Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 General Movie Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1445
Points : 2204
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Lethal Weapon 5 Back on the Table with Gibson, Glover & Donner
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/898925-lethal-weapon-5-back-on-the-table-with-gibson-glover-donner

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Corey Feldman says that he gave the names of child molesters to the LAPD years ago.

I honestly think that the only way this will end is if the FBI conducts a sting operation.




Suburbicon is Paramount's worst world wide debut of all time.

If 2019 isn't their saving grace year, bye-bye Paramount.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 pm

MGM is ramping up on it's major comeback.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:48 pm

It looks like China didn't save the Blade Runner sequel, either.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Points : 1736
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Looks like our days of constantly counting on China to save an underperforming blockbuster are starting to come into question. Even before 2017, not every American film got a release there. The MLP movie of all things isn't even getting a Chinese release.

With MGM and Annapurna being as connected as they are, this could be interesting to see MGM succeed and maybe start to climb up to regain their former glory. Lord knows I'd rather they'd gain a place in the top six major film studios and get Sony out of there. As for Paramount... well, they better have a contingency plan otherwise, as Rhedo said, they'll be down and out.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:14 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Looks like our days of constantly counting on China to save an underperforming blockbuster are starting to come into question. Even before 2017, not every American film got a release there. The MLP movie of all things isn't even getting a Chinese release.

With MGM and Annapurna being as connected as they are, this could be interesting to see MGM succeed and maybe start to climb up to regain their former glory. Lord knows I'd rather they'd gain a place in the top six major film studios and get Sony out of there. As for Paramount... well, they better have a contingency plan otherwise, as Rhedo said, they'll be down and out.

It serves Hollywood right for overlooking all the atrocities that the Chinese government has/still is committing. Richard Gere said that his anti-China stance has crippled his career and I believe him. The big wigs in Hollywood sold their souls to the devil, and they got cheated. Good.

As for MGM, I do see them regaining ground. While I see the new 'proper' T3 movie being a pretty good movie, I don't think it will be enough to save Paramount. Maybe postpone it for a while, but not save it. And , unless Sony Pictures get fused with the game branch to make one giant entertainment branch-with all the current people running the movie branch being purged, of course-I'm thinking that they'll go down with 7-10 years too.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Blockbuster Video has one last store that's active in the U.S.A. and it's in Alaska.

Here's an article that talks about the dark side of Hollywood via sexual harassment and how much of a douchebag Harvey Weinstein was.

Corey Feldman names that actor who molested him, Jon Grissom.

Byran Singer is facing sexual assault accusations again.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 757
Points : 1494
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Over there

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 am

I miss video stores Sad

_______________
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- June 22nd, 2018

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I miss video stores Sad

Same. Pretty creepy when you think about huge stores with living people got replaced by Redbox.

Literally a little red box that sits outside another store with a screen on it No

We still have a local video store about 30 min away. I have no hate for Redbox or NETFLIX but i try to give this store as much business as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I miss video stores Sad

Same. Pretty creepy when you think about huge stores with living people got replaced by Redbox.  

Literally a little red box that sits outside another store with a screen on it No

We still have a local video store about 30 min away. I have no hate for Redbox or NETFLIX but i try to give this store as much business as possible.

We also have a few video stores that are locally owned, but they are a few small cites away.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Paramount and Hasbro made a new deal to produce and distribute Hasbro properties.

One of Paramount's last stands. At this point, they really can't do much else.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1445
Points : 2204
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 pm

The Silver Chair to be Joe Johnston’s Last Film, Shooting Starts Next Winter
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 517
Points : 1159
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
The Silver Chair to be Joe Johnston’s Last Film, Shooting Starts Next Winter
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99

Thank God, that rules out him directing JP6/JW3! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Points : 1736
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 pm

@dance2nite wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
The Silver Chair to be Joe Johnston’s Last Film, Shooting Starts Next Winter
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99

Thank God, that rules out him directing JP6/JW3! Razz

I hope this means Joe gets to go out on a high note, and this proves to be as good as the first Narnia film from Disney, at least!

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
The Silver Chair to be Joe Johnston’s Last Film, Shooting Starts Next Winter
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/900813-the-silver-chair-to-be-joe-johnstons-last-film-shooting-starts-next-winter#6oUuTjdiC0BMYGS4.99
That’s sad. I know you guys hate him but I like him as a director. I think he could make a great JP film with a good script.

It’s not like he was coming back anyway, not that I think he should. But career over? Maybe he’ll change his mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

Dude I liked him so much in movies. I mean obviously I don’t like the real him now. But that’s such a blow to me. I’ll never be able to watch Bugs life again without thinking about this shit.

Fuck.

But again it’s better for the truth than victims staying silent.

This also paints a rather disgusting picture for Netflix and Hollywood.

Since there was no big investigation i see two options.

1. The studio doesn’t know it happened for sure and fired him without investigation to maintain good PR. Which is bad for actors who are innocent and have false allegations.

2. The studio knew about this for years and only Care now because WE know. Again fired for good PR.

I believe number 2 is the case but both are absolutely disgusting.

Edit: sorry if i got any info wrong. Just ranting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:49 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

Dude I liked him so much in movies. I mean obviously I don’t like the real him now. But that’s such a blow to me. I’ll never be able to watch Bugs life again without thinking about this shit.

Fuck.

But again it’s better for the truth than victims staying silent.

This also paints a rather disgusting picture for Netflix and Hollywood.

Since there was no big investigation i see two options.

1. The studio doesn’t know it happened for sure and fired him without investigation to maintain good PR. Which is bad for actors who are innocent and have false allegations.

2. The studio knew about this for years and only Care now because WE know. Again fired for good PR.

I believe number 2 is the case but both are absolutely disgusting.

Edit: sorry if i got any info wrong. Just ranting.

It makes you wonder when the whole child pedophilia thing finally gets exposed and get how big it really is. I think at this point, the FBI has to get involved via a sting operation, since the LAPD is just too corrupt via celebrity influence at this point. (Remember how the escorted Kim and Kanye a year or two ago?)

And it's not just Hollywood, but also the parents of those kids who knew/had an idea, but simply didn't care due to all the money. Hollywood is very very weak now and China-not to mention the rest of the oversees market, isn't the savior the business had in mind.

Once the child pedo ring gets busted, between the criminal lawsuits, the civil lawsuits, and the out of court settlements, which would be basically be modified bribe money, Hollywood would never recover for at least a decade.

And they only have themselves to blame.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

Dude I liked him so much in movies. I mean obviously I don’t like the real him now. But that’s such a blow to me. I’ll never be able to watch Bugs life again without thinking about this shit.

Fuck.

But again it’s better for the truth than victims staying silent.

This also paints a rather disgusting picture for Netflix and Hollywood.

Since there was no big investigation i see two options.

1. The studio doesn’t know it happened for sure and fired him without investigation to maintain good PR. Which is bad for actors who are innocent and have false allegations.

2. The studio knew about this for years and only Care now because WE know. Again fired for good PR.

I believe number 2 is the case but both are absolutely disgusting.

Edit: sorry if i got any info wrong. Just ranting.

It makes you wonder when the whole child pedophilia thing finally gets exposed and get how big it really is. I think at this point, the FBI has to get involved via a sting operation, since the LAPD is just too corrupt via celebrity influence at this point. (Remember how the escorted Kim and Kanye a year or two ago?)

And it's not just Hollywood, but also the parents of those kids who knew/had an idea, but simply didn't care due to all the money. Hollywood is very very weak now and China-not to mention the rest of the oversees market, isn't the savior the business had in mind.

Once the child pedo ring gets busted, between the criminal lawsuits, the civil lawsuits, and the out of court settlements, which would be basically be modified bribe money, Hollywood would never recover for at least a decade.

And they only have themselves to blame.

Well we may not have many movies for a long time but it has got to happen.

I have no doubt countless clebs and executives are trying to reach out to their victims to try and bribe them with settlements at this very moment. They know at this point the general public is on to this. I mean look at the box office this year. People are already tired of this pampered "holier than thou" attitude they have displayed in this political climate as is.

The LAPD is pretty much objectively corrupt. There are so many stories of them looking the other way for Scientologists because they are paid. So yeah, same with the famous people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:21 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Netflix has cut all ties to Kevin Spacey.

Dude I liked him so much in movies. I mean obviously I don’t like the real him now. But that’s such a blow to me. I’ll never be able to watch Bugs life again without thinking about this shit.

Fuck.

But again it’s better for the truth than victims staying silent.

This also paints a rather disgusting picture for Netflix and Hollywood.

Since there was no big investigation i see two options.

1. The studio doesn’t know it happened for sure and fired him without investigation to maintain good PR. Which is bad for actors who are innocent and have false allegations.

2. The studio knew about this for years and only Care now because WE know. Again fired for good PR.

I believe number 2 is the case but both are absolutely disgusting.

Edit: sorry if i got any info wrong. Just ranting.

It makes you wonder when the whole child pedophilia thing finally gets exposed and get how big it really is. I think at this point, the FBI has to get involved via a sting operation, since the LAPD is just too corrupt via celebrity influence at this point. (Remember how the escorted Kim and Kanye a year or two ago?)

And it's not just Hollywood, but also the parents of those kids who knew/had an idea, but simply didn't care due to all the money. Hollywood is very very weak now and China-not to mention the rest of the oversees market, isn't the savior the business had in mind.

Once the child pedo ring gets busted, between the criminal lawsuits, the civil lawsuits, and the out of court settlements, which would be basically be modified bribe money, Hollywood would never recover for at least a decade.

And they only have themselves to blame.

Well we may not have many movies for a long time but it has got to happen.

I have no doubt countless clebs and executives are trying to reach out to their victims to try and bribe them with settlements at this very moment. They know at this point the general public is on to this. I mean look at the box office this year. People are already tired of this pampered "holier than thou" attitude they have displayed in this political climate as is.

The LAPD is pretty much objectively corrupt. There are so many stories of them looking the other way for Scientologists because they are paid. So yeah, same with the famous people.

Back in the 1990's they were basically used as bodyguards for many famous hip-hop/rap artists. So having them escort Kim and Kanye was no big surprise. Personally, I think that the LAPD should be disbanded and rebuilt, and have the California State Police take over with the FBI watching them until the LAPD is properly reformed.

As a whole...Well, watch this Mister Metokur video.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am

In happier news, David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid video game franchise and accomplished scriptwriter will write the script for the live-action Voltron movie.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 3386
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm

21st Century Fox to sell most of its shares to Disney

This is a very very idea for originality in the movie industry. Now I guess X men will join the MCU and we'll see more stuff enter disneyland.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Points : 1736
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
21st Century Fox to sell most of its shares to Disney

This is a very very idea for originality in the movie industry. Now I guess X men will join the MCU and we'll see more stuff enter disneyland.

The hopeless optimist buried deep inside me wonders if this pertains to the acquisition of the whole of the Star Wars Original Trilogy as well as the X-Men. But the realist me tells me that this is another concession of defeat from the other studios, and a dark forewarning of what looks like Disney taking over the entire industry.

And back to the latest coverage of the "Weinstein Effect"; bye-bye Bryan Singer:

Jessica Chastain speaks out against Hollywood Sexual Harassment, singles out Bryan Singer

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
21st Century Fox to sell most of its shares to Disney

This is a very very idea for originality in the movie industry. Now I guess X men will join the MCU and we'll see more stuff enter disneyland.

The hopeless optimist buried deep inside me wonders if this pertains to the acquisition of the whole of the Star Wars Original Trilogy as well as the X-Men. But the realist me tells me that this is another concession of defeat from the other studios, and a dark forewarning of what looks like Disney taking over the entire industry.

And back to the latest coverage of the "Weinstein Effect"; bye-bye Bryan Singer:

Jessica Chastain speaks out against Hollywood Sexual Harassment, singles out Bryan Singer

I don't totally buy this. I get why Fox would get rid of the Fantastic 4. But I don't get why they'd sell off the X-Men as well. Enough people still trust Fox with X-Men. Also why would Fox sell off most of it's movie company when it's still very profitable? It's not like Sony or Paramount.

Also, either Jessica Chastain was really ignorant about Singer's alleged harassment claims, or she's making this up because of what's going now and got caught in her juxtaposition. Also, why doesn't she denounce that movie or quit? Oh yeah, it's all about the money she'll make. Typical Hollywood leftist. Never practices what she preaches.

UPDATE: The talks are over and the idea is now dead.

Disney should try to get Paramount and buy back the rights to the Hulk from Universal and Spider-Man from Sony instead. That and buy back the F4 from Fox.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Despite what happened, 21st Century Fox is still for sale.

I just don't get this at all. If this was Sony and/or Paramount, I'd get it. But I do not get this at all.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 am

Fat Harvey had a personal spy ring to quash his 'activities' from getting out.

UPDATE: Fat Harvey could be indicted next week.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 pm

@Rhedosaurus

Derek Connolly to write metal gear solid movie script.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jurassic-world-derek-connolly-pen-sonys-metal-gear-solid-pic-1202610438/

I’m not a metal gear fan but know you are. How you feel about this decision?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1305
Points : 1995
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Spacey has officially been dropped from ‘All the money in the world ‘ even though the film still has its December 22 release date.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-dropped-all-in-the-money-in-the-world-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott-j-paul-getty-1202204437/

Christopher Plummer is now replacing.

All I gotta say is WOW. I knew his career was pretty much finished but I didn’t know they would go these lengths to get him removed from something coming out next month. I guess this guy is atleast getting what he deserves and it’s not being pushed under the table, which is refreshing. Hope it continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:22 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus

Derek Connolly to write metal gear solid movie script.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jurassic-world-derek-connolly-pen-sonys-metal-gear-solid-pic-1202610438/

I’m not a metal gear fan but know you are. How you feel about this decision?

I hate it. The only scriptwriter who could have done justice is David Hayter, mainly because of the fact that he was the voice of Solid Snake for not only the original Metal Gear Solid game (PS1), but also for MGS2, and MGS4. He was also the voice of Snake's biological father, Big Boss for MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker. Add that to the fact that he's an accomplished screenwriter, and he was the ONLY person who could have wrote a good script.

Add to the fact that this is going to be made by Sony Pictures with Avi Arad being the producer, I have no hope for this movie. Metal Gear Solid just has too many moving parts. If this was either based on the very first 2 Metal Gear games, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, it might work since they don't' have as much moving parts. If this was a standalone movie series which strayed from the source material yet kept the basics of it intact, a la the Tim Burton/Michael Keaton Batman movies, it would also work. But even then, another studio, Warner Brothers preferably. (Fox would be ideal, but they are going out.)

But an outright movie adaptation? By Sony Pictures?

No. No. No.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 404
Points : 1072
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:43 pm

one possible upside is that Metal Gear could actually WORK as a video game movie because it's so cinematic already. iirc Kojima had actually originally wanted to be a filmmaker.

given the general reputation of video game movies, though, you're right to be worried/frustrated (i haven't ever played a Metal Gear game, personally--didn't have a PlayStation growing up)

_______________
Requiescas in pace, Jurassic Park Legacy. We will never forget you.
Rplegacy: Pursue all ambition, ye who enter here!

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3680
Points : 4453
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 30
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm

FX cut ties with Louis C.K. after he admits to sexual misconduct/harassment.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
General Movie Discussion
Back to top 
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: