a Jurassic film. It's grossly outlandish and just really stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Something I think is honestly interesting, is that while this movie didn’t explode quite like JW did, the box office has been good, and honestly, most of the general audience opinion I’ve heard is good. Meanwhile, I don’t put much stock in critics, so I really wasn’t surprised by the reviews at first but was when reviewers literally stopped reviewing in some publications to say they hope the film fails. Coming down to fans though, I still don’t think it’s as polarizing here as some other movies to come out I’m not going to bring up. It seems like if our small user base, only a couple really hate it, a couple think it was bad but found some things to like, and then most users thought it was ok or good. Couple that with at least two Facebook groups I’m on, and you get a similar thing: somevery vocal people who hated it, some in the middle, a lot that enjoyed themselves.

I honestly think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. If you are unhappy, that’s fine, be passionate within reason about it. I don’t think it’s necessarily the direction any of us thought the franchise would go but it’s what we have at this point.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:10 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
Something I think is honestly interesting, is that while this movie didn’t explode quite like JW did, the box office has been good, and honestly, most of the general audience opinion I’ve heard is good. Meanwhile, I don’t put much stock in critics, so I really wasn’t surprised by the reviews at first but was when reviewers literally stopped reviewing in some publications to say they hope the film fails. Coming down to fans though, I still don’t think it’s as polarizing here as some other movies to come out I’m not going to bring up. It seems like if our small user base, only a couple really hate it, a couple think it was bad but found some things to like, and then most users thought it was ok or good. Couple that with at least two Facebook groups I’m on, and you get a similar thing: somevery vocal people who hated it, some in the middle, a lot that enjoyed themselves.

I honestly think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. If you are unhappy, that’s fine, be passionate within reason about it. I don’t think it’s necessarily the direction any of us thought the franchise would go but it’s what we have at this point.

I think this is probably right. We're lucky to be getting new JP films at all after all these years, and personally I hope Trevorrow's vision will reveal itself in the third movie, but with these two last movies I see a lot of issues with the scripts, and that's only fair to talk about. A lot of the things I did like, such as the indoraptor in the mansion, the superb visuals etc. But in general I wish they had put more effort into the script. There really is no excuse, I mean look at superb script JP had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:19 pm

IMO the JW and JW:FK scripts are okay. They need to be better that's definitely true but they're not bad either.

Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:26 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:

Agreed.

And just to build on your point about most fans generally enjoying the movie, I think the poll points to this too:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:18 pm

^I completely agree with both points Very Happy
When the screening I was in ended and people walked out, I actually heard mostly positive "it was cool" and "I liked it" reactions. Since I myself enjoyed the movie a lot and thought it was a decent sequel, I was actually quite surprised to see the negative reaction online. But eh, opinions and tastes can vary lol.
I can defenitely see why this might not be the route many were hoping the franchise would take, and yes, the movie had flaws (pacing/script issues) which dreserve to be pointed out, but in general I think some of the criticism is exaggragated/blown out of proportions- mauLer's rant and people on twitter who claim that this movie ruined the franchise and is worse than JP3 (I just can't fathom how, sorry) are a prime example lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 pm

But why at least 3 profiles here have the same pic? Lol I get confused.

Btw, everyone has their own opinion, just please avoid things like "That thing is bad and if you don't get it you have no taste".

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:18 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
But why at least 3 profiles here have the same pic? Lol I get confused.

Btw, everyone has their own opinion, just please avoid things like "That thing is bad and if you don't get it you have no taste".

It's our default avatar. They haven't selected a new one yet.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   

Back to top Go down

Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: