Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber

Go down 
AuthorMessage
urban ratite
Embryo
Embryo

Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Empty
PostSubject: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Hey everyone, I haven't visited this forum in far too long...
I was getting my Adam Savage fix for the day where he's showing off film props. Holds up an amber-colored chunk, I'm thinking maybe maybe maybe
Sure enough it was actual (camera test...) "amber" from JP1. Check it out and the story here:

I was especially thrilled since in the ~1.5 decades of me following Mythbusters & Adam Savage, I don't think I've heard him mention Jurassic Park. Unless I've missed it? Not even on Tested podcast when JW1 came out, it's not like that movie went under the radar.

Edit: This thread featured as Trending in the Jurassic Mainframe email :}

Last edited by urban ratite on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 pm

I am still so in awe of his movie and prop collection. I've done the research and getting props like that isnt cheap at all. So yeah...an original Amber piece? That goes for a lot.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
I am still so in awe of his movie and prop collection. I've done the research and getting props like that isnt cheap at all. So yeah...an original Amber piece? That goes for a lot.

Indeed. If I every win the lotto big I definitely know what I’ll be collecting
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 2:55 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:

Indeed. If I every win the lotto big I definitely know what I’ll be collecting

It is my lifes dream to get an original Jurassic park item from the franchise...I know definitely they got for a lot but if i hit the lotto that wouldnt matter.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 4:23 pm

To me there is a separate kind of romance that this is a screen test "prop" and probably never made it to a set. This is what the technicians were playing around with to get the idea right, in those magic early 1990 years, then tossed into an ILM closet for decades. I don't know, not a hero prop, but still special.

My question about Adam Savage is still at large though.
I'd love to hear him talk about Jurassic Park, I just don't think he has (that I can find).
* So he's a Star Wars guy. SW is ILM, which did all the JP full motion dinosaurs, plus he freaking worked there
* He's got enough Terminator stuff laying around. Terminator was Stan Winston, who was JP, a franchise which until JW had some of the best/most groundbreaking/done once never done again on screen animatronics made.
* JP is a replica prop/cosplay mecca. How many John Hammond canes have fans built? Costumes?  Animals, weapons, entire damn vehicles?

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just want to hear Adam talk JP sometime. It seems right up his alley, cornerstone to some of his favorite industries, yet I really think the video I posted is the first time I've heard him say 'Jurassic Park'.

Last edited by urban ratite on Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
urban ratite
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Ok, the guys mentioned Jurassic World in the Still Untitled: Adam Savage Project "Worst Place for Selfies" episode 35 minutes in, in a discussion of no import. There, they mentioned JP (JW), now I can let it go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber   Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Savage with JP1 camera test amber
Page 1 of 1