Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
I think Sony pictures is either someone’s purchase very soon or about to get a huge shakeup and hopefully get better.

Kaz Hira is officially stepping down as CEO, but will still hold a respectable place in the company. Yet it’ll be Kenichiro Yoshida taking his place.

Now why do I think this is significant? Kaz was always a huge proponent of Sony’s entertainment division including the PlayStation(doing wonderful) but also Sony Pictures(I don’t need to say anything lol).

This Kenichiro Yoshida on the other hand is known for how aggressive he is with “trimming the fat” off of Sony. Getting rid of divisions, jobs, assets etc that bleed money and from what I’ve heard the investors really like that about him. Which is probably why he has stepped into the position.

Now obviously I don’t KNOW how he feels about the movie division and how it’s run right now. And Kaz will still be in the company(as was Yoshida all these years). But it’s extremely hard for me to imagine this guy letting Sony pictures poor performance go on. I think we are potentially about to see a huge shake up. Whether that means a closure, sale, or making it way better (hope this is the case).

Watch closely over the next year or two.

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/kazuo-hirai-sony-entertainment-strategy-loses-biggest-champion-1202685374/

Sony has 2 options: Either merge the movie branch with the video game branch or sell off everything. And if Fox sold off most of it's non-news assets, then I can see Sony doing the same thing.

If you don't mind, I'm going to post this on the Midnight's Edge FB page.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
I think Sony pictures is either someone’s purchase very soon or about to get a huge shakeup and hopefully get better.

Kaz Hira is officially stepping down as CEO, but will still hold a respectable place in the company. Yet it’ll be Kenichiro Yoshida taking his place.

Now why do I think this is significant? Kaz was always a huge proponent of Sony’s entertainment division including the PlayStation(doing wonderful) but also Sony Pictures(I don’t need to say anything lol).

This Kenichiro Yoshida on the other hand is known for how aggressive he is with “trimming the fat” off of Sony. Getting rid of divisions, jobs, assets etc that bleed money and from what I’ve heard the investors really like that about him. Which is probably why he has stepped into the position.

Now obviously I don’t KNOW how he feels about the movie division and how it’s run right now. And Kaz will still be in the company(as was Yoshida all these years). But it’s extremely hard for me to imagine this guy letting Sony pictures poor performance go on. I think we are potentially about to see a huge shake up. Whether that means a closure, sale, or making it way better (hope this is the case).

Watch closely over the next year or two.

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/kazuo-hirai-sony-entertainment-strategy-loses-biggest-champion-1202685374/

Sony has 2 options: Either merge the movie branch with the video game branch or sell off everything. And if Fox sold off most of it's non-news assets, then I can see Sony doing the same thing.

If you don't mind, I'm going to post this on the Midnight's Edge FB page.

Sure man. Very relevant topic for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 am

Update on Sony Pictures.

They might be up for sale after all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Update on Sony Pictures.

They might be up for sale after all.

My thinking: Disney buys the spider-people rights back, leaves Ghostbusters/MIB for another studio to pick up. Maybe Universal can buy them.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 am

Quentin Tarantino defends Roman Polanski by saying that 13 year old girl Polanski raped, "Wanted to have it."

Considering how he knew about Fat Harvey's sexual tendencies, this doesn't surprise me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 am

I can't link to the article (demonstrator laptop at work won't let me), but Comcast is trying to kill Disney's purchase of Fox Studios.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm

David Goyer won't be directing the He-Man movie, but will stay on as both a writer and as the Executive Producer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Here's the teaser trailer for the new Grinch movie.

I'm just waiting for the Seuss estate to take away the rights from Universal the way the Edgar Rice Burrough's estate did with Disney after John Carter bombed as bad as it did.

At least we have the WB animated Cat In The Hat movie to look forward to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm

The ‘Terminator’ Franchise Is Getting a New Female Hero

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion