Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 The Horror Movie Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 761
Points : 1459
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:51 am

This looks amazing.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1311
Points : 2005
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:01 am

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
This looks amazing.

I think it looks okay but they are basically stretching the short film into a full movie. IDK if that can work. The director assured me personally that it would be good but idk.

Have you seen the short?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:29 am

Short films are almost the easiest to adapt because there's always room to expand on the story. Also he's supposed to tell you it's good because it's his job as a director to make people want to see it, lol.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1311
Points : 2005
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:20 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
Short films are almost the easiest to adapt because there's always room to expand on the story. Also he's supposed to tell you it's good because it's his job as a director to make people want to see it, lol.
I know that XD.

But  I'm still worried for it. I personally don't think it needs its own film. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lost
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 107
Points : 756
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:04 am

Well you saw what happened to Annabelle. But I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:12 pm

There was nothing wrong with Annabelle IMO

George A. Romero Will Be Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame!

Quote :

George A. Romero, the “Godfather of the Dead”, is being awarded a star on Hollywood’s infamous “Walk of Fame”! The 76-year-old director shocked and terrified audiences when he brought us 1968’s Night of the Living Dead, a film that many claim as the beginning of the zombie craze in the horror genre. The film generated several sequels, including the revered Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead as well as the lesser loved but still highly entertaining Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, and Survival of the Dead.

Outside of the zombie genre, Romero was responsible for films such as The Crazies, Martin, Monkey Shines, Bruiser, and a segment of the anthology horror film Creepshow.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 35
Points : 664
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 24
Location : Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Any love for Halloween? That's my favorite horror film!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 734
Points : 3088
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 25
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 pm

@Raptor Blue wrote:
Any love for Halloween? That's my favorite horror film!
Idunno. Do I look like a fan? Razz 




_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:15 am

I know a guy who's made a bunch of those masks himself, lol.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 734
Points : 3088
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 25
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:19 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
I know a guy who's made a bunch of those masks himself, lol.
Name? I might have bought from him myself.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:28 am

First name is Marty, i'll PM the last name if I'm in the right ballpark.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 734
Points : 3088
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 25
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Nah, that's alright. I have not heard of him.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 35
Points : 664
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 24
Location : Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:19 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Raptor Blue wrote:
Any love for Halloween? That's my favorite horror film!
Idunno. Do I look like a fan? Razz 




Nice! Sweet Jason mask too! The Friday movies are probably my 2nd favorite horror series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 761
Points : 1459
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:55 am

Saw The Purge: Election Year tonight. Not sure if I liked it more than the second film, but it was pretty good. I noticed while obviously not shying away from the gore, this one felt much more about the story and the characters than the previous film which had  a lot more going on in the "creative ways to show people purging" department. It still had the poor vs. rich thing going on which was fine, and the new characters were actually pretty good (with Frank Grillo's character being the only returning one, besides some brief bits with the New Founding Fathers.). It also manages to wrap it up as a trilogy, however it leaves room for more.  

It was only briefly touched upon, but I really liked the the idea of "murder tourism." That is, people flying in from across the world just to join in on the Purge. I'd have liked to see a little more on that, but as it pertained to the story, I was fine it only got a mention.

Go see it, it's pretty good.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:48 am

Breaking: A New ‘SAW’ is Coming Next Year!

Quote :

Bloody Disgusting has just confirmed that Michael and Peter Spierig will be directing the currently untitled eighth SAW with Lionsgate releasing in theaters on October 27, 2017.

Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger – the same scriptwriting duo behind Piranha 3D, Piranha 3DD, and Sorority Row – were previously reported as the film’s writers.

Franchise co-creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell are acting as executive producers.

As I wrote previously, Peter and Michael Spierig first broke onto the genre scene when Lionsgate released their undead horror Undead back in 2003. Since, they were hired by the studio to direct the vampire sci-fi epic Daybreakers, while also delivering the masterful sci-fi paradox horror Predestination. Next up, Jigsaw.

The brothers were recently attached to direct Winchester Mystery House, which has been in development for years. I think it’s safe to assume this is going on the backburner as SAW is scheduled to shoot from September-October in Toronto, Ontario.

The seven SAW films grossed $874 million at the box office worldwide and were hailed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the “Most Successful Horror Franchise” of all time.

SAW was the first collaboration for co-creators James Wan, who directed the film, and Leigh Whannell, who wrote the screenplay. Together, they also created the successful Insidious franchise, and Wan has gone on to direct such high-profile films as The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, and produced Annabelle and the upcoming Lights Out.

Directed by Wan from a script penned by Whannell, SAW is a psychological thriller focusing on two men who wake up in a secure lair of a serial killer, with a dead body lying between them. The killer, nicknamed “Jigsaw,” leaves them tape recorded messages with details of how to make it out alive. The only way for one man to make it out alive is to do the unthinkable. The two men desperately try to find a way out, while also trying to figure out who’s behind their kidnapping.

The film, which was released over Halloween weekend on October 29, 2004, was produced by Gregg Hoffman, Oren Koules, and Mark Burg.

Watch this spot for more news as it breaks, including casting.

‘It’: Here’s Your First Look at Pennywise!!!

Spoiler:
 

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
avatar

Posts : 734
Points : 3088
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 25
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Looks pretty terrifying. I just hope the performance is as good.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1311
Points : 2005
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:29 am

I'm actually pumped for Saw.

I like the directors they are going with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:57 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:24 pm


If you're confused as to how this just came out of nowhere, the original title of the movie was called The Woods


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 761
Points : 1459
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm

So two new reviews for everyone. First up....

Stranger Things - This is a Netflix original series, 8 episodes long. It is fantastic. There's not too much I can say, but the basic premise is a mystery surrounding the disappearance of a young boy, and a young girl who shows up and has mysterious telepathic powers. It takes place in 1983, and the atmosphere is spot on. There are so many horror references, and the whole story itself feels straight out of a Stephen King's best works, with a dose of Silent Hill. Nearly all the characters are well developed, and besides the obvious villain characters, it was hard to hate any of them. I don't want to say much more, because I want to preserve the mystery for everyone. 9/10, not 10 because there are a few slow points, but nothing that detracts from the series.

The Invitation - Caught this film on Netflix as well. It's also hard to describe without giving too much away, but I'll do my best. A guy and his new girlfriend are going to a dinner party hosted by the guy's ex-wife and her new fiancé. There's some history that is shown throughout the film that led to their break up, but since a good number of his friends are also going, he decides to go. The ex-wife and her fiancé have been in Mexico, exploring a new lifestyle, and have invited some people they met as well.

Let me ay this, this film is straight tension from start to finish. From the moment they arrive until the very end, you feel like something is very wrong, but the film is very good at throwing curveballs to subvert your expectations. Everything does come together, and I will say, it may be a bit what you are expecting all along, but the journey to that point, and the things you learn, are very well put together, and do make you care about what happens. It ends on a bit of a twist in the final minute, which I was kind of meh on, but it didn't hurt the film. Overall, 7/10. I recommend seeing it, but its a very slow burn film, but the tension is really good, so it probably won't bore you.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 285
Points : 2497
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:02 pm

I saw the Invitation on Netflix and almost watched it but backed out because my girlfriend had never seen the original "The Exorcist." I was thinking I might check it out next time though and now I'm going to. Thanks for the brief review!

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 41
Points : 622
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:16 pm

I was watching Event Horizon last night, love that film! So dark. Love the feel and the story. Hopefully one day it might get a sequel:

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Fixed that picture for ya cause it was stretching the page a tad.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1311
Points : 2005
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:56 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
So two new reviews for everyone. First up....

Stranger Things - This is a Netflix original series, 8 episodes long. It is fantastic. There's not too much I can say, but the basic premise is a mystery surrounding the disappearance of a young boy, and a young girl who shows up and has mysterious telepathic powers. It takes place in 1983, and the atmosphere is spot on. There are so many horror references, and the whole story itself feels straight out of a Stephen King's best works, with a dose of Silent Hill. Nearly all the characters are well developed, and besides the obvious villain characters, it was hard to hate any of them. I don't want to say much more, because I want to preserve the mystery for everyone. 9/10, not 10 because there are a few slow points, but nothing that detracts from the series.

The Invitation - Caught this film on Netflix as well. It's also hard to describe without giving too much away, but I'll do my best. A guy and his new girlfriend are going to a dinner party hosted by the guy's ex-wife and her new fiancé. There's some history that is shown throughout the film that led to their break up, but since a good number of his friends are also going, he decides to go. The ex-wife and her fiancé have been in Mexico, exploring a new lifestyle, and have invited some people they met as well.

Let me ay this, this film is straight tension from start to finish. From the moment they arrive until the very end, you feel like something is very wrong, but the film is very good at throwing curveballs to subvert your expectations. Everything does come together, and I will say, it may be a bit what you are expecting all along, but the journey to that point, and the things you learn, are very well put together, and do make you care about what happens. It ends on a bit of a twist in the final minute, which I was kind of meh on, but it didn't hurt the film. Overall, 7/10. I recommend seeing it, but its a very slow burn film, but the tension is really good, so it probably won't bore you.      

And I'm 2 episodes into that show and I am enjoying it! I might have to check out that movie if it's on Netflix. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 761
Points : 1459
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:23 pm

And another review to add:

Lights Out - I'm sure many of you have seen the trailers by now, in fact I think some are in this thread. The film is about an entity that lives in the dark, but there is more to it than that. The film follows Becca, a young woman with sever trust issues, whose little brother contacts her about the fact he isn't sleeping at home. His father mysteriously died at the beginning of the film, and his mother seems to be slipping back into depression, a condition she has had all her life. At night his mother talks to someone, and one night he sees the entity his mother talks to, and calls Diana. He asks his sister for help, who experienced similar events when she was a child.

In terms of scariness, it had a few good jump scares, some pretty good tension, but overall it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I admit horror films tend to have a hard time scaring me anyway, but I wasn't as unsettled as I expected to be. Still, the story was well thought out, and it doesn't drag at all. There's one simple reason I will recommend maybe waiting for the DVD: the runtime is short. Like, according to my theater, it was 80 minutes, but my showing was at 2:25, there was at least 20 minutes of credits, I left when the credits started rolling, and it was 4:05. Not to say it isn't worth the price, I still am glad I supported the film, but when taking this into consideration, I paid 5.25, since it was the early price, but being as its not as cheap in other places, then your mileage may vary. 7.5/10.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 220
Points : 873
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 24
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:16 am

I'm really excited about the new Saw film! Love those movies, even the not so good ones!

_______________
Avatar created by InGenUity  I approve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:44 pm

‘Saw’ Producer to Remake ‘Pumpkinhead’

Quote :

The 1988 horror slasher Pumpkinhead is the latest horror film to land on the “remake” table, although the man behind the updated version is trying his best to prove that his intentions are nothing short of honorable.

Peter Block, known as one of the executive producers of the Saw franchise, has obtained the rights to the Pumpkinhead franchise, according to EW, and he wants to bring the creature back from the cinema graveyard. He enlisted a young scribe by the name of Nate Atkins to write the script.

“‘Pumpkinhead’ is one of my favorite horror films of the late ’80s, early ’90s. Stan Winston sits on that Mount Rushmore of iconic filmmakers because of his creature designs, and that was his first directing effort. The creature’s great but the emotional story is wonderful as well,” Block explains.

The updated version is going to pay homage to the original film but only those who know the first well will catch on. “There’s a lot of Easter eggs for people who know the original — iconic shots and iconic lines that we’re going to use.” However, Block assures everyone that there is a purpose to this remake, stating, “…we’ve enhanced the setting, and we’ve expanded the characters somewhat, to give it a different kind of experience.”

Perhaps the biggest point that Block makes is that he recognizes the respect the horror community has for Stan Winston and practical FX, saying, “I am a big proponent of practical effects. That was the great thing about the original. A lot of the films I still respond to most today, it’s because of the practical effects. We think that it’s going to be a nice slow reveal, lots of scares and lots of action in the beginning, and a great creature in the end, which everybody should be able to look at and say, ‘Oh, that’s Pumpkinhead!’ It’s not like you’re all of a sudden going to find that it’s some amorphous, nebulous, CGI wispy thing. You’re going to know it came from the Pumpkinhead family lineage.”

In the original film, which starred Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Alien3), a store owner is overcome with grief after the accidental death of his son. Seeking out vengeance, he teams with a local witch to raise the entity known as “Pumpkinhead” so that those who cause him so much grief can suffer their own horrific fates.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 761
Points : 1459
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:20 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
‘Saw’ Producer to Remake ‘Pumpkinhead’

Quote :

The 1988 horror slasher Pumpkinhead is the latest horror film to land on the “remake” table, although the man behind the updated version is trying his best to prove that his intentions are nothing short of honorable.

Peter Block, known as one of the executive producers of the Saw franchise, has obtained the rights to the Pumpkinhead franchise, according to EW, and he wants to bring the creature back from the cinema graveyard. He enlisted a young scribe by the name of Nate Atkins to write the script.

“‘Pumpkinhead’ is one of my favorite horror films of the late ’80s, early ’90s. Stan Winston sits on that Mount Rushmore of iconic filmmakers because of his creature designs, and that was his first directing effort. The creature’s great but the emotional story is wonderful as well,” Block explains.

The updated version is going to pay homage to the original film but only those who know the first well will catch on. “There’s a lot of Easter eggs for people who know the original — iconic shots and iconic lines that we’re going to use.” However, Block assures everyone that there is a purpose to this remake, stating, “…we’ve enhanced the setting, and we’ve expanded the characters somewhat, to give it a different kind of experience.”

Perhaps the biggest point that Block makes is that he recognizes the respect the horror community has for Stan Winston and practical FX, saying, “I am a big proponent of practical effects. That was the great thing about the original. A lot of the films I still respond to most today, it’s because of the practical effects. We think that it’s going to be a nice slow reveal, lots of scares and lots of action in the beginning, and a great creature in the end, which everybody should be able to look at and say, ‘Oh, that’s Pumpkinhead!’ It’s not like you’re all of a sudden going to find that it’s some amorphous, nebulous, CGI wispy thing. You’re going to know it came from the Pumpkinhead family lineage.”

In the original film, which starred Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Alien3), a store owner is overcome with grief after the accidental death of his son. Seeking out vengeance, he teams with a local witch to raise the entity known as “Pumpkinhead” so that those who cause him so much grief can suffer their own horrific fates.

I don't know how I feel about this, because I'm really afraid this is going to be a CGI-fest. The original monster was clearly puppet work, but it still worked very well. Never saw the sequels, always heard they were pretty poor.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1451
Points : 2213
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:02 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Cloverfield Paradox (2018.
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Heroes (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 285
Points : 2497
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:08 pm

I really enjoyed this one. Pretty interesting and a bit of a twist in the idea of "The bad guy" in some ways.


I liked the idea of this one. Sort of Zombie-ish but not completely and dips into folklore but explains it in a somewhat scientific way. You can find it on Netflix

_______________
Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Horror Movie Thread
Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: