Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeAbout UsJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Posts : 4763
Points : 6459
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 pm

5 years ago, Jurassic World came out. The name of the post says it all. What are your thoughts of this movie 5 years later?

I still think that it's a fun movie that accomplished what it set out to do: Revive the franchise and give people something else besides the MCU and Star Wars.


Here's my list of the good and bad.

Good
It captured the basic spirit of the Jurassic Park franchise.

It gave us what an actual working park would be like. John Hammond's dream was accomplished...even if it lasted shorter then what he would have liked.

Characters were fairly solidly written.

Wu being the villian was pretty neat.

The Indominus Rex was a nice animal villain. I just wish that we'd saw her ravage the visitors for extra carnage.

Great final battle at the end.


Bad
Too much CGI and not enough practical effects. The CGI as a whole is fairly solid, but there is just too much of it. Say what you what about JP3, but at least it tried to mix practicals and CGI.
A bit too much retreading on old ground.
The raptors being semi-trained. It wasn't until I. rex became their new commander did they become savage again. Part of this was how the JP3 raptors were a little too...civilized-for the lack of a better term-for their own good for my taste.

A little too dumbed down.  To be fair, having a 14 year time gap did make people forget about how smart the franchise was supposed to be, so I guess this was needed, at least for this movie, this time.


As for the dinosaurs themselves in terms of accuracy...I can handle most of the dinosaurs being as is via continuality (The exceptions are the Gallimimus, since nobody cares if it's feathered or not, and the JP3 Spino, which I still want ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid which would also allow us to give us more accurate Spinosaurs. And don't point to a site and tell me to go to it.) and that the JP T. rex and Velociraptor are too iconic to make more accurate. But I do wish that the new dinosaurs like Apatosaurus were more scintifically accurate. And seeing the Stegosaurus's be tail draggers was annoying. Wu's explanation was a bit...lazy in hindsight.

In other words, keep most as is, but give us newer more accurate ones. We'll be getting this in JW:D...but at this point it's too little, too late.


Yes, it's kind of stupid, but at least it's still a fun adventurous movie that did a lot of good and washed out the bad taste that JP3 put in my mouth. I just wish that it was a bit smarter and that Universal had done more with all the $1.66 billion it made rather then (besides making the sequel) just sitting on it. To this day, that irks me.  An animated cartoon show that occurred between JP3 and JW would have been perfect. They had no plans what to do if this was a hit and they decided to expand the franchise AFTER they released a sequel that undid a lot of goodwill JW gave people.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Posts : 1456
Points : 4809
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2012-04-07

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Sometimes I am just amazed that its been five years since it came out. It doesnt really feel like that long, especially compared to how long the Dead period was. Im grateful that Jurassic World managed to revitalize the franchise, bring it back to a state of prominence again.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

Posts : 657
Points : 2187
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Melbourne, Australia

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I think it holds up well after 5 years, it's of course not as good as JP or TLW but a vast improvement on JP3. Some of the lines & dialogue in the film are cringe but overall it has good memorable characters (Claire, Owen, Masrani, Lowery etc). Also the CGI is great for the most part, especially the I-Rex & Raptor scenes. Just wish it had more practical affects & didn't have that blue tinge look to the film. Overall a solid 7/10 for me still.

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

My thoughts on Jurassic World are honestly pretty similar to how they were five years ago. I liked the film then and I like the film now. Most of my issues are just nitpicks that don't take away from my enjoyment of the film, like how unnecessary it was to have Gray and Zach's parents be getting a divorce. Because seriously, why do all the kids in the franchise until Fallen Kingdom have divorced parents? It was such a weird recurring theme. I would have done some things differently, but I can say that about all films.

I still remember when I saw Jurassic World in theaters. It was the first time that I stood up and applauded after a movie ended. I had such a fun time then and I still have a fun time now while watching it.

Wu's explanation didn't strike me as lazy. Hell, that whole scene between him and Masrani was based off stuff from the first book.

The biggest grievance I have against the movie is the lack of Dilophosaurus, especially since it was teased to me by one of the Lego sets for the movie. That was also my biggest issue with Fallen Kingdom as well, which also had a misleading Lego set that showed Dilophosaurus. I am so sick of being teased by you, Lego...

When Jurassic World came out, it was my second favorite movie in the franchise. Now, it might be my third or fourth favorite. Not sure if I prefer it or The Lost World.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 am

My thoughts are more or less the same. (And please don't downvote me for this but) for me Jurassic World is right up there with both Jurassic Park 3 and The Last Jedi as the most disappointing film experiences I have ever had.  In fact, JW was even much more of a let down in many more ways than JP3 for me.

Because at least JP3 only had the whole "So now we have established this new species can humilliate the iconic one of the first 2 films like nothing" thing (wich is still one of the most crushing decisions in terms of ruining it for those who grew uo with the first 2 films) but at least it was just that. Wich could be corrected in a possible sequel. But oh boy JW just had waaaaaaay too many things that I despised...

First of I never understood this idea that by now people are tired of dinosaurs. Like seriously...When have people ever been tired of lions and tigers? Then i disliked that the series would now center around hybrid mutants. (Yeah I know ALL of the dinos have a bit of frog DNA but they were more or less the real species). Hybrid mutants make the dinosaurs feel less cool and JW made them more or less background props. Then there was de devastating way by wich they handled the issue of the Rex Spino rematch. First the fact that they thought the issue was solved by having Rexy smash a random skeleton made me furious because it's like having Pacquiao breaking a picture of Mayweather and then saying "Ha! See I won the rematch". I will never understand how some seriously argue that the skeleton smash is the same as a rematch. Then I thought..."Well maybe they will let Rexy take down this even more powerful hybrid mutant by herself thus shutting down all talk of a rematch with a Spino...But no...They did the complete opposite...Another T Rex gets humiliated in mere seconds by another therapod...Then gets nearly killed and has to be saved by Blue and can not even finish the fight. The Mosasaurus does. Seriously I will never understand how people seriously with a straight face say Rexy "won" that fight.

I never liked the characters either. I never felt I was on the same Isla Nublar from the first film. The only thing that I genuinely loved about the film was the soundtrack. I still stand that it is the most underrated soundtrack of the 2010's

Also, on a related note. It should be pointed out that while it is true that there was plenty of hype surrounding the JW in the summer of 2015  it is also important to note that the reaction to the film very very mixed. Yes, there were quite a few longtime fans who liked it, but there were also a significant amount of longtime fans who were really disappointed for many reasons. And by 2016 when the hype of the general public and casual fans had died down, the general consensus of Jurassic World was that it was more or less just a "Summer popcorn flick" while it became more and more clear to the hardcore fans that The Lost World is still the best sequel in the franchise.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/


Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
First of I never understood this idea that by now people are tired of dinosaurs. Like seriously...When have people ever been tired of lions and tigers? Then i disliked that the series would now center around hybrid mutants. (Yeah I know ALL of the dinos have a bit of frog DNA but they were more or less the real species). Hybrid mutants make the dinosaurs feel less cool and JW made them more or less background props. Then there was de devastating way by wich they handled the issue of the Rex Spino rematch. First the fact that they thought the issue was solved by having Rexy smash a random skeleton made me furious because it's like having Pacquiao breaking a picture of Mayweather and then saying "Ha! See I won the rematch". I will never understand how some seriously argue that the skeleton smash is the same as a rematch. Then I thought..."Well maybe they will let Rexy take down this even more powerful hybrid mutant by herself thus shutting down all talk of a rematch with a Spino...But no...They did the complete opposite...Another T Rex gets humiliated in mere seconds by another therapod...Then gets nearly killed and has to be saved by Blue and can not even finish the fight. The Mosasaurus does. Seriously I will never understand how people seriously with a straight face say Rexy "won" that fight.

People getting tired of dinosaurs is something that bugs me about the film, but I can easily ignore it. I do see why they made the Indominus to bring people back, since in real life theme parks build a new attraction every few years to get people coming back. I also don't mind that the movie introduced hybrids because it was a natural progression of the franchise's themes about the dangers of genetics. Jurassic Park was always a cautionary tale that used dinosaurs to tell its message. The hybrids didn't overstay their welcome for me either. There are only two of them and there won't be anymore in the third movie.

Also, Rexy initially being outmatched by the Indominus makes sense to me because... Rexy is really old. Not to mention that she's been fed in captivity for a decade and hasn't been in a fight with another dinosaur for that long as well. She still put up more of a fight than the Rex from JP3 and her being at a disadvantage is justified. Plus, I honestly never needed to see a rematch. The Rex in JP3 was a sub-adult scavenger, I can accept his loss. It wasn't like the Spinosaurus killed an iconic Rex from the franchise. Rexy smashing the skeleton was a nice call-back to the fight. A proper rematch would have come across as pandering or forced.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 3:54 am

@The Malone Society wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
First of I never understood this idea that by now people are tired of dinosaurs. Like seriously...When have people ever been tired of lions and tigers? Then i disliked that the series would now center around hybrid mutants. (Yeah I know ALL of the dinos have a bit of frog DNA but they were more or less the real species). Hybrid mutants make the dinosaurs feel less cool and JW made them more or less background props. Then there was de devastating way by wich they handled the issue of the Rex Spino rematch. First the fact that they thought the issue was solved by having Rexy smash a random skeleton made me furious because it's like having Pacquiao breaking a picture of Mayweather and then saying "Ha! See I won the rematch". I will never understand how some seriously argue that the skeleton smash is the same as a rematch. Then I thought..."Well maybe they will let Rexy take down this even more powerful hybrid mutant by herself thus shutting down all talk of a rematch with a Spino...But no...They did the complete opposite...Another T Rex gets humiliated in mere seconds by another therapod...Then gets nearly killed and has to be saved by Blue and can not even finish the fight. The Mosasaurus does. Seriously I will never understand how people seriously with a straight face say Rexy "won" that fight.

Also, Rexy initially being outmatched by the Indominus makes sense to me because... Rexy is really old. Not to mention that she's been fed in captivity for a decade and hasn't been in a fight with another dinosaur for that long as well. She still put up more of a fight than the Rex from JP3 and her being at a disadvantage is justified. Plus, I honestly never needed to see a rematch. The Rex in JP3 was a sub-adult scavenger, I can accept his loss. It wasn't like the Spinosaurus killed an iconic Rex from the franchise. Rexy smashing the skeleton was a nice call-back to the fight. A proper rematch would have come across as pandering or forced.

I am aware that Rexy was old and I understand why she had to be outmatched at first. But even if it was a tough fight, having her take down the Indominus by herself would have shut down all talk of a rematch with a Spino. Instead we got another humilliation and not a satisfying result. Also keep in mind that the entire T Rex species is iconic when it comes to the Jurassic Park films. Anytime a T Rex is on screen people expect it to kick ass or at the very least portray itself as a dominant alpha predator. That is why the JP3 fight caused (and still does cause) such remorse. It is not the fact that one random T Rex lost. It is the fact that with that fight they established the Spinosaurus species can easily take down T Rexes like nothing. That is what people are bitter about.

By the way, there is something that I really disagree with and it is with this concern or fear that the rematch would come across as too much "pandering", "fan service" or "forced"... Like seriously both Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom had a TON of pandering, fan service and forced callbacks to the original Jurassic Park. But God forbid a less than a minute long rematch in a two hour long film.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I am aware that Rexy was old and I understand why she had to be outmatched at first. But even if it was a tough fight, having her take down the Indominus by herself would have shut down all talk of a rematch with a Spino. Instead we got another humilliation and not a satisfying result. Also keep in mind that the entire T Rex species is iconic when it comes to the Jurassic Park films. Anytime a T Rex is on screen people expect it to kick ass or at the very least portray itself as a dominant alpha predator. That is why the JP3 fight caused (and still does cause) such remorse. It is not the fact that one random T Rex lost. It is the fact that with that fight they established the Spinosaurus species can easily take down T Rexes like nothing. That is what people are bitter about.

By the way, there is something that I really disagree with and it is with this concern or fear that the rematch would come across as too much "pandering", "fan service" or "forced"... Like seriously both Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom had a TON of pandering, fan service and forced callbacks to the original Jurassic Park. But God forbid a less than a minute long rematch in a two hour long film.

To each their own then. I'm personally just over the demand for a rematch between Spinosaurus and T-Rex. It's not something I need from this franchise.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:13 pm

I know. I am just pointing out things that are often misconstrued and misrepresented.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

The Malone Society likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 pm

And I'm offering my defense/perspective. I'm just worried that a proper Rex/Spino rematch would come across to me like Chewie getting a medal in Episode 9, which in my opinion was fanservice at its worse. I'm still open to a potential rematch depending on how it's executed, but I have moved on from the Spinosaurus killing a Rex and it's not on the top of my list for things I want. I understand why fans want it, but for me it's just not something I obsess over. However, this is just my opinion and you're free to have yours. I personally still remember how awesome it was to see Blue and Rexy fighting the Indominus Rex together, it was such a great moment for me when I first saw the movie in theaters. I experienced the movie in a different way you did, which isn't wrong.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 1:52 am

@The Malone Society wrote:
And I'm offering my defense/perspective. I'm just worried that a proper Rex/Spino rematch would come across to me like Chewie getting a medal in Episode 9, which in my opinion was fanservice at its worse. I'm still open to a potential rematch depending on how it's executed, but I have moved on from the Spinosaurus killing a Rex and it's not on the top of my list for things I want. I understand why fans want it, but for me it's just not something I obsess over. However, this is just my opinion and you're free to have yours. I personally still remember how awesome it was to see Blue and Rexy fighting the Indominus Rex together, it was such a great moment for me when I first saw the movie in theaters. I experienced the movie in a different way you did, which isn't wrong.

I understand. I think a lot of the fan service in Episode 9 seems more straight up do to the fact that Episode 8 was like the ultimate anti fan service film. Like that is the single most anti fan service and anti fan pandering film in history. They changed altered and made meaningless every single character, plotline and wishes fans were looking forward to the point where Episode 9 had almost nowhere to go and no plots or storyline to close or follow up on. So they were forced to come up with all these fan servicey things. They had no choice at that point.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I understand. I think a lot of the fan service in Episode 9 seems more straight up do to the fact that Episode 8 was like the ultimate anti fan service film. Like that is the single most anti fan service and anti fan pandering film in history. They changed altered and made meaningless every single character, plotline and wishes fans were looking forward to the point where Episode 9 had almost nowhere to go and no plots or storyline to close or follow up on. So they were forced to come up with all these fan servicey things. They had no choice at that point.

I... can't help but disagree with you about this. I LOVE The Last Jedi and I feel like it did leave Episode 9 with somewhere to go, but Episode 9 chose to undo and retcon everything that The Last Jedi did. Such as Kylo Ren being set up as the main villain, since him overthrowing Snoke made him a much more interesting character to me and I really wanted to see where they would go with him. But I really don't want to get into another debate over The Last Jedi. It's still my third favorite movie in the franchise, while Episode 9 (a movie I dislike so much that I won't even refer to it by name) is my least favorite. The Last Jedi has some of my favorite scenes in all of Star Wars like the throne room scene, Luke's last lesson from Yoda, Luke's stand against the First Order, Rey and Kylo touching hands through their Force bond, Holdo sacrificing herself, and the ending with Broom Boy which to me represents so much of what Star Wars is. If you didn't like The Last Jedi, that's fine. But the movie is really special to me and Episode 9 chose to pander the haters instead of giving it a proper follow up. To me Episode 9 somehow managed to ruin every character and new idea in the sequel trilogy.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 3:22 am

@The Malone Society wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I understand. I think a lot of the fan service in Episode 9 seems more straight up do to the fact that Episode 8 was like the ultimate anti fan service film. Like that is the single most anti fan service and anti fan pandering film in history. They changed altered and made meaningless every single character, plotline and wishes fans were looking forward to the point where Episode 9 had almost nowhere to go and no plots or storyline to close or follow up on. So they were forced to come up with all these fan servicey things. They had no choice at that point.

I... can't help but disagree with you about this. I LOVE The Last Jedi and I feel like it did leave Episode 9 with somewhere to go, but Episode 9 chose to undo and retcon everything that The Last Jedi did. Such as Kylo Ren being set up as the main villain, since him overthrowing Snoke made him a much more interesting character to me and I really wanted to see where they would go with him. But I really don't want to get into another debate over The Last Jedi. It's still my third favorite movie in the franchise, while Episode 9 (a movie I dislike so much that I won't even refer to it by name) is my least favorite. The Last Jedi has some of my favorite scenes in all of Star Wars like the throne room scene, Luke's last lesson from Yoda, Luke's stand against the First Order, Rey and Kylo touching hands through their Force bond, Holdo sacrificing herself, and the ending with Broom Boy which to me represents so much of what Star Wars is. If you didn't like The Last Jedi, that's fine. But the movie is really special to me and Episode 9 chose to pander the haters instead of giving it a proper follow up. To me Episode 9 somehow managed to ruin every character and new idea in the sequel trilogy.

No one can take away how how much you like a film. If you consider it a special experience for you no one can tell you to not consider it special. But when it comes to the how this trilogy was made, you have to understand that fans are going to point out the fact that this trilogy was made without a real plan or well thought outline beforehand. The problem started even before The Last Jedi. In fact in The Force Awakens. JJ Abrams set up a series of questions in his "mystery box" style of writing. To wich family does Rey belong? Why does she gets visions of Skywalker related events? How did Maz Kanata get the Skywalker lightsaber? Why is the Skywalker lightsaber calling to Rey? Who is this powerful Snoke? Why is Luke on the first Jedi temple? Why would Kylo want go to Snoke to "finish" what his grandfather started when his parents were good?

Well Rian Johnson more or less said...F...all of that I am doing my on thing and subverting every single one of those plot lines and the result was a lot of things simply make no sense. Luke left 2 maps in TFA, in TLJ he does not want to be found and only wanted do die. In TFA he had Jedi robes, in TLJ he wanted nothing to with the jedi. In the rest of the films force ghosts had no power, in TLJ Yoda is able to control thunder to strike the real world (creating a huge plot hole because they could have helped in previous battles). In TLJ all of the sudden the Jedi are the problem according to Luke. Why would he think that considering they are the ones who always save the galaxy for over 1,000 years. Why would Luke think there is no hope for Kylo when in Empire Strikes Back Yoda clearly tells him "Always in motion the future is"? Why would Luke think it is a great idea to just sit around and do nothing while 2 sith lords take over the galaxy and murder his family and friends? Why would Luke be mad at Yoda for burning the Jedi books when he himself is firm on wanting the Jedi to end? How did Ben Solo turn to the dark side after training with a Jedi Master like Luke who must fave told him about how bad his grandfather was? Well he just did. And Snoke? He is just dead now without knowing nothing of him. And so on and on and on.

Fans are not hating for no reason. TLJ broke the laws of that universe, created gigantic plot holes by doing so and ruined almost every main character both old and new. And on top of that Disney made it seem like fans were just crazy. They made it seem like they were just "against diversity" and also made it seem like it was just 2 or 3 crazy fanboys hating on it just for the sake of hating on the internet. Wich made the problem even worse. The truth is that everyone realized the movie just made no sense, young, old, millennials, boomers, doctors, lawyers, college dropouts, white, black, asians and so on. Not to mention it is the lowest rated SW film on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet Disney shills insist it is only a tiny minority. So fans have very valid reasons to hate how Disney is running Star Wars. By the time TROS was released it was too little too late. They tried to do damage control but they were not undoing what TLJ did, they were trying to somehow make sense of how TLJ undid everything TFA set up.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 4:06 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Well Rian Johnson more or less said...F...all of that I am doing my on thing and subverting every single one of those plot lines and the result was a lot of things simply make no sense. Luke left 2 maps in TFA, in TLJ he does not want to be found and only wanted do die. In TFA he had Jedi robes, in TLJ he wanted nothing to with the jedi. In the rest of the films force ghosts had no power, in TLJ Yoda is able to control thunder to strike the real world (creating a huge plot hole because they could have helped in previous battles). In TLJ all of the sudden the Jedi are the problem according to Luke. Why would he think that considering they are the ones who always save the galaxy for over 1,000 years. Why would Luke think there is no hope for Kylo when in Empire Strikes Back Yoda clearly tells him "Always in motion the future is"? Why would Luke think it is a great idea to just sit around and do nothing while 2 sith lords take over the galaxy and murder his family and friends? Why would Luke be mad at Yoda for burning the Jedi books when he himself is firm on wanting the Jedi to end? How did Ben Solo turn to the dark side after training with a Jedi Master like Luke who must fave told him about how bad his grandfather was? Well he just did. And Snoke? He is just dead now without knowing nothing of him.  And so on and on and on.

Fans are not hating for no reason. TLJ broke the laws of that universe, created gigantic plot holes by doing so and ruined almost every main character both old and new. And on top of that Disney made it seem like fans were just crazy. They made it seem like they were just "against diversity" and also made it seem like it was just 2 or 3 crazy fanboys hating on it just for the sake of hating on the internet. Wich made the problem even worse. The truth is that everyone realized the movie just made no sense, young, old, millennials, boomers, doctors, lawyers, college dropouts, white, black, asians and so on. Not to mention it is the lowest rated SW film on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet Disney shills insist it is only a tiny minority. So fans have very valid reasons to hate how Disney is running Star Wars. By the time TROS was released it was too little too late. They tried to do damage control but they were not undoing what TLJ did, they were trying to somehow make sense of how TLJ undid everything TFA set up.

1. Luke didn't leave any maps. The maps was to the location of the first Jedi Temple, where they believed Luke had went. Part of the map came from the archives of the Empire, long before Luke's exile since the Empire wanted to eradicate the remnants of the Jedi Order.
2. Luke put his Jedi robes back on when he was about to burn down the Jedi tree, which implies he was going to do that when Rey found him.
3. Obi-Wan's Force Ghost interacted with the physical world in Return of the Jedi. Yoda was also only able to summon lightning because he was on the island with the first Jedi Temple, meaning the connection to the Force was stronger there. He wouldn't have been able to do it anywhere else.
4. Luke's disillusionment with the Jedi continues themes from the prequel trilogy, where the Jedi were just as responsible for Anakin turning to the dark side as Palpatine was. The legacy of the Jedi is failure when you look at.
5. Luke was mad at Yoda because he was still conflicted, which was shown when he hesitated before lighting the tree on fire. Yoda knew that Luke wouldn't go through with it, which was why he did it himself.
6. Snoke didn't matter. In the original trilogy, Palpatine was just a plot device to make Vader a redeemable character. Snoke was just introduced as a Palpatine stand-in and Rian Johnson had the right idea in killing Snoke off. Snoke's death was used to develop Kylo Ren and take the story in a different direction than the original trilogy. While Vader never followed through on his desire to overthrow the emperor, Kylo Ren did. And to me that is much more interesting than a story about another mysterious Palpatine figure. Even if Snoke was Darth Plagueis like fans wanted, that would mean nothing to the characters. Only to the fans.
7. Rotten Tomatoes is an unreliable source, but the critic consensus is 90%. Far from the lowest score in the franchise.
8. They were undoing what The Last Jedi. The only thing that Abrams set up were mysteries that he had no answers for. The Last Jedi left no ambiguity when it said that Rey's parents were nobody. The Rey Palpatine twist in Episode 9 was a blatant and poorly thought out retcon.

"Everyone realized the movie just made no sense" is false. The movie has lots of fans, myself included. A lot of critics loved The Last Jedi. A lot of my friends and family loved The Last Jedi. Several YouTubers that I follow (CinemaWins, HelloGreedo, Linkara) love The Last Jedi. You seem to be insisting that only Disney shrills love The Last Jedi. But that's not true. Plot holes can be explained, what you think ruined characters added more depth to them for others, and not all the rules of the universe had been written nor should they be. The Last Jedi has its detractors and it has fans. It is not universally loved nor is it universally hated.

I could go on and on, continue my defense of the film... but that wouldn't do any good. I realized a long time ago that I can't win with The Last Jedi haters. And I do not want to debate this anymore. We'll just have to agree to disagree. You don't like The Last Jedi. That's fine. I loved The Last Jedi. I'm not a "Disney shrill." Let's leave it at that. Because for over two years now I have been bombarded by haters everywhere I go and the last thing that I want to hear about on a website about Jurassic Park is how The Last Jedi ruined Star Wars. All I did was use something from Episode 9 as an example of fan pandering that I'm worried about for the Jurassic Park franchise. You did not need to go on a rant about how The Last Jedi sucked on a completely unrelated topic discussion.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 am

@The Malone Society wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Well Rian Johnson more or less said...F...all of that I am doing my on thing and subverting every single one of those plot lines and the result was a lot of things simply make no sense. Luke left 2 maps in TFA, in TLJ he does not want to be found and only wanted do die. In TFA he had Jedi robes, in TLJ he wanted nothing to with the jedi. In the rest of the films force ghosts had no power, in TLJ Yoda is able to control thunder to strike the real world (creating a huge plot hole because they could have helped in previous battles). In TLJ all of the sudden the Jedi are the problem according to Luke. Why would he think that considering they are the ones who always save the galaxy for over 1,000 years. Why would Luke think there is no hope for Kylo when in Empire Strikes Back Yoda clearly tells him "Always in motion the future is"? Why would Luke think it is a great idea to just sit around and do nothing while 2 sith lords take over the galaxy and murder his family and friends? Why would Luke be mad at Yoda for burning the Jedi books when he himself is firm on wanting the Jedi to end? How did Ben Solo turn to the dark side after training with a Jedi Master like Luke who must fave told him about how bad his grandfather was? Well he just did. And Snoke? He is just dead now without knowing nothing of him.  And so on and on and on.

Fans are not hating for no reason. TLJ broke the laws of that universe, created gigantic plot holes by doing so and ruined almost every main character both old and new. And on top of that Disney made it seem like fans were just crazy. They made it seem like they were just "against diversity" and also made it seem like it was just 2 or 3 crazy fanboys hating on it just for the sake of hating on the internet. Wich made the problem even worse. The truth is that everyone realized the movie just made no sense, young, old, millennials, boomers, doctors, lawyers, college dropouts, white, black, asians and so on. Not to mention it is the lowest rated SW film on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet Disney shills insist it is only a tiny minority. So fans have very valid reasons to hate how Disney is running Star Wars. By the time TROS was released it was too little too late. They tried to do damage control but they were not undoing what TLJ did, they were trying to somehow make sense of how TLJ undid everything TFA set up.

1. Luke didn't leave any maps. The maps was to the location of the first Jedi Temple, where they believed Luke had went. Part of the map came from the archives of the Empire, long before Luke's exile since the Empire wanted to eradicate the remnants of the Jedi Order.
2. Luke put his Jedi robes back on when he was about to burn down the Jedi tree, which implies he was going to do that when Rey found him.
3. Obi-Wan's Force Ghost interacted with the physical world in Return of the Jedi. Yoda was also only able to summon lightning because he was on the island with the first Jedi Temple, meaning the connection to the Force was stronger there. He wouldn't have been able to do it anywhere else.
4. Luke's disillusionment with the Jedi continues themes from the prequel trilogy, where the Jedi were just as responsible for Anakin turning to the dark side as Palpatine was. The legacy of the Jedi is failure when you look at.
5. Luke was mad at Yoda because he was still conflicted, which was shown when he hesitated before lighting the tree on fire. Yoda knew that Luke wouldn't go through with it, which was why he did it himself.
6. Snoke didn't matter. In the original trilogy, Palpatine was just a plot device to make Vader a redeemable character. Snoke was just introduced as a Palpatine stand-in and Rian Johnson had the right idea in killing Snoke off. Snoke's death was used to develop Kylo Ren and take the story in a different direction than the original trilogy. While Vader never followed through on his desire to overthrow the emperor, Kylo Ren did. And to me that is much more interesting than a story about another mysterious Palpatine figure. Even if Snoke was Darth Plagueis like fans wanted, that would mean nothing to the characters. Only to the fans.
7. Rotten Tomatoes is an unreliable source, but the critic consensus is 90%. Far from the lowest score in the franchise.
8. They were undoing what The Last Jedi. The only thing that Abrams set up were mysteries that he had no answers for. The Last Jedi left no ambiguity when it said that Rey's parents were nobody. The Rey Palpatine twist in Episode 9 was a blatant and poorly thought out retcon.

"Everyone realized the movie just made no sense" is false. The movie has lots of fans, myself included. A lot of critics loved The Last Jedi. A lot of my friends and family loved The Last Jedi. Several YouTubers that I follow (CinemaWins, HelloGreedo, Linkara) love The Last Jedi. You seem to be insisting that only Disney shrills love The Last Jedi. But that's not true. Plot holes can be explained, what you think ruined characters added more depth to them for others, and not all the rules of the universe had been written nor should they be. The Last Jedi has its detractors and it has fans. It is not universally loved nor is it universally hated.

I could go on and on, continue my defense of the film... but that wouldn't do any good. I realized a long time ago that I can't win with The Last Jedi haters. And I do not want to debate this anymore. We'll just have to agree to disagree. You don't like The Last Jedi. That's fine. I loved The Last Jedi. I'm not a "Disney shrill." Let's leave it at that. Because for over two years now I have been bombarded by haters everywhere I go and the last thing that I want to hear about on a website about Jurassic Park is how The Last Jedi ruined Star Wars. All I did was use something from Episode 9 as an example of fan pandering that I'm worried about for the Jurassic Park franchise. You did not need to go on a rant about how The Last Jedi sucked on a completely unrelated topic discussion.

Dude, it is a forum, someone points something out and another person can point another thing out. It is nothing personal or me trying to get back at you. I am just pointing things out. In fact I like pointing things out because I am aware that TLJ has a reasonable number of fans many of whom like to protray this as if some people did not like it and it is because they did not like that they go out and find faults. That is not the case here. People who think that are misrepresenting this and missing the point And I never said you were a Disney Shill, I said that Disney shills are the ones who usually make it seem like the film has just 2 or 3 haters. And sorry but there are plenty of TLJ lovers who one can never win with no matter how unexplainable the plot hole is and no matter how much evidence you show them that directors were not seeing eye to eye they are still convinced everything was done just right. And now to answer a couple of your points:

1. Part of the map was on R2D2 his own personal droid. Wich was more than willing to "wake up" and give others the rest of the map to find Luke. Yet Luke did not want to be found?

2. You are missing my point. JJ wanted Luke to be a Jedi Master in TFA (even if hurt inside). Rian wanted Luke to not want anything to do with the Jedi anymore in TLJ. One director set things up one way and the other went on the opposite direction. That was my point. For you to see that.

3. Obi Wan appeared and spoke to Luke as a ghost in both ESB and ROTJ yes, but he had no powers and even told Luke "I can not interfere" in his fight with Vader. Now all of the sudden both ghost Yoda and ghost Luke can use the force at will. (Was it ever explained that it is because they are on that island? Cause the movies sure did not, leaving the audience confused).

4. The Jedi have been around for over 1,000 years, they only "let" a Sith Lord escape for 23 years. And it was a Jedi who helped take him down. That is not a falure nor is it logical for a Senior Jedi Grandmaster to think that and just throw it all away leaving the galaxy vulnerable to sith lords.

5. He did not seem confilcted for the majority of the film, he was straight up convinced for the majority of the film that the Jedi were the worst thing ever.

6. That still does not explain to me the questions that I asked you. Why would Kylo go to Snoke or want to be like Vader when both his parents and uncle must have clearly told him how terrible Vader and the dark side were?

7. Ok, then why did Solo bomb so hard at the box office? It premiered right about 4 or 5 months after TLJ and there was even a boycott for it wich was effective.

I will give you this, I should not have said "everyone" realized that the movie made no sense, but plenty of people from all walks of life do. That was my point. That it was not just crazy fanboy haters hating on it because they did not get what they wanted. It is more like hardcore fans, casual fans, and people who do not care that much about Star Wars are realizing that it is not about how much one likes it or dislikes it but rather that TLJ just had many things that made no sense, created unexplainable plotholes, broke the laws of that universe and was very clearly made without any idea of where the story was going for Episode 9. There is a biiiiig difference between that and how much one person likes it or dislikes it as their own personal subjective enjoyment or lack there of.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
The Malone Society

Posts : 281
Points : 1173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-22

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am

Artoo actually downloaded his part of the map while he was on the first Death Star. Since he never had his memory erased, he went into a state of hibernation so that his diagnostic systems could attempt organize the vast troves of information his databanks had collected over the years.

As a Force Ghost Obi-Wan literally moved plants on Dagobah, physically interacting with them. He didn't just speak to Luke.

You keep calling Snoke and Kylo Ren Sith Lords. They're not Sith Lords. They use the dark side of the Force, but they're not Sith.

And once again, you're actually trying to make it seem like it's wrong for me to enjoy The Last Jedi. That it can only be my personal subjective enjoyment. To me the movie makes sense. To me the plot holes can be explained. To me it didn't break the laws of the universe. To me it set up an Episode 9 that I wanted to see. But no, you said that "it is not about how much one likes it or dislikes it." You're basically saying that my opinion doesn't matter. That what you're saying is a fact rather than just how you personally experience it.

And like I said, I do not want to debate. I tried to say we can agree to disagree. But you refused.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch

Posts : 412
Points : 1593
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-05-28

Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 am

On more than one time I told you that there is nothing wrong with liking or enjoying the film. There is nothing wrong with trying to defend it either.

What I did say is that there is a difference between personal enjoyment and being able to recognize or at least being open to the fact that the sequel trilogy was made without a cohesive outline.

There is a big difference between that and you liking the way it ended.

By the way you are doing the same thing you say the "haters" do. I did present to you a series of valid points about things that make no sense and break the canon. You were not able to answer quite a few of them and those few that you were somewhat able to give an answer to I gave you a counter argument as to why they still do not make sense and now you are all like "well to me everything makes sense, no more discussion". Well that kinda proves my point. There were quite a few things about the movie that people are still not really able to explain.

And now you are arguing semantics to deflect the validity of my point. You are saying that Kylo and Snoke are not sith lords. Well ok. But they are dark side users or at the very least evil. And the fact remains that there were 2 very evil dark side users taking over the galaxy, doing a genocide and murdering Luke's remaining family and friends and Luke (A Jedi Master) thought it was better to just do nothing about any of that and just let the galaxy in darkness in a regin of terror from the dark side well if you think that makes sense then yes agree to disagree indeed. But my point still stands even if you call them Sith or not. Deflecting my question with the semantic of if they were sith or not does not answer or make sense of the fact that 2 very evil dark side people are about to takeover the galaxy and experienced Jedi Master Luke Skywalker chooses to just do nothing at all about an event that could very well doom the entire galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.   Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Jurassic World: Your thoughts about it 5 years later.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Quick/Debris[Junk-Doppel]Dandy-Draw
» Koa'ki Meiru Guardian Ruling Against Jinzo
» Deformer Deck (Help)
» Koa'Ki Meiru Deck (Need Help With)
» Dragon Ravine and MST

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: