Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

General Movie Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
I have a question for you. Name 5 movies that you are looking forward to seeing in the future that are not any of these

A) Sequel
B) Prequel
C) Remake
D) Reboot
E) Soft reboot
F) Re-imaging
G) Adaptation of video game / TV series / comic book / book / whatever other media
H) Involving pre-existing brand
I) Part of cinematic universe
J) Parody / spoof / homage of another thing

Would getting a DVD of Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas count? From what I've seen and heard, it's basically the greatest "It's so bad, it's good" Christmas movie ever made and I want to buy it via Amazon.

Yeah you can have that Razz
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Avatar 2 will finally begin shooting this fall/autumn. It's excpetedt o come out around Christmas time in 2018.

I still don't know why it took so long for it to get made. Yes, Rothman had a hand in some of it when he was still in charge of Fox. But nothing explains for the causes after Rothman left...

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:00 pm

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Any publicity is good publicity, I'm sure

But lol indeed
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:32 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ian McKellen talks about why he passed on playing Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies.

Honestly, he had already played one iconic wizard in The Lord of the Rings, casting him as Dumbledore would have been treating his role as Gandalf as a crutch and basically typecasting McKellan as a wizard for another ten years. Gandalf isn't Dumbledore, and vice versa. I personally thought Richard Harris portrayed Dumbledore as I had imagined from the book, but having to gel that with Sir Ian's performance would have felt jarring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Shia LeBeouf's latest movie sold just one ticket in the U.K.  :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Over the weekend, re-release of 2007 Indian film "Guru" beat it by 10 GBP, and 2013 Spanish film "Zip & Zap and the Marble Gang" by 63 GBP. High stakes here, high stakes.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org.uk/files/downloads/bfi-weekend-box-office-report-31-march-02-april-2017.xls
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 am

Activision Blizzard Studios Co-Presidents Talk Call of Duty Cinematic Universe
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/834719-activision-blizzard-studios-co-presidents-talk-call-of-duty-cinematic-universe#yLB1VzymTsQJXOb2.99

Thisll probably sell because kids love the PEW PEW and EXPLOSIONS of CALLADUTY

Arnold Schwarzenegger Also Exits the Next Expendables Movie
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/834821-next-expendables-movie#TCm6ou0lVs0cCOfT.99

Welp

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Ghost In The Shell reboot will cost Paramount $60+ million dollars.

LOL That's what I expected. It's visually faithful to the source material but lacks any real depth. Dissappointing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
One of the writers of 'The Fate Of The Furious' says that outer space isn't out of the question for a sequel.

I still don't get why this movie series is so popular.

It's a guilty pleasure film I think. I don't like the series at all but i compare it to Saw. You know the sequels get more and more over the top but if you're a fan you get drawn into the story and want to see where the characters end up. 

As for popularity? Characters and a story that people care about like I mentioned . Beautiful people, beautiful cars and crazy action.

No matter how crazy it gets you want to stay and see where they take it. If you're a fan that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
One of the writers of 'The Fate Of The Furious' says that outer space isn't out of the question for a sequel.

I still don't get why this movie series is so popular.

It's a guilty pleasure film I think. I don't like the series at all but i compare it to Saw. You know the sequels get more and more over the top but if you're a fan you get drawn into the story and want to see where the characters end up. 

As for popularity? Characters and a story that people care about like I mentioned . Beautiful people, beautiful cars and crazy action.

No matter how crazy it gets you want to stay and see where they take it. If you're a fan that is.

But it's only going to be a matter of time before people get sick of it after a while. Let's face it, the only reason why the last one made so much was because of how it was Paul Walker's final movie. Not much different then how Heath Ledger got that posthumous Oscar for the Joker since that was his last movie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm

I think F&F will run out of steam eventually. To be honest, most franchises that (so far) are not superhero movies are liable to run out of steam if they protract it out for much longer than they should. To date, at least we know that there will be a definitive ending to the Jurassic sequel trilogy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:29 pm

F&F 8 has the biggest box office opening of all time with $532.5 million in the weekend opening.

How? Why? I get that it's an action movie with good looking people and good looking cars, but other then that, I still don't get how this became so popular.

Well, at least it knocked off that dumbass Boss Baby movie off the top spot. So there's at least one positive that came out all this...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
F&F 8 has the biggest box office opening of all time with $532.5 million in the weekend opening.

How? Why? I get that it's an action movie with good looking people and good looking cars, but other then that, I still don't get how this became so popular.

Well, at least it knocked off that dumbass Boss Baby movie off the top spot. So there's at least one positive that came out all this...

This made my heart sink, not just The Boss Baby overtaking Power Rangers and all that shite, but 'F8 of the Furious' overtaking Jurassic World (and possibly The Force Awakens, we'll see) for best opening weekend (and probably world wide total) really bums me out. How is a franchise about meatheads driving uber-fast make so much money?!?! At least Jurassic Park, Marvel, DC and Star Wars make sense!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

I think it makes about as much sense as with those others. I have never seen a single minute of any of those films, but the appeal for certain demographics is obvious. I don't care either way about box office, mostly the films at the top are dumb popcorn trash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:17 pm

After years and years of putting it off and off, because *Adam Sandler*, I finally sat down to watch Mr Deeds. Because, you know I must watch every Winona Ryder film eventually, as you'd guess. And what a piece of complete sh*t it was. It's been a long time I've seen anything so terrible. I know Sandler's "comedies" are generally horrible anyway, but oh my god. I mean, I guess it wasn't a total scam like some of his other productions, but still... what the hell was that. Stupidest premise, stupidest characters, stupidest cheap jokes. With the exception of two instances (someone yelling "nobody cares" to Sandler after he says "I love New York", and Winona boobs joke in the house fire scene) I never smiled once. Only rolled my eyes. This easily surpasses "The Letter" in the bottom of Winona's films. 2000's were sad decade for her, both on and off screen. No wonder she went mental after being in this trash. Screw you Adam Sandler and your friends.
2/10

Last edited by Mistral on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:22 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This made my heart sink, not just The Boss Baby overtaking Power Rangers and all that shite, but 'F8 of the Furious' overtaking Jurassic World (and possibly The Force Awakens, we'll see) for best opening weekend (and probably world wide total) really bums me out. How is a franchise about meatheads driving uber-fast make so much money?!?! At least Jurassic Park, Marvel, DC and Star Wars make sense!

I can only think of one reason why: Paul Walker.

People saw F&F7 since that was his last big movie and now they wanted to see this one since it was the first one made without him. "Let's see how this movie does without Paul Walker." That is the only thing I can think of.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Fate of the furious has a chance to beat the biggest opening of all time (TFA). And of course that would mean JW as well. I had no idea the franchise made THAT much money internationally.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/16/the-fate-of-the-furious-beats-star-wars-the-force-awakens-for-biggest-global-opening

Edit: I see this was already posted above me(fail lol). But dang Universal is in a really good position with their films right now. I don't expect JW2 to do as good as JW, and it has a higher budget. But unless people are burnt out already it's probably going to be a massive success.

And look forward to seeing atleast 3-4 more fast and the furious I'd say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:40 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
But dang Universal is in a really good position with their films right now. I don't expect JW2 to do as good as JW, and it has a higher budget. But unless people are burnt out already it's probably going to be a massive success.

And look forward to seeing at least 3-4 more fast and the furious I'd say.

Ugh...No. Just.....just no. I get that it has good looking cars and people. But other then that it has nothing else. I still say that Paul Walker's death was the reason why the last one made as much as it did, not to mention this one too since people wondered how it would turn out since his death. It has no deep story to it, no deep thinking, no sci-fi elements (which is what at least Transformers has going for it), just...nothing else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:47 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
But dang Universal is in a really good position with their films right now. I don't expect JW2 to do as good as JW, and it has a higher budget. But unless people are burnt out already it's probably going to be a massive success.

Ugh...No. Just.....just no. I get that it has good looking cars and people. But other then that it has nothing else. I still say that Paul Walker's death was the reason why the last one made as much as it did, not to mention this one too since people wondered how it would turn out since his death. It has no deep story to it, no deep thinking, no sci-fi elements (which is what at least Transformers has going for it), just...nothing else.

I feel the same as you. I'm just saying that if the money keeps talking it's going to keep going. I mean when you are getting to the 8th installment and your money is increasing that's incredibly impressive.

And I know the whole Paul Walker thing pushed people to 7, and to some extent this one.  But I would bet good money the next is going to do incredible as well. I know so many people in the real who are in love with this franchise for its "family" (cringe lol). 

And as much as it hurts to say. There are just as many people in the world who are fans of cars(casual every day car fantatics like me) and beautiful people than there are fans of lightsabers and Dinosaurs. 

So I'm pretty confident it's going to continue for a few more.

Edit: and the thing that makes it different from transformers is that loyal fan base who loves the characters. The characters in bayformers are hated by most, yet the Furious family is beloved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

I can only think of one reason why: Paul Walker.

People saw F&F7 since that was his last big movie and now they wanted to see this one since it was the first one made without him. "Let's see how this movie does without Paul Walker." That is the only thing I can think of.

The Rock and Vin Diesel are the reason why.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

I can chime in a little bit on this as someone who only passingly liked the first 3 or 4 F&F films, but really enjoyed 5-7 (haven't seen F8 yet). I look forward to seeing just how ridiculous they can get. I mean, there are people flinging themselves off cars across bridges, racing tanks, dropping out of skyscrapers in sports cars, evading military helicopters through the streets of LA, and having parking garage rooftop fights with oversized wrenches and pipes. Not every movie needs to make think, they just need to be entertaining, and damn if these don't entertain. It's why I like bad movies too, like Troll 2. I don't need to think hard about it, but it's so bad it goes right back around to being hilariously enjoyable.

It's like Jurassic Park 3. A lot of people hate it for being "Ahhh, run away" and nothing more, and while it is that, I still enjoy it because I love dinosaurs and despite being far below the first two films, for the most part it still manages to be an entertaining film. And this doesn't work for all bad movies for me either, if you were wondering. For example, no matter how many dinosaurs they shove in, a movie like "Age of the Dinosaurs" from the Asylum, is just a bad movie. It's stilted, the CGI is terrible, the story is bland, but it's not bad enough to be entertaining, it just ends up boring. Or like Sharknado, no matter how they try to make them "so good they're bad", they just come off terrible to me because they're trying too hard to be something that really aren't made that way.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

Sharknado is amazing how dare you

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

"A Los Angeles detective seeks out the ruthless gang that stole his dog.". If Bruce Willis can look bothered about acting for change, this could interesting and old schooley. The poster looks pretty cool and it's supposedly action-comedy-thriller which supports the image you get of it. Will add that to the list of watches for 2017. It's always good to find original films nowadays that you may look forward to. Although I see that there are people involved in it that were writers in crap like "Cop Out" also starring Bruce cashing-in Willis, so that isn't particularly good sign, but whatever, I'll give it a chance.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4694544/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Speaking of Famke Janssen who's in that film, I hadn't really seen her in anything for few years. The last ones I saw were the Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters which I honestly really liked despite the reviews, and then that terrible Taken 3 which I couldn't even finish. So I was curious to see her in something. But seriously, I mean seriously, how the hell is she 52 years old? She still looks like celebrating her 40th birthday! Okay, the arms may be closer to her true age, and obviously make-up always saves somewhat in the face, but god damn. I think by 60 she'll look 45.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/834719-activision-blizzard-studios-co-presidents-talk-call-of-duty-cinematic-universe#yLB1VzymTsQJXOb2.99

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/834821-next-expendables-movie#TCm6ou0lVs0cCOfT.99

Welp
They have actually been mentioning a call of duty movie since like 2008-2010. Somewhere in that time frame. And the discussion has popped up a few times in that period.

But now they are talking about it again....

Ehh I don't think it'll happen personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

Welp
They have actually been mentioning a call of duty movie since like 2008-2010. Somewhere in that time frame. And the discussion has popped up a few times in that period.

But now they are talking about it again....

Ehh I don't think it'll happen personally.

I could see this being made since COD is far more closer to real life then most other video games. Not only that, but it doesn't quite have the burden of trying to carry a story like the soon-to-be-made Metal Gear Solid movie does. (Which I'm not thrilled about. I'm a huge fan of MGS, but I just don't see that movie being good as a direct adaptation.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next