My opinion of Jurassic Park III has changed. I used to to find it the worst in the franchise and preferred JW and JWFK to it. However, thanks to my mates on Discord, my opinion now... is that its still bad, but has some good parts here and there. The raptors, for instance, are my favourite in the entire series,
Nevertheless, I think its still able to be made much, much better.
- Increase the running time to 126 minutes.
- I would incorporate the the themes of corporate hubris and exploitation from the first two films I think were nigh absent from here.
- Specifically, I would create a plot of Biosyn setting up a base on Isla Sorna and Isla Tacano to capture and experiment on dinosaurs for their own projects. These include creating new forms of medicines, breeding dinosaurs to be domesticated, and even for biowarfare. More notably, they actually create new dinosaurs by stealing Ingen's techniques, such as the Spinosaurus, but also smaller ones like Hypsilophodon and Leptoceratops*. These all cause the ecosystem of Sorna, already a bit fragile, to start to irreversibly collapse.
- This operation would be led by Jeff Rossiter, a relatively sympathetic villain with desires to help people, including his elderly parents. Meanwhile, Dodgson would be a minor character that appears in only a handful of scenes but does have a crucial role, as he's the one who authorised Biosyn's project, Operation Verne.
- Both the Kirbys** and Udesky's men would be undercover agents out to stop this, not revealed until halfway in. Alan Grant is hired as a consultant that stays on a boat, but because of circumstances joined the task force.
- Eric would only appear in a family photo of Paul's.
- Cast would feature unused characters from the novels, such as Rossiter as read above.
Returning Cloned Species
New Cloned Species
*These are placeholder species, and I might change them in the future
** Implied not to actually be related here.
I'll be updating this periodically.