Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 pm

@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Quote :

Tons of those are not even plot holes but more like fake'ish stuff for the sake of being a movie. Others you mentioned are more like goofs than plot holes. I am talking aboutstuff such as the TLW unmanned boat or the sudden cliff in the T-rex paddock. I mean you list things that with a little bit of imagination (that you clearly do not have) could be explained. I never was arguing that the movie would have zero plot holes though, but in my opinion only a few of the ones you mentioned are actual plot holes instead of goofs.

Spear me your nonsense, I can suspend my disbelief but lazy scriptwriters can't take me for a fool and expect me to turn my brain off because ...oh well dinosaurs.
And that you are even trying to distinguish between supposed plotholes and 'just' goofs is only silly.

Right, because captured dino's not being sedated is a plot hole.... (Goof, plus it adds more dramatic effect to the movie than sleeping dino's)

Or the so called plothole that Iris is the only worker in a huge mansion.... Perhaps other people work there and go home? Maybe Mills made sure that the part-time staff were not working on those days? (Using your imagination)

I can do this with almost all the things you mentioned.

There is one thing that is not necessarily a plot hole but it stood out to me. I infer that the scene where they go get the indo bone takes place right after JW essentially. Maybe a few months later. Why? Because mosa is still alive. We see no volcano activity in the background and most importantly it seems like Wu has been working on the Indoraptor for a while. Not just a couple weeks or even months. Think the laser targeting they perfected.

So why oh why then, is the mosa just now showing up to humans when it’s been out in the water all this time? It looks like it’s been released for atleast a year.

Also I got to admit the secret lab in plain site is just ridiculous. Lockwood never wanted to go down there? They need to explain stuff like this in the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 pm

@Lost wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
When did they capture the t-rex?

You'd think this would've been one of the most interesting scenes to see, but they just skip it like it's a minor detail. "Oh btw, we captured the t-rex too, here it is in captivity".

No scene would have topped Roland Tembo shooting at the T-Rex.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:07 pm

^I completely agree. Though I admit seeing a visual of the team capturing rexy would have still been cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 pm

@Dv-218 wrote:
^I completely agree. Though I admit seeing a visual of the team capturing rexy would have still been cool.

Who knows, maybe it's one of the scenes that didn't make the final cut?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:33 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Quote :

Tons of those are not even plot holes but more like fake'ish stuff for the sake of being a movie. Others you mentioned are more like goofs than plot holes. I am talking aboutstuff such as the TLW unmanned boat or the sudden cliff in the T-rex paddock. I mean you list things that with a little bit of imagination (that you clearly do not have) could be explained. I never was arguing that the movie would have zero plot holes though, but in my opinion only a few of the ones you mentioned are actual plot holes instead of goofs.

Spear me your nonsense, I can suspend my disbelief but lazy scriptwriters can't take me for a fool and expect me to turn my brain off because ...oh well dinosaurs.
And that you are even trying to distinguish between supposed plotholes and 'just' goofs is only silly.

Right, because captured dino's not being sedated is a plot hole.... (Goof, plus it adds more dramatic effect to the movie than sleeping dino's)

Or the so called plothole that Iris is the only worker in a huge mansion.... Perhaps other people work there and go home? Maybe Mills made sure that the part-time staff were not working on those days? (Using your imagination)

There is one thing that is not necessarily a plot hole but it stood out to me. I infer that the scene where they go get the indo bone takes place right after JW essentially. Maybe a few months later. Why? Because mosa is still alive. We see no volcano activity in the background and most importantly it seems like Wu has been working on the Indoraptor for a while. Not just a couple weeks or even months. Think the laser targeting they perfected.

So why oh why then, is the mosa just now showing up to humans when it’s been out in the water all this time? It looks like it’s been released for atleast a year.

Also I got to admit the secret lab in plain site is just ridiculous. Lockwood never wanted to go down there? They need to explain stuff like this in the movie.

He just assumed that the noise from constructing the holding cells for the dinosaurs was just Iris vacuuming in the basement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Amadieus wrote:
@Bionic wrote:
Quote :

Maybe Lockwood knew there was a lab there but for different reasons than that Mills told him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:42 pm

There's literally a volcano pictured on park maps. There was probably no real need to mention it because it was dormant and posed no threat to life

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:06 pm

I am worried. This franchise was originally rooted in realism and intelligence. From what I've seen among the GA and critics. It turns out to be stupid and lacking in common sense at times. You've all seen what I wrote about how the next movie has to explain how the dinosaurs DON'T get wiped out by the military. You also have the GA asking "Why didn't they take them to Isla Sorna?" and whenever some fans tell them to 'go to the site', the GA is going to say "I shouldn't have to go to a site" or "A good, or at least decent, movie should explain it for me. It shouldn't need a site as a crutch." They might settle for a book or a cartoon show a la Star Wars, but they will NEVER consider going to site. Sorry, but using a site as a source to explain massive plot holes is just using a crutch to support bad writing. Not only that, but you have the fact that this movie was supposed to be better and smarter. A lot of the GA feels betrayed, mainly by how the movie was written.

You also have some people think that Malise is part dinosaur, and if that gets proven right in JW3......whew boy.....try defending that one.

People here can say "Nothing is wrong. It's still going to make money." As I said before, just because a movie makes a lot of money doesn't mean that it's successful. Zilla '98 was profitable, but nobody considers that a successful movie. (At least, not a successful Godzilla movie like it was advertised.) Nor does a financially successful movie mean that it still causes damage to the overall product in the long term. Man Of Steel and BvS were both financially successful. But both of them tore the GA and fans so much, that it led to Justice League bombing. And let's not forget how TLJ alienated half the Star Wars fans. Don't tell me that was a big part of how Solo bombed. So far, this movie looks like it's going to be Man Of Steel/TLJ in that regard.

Universal/Spielberg wants to keep Colin, fine. But at least give him some far superior writers and keep him away from much of the creative control.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:48 pm

^^ Have you seen the film yet? Give it a chance before you pass judgement.

I think people also look at the originals through nostalgia glasses, too...let's face it, there was some weird plot holes in the first one, too, such as:

- How come they let most of the staff leave for the weekend when there was a VIP tour going on which would decide the fate of the park's funding? And why would they leave their boss and guests on the island in the middle of a tropical storm?

- How come Nedry needed to turn the fences off to get the to dock when we saw workers opening the doors between paddocks quite safely when the power was on?

- Why did they use frog DNA to fill in the gene sequence gaps in the DNA when dinosaurs were much more closely related to birds? And why would they use DNA from animals that could change sex when their whole anti-breeding policy was based on the animals being female?

- Why did Hammond and CO. bother calling for help, leaving on Sunday night (?), when they could have hunkered down in the emergency bunker and waited for the rest of the staff to come back on Monday?

JP has never had watertight plotting. Is FK as intelligent as the first two films or the books? No, but that doesn't mean it's sub-mental as come critics are making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
^^ Have you seen the film yet? Give it a chance before you pass judgement.

I think people also look at the originals through nostalgia glasses, too...let's face it, there was some weird plot holes in the first one, too, such as:

- How come they let most of the staff leave for the weekend when there was a VIP tour going on which would decide the fate of the park's funding? And why would they leave their boss and guests on the island in the middle of a tropical storm?

- How come Nedry needed to turn the fences off to get the to dock when we saw workers opening the doors between paddocks quite safely when the power was on?

- Why did they use frog DNA to fill in the gene sequence gaps in the DNA when dinosaurs were much more closely related to birds? And why would they use DNA from animals that could change sex when their whole anti-breeding policy was based on the animals being female?

- Why did Hammond and CO. bother calling for help, leaving on Sunday night (?), when they could have hunkered down in the emergency bunker and waited for the rest of the staff to come back on Monday?

JP has never had watertight plotting. Is FK as intelligent as the first two films or the books? No, but that doesn't mean it's sub-mental as come critics are making it out to be.

1. Not many people. A few people would be safe in a large building.

2. Nedry was a hacker and he shut down much of the power.

3. The bird-dino connection wasn't as solid as it was in the late 1990's-to today.

4. Because maybe he didn't want the rest of the staff to get injured like most the survivors did.

Also, explain to me how the dinosaurs WOULDN'T be wiped out by the military within a month of getting free in the American mainland? Sorry, but that ending was made for the sake of a sequel a la BvS. And even then, it made less sense then that superhero movie. It was also made for the sake of a JP movie with a mainland plot. And it painfully shows.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:08 pm

[quote="Rhedosaurus"]
@Robotpo wrote:

The bird-dino connection wasn't as solid as it was in the late 1990's-to today.

I was obsessed with dinos in the early-mid 90's, and watched a lot of documentaries on the subject such as A&E's "Dinosaur" and PBS' "The Dinosaurs" (yup, real original titles), and they DID make the bird connection. I believe people have been making the point since John Ostrom's study of Archaeopteryx in the 70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ostrom

Regarding the ending of the film - yes, it's to set up a sequel. So's the ending of ESB...let's hope JW3 is better received than RotJ.

Realistically, would the military wipe out the dinosaurs pretty easily? Yes. But remember, they have 3 years to figure out why this isn't the case.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:10 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
1. Not many people. A few people would be safe in a large building.

2. Nedry was a hacker and he shut down much of the power.

3. The bird-dino connection wasn't as solid as it was in the late 1990's-to today.

4. Because maybe he didn't want the rest of the staff to get injured like most the survivors did.

Also, explain to me how the dinosaurs WOULDN'T be wiped out by the military within a month of getting free in the American mainland? Sorry, but that ending was made for the sake of a sequel a la BvS. And even then, it made less sense then that superhero movie. It was also made for the sake of a JP movie with a mainland plot. And it painfully shows.

So you have seen the film then?

Really curious about this.

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Part of the theme of Jurassic Park was also over reliance on technology and automation. That fact is washed aside a lot because of the man controlling nature and chaos theme taking the spot light. This is explored more in the Viral Marketing campaign known as Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, his book. That's why there were so little staff as well.

Nedry shut down the power to disable door locks he had no access to as well as the surveillance system. The power going off was just part of that and he intended to restore it.

Using frog DNA may have been because the science involving the relation to of birds and dinosaurs was not well established.  The fact that that particular frog species used could change sex was an unintended consequence which is meant to show that despite our mastery of genetics within the JP universe, we still did not understand the power of genetics fully.

It was a tropical storm, not a hurricane. No damage is portrayed from the storm. Just because it was raining wasnt the reason the Trex got out. There is no discussion, scene, or implication that the storm really had any contribution to the downfall of the park. The communication lines were done from Nedry disabling the system.

Edit: Also the idea of being to reliant on technology is why Nedry was so disgruntled. The amount of coding and programming he had to complete to reduce the amount of staff versus the amount he was paid is what led him to doing what he did.

Last edited by Spiegel on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Robotpo wrote:

The bird-dino connection wasn't as solid as it was in the late 1990's-to today.

I was obsessed with dinos in the early-mid 90's, and watched a lot of documentaries on the subject such as A&E's "Dinosaur" and PBS' "The Dinosaurs" (yup, real original titles), and they DID make the bird connection. I believe people have been making the point since John Ostrom's study of Archaeopteryx in the 70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ostrom

Regarding the ending of the film - yes, it's to set up a sequel. So's the ending of ESB...let's hope JW3 is better received than RotJ.

Realistically, would the military wipe out the dinosaurs pretty easily? Yes. But remember, they have 3 years to figure out why this isn't the case.

But it wasn't until the discoveries in China did it become far more concrete then it was back in the early 1990's.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:17 pm

EDIT: This is a response to like 5 posts up.

Rhedo, first off drop the TLJ stuff. It comes up way to often with you and while it’s fine in the SW thread, I don’t want that discussion spilling here.

Have you seen the film yourself yet Rhedo? On your other points though, I really don’t think most of the GA are asking these questions. I went with someone on my second viewing who hadn’t even seen JW, and he just thought the movie was a fun ride. In other forums, I don’t see much complaint about the websites, some mild interest, mostly not caring otherwise. At the most I generally see people assuming TLW and JP3 aren’t canon anymore, and while we know and care about the canon, if it doesn’t affect most of the general audience’s experience than I don’t see a huge problem.

As for “smart” films... I’ll just say to each their own because I feel like opening this can of worms will lead to people thinking they are being labeled stupid or something. But I will say I don’t think every film has to be smart to be good, critically or with the public, and honestly I think it’s too much to expect of the GA to want a smarter film. They care more about the wonder of the first film, or dinosaurs destroying stuff and eating people in new ways.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robotpo
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm

@Spiegel wrote:

Nerdy shot down the power to disable door locks he had no access to as well as the surveillance system. The power going off was just part of that and he intended to restore it.

Well, it's still contrived that the VC's door locks and the outer fences were on the same system (couldn't shut down one without shutting down the other). Razz

My point is, we can nitpick anything if we try...that's why we have to rely on suspension of disbelief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:44 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
There's literally a volcano pictured on park maps. There was probably no real need to mention it because it was dormant and posed no threat to life

The volcano part doesn’t bother me at all. See Hawaii. Tons of people living next to something they never thought would destroy their homes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:15 am

What about letting carnivore dinosaurs run free near the city instead of taking them to Sorna where they can also be free?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:49 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
What about letting carnivore dinosaurs run free near the city instead of taking them to Sorna where they can also be free?

Not sure I follow what you mean...

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:09 am

We went from discussing the plot holes in Fallen Kingdom to discussing the plot holes in Jurassic Park, that's... that's something.
lol

Anyway...

@Spiegel wrote:

The fact that that particular frog species used could change sex was an unintended consequence which is meant to show that despite our mastery of genetics within the JP universe, we still did not understand the power of genetics fully.

Yes, and I loved that. But I could say this: should I really believe that great scientists like Dr Wu and all the stuff who worked at JP, who are brilliant geniuses and they're making scientific miracles, never cared to control the properties of these frog?
It's pretty strange, isn't it? But I don't care. Actually, I loved the fact they didn't notice that, since that's one of the themes of JP, the humans thinking to know more than they actually do.

But the problem is: things like these ones are justified in JP, but whether they show up in Fallen Kingdom, everyone screams "Plot holes! How could they not etc...", and nobody stops to think of the meaning of some choices, of the subtext behind it, like they do with JP.

Seems also like people now want just to see characters always doing the right thing, and when they do a dumb or controversial thing, they call the movie (and the writers) dumb. While actually some of the choices the characters make are supposed to be that way, are written for that purpose, because JP also talks about us committing mistakes.

I mean, if the JP were in charge of those people, they would be some of the most boring blockbusters I've ever seen.

That said, FK has plot holes, not denying that. I just think some negativity is overblown, and does not make justice to the film and what it manages to accomplish.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

You’ve seen the film, right? Assuming you mean the writing, they’re hopefully setting it all up for a specific reason. Writing them back to Sorna, despite that we all want it to still be what it was in TLW, puts it all back to square one, and this is clearly a middle film building towards something.

If you mean in film, the reason I ask if you saw it,
Spoiler:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 am

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

You’ve seen the film, right? Assuming you mean the writing, they’re hopefully setting it all up for a specific reason. Writing them back to Sorna, despite that we all want it to still be what it was in TLW, puts it all back to square one, and this is clearly a middle film building towards something.

If you mean in film, the reason I ask if you saw it,
Spoiler:

Yeah I saw the film, I know it is done to set up something later but still just letting them go run free close to a city seems like a questionable thing.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:19 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Universal/Spielberg wants to keep Colin, fine. But at least give him some far superior writers and keep him away from much of the creative control.

I'm worried that we're going to have to throw the Universal/Colin discussions onto the ban list because you can't drop your agenda, despite being warned multiple times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

They didn't "let" them. They were going to let them die. A cloned child, realizing they were the same as she, decided their fate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:24 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

The volcano part doesn’t bother me at all. See Hawaii. Tons of people living next to something they never thought would destroy their homes.

Well Hawaii's volcano was active before their ongoing disaster, they just didnt know it was going to be THAT bad. The film volcano is more like Mount St. Helens in the northwest, we know it's there, it's just not active at the moment, but it will be eventually.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:32 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm worried that we're going to have to throw the Universal/Colin discussions onto the ban list because you can't drop your agenda, despite being warned multiple times.

This time, it wasn't so much of that as so much as I say that for legitimate fears of the next movie.

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
On your other points though, I really don’t think most of the GA are asking these questions. I went with someone on my second viewing who hadn’t even seen JW, and he just thought the movie was a fun ride. In other forums, I don’t see much complaint about the websites, some mild interest, mostly not caring otherwise. At the most I generally see people assuming TLW and JP3 aren’t canon anymore, and while we know and care about the canon, if it doesn’t affect most of the general audience’s experience than I don’t see a huge problem.

As for “smart” films... I’ll just say to each their own because I feel like opening this can of worms will lead to people thinking they are being labeled stupid or something. But I will say I don’t think every film has to be smart to be good, critically or with the public, and honestly I think it’s too much to expect of the GA to want a smarter film. They care more about the wonder of the first film, or dinosaurs destroying stuff and eating people in new ways.

You underestimate the GA. Gene Roddenberry, the man who created Star Trek once said "There is intelligent life on the other side of the camera." He's right, and with the internet and leakers, the GA is FAR more informed and intelligent about movies then people give them credit for. Movie studios can't take people for granted anymore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:29 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This time, it wasn't so much of that as so much as I say that for legitimate fears of the next movie.

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
On your other points though, I really don’t think most of the GA are asking these questions. I went with someone on my second viewing who hadn’t even seen JW, and he just thought the movie was a fun ride. In other forums, I don’t see much complaint about the websites, some mild interest, mostly not caring otherwise. At the most I generally see people assuming TLW and JP3 aren’t canon anymore, and while we know and care about the canon, if it doesn’t affect most of the general audience’s experience than I don’t see a huge problem.

You underestimate the GA. Gene Roddenberry, the man who created Star Trek once said "There is intelligent life on the other side of the camera." He's right, and with the internet and leakers, the GA is FAR more informed and intelligent about movies then people give them credit for. Movie studios can't take people for granted anymore.

Yeah, the internet acts like nobody remembers or ever cared for The Lost World for example. People forget it was THE film of 1997 before Titanic came out in December of that year.

I have many Friends who are very casual Jurassic Park fans and they are all very aware that there were 2 Islands and the why behind both of them. They are also very aware of the controversial things about the franchise like the feathers thing, among others.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:40 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I have many Friends who are very casual Jurassic Park fans and they are all very aware that there were 2 Islands and the why behind both of them. They are also very aware of the controversial things about the franchise like the feathers thing, among others.

You mean that there's two islands with dinosaurs on them?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am

Ha!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:03 am

You know what I did there lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is   

Back to top Go down

Analyzing the why behind the backlash of Fallen Kingdom and how valid it is
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: