Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Jurassic World 3 News Thread v1.0

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 3 News Thread v1.0   Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Regardless of what their roles are, my hope is that they don't feel shoehorned into the next film. That their return is at least somewhat organic, like Goldblum's was in FK. There needs to be a reason for them to be there.

That's the strange thing about this to me. People are always claiming the new films rest too much on nostalgia as it is, but always seem to be begging for the classic characters to come back more, which to me is a much bigger nostalgia cash-in than the other reused plot elements. I'd love to see them again, but there's no organic way to fit Malcolm or Grant into the two newer films without needing to change the story to accommodate them. Both of them were pretty well-established in their return movies as "I would absolutely never go back to those islands unless this exact specific circumstance took place."

Having dinosaurs on the mainland, imo, is the most organic way to bring them back. They can use their unique experience to help others with a renewed sense of urgency. Sending them back to the islands in any capacity would have never worked in sixty-five million years, and I think we all realize TLW and JP3 took some stretches to make it happen in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

General Jurassic World 3 News Thread v1.0
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2